Forrest Pond Lodge Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Debbie K. Married on 11/09/2019

Beautiful wedding site.

Looked at a lot of wedding venues but Forrest Pond was by far the most beautiful site of them all. There are multiple places to choose to conduct ceremony and every setting is beautiful. Great value and great people to work with!
  • Cortney
    Cortney W. Married on 11/09/2019

Russell/Williams Wedding

This venue is absolutely beautiful, once we toured the property we knew it was the perfect place for us to get married. Ms. Patty & Thomas were so accommodating and such a pleasure to work with. I definitely recommend this venue, we had so many compliments and everyone had a great time here!
    Tina C. Married on 10/12/2019

Corbitt / Belcher Wedding

This is a beautiful place to have an elegant wedding, with all the amenities. We rented the venue and the house for the wedding party, being so many came from out of town, everyone enjoyed the space and convenience of the grounds.
  • Sharron
    Sharron W. Married on 04/05/2019

Perfect Setting!

Forrest Pond was a perfect setting for our son's wedding. While the venue is beautiful, the availability of the lodge to house the mostly out-of-town/state wedding party was a win-win for everyone. I would definitely recommend Forrest Pond to any bridal couple.
    L Fanczi Married on 10/20/2018

Brandi Jordan and Steven Fanczi Wedding

Forrest Pond Lodge was an amazing venue for my son's wedding and Patty was wonderful to work with; always helpful and quick to respond to our questions. All of our family and friends enjoyed the beautiful scenery. From the minute we arrived on Friday, we knew that we had found our little piece of paradise and felt right at home with the cozy accommodations. The reception was absolutely gorgeous and we enjoyed the intimate feel of the venue.
    Brandi Married on 10/20/2018

Forrest Pond Lodge

Forrest Pond Lodge made picking a venue easy. The owners were very helpful along the way to ensure our wedding was perfect. All of our guests were pleased and enjoyed their time as well. The guys stayed busy outside roaming the property fishing while the girls were able to get all dolled up for the big day. I highly recommend Forrest Pond Lodge to any couple!
  • Kaeli
    Kaeli Married on 10/06/2018

Superb Wedding Venue Experience

Forrest Pond Lodge is an amazing wedding venue with wonderful lodging accommodations.  The experience from the first tour to signing the contract to our wedding day was superb.  We felt so special as if we were the only couple planning a wedding there.  Even though you may decorate and have a wedding theme, Forrest Pond is breathtaking in itself--a hidden gem.
    Kaylee J. Married on 04/14/2018

