Forrest Hills Mountain Resort Reviews

46 | Dahlonega, GA

46 Reviews for Forrest Hills Mountain Resort

46 Forrest Hills Mountain Resort Reviews

BRITTANY · Getting married on 12/12/2018

Private cabin King with Jacuzzi... we could not have made a better choice! My boyfriend and I have an unfortunate long distance relationships so our vacations together are very important. lts very hard when everything doesnt go perfectly. Our vacation at Forrest Hills was far beyond what we could have even dreamed of! Super private, wonderful view off the back porch in the mountains, had everything you need for an extended stay, the staff was almost too nice haha, very informative and helpful. It was very obvious they took pride in their resort! We even decided to take a horeback ride they day we were supposed to check out so they moved our time up so that we could enjoy the ride worry free! And oh my gosh was it a MUST! Im an experienced rider but my boyfriend is NOT. It was still beyond fun riding my gorgeous gal Starbright while he had her sister Starlight and they did fantastic! His horse easily followed mine and mine followed the guides but allowed me to guide and trot her how I would with my own horses. We will most definitely be holding our wedding here!

Forrest Hills Mountain Resort 1
    Forrest Hills Mountain Resort 8
    Forrest Hills Mountain Resort 9
    Forrest Hills Mountain Resort 10

Kendall · Married on 09/21/2018

Forrest Hills offered the best combination of ceremony areas, full service reception, and places for guests to stay. It was affordable, a great value and the food was amazing and endless. We highly recommend that anyone looking for a venue consider how many "extras" everywhere else were included in the Rose Garden package. We particularly enjoyed the Deer Trail lodge as a place for family to stay & gather. Plenty of room to handle the rehearsal dinner for 40+ and outside vendors for this part were no problem. Garden wedding meant staff was out in force planting new flowers, spraying for bugs, setting up chairs and freshly mowing & blowing on the day of the wedding. Hands on from owners meant every detail was covered with care. No pictures yet but will share once they are in.

Jessica · Married on 04/23/2017

if less people show up, because of weather customers should get some money back.

That's what happened at my Wedding, people didn't want to travel because of bad weather

victoria · Married on 04/12/2017

Everything went perfectly! The planning, the wedding, the provided photographer, (when paid for) stylist were both amazing as well as the friendly staff!! Beautiful venue.

James · Married on 04/01/2017

If you want a small, simple wedding in an outdoor setting, Forrest Hills was great and the reception food was very good.

Megan · Married on 07/23/2016

My husband and I got married at Forrest Hills last weekend. Michelle (the owner) and her staff were amazing. We arrived a few days early and were instantly greeted by the friendly front desk staff. They made sure that we had everything that we needed and that everything was ready for all of our incoming guests. The night of the rehearsal it started to rain. All of the staff quickly organized us inside of the chapel so that we could have the rehearsal as planned. Once the weather let up, we then did the rehearsal outside, so that everything would go smoothly the next day. We were scheduled to do the wagon BBQ, but had to go to plan B because of the weather. Again the staff quickly set up the back up plan and we had a wonderful dinner with our guests. The food was fantastic and everyone loved the live music. The wedding the following day was scheduled to be outdoors, however, mother nature again had her own plans. We had a beautiful ceremony in the chapel and were able to go outside to take some pictures afterwards. The reception was in the Rose Garden Ballroom and was perfect. The food was amazing, and the wait staff were so accommodating. Traci made sure to save us some apps since we missed them for pictures. She then made sure that we had everything we needed and checked in with us periodically. The entire wedding weekend was more than I could ever imagine. All of the vendors that Forrest Hills recommended were wonderful and I couldn't ask for a more perfect wedding. Our guests all said that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I can not thank the staff at Forrest Hills enough for the wonderful experience we had there.
    A special thank you to the vendors that Forrest Hills recommended as well:
    Donna Cauller- Wedding cake and a grooms cake
    Lauren's Floral- Flowers
    Les Hanna- Photography
    Jolie Day Spa- Hair/Makeup onsite
    Gold City Corral- Rehearsal Dinner BBQ
    Reggie- Chef for reception
    Patricia Burgess- Officiant
    Forrest Hills Staff- Wonderful!

