Fr. Jonathan Gray Reviews

17 Reviews for Fr. Jonathan Gray

• Marlene

Marlene Pabon · Married on 10/03/2020

Fr Jonathan gray

He is worth hiring. He made it a blessed day for us and that was what we wanted, He makes you feel very comfortable, so the ceremony goes smoothly. I feel like I have a new friend.

Sent on 10/04/2020

Sarah Beahan · Married on 09/20/2020

Just the perfect option for an officiant!

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Father Jonathan Gray for our wedding recently. Father Jonathan met with us a total of 4 times (3 in person and 1 via phone) to get to know us as a couple and also to plan our ceremony to know it was exactly what we wanted. He is so responsive and approachable and really took all of our details to heart to ensure everything was perfect. We were able to incorporate our family with readings and the ceremony was just beautiful and so personal.

Sent on 09/26/2020
  • Christopher

Christopher Mckinney · Married on 08/04/2020

The McKinney's

Fr. John was absolutely wonderful in accommodating us in anything we need and really going out of his way to make our wedding as beautiful as possible he actually got found our location in a beautiful church in Amsterdam. He believed our story of love and went above and beyond to deliver I would highly recommend Father John.

Sent on 09/10/2020

Joy Boisvert · Married on 07/04/2020

I highly recommend fr Jonathan

Fun loving and very accommodating.

Sent on 07/25/2020
  • Cathy

Cathy Jones · Married on 11/29/2019

Great Pastor

Father Gray was a warm and friendly gentleman
    He took the time to get to know my fiance and I. He listens and is well versed in giving you spiritual and life guidance. He was open minded to the smallest details to incorporate into our ceremony. After the ceremony, he spoke with our friends and families.
    If you want to be married and have a beautiful ceremony, then Father Gray is the officiant for you!!! Great person!

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Abby

Abby Hutton · Married on 10/13/2019

Fr. Jonathan is the Best!!!

Fr. Jonathan did a beautiful job as our officiant. We received so many compliments from our guests on his candor, wit, and positivity throughout the ceremony. In the months leading up to the ceremony, we met with him three times in person and once over the phone. We live out of state, so he was extremely flexible with our meeting times. He is so easy to speak with and made us feel comfortable and excited for the big day. From a logistics standpoint, Fr. Jonathan is so knowledgeable and experienced with how the ceremony and marriage license work. He answered all of our questions, and gave us his informed opinion about different ceremony rituals/how the ceremony can flow, while still giving us the authority to make the final decisions. Overall, it was a beautiful ceremony performed by one of the kindest people my husband and I have ever met. I can't recommend Fr. Jonathan enough!!

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Amelia

Amelia Bosley · Married on 09/14/2019

Could not have asked for better!

Father Johnathon is a gem. He not only did a great job in delivering our ceremony speech and handling all paperwork, but is an incredibly passionate man with a lot of heart who made us feel very at ease. He was very prompt with all communication and was very flexible in meeting with us, which we really appreciated because we live far away. Father Johnathon was more than willing to travel to our venue which was over an hour from his home.

I would recommend him without hesitation for anyone wanting to have a Christian centered ceremony. Our photographer and DJ both commented after the ceremony how great of a job he did. Thank you Father Johnathon. You will always have a special place in our hearts for being at the heart of our special day. God Bless!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Nicole Savage · Married on 08/25/2019

My daughter's baptism

Father Gray was amazing. His sermon was spectacular. He came right to our house and did it in our backyard. We informed him of what our wishes were and he exceeded our expectations! I would recommend him for anything!! Marriages, baptisms, vow renewals etc. He will not disappoint you!

Sent on 08/25/2019
  • Steve

Steve Strunk · Married on 08/18/2019

Outstanding!

Father Jonathan Gray accepted a challenging request to become an officiant of our wedding, We live in Denver, Colorado and we were getting married in Saratoga Springs, New York. We had to do all of our communication on a long distance basis.

We were seeking an outstanding religious leader to perform the sacred sacraments of our marriage and Father Jonathan EXCEEDED our hopes and dreams.

Father Jonathan was compassionate, loving and understanding. Although our first opportunity to meet him face-to-face was just prior to the ceremony, we felt like he had always been a friend, family member and our touchstone to God. In addition, he has a great sense of humor and a love of all human beings that radiates from his soul.

Frankly, we hope to remain in touch with Father Jonathan forever. He has launched what will be a wonderful marriage blessed by God.

There is no better person that could join your souls together.

By the way, he is humble. He was promoted to Bishop in September of 2018! Congratulations our new blessed friend!

