Forrest Hills Mountain Resort Reviews

77 | Dahlonega, GA

77 Reviews for Forrest Hills Mountain Resort

• Alexander

Alexander Cowan · Getting married on 06/01/2021

We had the best experience

Getting married at Forrest Hills was the absolute best thing we could've done! Levi, our event coordinator was amazing. Very attentive, confident in what he does, dots all the i's and crosses all the t's for every detail you didn't initially think about, has a network of wedding vendors that you can trust, I could go on and on. The venue itself was perfect for us. It was a big hit to all our guests that the wedding chapel, reception room and places to sleep were all on the same property and very close to one another. Breakfast every day was delicious! As was the food we selected for the reception. All around, we had a near perfect experience.

Sent on 01/29/2020

Patti Ferullo · Getting married on 09/12/2020

Magical Wedding!

My son and daughter in law got married this past weekend at Forrest Hills and it was nothing but magical. Everyone that attended kept telling us what a beautiful wedding it was . It started with the Chuck Wagon experience Friday evening for the rehearsal dinner. Although it was cold, the food, fire, family and friends made it wonderful. Levi, our outstanding wedding coordinator, could not have been more helpful and reassuring from the moment we met him! Thank you to all of the staff at Forrest Hills for making this the best weekend ever! We will be back to visit!

Sent on 12/23/2019
  • Erica

Erica De La Torre · Getting married on 04/02/2020

Best Wedding Spot EVER!!

Our dream wedding came true at Forrest Hills Resort thanks to our wonderful and outstanding easy going wedding coordinator Levi Hansard who ensured every step of the way that every detail was perfect. What an amazing experience at this perfect romantic yet family oriented spot. We did not endure any stress on our big day thanks to all the hard work Levi and all the wonderful staff at Forrest Hill Resort provided. Their level of service is amazing, they all make you feel at home and very comfortable. Thank you all at Forrest Hills for building our wonderful memory of a lifetime which will forever cherish. We will definitely return next year to celebrate our one year anniversary .

Sent on 05/07/2019

Danielle Kitts · Married on 02/12/2020

Exceeded Expectations

Once we narrowed in on a total number that was going to be about 80 total people, we searched for a facility that would provide a 'destination wedding' type of atmosphere. Forest Hills provided an ideal environment for this that was easy on our budget. We were able to gather with family and friends starting on Friday, starting the celebration early late into Friday evening, no one had to drive anywhere after, just walk to their rooms that were all under the same roof. Day of the wedding, the chapel was exactly what my daughter was looking for, providing a classy, intimate environment. Being able to have the reception in the same place that we were also staying was incredible. The formal reception may have ended at 8pm, but the celebration went way later in the night than that. The food was spectacular and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Levi was amazing and was always there at just the right times and offering his advice when needed. For us, we wanted our daughter and son-in-law to have the wedding they dreamed of and it was exactly that. Beyond that, all the guests raved about the facilities and called it an 'epic wedding' and 'one for the ages'. We couldn't have been more satisfied with our wedding experience at Forest Hills.

Sent on 12/18/2019

Karen Monk · Married on 01/18/2020

The most beautiful, wonderful, amazing, magical and fun wedding I have w Er been a part of!

My daughter’s wedding at Forrest Hills Resort. From our first experience with Levi though today we have never had a second thought about our choice of Forrest Hills. Levi and his staff were knowledgeable, responsive and understood my daughter’s wedding vision from the beginning. Nothing seemed to surprise or irritate them. Every vendor that Levi gave us information in was professional and easy to work with. Our wedding weekend could not have been more perfect! Every single guest had a great time and particularly enjoyed having all the events and festivities at the resort. I have been told repeatedly that this mother of the bride did not forget a single detail. That credit goes to Levi! The day of the wedding was cold and it rained but that didn’t make a big difference in our total enjoyment! I cannot say enough about how thrilled we were with everything. Highly, highly recommend! We will never forget what a wonderful wedding and great time we had. Thank you Levi for all you did for us!

