62 Reviews for Franklin & Alison Music

Willing to Travel (3)
Reception (2)
Ceremony (1)
57 Franklin & Alison Music Reviews

Franklin & Alison made our wedding night unforgettable! Once the music got started there wasn't a minute that the dance floor was empty. They have tons of songs to choose from - from current hits to oldies and classics, and the band learned new songs for our first dance and both parent dances - truly talented and versatile! Laraine was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process, and the band absolutely knows how to throw a good party! All of our guests couldn't stop talking about how amazing they sounded - I highly recommend F&A.

Profile Picture allison, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Reception, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Organized and professional. Excellent sound and energy. Kind people. Everyone loved the band from beginning to end.

Profile Picture Nicholas, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Very flexible and wide variety! Ceremony, cocktail and reception music was perfect! Dancing non-stop!

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews

Dear Keith and Laraine,

Just wanted to drop you a line to let you know that we were very impressed with the band. We could have easily found a band that cost more, but would have a hard time finding a better one.

So many guests came up to us to let us know that they were having a better time solely because of the quality sound of the music you were playing. You obviously enjoy what you do. The whole room knew it and joined in on the fun.

If you should need a referral for a musical venue, we will be happy to recommend you to anyone as we know they will not be disappointed. Also, if you are ever playing at a venue near us, we would enjoy seeing you again. Your group is a class act

Profile Picture Charlie, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

The Franklin & Alison band is absolutely amazing! My husband and I were married in July of 2017 in Cape May, NJ and they really got the party rocking! Our dance floor was so crowded that some people had to dance to the side of it- no one sat the whole night. We got so many compliments on the band, that even dates of guests texted us to compliment the band's performance. They have something for anything you may want (Bruce, Bruno, Pop, Soulful, Disco, R&B.. etc). As they have 3-4 major vocalists they never took a break- which was a particularly notable aspect of their performance. A friend of mine already booked them for her wedding this spring.

Also, Loraine was really sweet and totally accommodating.

Do not hesitate! Book them before they are booked up!!

Profile Picture Meghan, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Fabulous!! My husband and I had booked with Franklin-Alison Music because they were able to offer us everything we were looking for. We booked Ray Bicolli’s strings and a pianist for our ceremony/cocktail hour as well as DJ Ty Chappell for our reception. We were NOT disappointed. As a bride, I was always researching and planning. Ty and Ray asked me all of the questions and essentially helped me plan out the music portion of the day. They call you and basically walk you through everything that needs to be figured out. Really, they made my life easier. As I got closer to the wedding, you learn to appreciate companies like that. As far as the wedding day goes, our DJ Ty took control over the day using the microphone to help inform people of what was going on, helping guide them as to what we were doing next, and again just letting me have a good time while he made sure everything ran smoothly. He was also incredibly flexible. Ty was very good in the spotlight and made for a very memorable garter toss. While the garter and bouquet toss portion of the evening can be cringe worthy, our wedding’s Garter toss was very upbeat, playful, and fun. People were on the dance floor all night. That says a lot when you have not only younger people saying they loved the DJ but older relatives as well. Music is such a big part of the day, and in my opinion they were worth every penny. Hopefully you all find this review helpful. I cannot say enough good regarding this company. Happy planning!

Profile Picture Tim, 7/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

The highlight of our daughter's wedding was the music. 'The Other Band' was the perfect group for our event. Great professional musicians with a vast repertoire of music that addressed a diverse age group and tastes. They had that perfect balance of providing superb music while making sure that the focus remained on the bride and groom. They were able to sense and respond to the crowd, keeping the energy level flowing throughout the evening - never during the evening was the dance floor not packed. Just as important, working with Mike and Allison prior to the wedding to establish the song list and special music requests was a delight. They were flexible and easily adapted to the many requests we had. For weeks after the wedding, every time I ran into someone who was at the wedding their first comment was how much fun they had because of the great music. They have my strongest recommendation for any wedding or other event where you want great music professionally delivered.

