Foster's Clambakes and Catering Reviews

Foster's Clambakes and Catering 6
Foster's Clambakes and Catering 7
  • Page

Page · Getting married on 08/24/2019

We used foster's for our rehearsal dinner and it was so much fun! ??

Sent on 08/15/2016
  • F

Fred Tomaino · Married on 06/22/2019

Rehearsal dinner

We had Fosters cater our rehearsal dinner and could not be happier with the food and the services. Thanks to Garrison and Ken and all the staff that made this a beautiful evening!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Kaley Johnson · Married on 10/13/2018

Beyond perfect

We can’t say enough great things about our experience. Everything was perfect! The best way I can describe it is that they turned a dream into a reality! We dropped decorations off the day before and when I walked in the day of my wedding- it was even better then i could have imagined. Stress free, easy to work with, great pricing, and great food !

Sent on 11/03/2018
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 09/08/2018

We don’t even know where to begin in recommending and thanking Foster’s enough for our spectacular wedding held at The Viewpoint Hotel in York, ME this September. Beth was a complete GEM to work with. Foster’s is one of the vendors that our venue preferred, and it makes complete sense why! From the tasting we had on a cold April day (when Foster’s hadn’t even opened for the season yet) to the end of our wedding reception, Beth was working with us to ensure we had the absolute best experience. She checked our rentals list to make sure we had listed exactly what we needed (and caught some mistakes we had made on linen length- who even pays attention to a detail that small?) and made recommendations that worked perfectly for us. The food was, obviously, stellar and we are still hearing about the incredible service from all the staff. At one point, as my husband and I were running to our next photo-op, one of the servers stopped us to offer a full plate of appetizers that she had cut up in to quickly-consumed bite sized pieces. The thought that went into our day and our happiness, down to the littlest of details did not go unrecognized by us or ANY of our guests. We are sure that had we chosen any other caterer, the day would not have been nearly as extraordinary.

Sent on 09/21/2018

Suzanne · Married on 08/12/2018

Our daughter's wedding was a destination wedding, and so much of what we did, we had to do long distance. We did have a chance to meet with Jenna about two months prior to the wedding, and she set several hours aside for us. I noticed she never said no. She made us feel like we were the only clients she had, and worked with us throughout to be sure everything was ready for the big day. It was absolutely wonderful, from the food to the setting. I know sometimes when you need to plan something, you need to trust your instincts, and Foster's was absolutely the most wonderful venue for us. We are thankful to all.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Judith · Married on 07/28/2018

We can not say enough about Fosters. Everything from start to finish was top notch, from the 1st planning stages to the end of the evening of the Wedding. Beth and her staff are extremely accommodating, and full of energy! Fosters was there for us the entire weekend from the Rehearsal Dinner Cruise on the Thomas Leighton, the Welcome Party after the rehearsal dinner and the Wedding itself at Harbour Place. Everything was provided offsite and it was seamless. The presentations of every single thing was gorgeous and the quantities were amazing. In the words of countless guests, it was the best wedding food they have ever had.

Sent on 08/12/2018
    Foster's Clambakes and Catering 9
    Foster's Clambakes and Catering 10

Erica and Beth · Married on 07/15/2018

We were recently held both our wedding and reception at Fosters and it was one of the best decisions we made about our day. The staff was attentive, enthusiastic, and responsive. The location itself was easy for traveling guests and super cute, as several of our guests reminded us over the course of the evening. The food was great. But the really incredible part was Jenna, our coordinator, who answered every question, accommodated every quirky request, assembled our center pieces and made the reception hall look gorgeous, and did it all with enthusiasm and genuine care. We cannot recommend Fosters highly enough!!

Sent on 08/03/2018
    Foster's Clambakes and Catering 11
    Foster's Clambakes and Catering 12

Trice C · Married on 10/01/2017

I loved the personal service even though I was having a smaller wedding. I really didn't know what I was doing so they guided me through what I should and needed to think about for our big day. The grounds were very clean and beautiful on Oct 1st! What a lovely setting and the food was terrific. Working with Foster's staff was the best part of my wedding planning experience.