Sent on 01/26/2020

Darlene Brown · Married on 01/04/2020

"Best wedding ever!" - every single guest

The staff at Forrest Hills is superior. Every single person from Reggie, the chef, to Levi, the wedding manager, was incredible. Accommodating doesn't even begin to cover it and I cannot recommend this venue enough. My guests have been raving about the venue since they got there and most claim it to be the best wedding they have ever attended. The lodges are great and being able to spend time together in the common rooms is awesome.
    Levi is quite honestly the best wedding coordinator I have ever worked with. He is probably the single most reason the wedding went off without a hitch. Many thanks to him and the staff at FHR.

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Holli

Holli Smilow · Married on 12/21/2019

Winter Wedding Dream

Forrest Hills was the perfect background for a fairytale wedding in every season and guests love staying at the resort too! From their cabins to their lodges there is a place for everyone to stay comfortably and happily. Breakfast was always delicious and the front office and their staff are some of the nicest people around. I have nothing but great things to say about this resort and Levi, the wedding coordinator, makes planning weddings so much better! He worked with my people and I from the start and was a complete delight! Thanks for everything Forrest Hills!

Sent on 01/04/2020

Celeste Freeman · Married on 12/14/2019

Detail oriented

Our daughter’s wedding was perfect. The rehearsal dinner had a few snags but Levi went out of his way to make it all right once he was made aware of the snags. The venue is so quiet and beautiful. It may be a little rustic for some but we loved that. We had thank you gifts that they put out at each seat and we brought some gold accessories that they placed around the reception hall for us. We would definitely use this venue again. We have 2 other daughters. :)

Sent on 01/01/2020
  • Helen

Helen Rice Lake · Married on 11/09/2019

Absolutely perfect

Our wedding and our entire experience could not have been better, from beginning to end. Levi was responsive, knowledge, and accommodating throughout the entire planning period. We just loved spending the weekend with our closest family and friends and making memories together. The food was just exceptional!! From the buffet to the cake, so many of our guests raved to us about the food. The service was also top notch. We feel lucky to have found this perfect spot for our perfect day!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Reesa

Reesa Cole · Married on 11/02/2019

Forrest Hills is amazing!

To start of with, the venue itself is just gorgeous! You have multiple sites to choose from. I went with the outside Secret Garden. Perfect for smaller weddings like mine. The staff was so super friendly! We never felt rushed or like we were a burden. They helped keep things running smoothly. And the wedding coordinator was Amazing! Very easy to communicate with, and very quick response time. He helped walk us through every little step. He was there for set up, the ceremony and clean up. And made sure multiple times that we had everything we needed. I get stressed very easily, but everything went so perfectly that I was able to enjoy every moment. The food was delicious! My guests were so impressed. Said it was the best wedding food they had ever had. And the cake(which is included with the food and venue) was gorgeous! Best price I could find for a pretty much all inclusive package, and planning was made so easy. I just can't say enough great things about Levi(the wedding coordinator) and Forrest Hills resort!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Missy

Missy Rampley Waddell · Married on 10/13/2019

Beautiful, Memory Making, Budget Friendly

Forrest Hills really has it all. Levi is amazing and always responds quickly and is a great problem solver. Any issue we came up with was answered and taken care of quickly.
    He was flexible and easy to deal with. He always made me feel comfortable and confident. The day of the wedding was no exception. Everything was beautiful and ran smoothly. I do suggest explaining your vision to not only Levi but to as many, as will listen in your group. LOL. The master of ceremony and then a person who can support you and direct people at the ceremony practice (I chose my bridesmaid who has a lot of bridesmaid experience) are both very important to ensure things go as planned. TBH, by the time the day came, I had zero nerves about the wedding. What a blessing.
    The venue is rustic and mountainy. We enjoyed having a lodge where our whole family and wedding party could all be together for a weekend event. No matter what the need was it was always handled timely. We actually had NO issues bc things were all in place as promised. Everyone was pleased and we heard no complaints about the lodge or venue. We were able to get a massage on the day of our rehearsal to calm our stresses. We also had a bridal suite to dress and the groomsmen had a suite in the chapel too.
    The Secret Garden allowed us to have an intimate and beautiful ceremony and reception. I was skeptical about the layout of the restaurant, but when the time came it worked great! We were able to eat and interact with our guests with ease. It was also easy to see the smiles on our guest's faces from our sweetheart table setup. The food was excellent. Seasoned and cooked to perfection. Honestly. We had visited several times to preview food quality and went to the Bridal show, which I highly recommend, so we knew the food would be great. Then there is Ms. Donna who does the cakes for the venue, one word AMAZING. The cake was not only beautiful but delicious! People are still talking about that cake two weeks later! She was beyond easy to work with and she followed every direction to the tee. She also made cookies for us to give as favors. They were actually kinda complicated and they were to the letter of perfect too.
    Lastly, the cost factor compared to other venues is VALUE. The billing was never about gouging us, as a matter of fact, they worked things around us. The final bill was exactly what it was supposed to be and there were NO SURPRISES. Levi handled all of those details too. Levi followed up during the weekend off and on to ensure that we were all taken care of. They had three weddings that weekend and we only saw one of them in passing, so there was plenty of venue for all. It felt like we were all alone as a group most of the time.
    Levi even sent us a sweet message while we were on our honeymoon too.
    We were pleased, and now we are on to live happily ever after.
    The Andersen's

