Forrest Hills Mountain Resort Reviews

100 | Dahlonega, GA

100 Reviews for Forrest Hills Mountain Resort

Nikki · Getting married on 09/22/2021

The Perfect Place for Your Perfect Day

I would highly recommend having your wedding at Forrest Hills Resort! I had my wedding at Forrest Hills Resort this past October and words alone cannot describe the wonderful time I had. My husband and I decided to have our wedding ceremony at the Fox Hollow Wedding Garden on the resort and our reception at the Rose Garden Dining Room. It was beautiful and efficiently coordinated.

When we first were perusing the resort for a decision on a venue, we met Levi, the wedding coordinator, at Forrest Hills. Levi was so kind and up front about the whole wedding package and process. My husband and I were married during the pandemic where we had to make some changes to the wedding plans. Levi was so organized, empathetic and flexible with us during the entire wedding process from the start of planning to the end of the reception.

Overall, Forrest Hills was the perfect place to have our special day and will definitely be back to celebrate anniversaries in the future!

Sent on 11/13/2020
  • Alexander

Alexander C. · Getting married on 06/01/2021

We had the best experience

Getting married at Forrest Hills was the absolute best thing we could've done! Levi, our event coordinator was amazing. Very attentive, confident in what he does, dots all the i's and crosses all the t's for every detail you didn't initially think about, has a network of wedding vendors that you can trust, I could go on and on. The venue itself was perfect for us. It was a big hit to all our guests that the wedding chapel, reception room and places to sleep were all on the same property and very close to one another. Breakfast every day was delicious! As was the food we selected for the reception. All around, we had a near perfect experience.

Sent on 01/29/2020

Melanie F. · Married on 05/01/2021

What’s a better word than perfect?

The garden was gorgeous! The staff was so helpful and friendly. We took advantage of the Chuck wagon dinner the evening before our wedding and I’ll admit, I was blown away! It’s an experience for the whole family that is well worth it. Right down to the small details everything was wonderful! Love Forest Hills!!

Sent on 05/05/2021
  • Mandy

Mandy S. · Married on 04/24/2021

Absolutely amazing!

From the very first time I reached out to Forrest Hills Resort, Levi was very quick to respond and was always so kind and patient while answering my endless amount of questions. We decided to have a destination wedding at FHR so there were many questions and things to figure out while being so far away and he never hesitated to answer all my questions and keep my worries at ease! Thankfully for Levi I never had to stress much or worry about anything because he had everything planned out and knew what he was doing. He has done so many weddings and really knows what he’s doing, and it shows through his work. I will forever recommend Forrest Hills Resort! The package my husband and I purchased included everything and more for such an amazing price. It even included an amazing cake by a personal Cake Baker, Donna was awesome and the Cake was fantastic. It was exactly what we wanted! We couldn’t of been happier! Levi was an awesome coordinator and kept everything and everyone in line. Even when we had bad weather conditions come up last minute he figured everything out for us and walked us through it all. We never would of been able to make it such a memorable day without his help! Everything was all around amazing and we are forever grateful for Forrest Hills Resort and their amazing staff! 5 stars!! We can’t wait to come back for our anniversary 😁

Sent on 05/01/2021
  • Clover

Clover B. · Married on 02/14/2021

The most beautiful valentine wedding

The food at Forrest Hills Mountain resort is absolutely delicious! The property is really pretty and The cabins are nice. It was such a pleasure working with Levi Hansard. My beautiful Valentine wedding had zero hiccups. My guests could not quit telling me how perfect everything was.