We recently used Forrest Hills Resort as the venue for my son and now my daughter-in-law's wedding. The rehearsal was a dinner wagon ride to a rustic barn by a river. The wedding party got a big kick out of the horse drawn wagon ride to the venue. The resort had corn hole games, horse shoes, volley ball, darts and other games set up for the wedding party to enjoy. We also had some of the best grilled BBQ chicken & steak that we had eaten. The rehearsal dinner & wagon ride by the Gold City Corral staff was GREAT. Then the next day I think all hands at the resort were on deck for our wedding. We used the large outdoor gazebo for a rustic theme & it was beautiful. Everyone at the resort went above & beyond to try to make my son's & new daughter-in-law's day special and I do mean everyone including - maintenance, restaurant, housekeeping, linen, front office, the resort owners - literally everyone. My son & daughter-in-law were so pleased with everything. They said their wedding weekend was more than they had dreamed it would be and this resort & its staff made that possible. The entire weekend was GREAT!!!

• Kenyatta

Kenyatta · Married on 05/14/2016

If you are looking for a rustic, natural feel this is your place. First let us start with Kathy Major the wedding coordinator for the venue. She is THE BEST. I made changes after changes and it didn't seem to phase her one bit. Even up to two weeks before the ceremony when we realized we didn't have a place to stay after the ceremony. She took it all in stride and was able to book us a romantic cabin for our wedding night.

Our guests were perplexed when they made the drive to the mountains to our location but once everyone got settled in they were hooked. We actually wished we had come to the location sooner so that we could have enjoyed it even more. The accommodations were great. The lodges that we rented had the rustic feeling with a touch of luxury. You can tell they have been making renovations to the property while still keeping the integrity of the resort. From check in to check out our needs were met. I have never been to a place with someone comes to check in daily to make sure that all is well. Even when we had a maintenance issue they took care of it so fast it was as if it never happened.

The food was wonderful. We told our guests who stayed that breakfast was included but they assumed it would be continental. They were so surprised and satisfied with the breakfast offerings daily, far from continental. The Chef came out to make sure we had everything that we needed and then some (I had a very picky guest-my mother- who needed her own special touches to her meal).

The meal that we had for the reception was delicious, we had guests asking if they could go back to the buffet for more. The wait staff were attentive but unobtrusive.

You will definitely get the value for the money spent. The big wow factor for our guests at the ceremony was the entrance by horse and carriage. It was so unexpected that the look on their faces said it all.

If I had to plan it all again I would use Forrest Hills for my venue.

Laura · Married on 04/24/2016

After viewing the pictures (and prices) online, choosing this as our wedding venue was the most simple part of our wedding planning! They were so thorough in their information and provided us with everything we needed to know prior to booking. We knew exactly what we were paying for with no surprises!
    We used their recommendations for photography and flowers and weren't disappointed.
    The ONLY thing I would suggest: Make sure you rehearse the wedding twice! My wedding party just did a short run through while I was getting ready and said they wish they had done it twice.

Greg · Married on 04/16/2016

Forrest Hills was an AMAZING venue for my wife and I's wedding. We got married here on April 16th, 2016... and we couldn't have been happier with how everything went!

First, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Kathy Major (the wedding coordinator) was especially helpful in guiding my wife and I through the entire process.

Second, the grounds of the resort are absolutely beautiful. If you're looking for an outdoor wedding, the Foxhollow Gazebo is a perfect spot. We loved the location, and the pictures there turned out amazing.

Third, the value is excellent. We had our wedding and reception there with 75 guests for an all-in cost of about $12.5K. Obviously that's still a lot... but it's WAAAY less than many of my friends have spent for similar-sized weddings. And that's even considering we bought the most expensive package (the "Dream" package), which included almost everything we needed from food to photographer. That made everything much less stressful b/c we just got to pick vendors/food/cake, etc... we didn't have to shop for each individually.

