Fox Hollow Catering, Hotel & Restaurant Reviews

294 | Woodbury, NY

294 Reviews for Fox Hollow Catering, Hotel & Restaurant

Susan · Married on 10/06/2016

The food was amazing!!! Everyone loved it. They have so much to choose from. There was food to spare!!! Definitely worth every penny. I will be going to their restaurant very often! :)

Sent on 09/16/2011

Christina · Married on 09/16/2016

My husband and I had our wedding in the Winter Garden Pavillion room this past September 2016. Our wedding was everything we dreamed of and more thanks to the wonderful, thoughtful staff at Fox Hollow. We booked our wedding with Taylor who spent hours explaining every single detail with us. Jessica was amazing as I sent her countless emails and she always answered promptly and was open to all of my suggestions.
    Our maitre de Joshua was hands down amazing! He had our drinks ready for us every time our drink got empty. He made sure we had time to eat, checked in with us constantly throughout the night. Many of our guests raved about him.
    The food was absolutely amazing and being that my husband and I come from Italian backgrounds with family and friends who love to eat. This was so important to us. People raved about our food and said they were very satisfied with the service of the waiters and all staff.
    Fox hollow was open to our fall decor ideas. I gave them very detailed instructions on how I wanted our room to be set up and they truly exceeded our expectations.
    Thank you for making our wedding a night we will never forget!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Christina · Married on 08/20/2016

The Best Day Ever ! This venue is absolutely gorgeous! The staff is excellent! Our Guests raved about the food , they did an all out job on our cocktail hour .Our wedding here was perfect!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Sara · Married on 08/14/2016

The Fox Hollow met all my expectations on my wedding day. Everything was great. My wedding day was disgustingly hot and humid, so we decided to have the ceremony inside in the winter garden pavilion and it was beautiful! We didn't miss the outside ceremony one bit! They set up every detail and decoration beautifully. All of my guests loved the food, the gardens, and the ambiance. The cocktail hour, which was done in the Volpe restaurant, was amazing. They threw in a complimentary ice sculpture! My Bridal Attendant Dayana was awesome! She was with me every step of the way and made sure everything was taken care of. The service was incredible! After the wedding, the Inn at the Fox Hollow was equally as great. The bar stayed open until 1 and the room was luxurious. We came back to a rose on our pillows, a bottle of champagne chilling in the refrigerator, and a box of chocolates. The Fox Hollow made our wedding an experience to remember.

The only recommendation I have is that they should tell their brides ahead of time that it is recommended to reserve a room for the night before your wedding too, eventhough they give you a comped room for the night of your wedding. It was impossible to get a room after the fact and early check-in was not guaranteed.

Sent on 08/17/2016

Ashley · Married on 07/23/2016

While doing the search for a wedding venue, my husband and I were looking for a place where our guests would have the best time celebrating our union and that allowed them to stay overnight, if they chose to do so. Fox Hollow stood out from other options because it offered so many more amenities, for less than what the competition asked for. They had innovative cocktail hour hors d’oeuvres and dinner choices that accommodated many dietary restrictions. The venue is clearly very well-run, as the event ran so smoothly, despite the many things that could go wrong at a wedding reception. Fox Hollow was fully staffed, the food was delicious and plentiful, the beverages were flowing, and the space was comfortable and aesthetically pleasing, both inside and outside on a hot July day. Our maître d', James Catania, did a fantastic job rolling with lots of personal touches that were important to us to put on the reception, including a pipe band, family toasts, guest performances, and unconventional painted rock centerpieces. He was professional, courteous, and extremely helpful. The rooms at the inn were luxuriously comfortable, and we had a rather satisfying continental breakfast the morning after. We’re so glad we celebrated our wedding reception at Fox Hollow and highly recommend it to anyone looking for high quality services at a very good value.

Sent on 08/02/2017

My husband and I had a wonderful experience working with the Fox Hollow for our wedding a few weeks ago. Everything went seamlessly and our guests are still twlling us it was one of the greatest weddings they've been to in a while. They went above and beyond and made sure our day was perfect. Our maitre'd, Josh, and bridal attendant, Claudia, were awesome and so kind to us. The only difficulty we experienced was with the hotel next door, The Inn at Fox Hollow. They were an absolute disaster to work with throughout the entire planning process, including the night of our wedding. Zero communication with the Fox or between their own staff at the hotel. It is a shame since Fox Hollow was so wonderful and it's the same owners. If you are choosing Fox Hollow for your event, I would highly suggest choosing a different hotel nearby for your room block.

