Fotos by Fola Reviews

147 | Atlanta, GA

147 Reviews for Fotos by Fola

Nkoyo · Married on 10/07/2016

Fola has an incredible eye! He shot both our engagement and wedding photos. They were amazing. We have gotten a lot of compliments. Fola captures moments in a manner that is unparalleled. His images are crisp, vibrant and truly memorable. They tell a story. Working with Fola is great as well. He is relatable, passionate about his craft and very responsive. I was blown away when he took the time to call me before my wedding to send encouragement and go over a few of the soft details. I was also impressed with his work ethic. I had two weddings in the same day (American and traditional Nigerian) - meaning it was very long day. Fola captured both ceremonies with the same level of energy and attention to detail. It was truly a pleasure working with him. My husband and I are very pleased with the final product. We wholeheartedly recommend him to others.

Sent on 01/02/2017

Chisom · Married on 07/23/2016

Where do I start with Fola? I was in a wedding in April 2015. When I saw the finished product from that day, I just knew that Fola was the only one I would let capture my wedding day. So, when my husband proposed to me, Fola was one of the first people I called (after my family, of course!). The amount of professionalism that he demonstrated that day reassured me that we could continue. He photographed our Igbo traditional wedding on a Saturday. Yet again, I was impressed by his professionalism. He was punctual, personable, took advantage of every opportunity, and personally took time to help me calm down when I was letting the minutiae of the day let me forget what was actually important. Fola then joined my husband and I two days later for a 12-hr roadtrip across Georgia and into South Carolina to shoot our engagement photos. When those pictures were finished weeks later, I was happier than I'm able to convey with words. The sheer quality of his work is unmatched- and what's important is that the quality didn't wane as the day progressed. Our evening shots in SC were just as magical and breathtaking as the morning shots in GA.

Fast forward 3 months later to our formal American wedding in Nashville. If there is one day when I can truly say that Fola was God-sent, it was this day. Anyone who has ever planned a wedding knows that so many unexpected things are bound to happen on this day. Fola remained trustworthy, so dependable, so capable, and so consistent. He outshined all of our vendors by far, and his dedication to making sure that he produced quality work for my husband and I was so apparent.

Each couple develops their own plan for what they can budget for each vendor, I understand. Remember though that all that's left at the end are the memories. By far, the most important choice we made was selecting the person we would trust to capture those moments. His photos and our memories are all we have now, and for that we're so content and forever grateful.

Sent on 12/31/2016
  • O

Oge · Married on 05/28/2016

Fola actually shot my cousin's wedding a couple years ago, and since then, I knew he would be my wedding photographer! For our engagement shoot, he went above and beyond to secure the perfect location for us to bring our vision to life. That said a lot about his character and the type of professional he is. Everything about his work screams quality. His responsiveness is top notch. I don't think I ever waiting more than 24 hours before receiving a response from him. He usually responded to emails within a few hours, which is something any bride to be would appreciate. He was very professional at all times and he was simply a joy to work with. When we got a little off schedule on our wedding day, he was very flexible and patient and made sure we were still able to get beautiful shots. When we received our wedding photos, we were blown away by the different angles he was able to get. Our pictures truly tell the story of our wedding day. If you are looking for a gifted wedding photographer to capture your big day, look no further! You will not be disappointed! Thank you once again Fola!!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Dionne · Married on 05/14/2016

Fotos by Fola (Steve) is a miracle. He is kind, patient, creative, diligent, and brilliant. Our wedding and engagement photos were hailed by everyone as fantastic and I was blown away looking through the images by how he managed to capture moments perfectly. From the time we sat down months in advance of my wedding, he wanted to understand our vision for the day. He spoke to us at length over the course of wedding preparation about shot selection, locations, and timing. He understood the venues better than I did. He met with the wedding planner to make sure he understood what was important to us from a logistical perspective. He was, without a doubt, the best photographer I have ever worked with (and I have known a few). His use of light and color is inspired. He is the best vendor decision we made and I am grateful he was a part of our day. Thank you to Weddingwire for helping us to find this tremendously talented professional!! I would recommend Fotos by Fola to any bride and groom for their BIG DAY!!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Chiamaka · Married on 04/30/2016