Beautiful wedding

We had an amazing time at the venue and stayed at the lodge with our wedding party. The place is beautiful and private, surrounded by nature. The lodge is cozy. It's was perfect for us.
    Mallorie Married on 11/18/2017
    We had the BEST experience any bride could ask for! We instantly bonded with Thomas and Patty. They are such kind and down to earth people. The venue was breathtaking on the wedding day, and every guest could not stop talking about it. I was weary at first because I wanted an elegant look for my wedding and not rustic...but it turned out more beautiful and elegant than I could have ever dreamed. The lodge was perfect for the wedding party to all stay comfortably. We brought golf carts and made memories riding around the property. The guys had fun golfing and shooting guns. I could literally go on and on with how amazing the service and venue was.
    Lisa (. Married on 10/07/2017
    Patty and Thomas at Forrest Pond Lodge were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. We booked our daughter's wedding there in October of 2017 and we couldn't be happier with our choice. It was a beautiful wedding and our guests couldn't stop saying how nice things were at both the lodge and venue. Much of the bride's family stayed at the house for the weekend so we could take care of all the wedding details. We rented a golf cart from a local vendor and scooted back and forth across the property as we set up, arranged the flowers, cooked, decorated, partied, rehearsed, etc. There was plenty of room for everyone to gather, mingle, cook, and work on all those last minute details. Everything we needed was right there in the cabinets/closets or within a short driving distance. Patty was easily accessible before, during, and after the event to answer all our questions. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone wanting to book a wedding, special event, or family reunion. There is plenty to do on the property for everyone. It is a beautiful property owned by good people.
    Sherry Married on 06/10/2017
    Forrest Pond Lodge is a beautiful setting for a wedding and the owners are wonderful to work with! You truly can not find a better place with everything that it includes. The lodge, the venue and the grounds are kept in pristine order and you can tell that Patty & Thomas care about not only the property but the satisfaction of the guests inquiring about it. They want each couple to have a memorable experience that will last them a lifetime.
    Megan Married on 04/08/2017
    There were a few venues that I was interested in viewing starting off with. Forrest Pond Lodge (FPL) was the first on my list. Once I toured the facility, I found that it would actually be my first and last tour. . I don't have enough positive words to describe this place. Patty and Thomas, the owners of FPL, are so accomodating and are such wonderful people. They genuinely want to ensure that your wedding day is absolutely perfect. The grounds are perfect and pristine and they are very clear on what they provide and are responsible for. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 07/23/2016
    This venue is beautiful and well worth the money! Both the lodge and venue are well kept and the owners are willing to help in any way they can to make your wedding day special. The pictures simply do not do it justice! Thanks to Forrest Pond Lodge, my groom and I had the wedding of our dreams. I know our guests will be talking about it for years to come!
    Jodi Married on 07/09/2016
    We loved working with the Wrights in using this facility. The facility is absolutely beautiful!! The Wrights were so helpful and easy to work with and get in touch with! Very glad we chose this for our reception. It was the perfect setting and we received many compliments! I definitely recommended this facility to anyone looking for a wedding or just a reception location!
    Toysha Married on 05/14/2016
    Everything was perfect for our May 14, 2016, wedding. The grounds were beautiful, the lodge was great, and the reception hall was wonderful. To top it off, Patti and Tom were so helpful and easy to work with. I would not have changed a thing.
    Ashlee Married on 04/30/2016
    We had an awesome experience at Forrest Pond Lodge! The venue and cabin were both wonderful facilities and Thomas and Patty met all of our needs and beyond! Would definitely recommend this venue for any couple planning a wedding and/or reception!
    Marlene Married on 03/12/2016
    We were extremely pleased with the venue. Not only do you get to use the venue itself but the lodge with accommodations for the wedding party and guests were a definite plus! The venue and grounds are gorgeous! We were very pleased with the pictures everything was so pretty! A really great value for the price since your able to use the property Friday, Friday night, Saturday, and Saturday night. You can also arrange to stay Sunday for just a little more. We were able to set up Friday have the rehearsal dinner, the wedding on Saturday then relax after the wedding at the lodge. We were very pleased with all the services and Patty was fantastic! Definitely would recommend and use them again ourselves!
    Lisa Married on 10/03/2015
    Forrest Pond was the Perfect Location for our recent wedding, reception and rehearsal dinner! There's just something magical about this place with the great Rustic Buildings, Ponds and Natural Setting. Great venue for Privacy and So many Different options on Where to hold the ceremony on the property. The customer service....Before, During & after was the Best I have ever experienced! There are very few, if any Wedding Venues within the Southeast Region of the United States that Provide both the Charm & Value to Match Forrest Pond ! Two More weddings to plan...way down the road....If we do a wedding outside of our church it will be at Forrest Pond!
    Lindsay Married on 09/19/2015
    Forrest Pond Lodge is a wonderful place for a wedding! I'm from Statesboro and my husband is originally from Brunswick, so the venue was an in-between point for both families. I searched everywhere for a venue that was somewhere in-between. I found Forrest Pond Lodge through Wedding Wire and my mother-in-law made an appointment for us to view the venue. As we pulled down the drive, my husband immediately said, "This is it. This is where we're getting married. " Of course, I was smiling from ear to ear. The venue was PERFECT for what my husband and I were looking for. It is simply beautiful and will take your breath away. Forrest Pond Lodge is perfect ANY theme for a wedding. We had a elegant theme wedding and the day was beyond wonderful. The owner's are awesome, very professional, and very nice. Thanks again for everything!
    Cynthia Married on 12/13/2014
    This venue is very beautiful. I had a wonderful time and a great experience with Mrs. Patty Wright (the owner). I will say that pictures do not serve justice to this place. It has a country, cozy feeling to it that was very welcoming to my guests. The inside is open and there is so much to do. If you have any questions please ask me.
    Klh Married on 11/08/2014
    My friend first told my husband and I about this venue. The pictures are great, but they don't do it justice. When we first saw the venue we fell in love. It is absolutely stunning and a perfect place for any themed wedding. We had 200+ people and the grounds accommodated everyone! The Wrights help with anything needed to make your dream wedding come to life. They are great to work with and I couldn't have asked for better people. I'm so happy we chose them to work with. With many extra exspenses on site it also helps when you're on a budget too!
    Amber Married on 06/14/2014
    To re-create the moment when I first saw Forrest Pond Lodge, I turned off of a highway onto the most beautiful tree-lined drive where out of nowhere, these beautiful lakes appear. It truly felt surreal... like I was driving into a different part of the country. You immediately will be taken aback by how beautiful the "lodge" is. The Lodge is a very spacious cabin that you have the opportunity to rent for yourself or for out-of-town guests so you can stay onsite (we chose not to, because we had plenty of family in the area and we actually bought a house about 10 minutes from FPL). Then on your left, the most beautiful building appears surrounding by lakes and gorgeous oak trees. I lost my breath at how beautiful the whole scene was and it definitely took a while to sink in that it was real life haha.

As far as the business side of things, the package was INCREDIBLY affordable and the space is perfectly efficient for a wedding. We had approximately 150 people in the heat of June and there was plenty of room for everyone either inside the venue or under the covered patio. It could probably easily hold more than 150 people. The wraparound porch was also such a wonderful piece. We had our first dance outside and everyone was able to see whether they were on the lawn, downstairs under the porch, or standing on the porch. Parking is seamless and the Wrights set out formal signs so your guests park in the appropriate area. You have access to a kitchen and a storage room (that has a huge ice chest) so since we catered our own wedding, that was a lifesaver! The tables and chairs were all in perfect condition and we used the benches outside for our ceremony and they worked perfect! I really can't say enough about how wonderful our experience was.

And finally, I could gush for hours about how wonderful the Wrights are to work with. They made the process painless and enjoyable. Please contact me if you have any questions!
    Rose Married on 05/24/2014
    Forrest Pond Lodge was perfect for our daughters Bohemian style wedding. We chose one of the docks on the lake at sunset for the exchange of vows and the reception was indoors in the amazing modern, yet rustic venue. A dance followed under the venue where it was cool and everyone enjoyed the grounds. Patty could not have been a more gracious host for our event. We searched many venues around our area but none could compare to Forrest Pond Lodge. Our event was for 150 guests and no others had the accommodations to comfortably host the number of guests. Everything was perfect thanks to Patty and Thomas. I would definitely recommend Forrest Pond Lodge.
  • User2025360 2+ years ago
    Beautiful location and friendly people! It made our wedding day just perfect!
    Megan Married on 05/28/2016
    Forrest Pond Lodge is probably the most beautiful place you could ever find no matter the time of day! The owners are so lovely and down to earth, I couldn't have asked for better.