Sent on 07/20/2016

Christina · Married on 06/05/2016

My husband and I met with Taylor, who was friendly and easy to work with, to tour the venue. After my husband and I decided on the Fox Hollow (we reserved the Garden Terrace room), we researched on multiple websites to find the top reviewed maître d’ and bridal attendant. Jessica, the wedding coordinator, was also very friendly and easy to work with. We went over the menu selection and other details with her and supplied our requests for our maître d’ and bridal attendant for our wedding.

The Fox Hollow was organized (they were prompt in their responses and provided us with lists and forms), which is essential for a very detail-oriented and organized person like myself. Luckily, we were assigned one of my preferred maître d’s, Josh, and he was also able to request my preferred bridal attendant, Noelia. Josh was easy to work with and very competent. I had taken care of every step and detail of my wedding so it was comforting to know that Josh would be able to take care of the reception without me having to delegate tasks (like coordinating with the vendors). He made us feel very comfortable and was reassuring (a must of an anxious bride!). Noelia was also very easy to work with. She was extremely professional and always knew when I needed her help.

The weather forecast called for severe thunderstorms but luckily with the coordination between the Fox Hollow and the vendors, we were able to get our outdoor photos in the garden terrace done before it poured! All the guests said that they were impressed with the cocktail hour, the quality of the food, and the overall reception! We would highly recommend the Fox Hollow as well as Josh and Noelia. They were both very professional and highly competent.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Jean Wittig · Married on 05/14/2016

Wonderful Experience!

Love Fox Hollow! Had my wedding here and it was a wonderful experience. The food was delicious, the atmosphere beautiful and the staff were excellent especially my Maitre'd Samir. My family is of German descent and they loved the Oktoberfest station at cocktail hour. Would definitely hold more events at Fox Hollow and highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Jennifer · Married on 04/24/2016

Our wedding was perfect. No details were left undone.
    The food was incredible.
    The service was impeccable.
    We'd go back for any occasion.

Sent on 05/28/2016

Rebecca · Married on 04/23/2016

After meeting with several venues’ we decided that the Fox Hollow was the perfect choice for our wedding. The room we selected was the Winter Garden Pavilion and it was one of the most spectacular rooms we’ve seen. It is very unique and different from your ‘cookie cutter’ Long Island wedding venue. The vaulted glass window ceiling provided dramatic lighting for our day wedding. The fireplace was lit, and the room simply looked spectacular.
    The food was absolutely out of this world. All of our guests were enamored by the food and of course the service. During the cock-tail hour, we decided to sit in the bridal suite so we could have some personal alone time. Our bridal attendant brought us up several plates of the food that we had selected from the menu, and we were blown away by how delicious the food was. We chose a primarily Italian menu with other items mixed in, and nothing was disappointing.
    The grounds were absolutely spectacular and neither one of us has ever seen so many tulips in our life! We were able to take pictures at various spots around the building, each providing an amazing back-drop for our pictures and video. Everything was so perfectly manicured, we were so happy! The ceremony was held in the same room as the reception (the Winter Garden Pavilion) and the lighting and the way the room was setup for the ceremony was absolutely perfect.
    Throughout the affair, the staff was incredibly helpful and would tend to our every need. Our Maitre’D, Donna was always checking in with us, and made sure everything was going exactly as planned. She ensured everybody in the bridal party knew their places during the ceremony and reception, and was incredibly hospitable to everyone attending. She made sure our drinks were always full and that we always had food on our table. She was incredibly gregarious and genuinely happy for us, and happy to assist us and any of our guests with any request that was made.

Sent on 05/16/2016

christine · Married on 02/28/2016

The fox hollow is beautiful and everyone that works there was so helpful making our day special and just as we envisioned. The service was excellent and food was amazing. Our guests had a great time and loved the place!