Book him immediately! He's very busy for a very good reason. Steve has photographed my friends' weddings as well as my traditional Nigerian wedding and my church wedding. For my church wedding, we had to fly him to us, and I would do it all over again. The pictures were exceptional! They were so good, they were picked up by major wedding blogs and websites, including but definitely not limited to; Bella Naija, Washingtonian Magazine, Essence Magazine, Huffington Post, and many more. He's very professional, knowledgeable, kind, and a complete joy to work with. He is not a budget photographer, but his prices are more than fair and services worth every penny. Again, book him immediately. You won't regret it.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Jennifer · Married on 04/23/2016

Fola is amazing! Even before I got engaged I always knew I would use Fola as my photographer when it came time to get married! I followed his work for years and was never disappointed. He is a professional and talented photographer. But most importantly, he has the warmest spirit and made our wedding day a success! Thank you again Fola. We look forward to working with you again!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Fotos by Fola's reply:

Thank you so much Jennifer!! I enjoyed being a part of your special day. God bless your union!!

Breauna · Married on 04/08/2016

A year or so before my wedding, before I was even engaged, I was humoring myself by looking around for photographers. I searched and searched and came across Fola. I saw his pictures and were in awe of his creativity and all of the black love “magic” that showed across his website. I was in love but knew for sure that whatever price he was asking, I would not be able to afford. Fast forward a year after that, my then fiancé was also looking for photographers for our engagement and came across Fola. I remembered that I had seen him on my initial search and decided to reach out, knowing I probably wasn’t going to follow through. I got on the phone with him, and honestly something just clicked. I could feel his genuineness through the phone and we had talked as if we had known each other for years. No seriously, he has this ease about him that is warm and uncanny. He is truly one of a kind. I always felt a little off talking with vendors, but he was completely different. Such a breath of fresh air. He asked my price range and I told him. He sent me the packages and I was back and forth on whether I should take the plunge. I did and it was SOOOOO WORTH IT. His prices are NOTHING compared to the quality you receive with him and his work. For our engagement photos we traveled about 2 hours away to my grandfather’s house and he took shots in between rain showers. We also took photos at the Peachtree airport, with the sun BLAZING and he was absolutely fantastic. The day of the wedding was breathtaking and he literally took every single moment and captured it, in its essence, in photography. Everyone has marveled at the superiority of the photos. He worked with our budget, worked with our schedule, and stole our hearts. I already mentally have him booked for my maternity shoot and for our first family photo!!!!! . Your genuine and warm demeanor mixed with your professional elegance will forever be remembered for years to come. You are building a legacy my friend.

Sent on 01/05/2017

Abimbola · Married on 03/26/2016

He did my engagement shoot, traditional wedding and white wedding. He was so accommodating especially since he was dealing with a non-tradition american wedding. Cant wait till he does my maternity shoot when that time comes..

Sent on 05/31/2016

Adeola · Married on 03/04/2016

It was not very hard to chose a photographer for our wedding. I had previously seen Fola's work over the years and always was fascinated and impressed. When it was time to choose our photographer, my wedding planner also suggested Fola and raved about his attention to details and professionalism. Needless to say, he absolutely did not disappoint. I am so glad we chose him because he had the best ideas, was very nice and friendly, almost like we had known him forever. Everything just worked out seamlessly. He was very prompt with communication and ideas. Just a wonderful experience. I will urge any and everyone to use Fola for professional photography needs.

Sent on 05/03/2016

Folabi has an artistic eye and sees opportunities for great photos in the simplest environments. You can tell he pays attention to details. His pictures of our wedding turned out beautiful.

We had 2 ceremonies and Folabi was patient and worked through delays, missing bridal party members and even snow! He is prompt with photo delivery and I would definitely use his services again. 10 year wedding anniversary here we come!

Sent on 03/08/2016

Marguerite · Married on 01/15/2016

Fotos by Folo was the PERFECT photograper for our Courthouse wedding. He captured the raw emotions of love, connection and commitment between the two of us!!!
    We would not hesitate using Folo again !! We had requested a "Vintage" feel for our photos and that is EXACTLY what we received. Our finished pictures were sent to us in two weeks and they are perfect !

Sent on 02/08/2016

Bukky · Married on 10/10/2015

Fotos by Fola is beyond extraordinary. He was was involved with the entire wedding process, from the surprise proposal, the engagement sessions, traditional marriage, the church ceremony, and reception. He has a way of making you so comfortable that you forget he is there. That is the beauty of his pictures: They are so natural! He also had great suggestions! We told him about our love for the Falcons and what did he do? He helped us schedule an engagement shoot at the Atlanta dome! Our wedding and memories would have dulled in comparison with out his involvement. But the thing that I appreciated the most was his advise throughout the whole process. During a "bridezilla" melt down before the reception, he reminded me of what was important (or i should say who was important lol), which was my husband and our marriage. He truly has a gift that is one of a kind!
    Fotos by Fola, Thank you for making my wedding day and the pics more beautiful and momentous than i could ever imagine!