Sent on 08/07/2018
    Foster's Clambakes and Catering 13
    Foster's Clambakes and Catering 14
    Foster's Clambakes and Catering 15
    Foster's Clambakes and Catering 16
    Foster's Clambakes and Catering 17
    Foster's Clambakes and Catering 18

Julia · Married on 09/23/2017

I had my rehearsal dinner at Fosters 9/22/17. From the start of planning through the day they were very professional and helped everything go off without a hitch! Food was delicious! My fiance and I were going for a little more laid back feel for our rehearsal and this was perfect! Not to mention food was amazing! There was a wedding going on in the main building the same night and it looked beautiful! Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 01/10/2018

Jane · Married on 08/26/2017

We used Fosters as our caterer at my daughters wedding this past August, and they were amazing, their staff were professional and there for our every need. The food was plentiful and no one left our wedding hungry. I would highly recommend them. Thank you for making the day perfect,

Sent on 09/05/2017

Diane · Married on 06/24/2017

We originally picked Fosters Clambake as the caterer but after swing the venue our decision was made. They made our wedding day! Great food and venue!

Sent on 07/02/2017

Marisa · Married on 10/15/2016

Beth and the team at Foster's is AMAZING!!! They went above and beyond for our off-site wedding reception and helped make our day so special and memorable for us. We held our reception in York, Maine, so naturally, we had a lobster bake and we are so happy we did. The food is so amazingly delicious, the service was terrific - our guests are still talking about it. We were both able to relax and enjoy every minute of our wedding because we knew that Beth was running the show. Beth and her team made us feel like family and like the most important people in the world! :) If you are looking to host an awesome Maine lobster bake or BBQ - Foster's is the way to go!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Adam · Married on 08/20/2016

W.O.W - the BEST! I mean...this food was incredible. This was a reception at a family business on the ocean in Old Orchard Beach. Amazing service, delicious food and just perfect. My fiance and I love lobster and steamers. I am a true Mainer who loves a good lobster bake more than anyone. Hence, why we wanted one for our wedding reception! The steamers, corn, salads, everything were so good. Soft shell lobster was great, and never did we feel like it was a messy affair. This was an elegant evening with a rustic vibe made possible by Fosters. We brought in pies for dessert from another vendor and they helped serve and complete the meal. It was a perfect meal and we have received compliments non stop since the event. Thank you!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Jennifer · Married on 08/06/2016

I can not say enough about Dani and her team! Fosters was amazing. Not only was the food incredible (it was cooked offsite at our venue location - my parents backyard) but they were incredibly professional but fun at the same time. Lots of our guest both complimented on the food and the service. Dani went above and beyond as it rained 20 minutes before the ceremony and her crew was out there wiping off chairs and they did so much more then what was required of them that day. They are definitely a class act and I would recommend them to anyone. Thanks for helping make my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 09/03/2016

Alyssa · Married on 08/05/2016

This food is phenomenal. We used their buffet-style BBQ menu (pulled pork and quarter chicken), which came with coleslaw, the best cornbread in the world, corn on the cob, beef hotdogs, potato salad, and this amazing blueberry crumbcake. It was mindblowing, truly, especially for the price.

To back up, our wedding was on 8/5/16 in Yarmouth, ME, and we contacted them in March, so there was about 5 months planning time. We went for a taste test and we were sold! They were so incredibly nice, too, and also were exceptionally accommodating to some of our Celiac (gluten-free) friends and family.

We hired their catering service as well as their full cash bar service, since our reception was in Maine (they can't do bar service for out of state events for liability reasons, I'm assuming). The bartender, Dan, was a hoot!

Honestly, I've been to other weddings where they paid an arm and a leg for their plates and the food was just bland. We ended up paying maybe around $27-30 per person for about 120 people and we had everyone raving about how amazing the food was. People are still talking about it months later! It was worth every penny, especially since they had the delivery, the servers, set up and clean up, not to mention the plates, silverware, and tablecloths.