Sent on 10/25/2019

Desiree and Seth Nixon · Married on 10/11/2019

Fabulous Fall Wedding Spot

Levi Hansard did a fabulous job ensuring everything ran smoothly and matched my wedding day vision. He went above and beyond to provide me with a unique wedding experience and allowed me to be picky about the things that mattered most to my husband and I on our wedding day. This resort is a hidden gem, tucked away in a beautifully rustic woodsy area. The large gazebo where our ceremony was held provided plenty of open green space and a landscaped area perfect for photos. A stone walkway to the gazebo steps provided the perfect stability for elegantly walking down the isle in heels.
    The atmosphere felt like my ideal mixture of garden and rustic wedding, and Levi helped me maintain that aesthetic in my ceremony and reception. I am so proud of the way my wedding day turned out.
    If you choose to let Levi help coordinate your wedding event, you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Millie

Millie Wells · Married on 08/31/2019

The Perfect Day!

Levi made the day! I didn’t have to be concerned with any of the major details because he handled everything and assured me it was going to be perfect!! It was actually more than perfect! We were able to incorporate our fun and spunky ideas and had so much fun!

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Drew

Drew Miller · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing Value and Experience

Forrest Hills was all we could ask for and more. It was an exceptional value and created the perfect, intimate wedding we were looking for. Levi was great!

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Kory

Kory · Married on 06/15/2019

Beyond perfect!

Levi is absolutely amazing. He exceeded my expectations helping me pull all the details together for the wedding. I always felt like I could go to him when I was struggling and he always replied in a very timely manner. The ceremony and reception sites were absolutely beautiful. The wait staff at the reception were incredibly kind and attentive. We had lots of family stay at the resort and they loved it as well. I couldn't have picked a better place to get married.

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha Tinsley · Married on 05/25/2019

Perfect Wedding

We had our wedding here on May 25th, 2019. This venue is beautiful! Levi, the Director of Events, was very helpful and prompt in answering all questions that we had (either in person, over phone, or over email). We loved that this venue was all inclusive, as I did not want to spend loads of time planning the wedding and finding a lot of vendors. If you are looking for an all inclusive, beautiful, laid back wedding venue - this is it!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • W

Wendy Goldstein · Married on 05/18/2019

Forrest Hills

Amazing weekend thanks to the staff. Very friendly and professional. Would highly recommend to anyone considering a wedding Georgia or destination. They were amazing!!!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Sarah Abney · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing place with the most wonderful people!!

This place was everything we were looking for and so much more! Levi was a dream to work with and extreamly knowledgeable about everything. My Husband and I had a hundred questions, changed our preferences a couple of times and ended up with a wedding/reception even more beautiful and magical then we ever dreamed of. We live 6 hours away from Dahlonega, GA so everything was done by phone and email and Levi stayed on top of everything from day one. Some people thought I was crazy to choose a place so far away where I couldn't be more hands on. Levi was so open and accommodating through the whole process that I felt very comfortable and extreamly happy to be working with him. We went with the Secret Garden package which was perfect for our needs, budget and family size. The reception hall was decorated better than I ever could have imagined and the food was so delicious. We also took advantage for Forrest Hills week long promotion and Honeymooned in their Cupids Hideout cabin for a week. Everyone at Forrest Hills was amazing and friendly!! The staff was very knowledgeable about the area and had lots of ideas on things for us to do. Every morning we got an amazing breakfast that overlooked the spot where we got married which just made our stay even better!! I highly recommend Forrest Hills Resort as a wedding venue, Honeymoon destination or just for a quite place to get away from it all and relax. We will definalty be coming back to visit in the future!

