Forrest Hills Mountain Resort Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Eddie J. Married on 02/19/2022

Perfect Small Wedding Experience

My wife and I had our Secret Garden wedding at Forrest Hills Resort in February 2022, and the experience was spectactular. All aspectes of the wedding, planning, ceremony, and reception were executed flawlessly.

Our key desires for the wedding were to have it small and intimate with the least amount of stress possible. Levi was a great guide through the entire process. He listened carefully and made great suggestions to help realize our vision of the wedding. His attention to detail and desire to be precise with communication was much appreciated.

On the day of the ceremony he was present but not micro-managing. He worked seamelessly with the wedding cake baker (our package included a wedding cake), the officiant, and the photographer to keep the flow of the day smooth.

The reception after the ceremony was wonderful. Again, Levi worked with my MC to ensure the traditional dances, background music, and announcements happened as envisioned. Simone and her kitchen and wait staff were surperb. She went above and beyond to ensure my wife and I and our guests were served promptly, and the food was delicious.

For the night before and after the wedding we decided to stay on-premises in a cabin. The cabin was spacious and well-kept. It was the perfect romatic retreat to prepare for the big day and to celebrate and relax after.

For anyone looking to have a small, intimate wedding at a picturesque resort and work with a coordinator who has great professional relationships with vendors, we highly recommend Forrest Hills.
    Keith H. Married on 02/02/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Awesome Weddings Venue & Romantic Gateway.

Beautiful views, couldn't ask for a better venue for our wedding. Highly recommended for weddings and vacation.
  • Kaitlin
    Kaitlin S. Married on 11/21/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Forrest Hills Resort & Levi Hansard will be the best decision you make for your wedding!

From my initial reach out to Levi at Forrest Hills, his professionalism, kindness, & knowledge made him stand out from the other venues we were touring. During the year+ time from when we decided to move forward with Forrest Hills, Levi was available, friendly, & helpful with any questions we had no matter how big or small. His services were unparalleled from the preparation through day of. Even things I thought I had fully thought through, Levi had thought of better & more thoroughly. We could not have made a better decision when it came to who we decided to trust with help on one of the biggest days of our lives.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly T. Married on 11/20/2021

No Words to Express the Absolute Joy

As my review title states, there are no words that will adequately describe the happiness and joy that I felt during our wedding weekend. I wish I could say the feelings began that weekend but they did not. From the moment I met Levi, I KNEW Forrest Hills Mountain Resort was the venue for us. He was absolutely amazing from the very beginning. From our initial meeting, my love for his staff grew. I will ALWAYS have connection with Ms. Jackie. I LOVE this group and you can tell that they love what they do and take pride in their work. There is not one aspect of our weekend that I have anything negative to say. Everything was absolutely perfect...and I mean everything. I will recommend Forrest Hills Resort ten times over today and always.
    Meghan B. Married on 10/24/2021

The MOST Magical Experience

I cannot say enough about my experience with Forrest Hills. The venue,value,staff and amenities were all SO amazing. I was nervous to have an all inclusive vendor because I wanted our wedding to be specific to us. However, Forrest Hills did not disappoint! Our wedding was fun and unique, just how we pictured it. It was better than I ever imagined. My family and friends cannot stop talking about Forrest Hills and some are planning return trips. If you are on the fence just do it! Levi is amazing and could not recommend enough!
  • Melanie
    Melanie A. Married on 10/22/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Day of Our Lives! We Love Forrest Hills!

Forrest Hills Resort will forever hold a special place in my heart. On October 22, 2021 we got married in the larger gazebo in the wedding garden and it was hands down the best day of our lives!

In the morning, my bridesmaids and I got ready on-site in the newly renovated bridal suite, which was done so beautifully and it comfortably fit nine people (including the hair and makeup ladies and their items). While I waited for my turn in the salon chair, I went outside to find a perfect first look spot for my bridal party reveal and for my dad's reveal. Right around the corner, where they do elopements, there is a beautiful garden and mini gazebo that turned out to be the perfect location. The pictures came out phenomenal! For my first look with my fiancé, we chose to drive up to the front of the resort where there's a bridge and beautiful big trees which also turned out to be incredible photo locations!