It was flawless and I'm so incredibly glad we had them at our wedding. I'd recommend their BBQ menu to everyone!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Jen · Married on 07/09/2016

I can't say enough good things about Foster's! We had our ceremony and reception on site, and when we arrived, the ceremony site was all set up and the pavilion was decorated beautifully for the reception...we didn't have to do a thing! The dinner portions were huge and delicious, and our guests are still talking about how much fun the reception was. The level of service we received from the staff throughout dinner was outstanding and something you don't see every day. Well worth every penny, and if I could do it all over again I would definitely choose Foster's!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Beth · Married on 07/03/2016

Foster's was absolutely amazing! Professional, flexible, reasonably priced and very personalized. The entire staff was family oriented and made us feel like we were the most important people in the world. The food was incredible and people are still talking about it!

Sent on 08/16/2016

We used Foster's for our rehearsal dinner and we had an amazing time! It was beautifully decorated and the staff were so responsive. Everyone LOVED the food (we had the cookout menu) probably almost more than the food at the actual wedding. Everyone kept going up for seconds! I would definitely recommend working with Foster's for your wedding or rehearsal dinner!

Sent on 07/03/2016

Bill & Joe · Married on 09/19/2015

Joe and I worked with Foster's for our clambake wedding reception at an offsite location nearby in York, ME. The team was incredibly easy to work, generous and full of ideas. They were flexible and true partners as we came to them with ideas in how to customize the experience for our guests. Special shout out to Beth, who is truly the best, and Adrian who did a fantastic job making sure everything was executed seamlessly on the day-of. Such an amazing experience. Terrific food and service. We cannot recommend the Foster's team more for your wedding or upcoming event.

Sent on 12/22/2015

Morgan · Married on 09/13/2015

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at Fosters in September, 2015. We were so pleased with their service. The food, service, decorating, scheduling and attention to detail was phenomenal. Our guests are still telling us that it was the best wedding food they have ever had! The owner, Kevin, was so kind and helpful and gave us zero pressure when we met him. The wedding coordinators were simply amazing. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a rustic, laid back, orderly, sweet, intimate, beautiful wedding!

Sent on 08/05/2016

savannah · Married on 09/04/2015

Foster's was amazing for our destination wedding! We were married at Rye Harbor State Park and they brought everything to us! I was a little nervous that they weren't able to cook on site but the food was hot and delicious and guests said it was the best wedding food they have had. Foster's was professional, organized, and fun to work with! I highly recommend them to anyone considering a lobster bake for their wedding.

Sent on 01/13/2016

We are currently working with the wonderful staff at Fosters for our August 2015 wedding. Michelle and Beth are phenomenal and have made the incredibly stressful process of wedding planning easier for me! They are prompt, sweet, professional and knowledgeable. I am so happy thus far and will be back to review after our big day!

Sent on 03/12/2015

My husband and I used Foster's Clambake for our Rehearsal Dinner onsite in Portland, Maine. The communication prior to the event was excellent- Michelle laid out our different options and the price points and was very responsive. On the day of the event the staff was excellent- they arrived onsite at our outdoor rehearsal dinner space and set up their spread- we selected the clambake option so there was lobster, clams, mussels, rolls, drawn butter, clam chowder, corn on the cob, potatoes, and blueberry crumb cake for dessert. Our guests were blown away. We had many guests from within Maine and outside of Maine at our rehearsal dinner and every single guest was beyond pleased. The food was excellent- I believe my father had 3 cups of their award winning chowder! They also have non-lobster options in this package in case your guests aren't fans of lobster, or have allergies.

Foster's Clambake is also a great value- they show up onsite with the food, serving receptacles, trash bags, bins, lobster crackers - you do not need to provide them with ANYTHING for them to do their job except two tables to serve their food from. They have a full staff to serve your party, take away plates, and clean everything up. All the while their staff was professional, respectful, and kind. They ended up being the absolute perfect choice to kick off our wedding weekend.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Lindsay · Married on 07/11/2015

Fosters catered my wedding on July 11, 2015 at my childhood home in NH and it was PERFECT! Beth and her team are wonderful! The service was great, the food was amazing, and I have heard nothing but positive things from my guests. Thank you all so much!

Sent on 07/31/2015