The package even included a horse-drawn carriage entrance for my wife (and exit for us)! The only thing we provided outside of the package was the alcohol (which was actually great, b/c we were able to get it super cheap from Costco). Bar service WAS included, so we just had to bring the alcohol and Forrest Hills took care of it from there.

The food was fantastic. All our guests said so. The prime rib... vegetable lasagna... candied carrots... it was all excellent!

In short, our experience with Forrest Hills was great! I can't recommend it enough.

Jenny · Married on 11/14/2015

We came here for our honeymoon and got the deluxe package. When we arrived in the room there was champagne waiting for us, which was very nice. We booked the wilderness lodge, which had a HUGE garden tub with jets, super relaxing, many naps taken there! Our package also included an hour long, in-room couples massage, a dinner in their secret garden dining room, and a picnic lunch packed for us to go explore the area. Free breakfast is always included, and it is AMAZING. The biscuits and gravy were the best I've ever had and my fiancee loved the sausage. They also had pancakes, eggs, grits, bacon and either hash browns or some other potato. They also had something sweet, usually mini muffins, which were killer.

Everyone was incredibly friendly and we had a wonderful time. We didn't want to ride any horses but we went down to the stable anyway, and they let us hang out and pet the horses and just enjoy the atmosphere. My only complaint was the pillows...they are very long and they give you 4, but they were flat and my neck was hurting by the end of the trip. I would recommend bringing your own if you come. That's honestly the worst thing I have to say about this place, we already can't wait to go back!

Jennifer · Married on 09/26/2015

Forrest Hills Mountain Resort was the perfect wedding venue! We originally planned an outdoor gazebo service, with our reception in the Mountain Laurel Inn reception area. Due to weather, we were able to move the wedding indoors to the onsite chapel the morning of the service with no disruption to the plans. Kathy Major, the onsite wedding planner, was amazing and very patient walking us through the several months of planning! She's worth her weight in gold!!! We reserved the Mountain Laurel Inn with 12 suites to accommodate all of our wedding party and made a wonderful weekend getaway out of it. EVERYONE had a great time and had nothing but wonderful things to say about the rehearsal night, wedding, reception, and venue. The wedding cake and other brides cake were incredible. We couldn't have been more pleased with how our special day (...weekend) turned out. Thank you so much!!!! Jen & Mhandi Elliott

Brittney · Married on 09/20/2015

Kathy was my.wedding coordinator and she was wonderful. Very helpful and understanding. The cabin was lovely. The food was great. Our wedding was beautiful. They helped me so much with everything, and made it very special for us.

Very beautiful spot to get married if you love the outdoors!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/12/2015

Gorgeous venue! They made my wedding perfect and stress free. They food was delicious at the reception and the Cinderella castle cake was gorgeous! My favorite thing that they do, which is unique, was riding up to the ceremony Cinderella-style in a white horse drawn carriage!!!

Lezlie · Married on 04/18/2015

I don’t even know where to being. My husband were married at Forrest Hills April 18th. Since then, all we have done is talk about how “perfect”, “magical” and “the best ever” our wedding was. This site will not allow me to post the 2 page letter review I sent to Forrest Hills, so I am going to try and condense it here.

Forrest Hills is the PERFECT place to host your family for the wedding weekend of your dreams. We had approximately 40 guests and everyone agreed what an amazing time it was getting to spend it together all in one place.

The grounds of Forrest Hills are the absolute perfect setting for the most magical wedding you could imagine. Flowers are blooming everywhere, trees are overhead, birds are chirping. It is literally something out of a fairytale.

The food at the reception was just wonderful. We opted for the prime rib upgrade on one of our entree choices and were not disappointed at all. The carving station added a very elegant touch to our dinner buffet. The cake, which is also included with their packages was GORGEOUS and our guests raved for days about how great it was.

The icing on the cake for me though, was the in-house wedding coordinator, Kathy Major and her team. I cannot thank her enough for everything she did for us. They know what they are doing. Kathy was there for me via email every step in planning our wedding. Once we arrived at Forrest Hills, I knew everything was going to be perfect. Forrest Hills handled everything immediately, professionally and made sure that I, my husband and our entire family were happy, well looked after and had the time of our lives.