Sent on 02/11/2016

Fotos by Fola's reply:

Thank you!!!! This is why i do this. Thank you so much for trusting me to tell your story. My the lord bless your union!

Lakia · Married on 09/13/2015

I can not say enough about Fola!! I was able to secure him two weeks before our wedding! What a blessing! He has such a laid back demeanor that made it very comfortable to communicate and work with him. We had a small, intimate garden ceremony followed by Sunday brunch. Fola' shots captured our day in such an incredible way! It is so wonderful to be able to relive our day over and over again from his brilliant perspective! Fola was professional, arrived early, always accessible and our photographs were completed in the allotted time. Most importantly, our wedding photographs are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Hands down, there is no other photographer that I would recommend! I am secretly eager to coordinate another event, so Fola can capture it too! Thank you so very much Fola!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Fola by Foto did an amazing job! He captured great moments on my wedding day. I still go through them daily. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 02/04/2016

Latoya · Married on 08/01/2015

What more can I say about Steve? He was such a pleasure to work with. Steve took our engagements pics after a friend (make-up artist Crystal D) recommended him. From the moment I saw his pictures I know that I need not look any further. Our engagement pictures were stunning, we included our daughter and he made us feel so relaxed. Our wedding date was over a year and a half away and whenever I had a question Steve was always available until the very day.

On our wedding day, Steve came to my hotel and sent his assistant to my husbands hotel. They both caught great moments and my husband and I were able to sit back and talk about. We did first looks, the hotel would allow us to use their rooftop so we had to do it in front of my hotel and Steve made it look soooooo beautiful. I didn't even care that we didn't use the rooftop. The wedding pictures were crisp and sharp. His eye for detail is amazing. We received our wedding disc in the time he promised.
    Book him! you wont regret it!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Fotos by Fola's reply:

Thank you so much Latoya. It was an absolute pleasure working with you. You were such an amazing cool and calm bride from the very start. I wish you a happy married life!

Your wedding day is one of the most important day in your life. Everything has to be according to your preferences and specification. It was important to me that all the vendors that I use on the day of my wedding were people who are DOWN TO EARTH and are going to have my back on the day of my wedding because we all know we can plan and we can organize. I wanted a photographer that was truly going to listen to my ideas, but at the same time use their expertise to guide the photo shoots and pics. What I appreciated the most was the fact that he truly wanted to get to know my husband and I as a couple before the wedding day. He flew to Houston for our E-session just for us to get comfortable with a camera following us around. He was extremely flexible on the day of the wedding, and he was respectful of other vendors. I love love LOVE my final pictures! They are way better than I anticipated. I recommend Steve to anyone who wants quality service.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Fotos by Fola's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. Thank you so much for trusting Fotos by Fola. Congratulations once again!

If you are considering working with Fola, don't wait a second longer. I absolutely fell in love with Fola's photography when I saw his work featured on one of my favorite websites. (His work even inspired my wedding venue and I got married in the same location!) While Fola’s photography speaks for itself, actually working with him was such a pleasure. Fola’s willingness to accommodate our unique wedding made me absolutely comfortable entrusting him to capture our day. He was extremely reasonable, always responsive to my questions and requests, and amenable to the changes along the way. Our morning schedule was running a bit late and we were unable to get the pictures we had planned before the ceremony. That was not a problem for Fola. He used the time to get some other extremely creative shots, and still managed to get the photos I'd requested, plus so many more I was surprised to see when we got our photos back. My wedding was beautiful and I will always be able to cherish the memories of that day because of the beautiful photos he made for us. We can’t wait to work with him to capture our future family milestones.

Sent on 07/12/2015

Anita · event on: 04/18/2015

Afolabi (Fotos by Fola) was incredible! My fiancee and I were extremely nervous about doing an engagement photoshoot (to the point we almost didn't do one). My friend had recommended Fotos by Fola and I had seen her proposal pictures which were amazing. Afolabi was much more affordable (and had much better pictures) than other photographers I had contacted, so my fiancee and I were extremely thrilled that he agreed to take our engagement pictures. We had a great time and he put us at ease. He gave us some direction but then non-obtrusively took pictures which made the photo shoot much more organic. We got the pictures back much quicker than expected and they turned out fantastic! I wholeheartedly would recommend him!

