Forsgate Country Club Reviews

34 | Monroe Township, NJ

34 Reviews for Forsgate Country Club

Alan A. · Married on 03/06/2021

Our Golden Wedding Anniversary

Our 50th wedding anniversary celebration on march 6, 2021 was a huge success. Thank you to the staff, especially the Events Manager, Ms. Shari Courtney and waiters, bartender who were always serving with smiles. The food was excellent. We would definitely recommend Forsgate to our friends and relatives. Again, our sincerest thanks!
    Alan and Josie Catuncan

Sent on 03/13/2021
  • Vinny

Vinny C. · Married on 03/14/2020

Excellent to Work With

Between the venue itself, the value offered, the food, and the staff, Forsgate was an absolute delight. We got married there in March 2020, and had the rehearsal dinner the night before. Ceremony was super pretty, they set the ballroom up really nicely. The reception was equally beautiful, a lot of compliments from the visitors on how nice it looked. The food was delicious (recommend the Asian Bar during the cocktail hour), some of my favorite food of all the weddings I've been to. Same feedback for the rehearsal dinner buffet. And the staff was great and responsive. We worked with Ashley leading up to the day, and she was great. Allison was our day of Maitre D, and she was on point. Highly recommended. Just blessed how wonderful it was to work with them.

Sent on 03/19/2020

Rachel and Vinny,
    It was an absolute pleasure working with you to make your dreams come true.

We wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Ashley and the Staff at Forsgate Country Club

Kristine · Married on 11/11/2017

Working with Shari was such a pleasure ! Forsgate made all of our dreams come true ! We wish we could re-live our special day over and over agin !!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Forsgate Country Club's reply:

Kristine, it was truly a pleasure working with you and your family. I am so happy we helping make your dreams come true.

I wish you both a lifetime of happiness.
    Shari

Sharon · Married on 10/27/2017

amazing ballroom and food was delicious! very friendly and courteous staff!!!!!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Forsgate Country Club's reply:

Thank you Sharon for your compliments. It was truly a pleasure working with you, and an honor to be part of your special day! I wish you both the very best and a lifetime of happiness!
    Shari

Cathy · Married on 10/21/2017

We cannot say enoug of good things about FOrsgAte! THe whole process from beginning to end was good. WE were working with Debbie Hills who was wonderful. VEry knowledgeable and helpful! THe whole setting was beautiful, the outside was beautiful with all the fall decorations and of course everything from the front door to the reception room was elegant. THe food was phenomenal!!!!!! Almost all of our guests were raving about the food from the cocktail hour through the VIannese table! The service was outstanding! Our 2 maitre'ds were VERY attentive!!!!! ForsgAte definitely is very much well worth at least checking out! Comparatively well worth the price, which is very close to other venues!!!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Forsgate Country Club's reply:

Thank you Cathy for taking the time to write such a nice review. It was truly a pleasure and an honor to be part of your special day. I am pleased to hear our staff succeeded in making wonderful memories for you and your family.

Antonio · Married on 09/23/2017

I had a great experience. Everything was great from the food to the service and the hospitality. Debbie was wonderful to work with from the beginning until the end of the night. Couldn't be happier.

Sent on 09/26/2017

Forsgate Country Club's reply:

Thank you Antonio. We are so happy to hear everything was wonderful on your special day. Thank you for letting Forsgate be part of it.

HAVE YOUR WEDDING HERE! Everything from our day was perfect, from start to finish. The floor to ceiling Windows creating the most amazing view, especially at sunset. Guests have not stopped raving about the food, almost two weeks later! Everything we ate was cooked to perfection. From cocktail hour to the appetizer, salad, entree and Venetian hour, our guests were completely full by the end of the night! The deluxe menu that we choose was great for the price. Our bridal suite was stocked with drinks and snacks for the bridal party during breaks, and we were well taken care of by our attendants, Ken and Morgan. Overall, we could not have asked for a better space for our wedding. If you want a country club wedding, look no further than Forsgate!!!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Melissa · Married on 04/16/2016

My husband and I had our bridal shower, rehearsal dinner and wedding at Forsgate and we could not be happier with how everything went! Working with Kelley was a wonderful experience, she made us feel comfortable every step of the way and helped us with all of our questions. They treat you like royalty and are so accommodating! They made our wedding look absolutely gorgeous! Our guests loved the food and the staff were so kind. We can’t thank you enough, you guys are the best!!

