Franklin & Alison Music Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Franklin & Alison Music 1
Franklin & Alison Music 2

Dom · Married on 05/01/2010

The Franklin & Alison Orchestra was incredible! Working with Laraine was easy, thorough, and most importantly we felt 100% confident in everything we planned for. Keith is also a fantastic MC! Aside from being an amazing musician, he announced our events/people perfectly while creating an edginess that had people laughing and dancing. The music performed by the band was also perfect at every moment. You know a band did a great job when everyone at your wedding comments on them and not the awesome food ;) We could not have pictured a better party with a better atmosphere thanks to you!

Sent on 06/08/2010

Heather · Married on 10/11/2009

We found the band by hearing their trio play at a restaurant. We then followed up with them and heard the whole band play at a bridal show. We were hooked! We bonded with Laraine instantly and she was so easy to work with. The band learned a new song or two (or three) for us and did an amazing job. They made our wedding reception unforgettable!

Sent on 09/23/2011

Page · Married on 09/06/2009

This is the third "In the family" wedding that they have done and we knew they were going to be a great fit. We had the nine peice band. Everybody raved about the music all night. They played the perfect mix of slow and dance music and fit our personalities to a tee. couldn't find a thing wrong except they had to stop playing!

Sent on 09/22/2009

Jennifer · Married on 07/11/2009

We used the Franklin & Alison Orchestra for our wedding. They were phenomenal! Laraine was wonderful to work with and always very easy to communicate with. She was in constant touch throughout our wedding planning process. We requested several songs to be played & they did so happily. They even learned new songs for our wedding. The quality of their playing & singing was wonderful. We had an afternoon wedding & they had everyone up & dancing. All the guests commented how terrific they were. They are fun, extremely talented, professional, and committed! I recommend them highly!!!

Sent on 09/01/2009

Becca · Married on 06/27/2009

We had a fantastic experience with the Franklin and Alison Orchestra - the musicians were fabulous and they have a huge list of songs/types of music to pick from (in fact, they can pretty much do anything!). They got absolutely everyone at my wedding on the dance floor - so many people told me that it was the most fun they'd ever had at a wedding, and I think it was in large part due to the band.
    I also had a great experience working with Laraine Alison, my contact person in the band. She was friendly, professional, flexible, just really easy and fun to work with! I HIGHLY recommend the Franklin and Alison Orchestra!

Sent on 08/06/2009

Franklin & Alison Music's reply:

Always Becca and Jeff...great wedding

Bracken · Married on 12/27/2008

The Franklin & Alison Orchestra are an amazing wedding band. They provided us with lively and entertaining music throughout the entire reception. They learned our first dances before the event, and played songs based on a song list we provided. All our guests were so impressed with the band. They had people up and dancing before the main course, and then kept people dancing throughout the whole night. If you're looking for a band that knows how to do weddings, Franklin & Alison are for you. They have vocalists, guitars, trumpets, and anything else you may want. Excellent performance!

Sent on 01/14/2009

Sarah · Married on 07/14/2007

The Franklin and Alison Orchestra is extremely talented! From the very beginning, they listened to all of our needs and concerns. Everyone at our wedding continued to state that we had the best band!! I loved them and they definitely helped make our wedding day so special. After meeting with several bands, I have no doubt that we made the best decision in choosing them as our band. They really were, at all times, professional, elegant and fun!

Sent on 02/10/2008

Kathy · Married on 10/19/1996

It has been 11 years since our wedding and we still get compliments about our band! They are fabulous! Keith and Laraine are great to work with...friendly, professional, and attentive. The band has great sound and an extensive repetoire of music from which to choose from. You can not go wrong with this band!

Sent on 02/25/2008

Claire · Married on 10/02/2010

We loved the band. They were easy to work with and everyone had compliments about them. They sounded great and were willing to learn songs for the son and mother dance as well as a few of our favorites for the night. They were extremely flexible and played during our cocktail hour, during dinner, and were awesome after dinner. The only problem that we ran into was that they took a break while we were taking a family picture and it took a little bit longer than I would have liked to get them back to playing again. Other than the unexpected break, they played continuously and sounded awesome.