The ceremony stole my heart. I was pulled in on a horse and carriage and the feeling you have as your guests and soon-to-be husband look at you when you're pulled in for the grand entrance is heart-stopping. I truly felt like a princess. The ceremony location is breathtaking and the whole garden is manicured perfectly. We had extra time after we did our family photos and when they asked if we wanted to join the cocktail hour I said no because I just wanted to soak in the beauty of the ceremony location.

Our reception took place in the Rose Garden, which was also newly renovated and they did an incredible job! The best part is everything is included; the tables, the chairs, the linens, the lanterns, the cake stand, and set up and take down. But WOW, the food! I have to stop and rave about the food. The salad, the mashed potato bar, the prime rib, the spaghetti (yes I risked it even in my dress and it was SO worth it) were all fantastic. Many of our guests got up for seconds!

But what I really loved most about Forrest Hills was Levi Hansard. Levi is a GEM at Forrest Hills and we could not have done any of this or had a perfectly smooth and magical day without him. I've known Levi for two years (we postponed due to Covid) and he is so patient, kind, funny, and will happily answer all of your questions. We had our rehearsal the day before our wedding, also at Forrest Hills, and so we were able to bring in some of our decor ahead of time and he kindly helped us set it up. His eye for detail is impeccable! He made tweaks and suggestions that made the reception room look so elegant. I'm so grateful he was there to guide us towards the best decisions. On the big day he checked up on me in the bridal suite a few times which I truly appreciated because, of course, I wanted to know how set up was going. After our ceremony, we were ahead of schedule and my husband and I headed back to the bridal suite so I could touch up. This is one of my favorite moments of the night - Levi and my wedding coordinator zoomed up in a golf cart with drinks from the bar and appetizers having a great time. I LOVED to see that even they were having fun and we chatted and laughed with them too. Knowing Levi for the last two years he's become more than just a vendor - he's part of our family and part of our story. Two of my favorite moments of the day are with him and to me that says so much more about Forrest Hills. Before we did our grand exit I gave him the biggest hug because we are so grateful to have met him. Levi, thank you for being you!

If you're reading this and considering doing a wedding at Forrest Hills, DO IT! You are making the best decision, I promise!
  • Natalie
    Natalie C. Married on 10/10/2021

Exceeded My Expectations!

Even if I tried, there are not words adequate to describe my entire wedding experience with Levi and Forrest Hills. This place and the amazing coordinaotre they have actually made for a stress free bride! The attention to detail and the ease of communication made our entire event so spectacular. It sounds like I am writing a fairy tale but it is all true. If you are getting married and want a stress free, beautiful serene setting then Forrest Hills is your place!! The prices were so well within budget too and they respect that also which made it that much better!
    Brian R. Married on 09/26/2021

Wedding of our dreams

We could not be happier with our choice of Forrest Hills Resort and Levi Hansard for our wedding. Levi helped us through all the decisions. He made it as easy as possible for us. Our wedding was the happiest day of our lives. Beautiful venue, helpful people, great food, it was just perfect. Our guests loved the beautiful scenery.
  • Miranda
    Miranda P. Married on 09/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfect place for our wedding!

Location:
    Forrest Hills is located in North Georgia, in the Chattahoochee National Forest. It is a gorgeous drive to get there, no matter what route you take. You don’t get good cell phone service here, but hopefully, you’ll be too busy relaxing and/or having fun to need it!

Accommodations:
    Our guests stayed in Mountain Laurel Lodge, Eagle’s Nest, as well as a cabin on site. Mountain Laurel is newly renovated and a comfortable stay. Plus it was great to have all our guests in one place and not have to worry about how our guests would get back to their stay once our reception was over. The hot tubs and fire pit are great amenities, too! It was complicated organizing it with so many guests from different stages in our lives, but everyone ended up where they need to be in the end.

Food and Beverages:
    Our rehearsal dinner was on-site at Forrest Hills. Between that, our wedding reception, and the breakfasts each day, we didn’t have a single bad bite of food! Christy was amazing and covered anything we needed. We didn’t taste the food before the reception, but we were assured that you can’t go wrong with any food choice at Forrest Hills--and we completely agree based on our experience! They had our back every step of the way!