Sent on 04/27/2015
  • Q

Q · Married on 04/18/2015

Absolutely love Fola! He captured our vision of our day to perfection. Our photos are beautiful and timeless. Fola was great to work with super responsive and flexible as we had to move our date on two occasions....3rd time was the charm and he had no problem. On a stressful day you want to have someone you trust to capture every moment- that's Fola.

Sent on 05/14/2015

We ran across Fola randomly while googling photographers, and we are grateful we did! He was very helpful and easy to work with, and his work was superb. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/06/2015

Alisha A. · Married on 03/24/2015

After researching numerous wedding photographers and feeling dismayed about price and quality, I happened upon Fotos by Fola. I instantly knew that Fola was the one. The webpage for the photographer was easy to navigate. It was simple and shows you exactly what you came there for (proof of the quality of service). The photos were of the best quality I had seen. I sent an inquiry and got a response from Fola within hours. In fact, anytime I had a question for Fola, the response, whether via email or phone, was always really fast. We wanted to take our pictures within a two week time frame and Fola made it possible. When we met Fola at our session, he was such a professional and a joy to work with. My fiance and I were in love and Fola was in love with us being in love. That love came across in his product. The sweet moments he captured through the lens were geniune and incredible. Unlike the photos I had seen on other wesbsites, nothing about our photo session with Fola was cookie cutter. Fola is an amazing photographer and really captures the moments that you want to remember for a lifetime. Even moments you didn't realize you had, Fola captures them. I'm teary eyed now, thinking about those moments that we are able to show with our family, thanks to Fotos by Fola. With Fotos by Fola we have truly found a life long photographer.

Sent on 04/06/2015
  • Chrystol

Chrystol · Married on 12/31/2014

From the beginning my husband and i agreed that photography for our wedding had to be the best, no matter the cost. After agreeing on that i started my search. I started following Munaluchi and Weddings on Point and some other sites. Our bridal party was BIG (22 people in total) so we really wanted someone who had experience with larger bridal party and that is when i found Fola. He had a big bridal party picture on some stairs that i fell in love with and i called him immediately.

After talking with him and he understanding and loving my vision (which was a huge plus for any vendors i choose for that day) we agreed to book him. Trust me that was the best decision we made. We went down to Atlanta to take our engagement pictures (which are amazing btw) all with last last minute planning and that confirmed even more that we had the perfect fit for our most special day.

Fola is AMAZING, the service is professional, caring, inspiring and Breathtakingly Beautiful. Fola puts his heart and soul in each picture he captures, plus he loves a colorful bunch. He really loves what he does and it shows in his work. He is extremely passionate about his work and he is diligent with his clients, which is a plus on the wedding day.

So brides, if you are looking for a photographer that will share and capture your vision, look no further, His work speaks for itself.

Sent on 02/19/2015

Teysha · Married on 12/20/2014

Fola was a joy to work with! He captured my most precious moments and I could not have asked for a better photographer!

Sent on 02/08/2015
  • AnthonyAyanna

Anthonyayanna · Married on 10/18/2014

I was referred to Fotos by Fola by my friend Stacie and I am soooo happy that I took her recommendation. Fola was amazing and went above and beyond to capture our special moments. We trusted him to capture both of our wedding ceremonies (cultural and traditional) and our engagement photos -- all turned out fantastic. We've received so many wonderful compliments from wedding guests on not only our photos but also how friendly and professional our photographer was. We love our photos and can't thank Fola enough for capturing our memories so beautifully.

Sent on 02/09/2015

Alexandra · Married on 10/12/2014

Fola is an AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER. He has the ability to capture every moment. Looking back through my pictures makes people who were not even in attendance at our wedding feel that they were present because he was able to "capture the essence of the evening". He also has a way of staying calm and keeping the wedding party in order. I had a fairly large wedding party and he managed to take phenomenal pictures of all of us. I am especially impressed with the way he was able to bring my otherwise photo-shy husband out of his shell. I have never seen so many pictures of him with such a huge beaming smile. We used Fola's services for both the wedding and our engagement pictures. He is both timely and efficient as well as extremely affordable. His work is absolutely beautiful and creative. I would absolutely recommend Fola to anyone who needs professional photography services for any special life event. I will ABSOLUTELY be using him for every important event from here on. Thanks again for capturing our evenings beautifully Fola!

Sent on 01/07/2015