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 04/27/2019

Wedding experience

I recently had my wedding ceremony and receptionation at Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center. It was very convenient to have the ceremony and reception venues together on the same property. It was also convenient to have packages to choose from. This made wedding planning much easier. In addition, the packages are very well-priced. Thanks to our wedding coordinator, Levi, everything ran smoothly leading up to the wedding and the day-of. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 05/13/2019

Charlotte Hayes · Married on 04/20/2019

Absolutely great experience.

Definitely recommend Forrest Hills. My granddaughter's wedding this past weekend was supposed to be an outdoor wedding but it rained all day and they did everything possible until the last minute to accommodate her wishes for outside. We ended up moving it indoors to the reception room which was beautiful. Levi, the wedding coordinator, was awesome and did a beautiful job decorating and working with us throughout the entire process. The whole staff was very courteous and helpful. It was definitely a great experience and recommended to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 04/23/2019

Ansley Wright · Married on 04/20/2019

Levi was amazing!

Levi made my day beautiful. He was always there to answer my questions and help when needed. His taste and style is impeccable. If I had to get married again I would use him over and over!!! He fixed ALL of my wedding day crisis. I could NOT have done it without him. Levi, you rock! Thank you for everything.

Sent on 05/06/2019

Paul Price · Married on 03/31/2019

They delivered an amazing wedding weekend

Levi and the entire staff at Forrest Hills Resort were amazing! We extended our son's wedding into an entire family reunion weekend (Friday to Monday), housing everyone in 2 of the resort's lodges, which included common areas where the family could gather, eat and party. Sunday night's wedding went off flawlessly despite the fact that an extra 12 people showed up unexpectedly - Levi was un-flustered and dealt with that and any other issues that came up personally, going way beyond the call of duty. His careful attention to detail, friendliness and availability to us during the planning stages helped pull off a beautiful and memorable weekend for everyone. I would HIGHLY recommend Levi and Forrest Hills Resort for your wedding.

Sent on 04/07/2019

Brenda · Married on 03/31/2019

Brenda Roberts

This venue was the best! They made the wedding experience as stress-free as possible! Absolutely beautiful scenery and service!

Sent on 05/01/2019

Patricia Redfern · Married on 03/16/2019

The Perfect Day!

Everything about our experience at Forrest Hills, from our initial meeting with the wedding coordinator, Levi, to the big day was amazing! We fell in love with the scenery immediately, and after meeting with Levi we knew this was where we were meant to get married. We went into this kind of knowing what we wanted, but not really knowing where to start. Levi was so easy to work with, so welcoming, very responsive, and knew exactly how to guide us through the entire process so we ended up with exactly what we wanted.

After a beautiful ceremony, we had an awesome reception, with friendly and attentive staff, fantastic food, and delicious cake. The cake artist who works with Forrest Hills, Donna, was also amazing. She brought our cake ideas to life and we ended up with our visions on a plate, and every guest commented on how tasty they were, and the cakes really were yummy!

Thank you Levi and Forrest Hills! You made our wedding perfect!

Sent on 03/17/2019

Forrest Hills Mountain Resort's reply:

Tricia & Matt aka "Groomzilla"

My world is brighter and more beautiful because of couples like you. :) I am honored you chose Forrest Hills Resort as your wedding destination.

Best,

Levi H. Hansard
    Director of Events
    Forrest Hills Resort
    706-864-6456

Jordan Sherrill · Married on 02/16/2019

Sherrill Wedding 2019

Our wedding was everything we dreamed of!! Levi Hansard by far net all our needs and then some!

Sent on 04/19/2019