Sent on 03/04/2016
  • User5121924 · 2+ years ago

Dave is extremely helpful, professional and welcoming. My event is not until January 2016, but my fiancé and I have had a wonderful experience so far. They answered all of our questions, and gave us an amazing packaged deal for an unbeatable value. The convenience of the hotel next door (which is gorgeous), our beautiful room, and all of the ads-ons, you just can't go wrong! We knew we wanted a beautiful and elegant wedding, but we didn't want it to cost an arm and a leg. Fox Hollow is stunning, especially for winter weddings, as there are fireplaces everywhere! So warm and inviting, yet sophisticated and elegant!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Amanda · Married on 01/10/2016

After dreaming of my wedding day for a whole year, it was everything I hoped it would be and more! I got married on a January Sunday evening in the Winter Garden. As soon as we saw the Winter Garden, with its stone walls, fire place and glass ceilings, we knew nothing else would compare. Taylor worked with us to create the perfect menu. Even though he met us just once over a year ago, he still remembers us and always stops to greet us. Jessica was great at answering questions along the way. My maitre Donna and bridal Attendant Victoria were awesome. They were on top of everything, never overbearing, and were there the second I needed them. All my decorations were set up beautifully. The guests raved about the food. We had 10+ items for cocktail hour, a combo course, intermezzo, and guests had 8 choices for dinner. There was also dessert, wedding cake, and an exit station of cookies, pretzels, hot cider, and hot coco. Because we were a Sunday wedding, we were able to have cocktail hour in Volpe Restaurant, which was beautiful. So happy with my wedding day and my experience at Fox Hollow!!!

Sent on 01/30/2016

Jaclyn · Married on 01/02/2016

Couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue, from the very start to the very end. Everyone we worked with was kind, professional, and attentive. The wedding day itself was seamless, delicious, and overall amazing. I can't speak highly enough of The Fox Hollow!

Sent on 08/05/2016

Michael · Married on 11/05/2015

Fox Hollow has been nothing but wonderful to us, we loved the place from the moment we walked in. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and worked with our budget so that we could make sure our special day could take place at their place.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Adina · Married on 09/26/2015

I cannot say enough great things about the Fox Hollow. We had an outdoor, inter-faith ceremony as well as our reception there, in the Winter Garden Pavilion. From start to finish, the planning process was a breeze, and the wedding went off flawlessly.

Everything was beautiful, the food was delicious, and our Matre'D and Bridal Attendant were tuned in to our every need.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Wedding of our dreams

We had our wedding at Fox Hollow on March 15th - we had the Winter Garden room with about 120 guests. I have been eager to write this review because I am truly blown away by the incredible service we received that night! Literally every single detail we discussed and planned for came to life. Our Maitre d’ Matt was excellent and attentive, he did an amazing job at organizing the entire event that night and was sure that every detail we discussed was fulfilled. We literally didn’t have to think about anything and truly enjoyed ever bit of the night. Ana was my bridal attendant, who I also cannot say enough about. She was excellent and helped with anything I needed that evening. Overall, the venue beyond exceeded our expectations - from the gorgeous grounds, the gorgeous room, the amazing staff, the delicious food, and the convenience of the hotel next door, which I must say was beautiful as well. It was all a dream come true for us. Thank you Fox Hollow for being a part of one of the best nights of our lives thus far.

Sent on 03/25/2019

Ryann · Married on 09/18/2015

When they say you'll fall in love with the fox, they aren't kidding, if you use the Fox Hollow as your venue you will certainly love it all!!! From our first meeting with Dave G, to meeting with Jessica L for our finals to the big day with Josh & Noellia every single person we were in touch with made it all effortless. The venue is absolutely beautiful, the food is amazing and the service is top notch. Jessica answered every single question I had throughout the whole process and did not once seem annoyed by me, even at times when I felt I was being annoying with silly questions. She had an answer for me at every turn. The day of we had Josh as our Maitre'D and Noellia as my bridal attendant and both of them were aweseome. Both Josh and Noellia fulfilled everyone of our needs and anticipated what we needed before we even knew it. They were always 10 steps ahead ensuring the day went without a hitch, and they made for the most perfect day and the best night ever. I cannot stop raving about how amazing they were not only to me and my husband but helping with our parents and bridal party as well. If we had to do it all again, I would most definitely request to have Josh & Noellia by our side again. I cannot stress enough how amazing they and the entire staff at the Fox Hollow were. Our wedding was really a dream come true.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Cindy · Married on 08/29/2015

The Fox Hollow made my vision come true. The assistance they provide is amazing. They day ran smoothly because the staff knew what they were doing. Maitre'd Donna is the one to request and Claudia was also assisting. The food was DELICIOUS, although I didn't eat everything but my shrimp was YUMMY. The guest told my husband and I the food was great.