Sent on 04/21/2016

If you're looking to get married around the holidays, you couldn't find a better venue than Forsgate Country Club. Every room is beautifully decorated for the holidays and their lobby is positively beautiful with huge fireplaces, poinsettia plants and a large Christmas tree. We had our wedding ceremony in their restaurant that is a perfect room for a party of around 100 guests or less.

The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating and the food was excellent. Most all of our guest commented it was one of the best wedding they attended. I would highly recommend them to host any of your events.

Sent on 02/12/2016

Todd · Married on 09/19/2015

Kelly at Forsgate was great from the moment we met her we knew our wedding would be beautiful. She takes pride in her work and really makes the client feel comfortable and lets them know that everything will be handled. She provided us great customer service and is very knowledgeable.

Sent on 02/02/2016

Preetie · Married on 09/12/2015

The entire staff at Forsgate was great and accommodated my traditional indian wedding wholeheartedly. Kelley was our coordinator at the venue and she made sure every detail was in order and nothing was overlooked. She was able to meet with me several times to go over details and ensure everything was taken care of. She was truly a pleasure to work with as was the rest of the staff.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Michael · Married on 04/11/2015

Debbie at Forsgate was absolutely wonderful. She helped us every step of the way and worked with us in getting everything just the way we needed. The food was wonderful and the folks at Forsgate were accommodating with the handful of dietary constraints. The ballroom was gorgeous and the patio and gazebo made for a wonderful location for pre-reception photos. If you’re looking for a beautiful venue with excellent prices and top-notch staff Forsgate is the place!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Dana · Married on 07/11/2014

The staff at Forsgate were great! My day was seamless and my guests were impressed with the entire event. The food was delicious and the venue was absolutely perfect. The gazebo on the patio was a gorgeous spot to have the ceremony. The grounds were also perfect for pictures prior to the ceremony. Forsgate was an amazing venue and I couldn't have asked for a better venue.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Rob · Married on 07/11/2014

Outstanding, beautiful location. Forsgate has a gorgeous ceremony site, outdoors, by a gazebo. It more than fit our guests. Inside, the cocktail hour was delicious and it was an easy transition between ceremony, cocktails, and reception. The ballroom reception was exceptional. Food was excellent, but my favorite was the floor to ceiling windows that really opened up the already huge room. The Friday night package was affordable and we were please with the helpful staff, especially Kelly!

Sent on 09/24/2014

J. · Married on 06/21/2014

HAVE YOUR WEDDING HERE! I cannot sing the praises of Forsgate enough! We had the perfect wedding there. The staff anticipated and catered to every single need, every step of the way, from planning to the tasting to the rehearsal to the actual event. To give you an idea of how perfect they are, one of the staff members helped my mom bustle my gown (she was struggling with it) without even being asked and another one actually voluntarily fetched my brother's baby stroller out of his car so my brother would not have to leave the building during the party. The facility is beautiful and in a great location just off the turnpike. Their ballroom is full of floor to ceiling windows for great natural light, and the ceremony space is a beautiful gazebo garden with a natural aisle made of pavers. The food is absolutely delicious. Everyone (including myself) especially loved the plates of Italian cookies and chocolate covered strawberries served with cake. The pricing was very reasonable and they were very flexible with us in terms of trading out certain package elements for a reduced cost (for example, the cocktail hour offered something like a chef station and we just opted for the butler passed hors d'oeuvres and the other appetizer options, which saved us a couple of bucks per head). The planning process was very easy with them. Have your wedding at Forsgate; you will be in great hands!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Mary · Married on 06/14/2014

This venue is honestly a hidden gem. I live only 15 minutes from it, and almost didn't come across it in my research. Thank God I did because it is a dream venue and completely blew me away.

Location: Right off the turnpike so it is so convenient for guests, yet you still drive a few miles down a pleasant road to get there, so you don't see highway signs or anything!

Staff: Kelley was my venue coordinator and she was just exceptional. She worked with me through every detail before the wedding to make sure she had a thorough understanding of what I wanted. She was so accommodating with our menu, and made sure all favors/decorations/signs etc we brought were set up just as I wanted it. She had everything in control which left me completely stress-free the day of the wedding, which is really all a bride wants! The banquet managers, servers and bartenders were also fantastic - guests never waited for a drink or passed appetizer. They were also so great to me & my husband - they constantly brought us drinks and never cleared our food so any time we had a moment to go to our table all our food was there so we could eat throughout the night.