Wedding coordination:
    We worked with Levi from the moment we inquired about the venue and he was amazing! We completely appreciated his style and choices, which let us stress less about the details. It was great to have everything on site. We were married at the Fox Hollow gazebo, which was gorgeous, and the Rose Garden reception room was exactly the vibe we were going for. Everything was on time and went off without a hitch! Levi helped with everything, from fluffing my train as I walked towards the aisle, helping my bridesmaid bustle my dress, and even serving food at the reception. We could not be happier with our choice of being married at Forrest Hills!

All of our guests asked us how we found this place because it was so perfect for us and our guests!
    Nikki Married on 09/22/2021

The Perfect Place for Your Perfect Day

I would highly recommend having your wedding at Forrest Hills Resort! I had my wedding at Forrest Hills Resort this past October and words alone cannot describe the wonderful time I had. My husband and I decided to have our wedding ceremony at the Fox Hollow Wedding Garden on the resort and our reception at the Rose Garden Dining Room. It was beautiful and efficiently coordinated.

When we first were perusing the resort for a decision on a venue, we met Levi, the wedding coordinator, at Forrest Hills. Levi was so kind and up front about the whole wedding package and process. My husband and I were married during the pandemic where we had to make some changes to the wedding plans. Levi was so organized, empathetic and flexible with us during the entire wedding process from the start of planning to the end of the reception.

Overall, Forrest Hills was the perfect place to have our special day and will definitely be back to celebrate anniversaries in the future!
  • Savannah
    Savannah M. Married on 09/12/2021

Best Day of My Life

Forrest Hills Resort is so beautiful!! I had my wedding in the Secret Garden, and if you are a bride like me who wanted something small and intimate, this is DEFINITELY the place for you!! Levi was such an amazing help. Everything from decor to picking my wedding march. Levi was there every step of the way to help make my day absolutely perfect. I will never forget his kindness. You can tell he has been in the industry for a long time! He is knowledgeable, personable, insightful. Everything you want and need from a wedding planner.
  • Becky
    Becky W. Married on 06/13/2021

Fantastic Wedding Venue

Forrest Hills helped us make our dream wedding come true. Everyone was so helpful and professional at our reception and our guests had a great time. Levi helped us every step of the way and went above and beyond to ensure our special day was amazing.
    Ronald S. Married on 06/12/2021

Incredible wedding weekend.

If you are looking for a destination-type wedding, this place is for you and will not disappoint! I would recommend for any type of wedding as well. Our family of 75 stayed on the property and didn't have to leave for anything. Park on Friday and drive away on Sunday. No need for shuttle busses etc. My top 5 reasons are: 1. Beautiful reception and rehearsal rooms 2. Food quality that will match up with any country club, restaurant, or catering company. 3. Very nice rooms and cabins. No need to stay anywhere else. 4. Top notch staff from the check in all the way through the events. 5. The ability to rent an entire lodge building (where the whole family can connect ie after parties) with the full private use of the hospitality suites. It completed the whole destination wedding experience. 5*
  • Alexander
    Alexander C. Married on 06/01/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We had the best experience

Getting married at Forrest Hills was the absolute best thing we could've done! Levi, our event coordinator was amazing. Very attentive, confident in what he does, dots all the i's and crosses all the t's for every detail you didn't initially think about, has a network of wedding vendors that you can trust, I could go on and on. The venue itself was perfect for us. It was a big hit to all our guests that the wedding chapel, reception room and places to sleep were all on the same property and very close to one another. Breakfast every day was delicious! As was the food we selected for the reception. All around, we had a near perfect experience.
    Brittany V. Married on 05/15/2021

Great Experience

We had a wonderful experience planning and hosting our wedding at Forrest Hills. Our family and friends loved I our weekend there and are already asking us to plan a vow renewal lol.
    Everyone there is incredibly kind & accommodating. The food is amazing, the group lodges are great, the private cabins are lovely, the horse and carriages are all beautiful and hard to choose from, the bridal salon is great, the women at the front desk are wonderful, Levi is the man, & the vendors he recommends are great too -we honestly don’t have a single bad thing to say about our experience there.
    We love Forrest hills and everyone who works there.
    Melanie F. Married on 05/01/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

What’s a better word than perfect?

The garden was gorgeous! The staff was so helpful and friendly. We took advantage of the Chuck wagon dinner the evening before our wedding and I’ll admit, I was blown away! It’s an experience for the whole family that is well worth it. Right down to the small details everything was wonderful! Love Forest Hills!!
    Jessica Married on 04/25/2021

Executive Assistant and Happy Bride

Forrest Hills was a beautiful venue for our little fairy tale dream wedding, and Levi was kind, friendly, compassionate and thoughtful. He was so encouraging and helped make our day so incredibly special and unforgettable!!
  • Mandy
    Mandy S. Married on 04/24/2021

Absolutely amazing!