Profile Picture bernard, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

My husband and I recently got married in April and were planning our wedding long distance. I read and listened to a ton of bands remotely and was very particular about what I wanted in a band from an authenticity and variety of music stand point. When I saw Franklin & Alison's video, I felt in love with their performances and immediately reached out to Laraine who was super responsive. She has such great energy and was an absolute pleasure to work with...she really worked to accommodate us with the right scenario for our particular wedding which I'm very grateful for. The whole process was fun and a breeze leading up to the wedding. On wedding day, Keith was phenomenal as the MC and each musician absolutely rocked it! We are getting so many compliments on the talent and versatility of the band...so much range that you won't get with other bands (and actually have it sound great). People danced all night and had so much fun. I only hope that we can attend a future wedding as guests so we can dance all night. Highly recommend them to anyone in the tri-state area planning a wedding or event.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 4/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

What an amazing group. F&A Band had our guests dancing their butts off ALL NIGHT. They really know how to play to a crowd, and made our wedding so incredibly special. My father-daughter dance was a new song to the band, and they learned it quickly and it sounded amazing. They also had a couple Grateful Dead songs- my dad and his friends couldn't have been happier! Keith is a great band leader and Emcee. He kept the party moving and made sure that the toasts, etc. went as planned. The musicians are excellent and the singers were phenomenal! Laraine is an absolute joy to work with and is very responsive via email and phone. She worked with us every step of the way, helping us craft our perfect setlist. She is so much fun and so knowledgable about weddings, particularly the New Jersey wedding scene. She was so helpful with etiquette and planning the night, like entrances and special dances and traditions. I can't recommend them enough! I hope I see them at my friends' weddings in the future!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 11/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

FAO absolutely made our wedding reception!! So many guests were commenting that they were the best band they ever heard live, including my uncle, who plays in a band himself. They played music that was great for all guests, from mid 20s to grandparents to dance the entire night and they were also very accommodating with different requests throughout the night. They handled everything so smoothly and kept the night going on schedule. I cannot say enough good things about them and would recommend them to anyone!!

Profile Picture Lucy, 11/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

This band was out of this world!!!! Laraine was so accommodating to work with, and made all my requests happen!! They even learned the song I wanted played to walk down the aisle to. They were able to work with my budget and had a huge variety of music. The party never stopped dancing! I have had compliments on this band weeks after the wedding was over about how awesome they were and how much fun was had! No one stopped dancing the whole night. Literally, best money spent in the wedding planning process!!!!

Profile Picture megan, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Amazing!! We received multiple compliments from guests about how fun our band was! They were upbeat, interactive and a ton of fun! Laraine was great to work with. From our first phone call to meeting in person to discuss different music options a month before the wedding, the entire experience was awesome. The band was even able to learn a few songs for us! What they couldn't learn, they made sure that it was played while the band was on a break. Absolutely recommend for your wedding if you like to dance! Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Bridget, 9/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Vocals, Willing to Travel

If you are looking for a band that will deliver the highest quality instrumentation, instrumental performance, and vocals that will send a chill down your spine then this is the band for you.This is not a gimmicky" wedding band" that substitutes flash for quality music. FAO played at my daughter's wedding on September 24th at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. I can't get their music out of my head. It was perfection. Keith is a musical genius and each song was executed with complete finesse. FAO is a group of highly talented and skilled musicians that do what they love and produce music that more often than not sounds even better than the originals. We had several special requests, not on their repertoire that they delivered brilliantly. My daughter was so excited to learn how many of the most recent hits were added to their song list just over the summer , such as Major Lazor ,and many more. Laraine, their manager is fantastic to work with and will collaborate with you to tailor the play list according to your tastes. Keith is a jazz pianist and played a Steinway babygrand with the rest of his quintet during the cocktail hour. Our guests were blown away by the performance. During the reception ,the dance floor was packed and no one wanted the dancing to end.

Profile Picture Nina, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

You won't regret it!!! Best band my guests have ever heard. Laraine was a doll to work with - it felt like we were best friends for years. She worked with us to curate a wedding play list that we LOVED, and also learned TWO songs for our wedding (first dance and father/bride dance). The band was outstanding! We wanted really amazing music for our wedding.. not a stereotypical cheesy wedding band and FAO delivered. We highly recommend booking them for your next event. - Kristina and Ron

Profile Picture kristina, 8/27/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

This band was truly amazing. They had the whole room up dancing. Their versatility and depth of talent is astonishing. Laraine was so easy to work with, I never worried about a thing. They tailored the music to what we requested, and were professional at every step along the way. I could not be more happy with Franklin and Alison. My guests are still exclaiming how great they were.... They were fantastic!!