Space: This is a country club, and truly has that feel. The decor is warm and inviting, and the outside has gorgeous gardens and lots of photo opps. We did our cocktail hour on the outside patio and even though I had seen it plenty of times, I was blown away by how gorgeous it looked when it was set up. The reception area is a great size as well - it seats 400 people I think?? But we had 150 guests and it didn't feel too big. Great space for a dance floor as well!

Sent on 07/03/2014

Cara · Married on 05/24/2014

My husband and I had our reception at the Forsgate Country Club on May 24th. Not only was the venue gorgeous, but the food was delicious and the service was impeccable. A close family member recommended the Forsgate and we knew immediately we wanted to have our reception here! Debbie, the event planner, was always available to answer questions and was super accommodating. She walked us through the process of our big day several times. I imagine the Forsgate holds a lot of weddings, but she made ours feel unique to us rather than a cookie cutter event. More importantly, Debbie helped us achieve all of our expectations within our budget. Our Maitre’Ds Geoff and Ken made us and our quests feel like royalty. We received many compliments from our friends and family about the superb service they received. From greeting us at the limo to helping us pack up at the end of the night, they were available for any and all requests. We really didn’t have to make many requests because everything was taken care of for us. Overall, it was an amazing day and we highly recommend the Forsgate.
    -Cara and Clayton

Sent on 07/10/2014

Debbie · Married on 09/15/2012

This is a beautiful location for a wedding! It is scenic and spacious, and it was absolutely perfect for my daughter's wedding! The staff is amazing! I worked with Kelley, and she was incredibly helpful and accommodating. The day of the reception was beautiful so we were able to have the cocktail hour outdoors on their beautiful patio area. Inside, the room looked beautiful! All of our guests commented on what a lovely venue this was. Carlos and Geoff were on site the day of the event helping to coordinate every last detail. They even helped to transport some of our handicapped guests around the facility. This was a perfect location for a perfect wedding from the minute we started planning the event all the way through the last minutes of the reception. I am so happy that I can give Forsgate Country Club the highest recommendation possible!
    Debbie Robl (Mother of the Bride)
    Allison and Gordon's September 15, 2012 Wedding

Sent on 09/26/2012

Can't say anything but positive things for Forsgate. Everything was WONDERFUL, and not only do they have a beautiful ballroom for your reception, they also had a very cute outdoor area for your ceremony (no need for flowers at the ceremony area! It's got flowers planted all over!). Food was delicious and the staff got the job done quickly and efficiently.

Sent on 08/15/2012

Jen · Married on 09/26/2009

Forsgate did a great job with our wedding! We had the ceremony there as well as the reception and we are so pleased with how everything turned out. The staff was very accommodating and so easy to work with. We also got a lot of compliments on the food. We're so happy that we decided to have our wedding there!

Sent on 10/15/2009

Samantha · Married on 04/04/2009

My wedding was wonderful at Forsgate. We had a buffet and the food was plentiful and fantastic. Everyone had a fantastic time, the service was wonderful and they were easy to work with during the planning process.

Sent on 05/24/2009

Sucharita · Married on 11/04/2017

Forsgate country club did a great job with our daughter’s wedding. We worked with Debbie for more than a year and it was a pleasure every time meeting with her. The staffs are very helpful. We are very pleased with how ceremony and reception both turned out.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Julia · Married on 11/09/2013

Top notch food, drinks, service and more!!! Debbie was so helpful, and Jeff and Carlos were so accommodating on the wedding day. Stunning golf course...they even include a round of golf for the groom! When you walk in you are greeted with an old world feel. Warm fireplace and exposed wooden beams! A fabulous wedding reception site!

Sent on 11/18/2013
  • SARALEX

Sara · Married on 10/30/2010

When you first walk into Forsgate, the surroundings take your breath away. I knew it was my dream venue, and Tom and the entire Forsgate staff were unbelievable. Every now and then, it took a little kick in the pants to get them to keep me updated, but other than that, the food was INCREDIBLE, the rooms are fantastic, and it was an absolutely wonderful experience working with them.

Sent on 11/17/2010

Melanie · Married on 09/14/2008

The staff at Forsgate, Especially Debbie and Eve, are WONDERFUL! They helped us figure every last detail out, and did a fabulous job! They always offered suggestions, while still sticking to what we wanted. I HIGHLy reccomend them.

Sent on 10/03/2008