Love,
    Patricia & Steve

Sent on 08/31/2019

Emily · Married on 06/22/2019

The man for the job 10/10

When looking for a priest we had a specific criteria. We wanted someone who could offer us a Catholic ceremony while also outside. It was important that we felt accepted and not judged on our special day. Father (Bishop) Gray was all of this and more. The first time we met him, we instantly felt he was the priest we wanted to marry us. He was down to earth, very open minded, nice, and even funny. In fact, he made a couple well timed jokes that had our guests cracking up. We even had multiple guests come up after the ceremony asking for information on our priest. And one guest is even considering him for the baptism of their unborn child. If you're looking for a very friendly, well spoken, thoughtful priest, then Fr Gray is the man you're searching for. If we had any true "complaints" it would be that he couldn't stay for the reception and party it up with us. (Probably because he's busy from being in such high demand) We couldn't be more pleased with how our day went, and a huge part of that is thanks to this man. Looking forward to staying in touch over the years, as our family continues to grow.
    -Frankie and Emily

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Vanessa

vanessa · Married on 05/18/2019

Father Johnathan is awesome!

There is so many good things to say about father Johnathan! First of he is truly patient with you.. he was very kind to me and my husband when we were worried, nervous, stressed during our whole wedding planning. We both didn’t know much but father Johnathan helped us planned our ceremony and offered our marriage to be at the first Lutheran Church in western Ave , Albany NY. I am Roman catholic and my husband was divorced and by the church rules we couldn’t get married at my normal church. Father Johnathan went out of his way to get us a church that would accept my husband so we can both have gods blessing. Our wedding was still done how we wanted , it was a catholic ceremony and my family was very happy.
    Father Johnathan held our hand from day 1 to the very end. Our wedding was awesome and father Johnathan looked great! I highly recommend father Johnathan and with out him i don’t think our wedding would’ve felt that magical and spiritual ! Thanks to god we found him. He gets 10 stars from me! Thanks father Johnathan!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Katie · Married on 02/23/2019

Excellent officiant and as down to earth as they come

Father Jonathan gray is a great man. He truly cares and is a selfless man. He may be the only person in the business that’s not in it just for money. He will get to know you and your spouse by meeting 3 times in our case and talking over coffee. He is very non judgemental. We got to know and love him and will be in touch in years to come I hope. He doesn’t have a price he can not be bought. He had 10 hrs invested in me and my wife because he wants to make sure your marriage is going to work. Ceremony was very emotional and had a few mix ups not on his part and he turned them into laughter. Honestly I paid him 300 dollars but he was worth much more. Some justice of the peace will show up for an hour and charge the same. Lovely man

Sent on 02/28/2019

Gabrielle · Married on 12/01/2018

Wonderful!

We cannot thank Father Jonathan enough for officiating the most special day of our lives! He made the process leading up to our wedding such a wonderful and positive experience. He took the time to get to know us as a couple and conducted the most beautiful ceremony, which we are still receiving many compliments on! We are very fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with Father John and we look forward to keeping in touch with him as a married couple!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Kathleen · Married on 09/08/2018

Father Jonathan is an amazing man! From the first communication, we could tell that his grace and passion for people was exactly the energy that we wanted at our wedding ceremony. He took the time to get to know us and to forge a relationship with us as a couple. He brought the grace and love of God to our day. His humor and wit make him unforgettable. So excited to have met him and to be able to continue to learn from his knowledge and humility.

Could not recommend a better man of God to officiate a ceremony.

Sent on 09/16/2018

Sara · Married on 05/18/2018

We got married on 5/18/2018 and have nothing but great things to say about Father John. He was very informative about the Catholic Church and from the very first meeting made you feel really comfortable. He made our ceremony feel special and was an overall great experience!!!

Sent on 05/26/2018

Emily · Married on 01/13/2018

Father Gray married my husband Kyle and I in January. We cannot say enough wonderful things about him. He took the time to learn about us as a couple, and genuinely cared about how our ceremony was going to go. He’s very organized and had many options to choose from so that we could create our own wedding ceremony that fit our personalities, and even incoporate special readings that meant a lot to us. Our families and guests told us that it was the most heartfelt ceremony they had ever been to! Father Gray has many years of experience and advice that made our day so special. He did a wonderful job and everything went perfectly. We highly recommend choosing Father Gray as your wedding officiant!!!

Sent on 02/10/2018

enes · Married on 04/28/2017

he was wonderful - did and amazing job - blessed my marriage and our rings I would recommend for anyone. And what was most important was his value to the church - money was not a must for him to wed us . unlike a lot of these others fathers on here. ( its good to note however that we did submit a donation because you should always do that even if they do not ask). hes a wonderful man

Sent on 05/02/2017