The bridal party and family from out of town stayed at the hotel. It made things easier to prep for the big day. My hair stylist and make up stylist was on time and was greeted with kindness. Everything was amazing! !!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Michelle · Married on 08/16/2015

The moment I walked into the Winter Garden Pavilion at Fox Hollow and began crying, I knew it was the place for me. From the beginning, everyone we worked with to plan our wedding was so professional and attentive. When it came time for the wedding day, I couldn't have even expected how smoothly the evening would run thanks to the amazing staff. Our maitre d', Josh was there everywhere we turned making sure we were taken care of. And Claudia was the most patient, calming, and attentive Bridal Attendant. Myself, my fiance, and our families truly felt at ease and were able to dance the night away. The staff even made sure we got to eat plenty of both the cocktail hour and reception food!

On a logistics note, my mother was able to bring all our reception items (champagne flutes, favors, cake cutting set, etc) a few days before at our final appointment, and we got everything back, all packaged up safely, immediately after the reception was over.

Our guests were happy, we were happy...great night all around!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Kristi · Married on 08/09/2015

The Fox Hollow made our wedding day magical! We had our ceremony and reception there and it was beyond perfect! The staff is friendly and professional! They took care of every detail and made the day go off without a hitch! The food was amazing and the decor was beautiful! We had our reception in the Somerly room, I'd recommend that room to everyone! Our guest are still raving about our wedding!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Joanna · Married on 07/19/2015

I cannot thank Fox Hollow enough for a near flawless wedding. Everything ran smoothly, they were watching the clock and communicating with us so we could do everything we wanted. Our bridal attendant, Victoria, was very helpful in bringing us anything we needed, from making sure we got to eat every course, to helping me bustle my dress and change my shoes! The maître d' Donna made sure that everything was perfect, including setting up our DIY centerpieces that had 9 candles each to be lit. Communication leading up to the event was great, from Bruce who booked us, to Jessica who helped finalize things and all the operations team.

The venue is beautiful, and we had a lot of places to take photos.

They included a hospitality half hour, giving our guests an indoor space to enjoy cocktails and hors d'oeuvres before being led over to the ceremony area right before we started so there was no awkward wait time in the July heat.

We had our ceremony outdoors in the garden and Fox Hollow decorated it beautifully. Even though it is right off of Jericho Turnpike, you could not hear passing cars because of the waterfall and fountains. They also provided a microphone and speaker so everyone could hear the ceremony.

Cocktail hour was both indoors and outdoors, so our guests could move around and be comfortable. Everyone loved the food. We were able to relax in the bridal suite for a few minutes and eat in private before joining our guests to mingle.

At the end of the night, the bridal attendant and maître d' packed up our stuff from the bridal suite, cake, gifts, etc. and carted it back to our hotel room!

The only thing that was disappointing was that we provided bubbles so guests could blow bubbles at us while we walked out of the ceremony, but they were nowhere to be found. In the moment we didn't even think about it, and didn't realize until much later in the evening. So I have no idea where the bubbles I gave them went.

Sent on 07/30/2015

Stephanie · Married on 07/12/2015

I had my wedding here this past week and the experience was completely amazing. From Day #1, the Fox Hollow provides exemplary service. They always followed up, made sure we were completely happy with all of our selections, and were extremely attentive. On the day of, same exact deal. They treated my husband, the bridal party, and myself like celebrities, making sure to take care of everything we needed. The venue, food, and service is amazing! My guest could not stop talking about how great our wedding was, and much of that success is certainly due to the Fox Hollow :) Thank you!

Sent on 07/21/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/12/2015

My husband and I had our wedding in the Somerley room on 7/12/15. All I can say is that everything was absolutely perfect! The food was delicious, the room was GORGEOUS, and we could not have asked for more help to make sure things ran smoothly on the day of the wedding. The bridal attendant and Maitre D were incredible. We literally did not need to worry about anything, from ceremony to dessert. They even made sure to organize everything perfectly for us when we left and hand delivered it to our hotel room. I have nothing bad to say about our experience. Thank you, Fox Hollow, for an amazing night!!

Sent on 07/25/2015

We are so happy we had our wedding at Fox Hollow! They were amazing! Samir was the BEST!!! We were so comfortable with him and he made sure we were taken care of and having the best time! We planned our wedding with Dave and he was awesome too! The whole experience was perfect! The whole day was so smooth and I would recommend having your wedding in the Somerly. Gorgeous room. The Fox Hollow is a very classy place and our guests can't stop talking about the service and how accommodating they were to EVERYONE!

Thank you for an amazing wedding! It was everything we wanted!

Alyssa and Steve Malczynski