From the very first time I reached out to Forrest Hills Resort, Levi was very quick to respond and was always so kind and patient while answering my endless amount of questions. We decided to have a destination wedding at FHR so there were many questions and things to figure out while being so far away and he never hesitated to answer all my questions and keep my worries at ease! Thankfully for Levi I never had to stress much or worry about anything because he had everything planned out and knew what he was doing. He has done so many weddings and really knows what he’s doing, and it shows through his work. I will forever recommend Forrest Hills Resort! The package my husband and I purchased included everything and more for such an amazing price. It even included an amazing cake by a personal Cake Baker, Donna was awesome and the Cake was fantastic. It was exactly what we wanted! We couldn’t of been happier! Levi was an awesome coordinator and kept everything and everyone in line. Even when we had bad weather conditions come up last minute he figured everything out for us and walked us through it all. We never would of been able to make it such a memorable day without his help! Everything was all around amazing and we are forever grateful for Forrest Hills Resort and their amazing staff! 5 stars!! We can’t wait to come back for our anniversary 😁
  • Clover
    Clover B. Married on 02/14/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The most beautiful valentine wedding

The food at Forrest Hills Mountain resort is absolutely delicious! The property is really pretty and The cabins are nice. It was such a pleasure working with Levi Hansard. My beautiful Valentine wedding had zero hiccups. My guests could not quit telling me how perfect everything was.
  • Jackie
    Jackie R. Married on 02/13/2021

Flawless, would highly recommend

Our Vow Renewal started as a last minute decision 3 weeks before our event. From our first phone call with Levi until our final goodbye the morning after nothing could have went smoother. We told him many times “we don’t know what we’re doing” so he continued to guide us along the way and helped us plan an entire wedding in 3 weeks. We never felt pressure or like we were under a time crunch (even though poor Levi was probably going crazy behind the scenes) he never once projected anything onto us other than pure joy and excitement. We truly left the resort feeling as if we had made a connection and will be spending our anniversaries there in the future. I would highly recommend Forrest Hills resort if you are considering an all inclusive stress free venue for your wedding. ❤️
    Michelle T. Married on 02/06/2021

................

Just overall amazing experience. Couldn't have asked for a better day.
  • Karen
    Karen Y. Married on 11/21/2020

Wedding Weekend

We were so pleased with our wedding weekend at Forrest Hills. Everything went so smoothly. We couldn’t have asked for a better venue. All of our guests were able to stay at the lodge with us and celebrate.
    Levi and his team did an amazing job coordinating everything. We can’t wait to go back and rent a cabin for a quiet weekend away.
  • Maegan
    Maegan C. Married on 11/01/2020

Beautiful Venue!

My husband and I got married here in October. Everything about the venue was perfect - the scenery, the food, the decor, the staff - I have absolutely nothing bad to say! I recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for planning to be simple and for the event to be stunning. The venue provides chairs for the ceremony and seating and decor for the reception. The catering is done through the venue as well, which was great. Easy to book and great food. The packages they offer are GREAT deals for the services they provide. There are indoor and outdoor options for larger ceremonies, and other options for smaller ceremonies. Levi is very responsive, friendly and accommodating. I will certainly recommend FHR to other couples!
  • Olivia
    Olivia Married on 10/20/2020

Magical day!

Levi made my wedding a dream come true! Truly the most incredible experience with the most incredible coordinator. We had a tight budget and we were lucky enough to stay under with this beautifully breathtaking venue. I couldn’t have asked for a better day! Thank you Forrest Hills for making our wedding dreams come true!

Forrest Hills Mountain Resort's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! What an honor to host you and yours here at Forrest Hills Resort! Love always wins.

Lester M. Married on 10/11/2020

Markle Shimmin wedding

Forrest Hills Resort is all inclusive with excellent friendly staff that will cater to all your needs. Mary is always there to answer any questions you or your family might have, and Levi's personality and professionalism stood out above any other. We could not have asked for nicer people or a more beautiful venue. The chef and his crew's food was absolutely excellent.
illustration stars