Sent on 10/19/2010

jeanna · Married on 10/05/2008

Franklin and Alison Orchestra was worth every dime! Keith was so much fun and Laraine was very easy to work with. I had a jazz trio, and a full swing band, both provided by Franklin and Alison Orchestra. I was very weary of using a live band, but I was blown away! They did an amazing job, and were on time, and on every cue. My family, including grandparents, were dancing all night. I requested all swing and oldies, and that is what they provided! They had the jazz trio set up out side of my dining areas for my families room and my own! It was perfect. I recommend them to anybody and everybody. Loved them!

Sent on 12/17/2008

Eliza · Married on 05/18/2013

The Franklin & Alison Orchestra was the hit of the party! We had a guitar player for the ceremony, trio for the cocktail hour, and 8 pieces for the reception. They learned our quirky first dance song and played it beautifully, and made the whole process super easy for us. But most importantly: everyone is STILL talking about the fun they had listening to and dancing to the band! They were expensive (as any band would be!), but worth every penny. They helped our party come alive!

Sent on 05/25/2013
  • W

Wanda · event on 02/25/2012

We hired the Franklin & Alison Orchestra for a 75th Anniversary Gala attended by close to 400 people. Their music was fantastic and everyone was on the dance floor! They are a talented group and we found their contemporary music to be as popular with the crowd as the oldies they played. I have personally attended many company dances for other agencies in my years and always find that the crowd mostly sits, eats and drinks. Certainly not the case with our Gala! At the end of the evening the waiters were clearning the tables and our guests were sitll dancing! If you want a lively band, easy to work with, professional and guaranteed to get your party going ----The Franlkin & Alison Orchestra is right for you -----Wanda

Sent on 02/29/2012

Sandra · Married on 06/06/2015

3.5

My son selected this band for his wedding and from the first moment they started playing until the end of the very last song they had the dance floor filled with guest of all ages. We heard from so many of our guests how much they enjoyed the music and the dancing. It made the entire evening memorable and just plain FUN!!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Kristy · Married on 09/20/2014

We hire Franklin and Allison Orchestra for our wedding. They put on an excellent performance and sounded great! They told us the one thing we didn't have to worry about during our wedding planning was the music and that it was their job and they were right. They took our recommendations for music to play and put together a great set list and kept everyone on the dance floor all night long. Talented band!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Dave · Married on 07/27/2013

F&A Orchestra have a huge range of music - it was great. Everybody was entertained. They responded to our emails quickly, made good suggestions, and were overall great to work with. Thanks!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Alyson · Married on 06/24/2007

Great band! I would definitely recommend the Franklin & Alison Orchestra. I had only seen them perform once before and was completely blown away by their perfomance at my wedding. They learned an entirely new song for our first dance and did an incredible job. My whole family could not stop raving about this band-- they definitely made the party at my reception.

Sent on 02/11/2008

A · Married on 06/02/2012

People RAVED about the music at our wedding! The band did an amazing job of reading the room, which was a pretty all-ages crowd in a formal setting, and played exactly the right music for the packed-floor dance-party we wanted - AND they were extremely cool about allowing my husband and his friend to sing a song with them. Although there were a few organizational issues, the band was really flexible about dealing with them, and gave us a fantastic party. We also really appreciated that their manager was very reasonable and willing to work with us to meet both our needs and our budget!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Jeffrey · Married on 09/13/2003

4.2

Great band, receptive towards our requests, large volume in their repertoire, really got the party going.

Sent on 07/04/2008

Jacqueline · Married on 03/17/2012

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

I found this to be a very difficult review to make. Overall we were happy with the Orchestra and our guests loved them. I guess that is all that matters! Laraine was awesome in handiling all of the arrangements, paperwork and song selection. I just felt there was a large disconnect at the actual wedding when the introductions of the bridal party were messed up, irish songs we requested (it was St Patrick's Day) were not played, noone could understand the leader. We had a dance for all of our parents married cumulatively 100 years and noone heard the announcement including our parents being dragged out to the dancefloor. Band breaks were not timed well. The band did play well and does have a wide range of music. From Louie Armstrong to Adell they could play it and play it well. They did learn Superfreak (College favorite) and closed down the place with "Brickhouse" . The kitchen staff of the reception site came out to hear and dance to the music. Thats pretty great. I don't know if my expectations were too high, but for the price we paid I am thrilled my guests had a good time but disappointed it was not as smooth as I would have liked it to be. I would hire them again. Very talented folks! Just iron out the kinks!

Sent on 06/01/2012