I would have ZERO reservations in recommending Forrest Hills for your wedding. I can say without a doubt that our wedding was literally my dream wedding and it was the best day of my life. I hope we can go back someday just to remember how amazing it was - because I will never get over it. Do not hesitate to choose Forrest Hills for your wedding.

Kate · Married on 11/08/2014

Great rehearsal dinner. Excellent food. Perfect accommodations for our wedding party and most family members! Beautiful location, too.

Sylvia · Married on 11/01/2014

My husband and I celebrated our 40th Wedding renewal at the Forrest Hills Mountain Resort this past weekend. I booked this resort sight unseen and was overwhelmend by the kindness and hospitality of the staff. Kathy Major is the best wedding planner! This two day celebration was spectacular! The resort and their staff did everything to accommodate us for the Chuck Wagon Ride that had to be relocated due to bad weather. Dave and Michelle thank you so much for putting up with 56 people from all over the country. The Mt Laurel Inn was set up beautifully for the the wedding dinner. Thank you for making our family and friends part of your family. The food was scrumptious - my family can't stop talking about the spinach fritta, the egg plant soup, the roast beef, etc, it was all out of this world. Jose and I can't thank you enough for what you did to make this celebration special for us.

melissa · Married on 08/30/2014

My husband and I had the destination wedding package with Forrest Hills. We decided to get married there because Forrest Hills was the site of our first weekend away together labor day in 2013 so we got married labor day weekend 2014. We had a small and intimate wedding at the gazebo. Our wedding party stayed in the Mountain Laurel Lodge for the weekend. I already knew the food would be great and it was. The lodge was perfect, maybe needs some updating but that is clearly on the resorts radar already with all the cabin renovations they've done and I was happy to score the lodge before it did undergo a renovation and warrant a higher rate. The value for what you get is amazing. I rode in on a horse drawn carriage, my cake was included and it was just as I wanted it, the setting was beautiful. I'm very happy with every aspect of my wedding and I'm sure we'll return as guests in the future.

angie · Married on 10/13/2013

This place was perfect for our medium outdoor wedding. the price was great. the food was great. the place is beautiful and serene. the amount of things included in their packages is awesome. Kathy did a great job running the show smoothly and was very flexible with us when we had things come up before the wedding. The cabin we stayed in was very romantic and comfortable. Definitely going back!!

Billie · Married on 10/05/2013

Forrest Hills resort was a wonderful place to get married. The staff was wonderful and the food was amazing. Everything ran smoothly. I would definitely recommend this venue.

Heidi · Married on 09/14/2013

I had a small family wedding at Forrest Hills Secret Garden and had the fairytale package. Excellent set up for ceremony and reception, absolutely beautiful ceremony in secret garden. All venues, including cake, hair stylist and photographer were on spot. I also went on the chuck wagon ride and that was a lot of fun. We stayed in the Oriole cabin which was very nice and clean.
    We will be going back in the future for getaway vacations.

-Heidi

Lori · Married on 06/15/2013

My now husband and I decided to put together a last minute wedding (we put the whole hing together in two months). The wedding planner at Forrest Hills resort was very accomadating to our needs. Everything came together beautifully, she handled setting everything up with the vendors and coordinating the times for everything to occur the day of. I would definetly reccomend using them as a wedding and reception venue. my husband and I agree that the wedding exceeded our expectations and all of our guests say that the wedding was a lot of fun and memorable.

Laurel · Married on 11/05/2012

I knew for years that Forrest Hills would be the perfect venue for my destination Fall wedding, but I never dreamed that it would turn out as perfect as it did! Their experience planning events and family atmosphere immediately set me at ease when I scouted the location, and Kathy was amazing at wrangling all of my requests, guests, and late night emergencies! Not going with a traditional location for my reception, they offered the convention center for my use and I could not have been happier with the result. I was allowed in the night before to set up my decorations and favors and even used all of my flowers after the reception to decorate my honeymoon cabin. If you are looking for an all inclusive and affordable mountain venue, look no farther than Forrest Hills. I left the beaches of Florida for the mountains of Dahlonega and couldn't be happier with my decision!!