Profile Picture User6952783, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

I can't even begin to tell you how many wedding guests came up to me to tell me that FAO was the best band they had ever heard at a wedding. They did such an amazing job from start to finish including finding some strings for the ceremony. I was honestly a little nervous because I had only been to a couple of other weddings with bands and I wasn't sure what to expect but they did such an awesome job that I'm so happy we decided to go with them. the dance floor was packed the entire night with ALL of our guests...both young and old! And Larraine was very helpful with the whole planning process couldn't have asked for a better group of people on my wedding day.

Profile Picture Hilary, 4/8/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

Our wedding absolutely blew our highest expectations completely out of the water!!! Everything was so above and beyond our wildest dreams - it was the very best day of our lives. And, there is not one question that the Franklin Alison Orchestra totally made it that way!!! They were so unbelievable. Everyone one of our guests said the same thing - they kept telling us how amazing the band was - the best they've ever heard at a wedding!! To this day we are still hearing rave reviews of them. They had everyone on the dance floor all night and that's exactly what we wanted...by the last song not one person was sitting down! They even learned a special new song for us, which totally made our night.
We can't say enough good things. If we could rate Franklin Alison 10 out of 5 stars we would. If you're thinking about booking this band - DO IT! From the bottom of our hearts, we thank them for all they did to make our wedding the most epic night of our lives.

Profile Picture User5527286, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, Vocals, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We loved the Franklin and Alison Orchestra for our wedding two and a half weeks ago. All of our guests were blown away when they walked in to the reception and saw a 9-piece band on stage ready to go. They made the night so much fun. The owner was wonderful and enthusiastic from the beginning and gave us a great deal. We ended up going for an additional half hour, which was a great idea, and they still had to tell us when they night was over because our guests were having so much fun dancing to their music. We were extremely pleased with their performance and would love to work with them again.

Profile Picture Renee, 11/21/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Instrumentals, Reception, Willing to Travel

FANTASTIC!

Reviewed On 12/08/2015
Franklin and Allison did a fantastic job at our daughter's wedding in November! The music during the cocktail hour was great and provided a wonderful background while we greeted our guests. It was Laraine's idea to get the dancing started right away at the reception and she was right! Many guests remarked that they loved getting to dance even before the salads were served. Laraine expertly coordinated the reception timeline with the banquet manager for serving the dinner, cutting the cake, etc. Everything ran like clockwork. Prior to the wedding we requested 3 songs that were not on the band's song list. They learned all 3 and the performances were spot-on! Our family and our guests have all attended many weddings and other events, yet everyone unanimously agrees that our daughter's wedding was the best party they ever attended. We literally danced all night!

Profile Picture Ann, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Vocals, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Franklin and Alison orchestra did a fantastic job at our wedding on November 8, 2015. They were great at responding to emails and staying in contact. The music went above and beyond our expectations. All of our guests have had nothing but positive things to say. Everyone was dancing and having a great time the entire reception. The band learned a few songs for us and did a wonderful job. Thanks again :)

Profile Picture Allison, 11/8/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Franklin and Alison Orechestea did an amazing job performing at our wedding. They covered a number of different genres and musical eras. Our guests were on the dance floor the entire night!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

We used Franklin & Alison Orchestra for our wedding in September at Jasna Polana in Princeton and they were absolutely phenomenal. They did a great job reading the room and getting people up and dancing during the dance segments, while keeping the music quiet enough to be able to have a nice conversation during dinner.

Laraine was incredibly responsive during the planning process and a real pleasure to work with. Not only did she help set up the band, she made herself available to answer any random wedding questions we had. For instance, when we were having trouble finding a wedding planner, she sent me several referrals and went out of her way to make sure we were happy.

Can't recommend them enough!

Profile Picture User5525703, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Franklin Alison Band was wonderful to deal with. They were very accommodating to all of our needs and especially for our music selection at our country farm wedding in June. The dance music was top notch, from 70's music, top 40 and jazz, it was all outstanding! Our guests are still raving about the band and it's members!
Thank you for a memorable wedding day!

Profile Picture User5256132, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

We absolutely loved working with Laraine and the band. Our guests had the BEST time and kept commenting on how fun the band was! The night went way too quickly, we could have kept dancing for hours and hours! They were professional and so flexible, and truly helped make our wedding the most special night of our lives!

Profile Picture Alli, 5/24/15, 2 Reviews