Sent on 02/19/2021
  • Jackie

Jackie R. · Married on 02/13/2021

Flawless, would highly recommend

Our Vow Renewal started as a last minute decision 3 weeks before our event. From our first phone call with Levi until our final goodbye the morning after nothing could have went smoother. We told him many times “we don’t know what we’re doing” so he continued to guide us along the way and helped us plan an entire wedding in 3 weeks. We never felt pressure or like we were under a time crunch (even though poor Levi was probably going crazy behind the scenes) he never once projected anything onto us other than pure joy and excitement. We truly left the resort feeling as if we had made a connection and will be spending our anniversaries there in the future. I would highly recommend Forrest Hills resort if you are considering an all inclusive stress free venue for your wedding. ❤️

Sent on 02/17/2021

Michelle T. · Married on 02/06/2021

................

Just overall amazing experience. Couldn't have asked for a better day.

Sent on 02/09/2021
  • Karen

Karen Y. · Married on 11/21/2020

Wedding Weekend

We were so pleased with our wedding weekend at Forrest Hills. Everything went so smoothly. We couldn’t have asked for a better venue. All of our guests were able to stay at the lodge with us and celebrate.
    Levi and his team did an amazing job coordinating everything. We can’t wait to go back and rent a cabin for a quiet weekend away.

Sent on 11/24/2020
  • Maegan

Maegan C. · Married on 11/01/2020

Beautiful Venue!

My husband and I got married here in October. Everything about the venue was perfect - the scenery, the food, the decor, the staff - I have absolutely nothing bad to say! I recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for planning to be simple and for the event to be stunning. The venue provides chairs for the ceremony and seating and decor for the reception. The catering is done through the venue as well, which was great. Easy to book and great food. The packages they offer are GREAT deals for the services they provide. There are indoor and outdoor options for larger ceremonies, and other options for smaller ceremonies. Levi is very responsive, friendly and accommodating. I will certainly recommend FHR to other couples!

Sent on 10/19/2020
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 10/20/2020

Magical day!

Levi made my wedding a dream come true! Truly the most incredible experience with the most incredible coordinator. We had a tight budget and we were lucky enough to stay under with this beautifully breathtaking venue. I couldn’t have asked for a better day! Thank you Forrest Hills for making our wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 06/23/2020

Forrest Hills Mountain Resort's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! What an honor to host you and yours here at Forrest Hills Resort! Love always wins.

Lester M. · Married on 10/11/2020

Markle Shimmin wedding

Forrest Hills Resort is all inclusive with excellent friendly staff that will cater to all your needs. Mary is always there to answer any questions you or your family might have, and Levi's personality and professionalism stood out above any other. We could not have asked for nicer people or a more beautiful venue. The chef and his crew's food was absolutely excellent.

Sent on 10/26/2020

Patti F. · Married on 09/12/2020

Magical Wedding!

My son and daughter in law got married this past weekend at Forrest Hills and it was nothing but magical. Everyone that attended kept telling us what a beautiful wedding it was . It started with the Chuck Wagon experience Friday evening for the rehearsal dinner. Although it was cold, the food, fire, family and friends made it wonderful. Levi, our outstanding wedding coordinator, could not have been more helpful and reassuring from the moment we met him! Thank you to all of the staff at Forrest Hills for making this the best weekend ever! We will be back to visit!

Sent on 12/23/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer C. · Married on 09/05/2020

Wonderful!

Package pricing is very fair, and the wedding coordinator Levi was the best! We couldn't have done it without him! The fact that the venue packages come with the coordinator is A++. The food and cake and scenery were all wonderful too!

Sent on 09/15/2020
  • Dumitritsa

Dumitritsa P. · Married on 09/04/2020

Forrest Hills Wedding

I can not rave enough about how amazing of an experience I had with Levi and his team at Forrest Hills. They made my wedding day an absolute breeze and I really needed it. Levi was there to help and answer calls with anything I needed. My day turned out beautiful, and my husband and I plan on coming back to stay at the resort♥️.

Sent on 09/16/2020

Alice G. · Married on 08/15/2020

Son's wedding

Fantastic experience all around. Great venue, great people. Lots to offer. Rented the Tree Topper lodge and had a great two nights with family and close friends. Florist, cake, DJ, catering, horses, all 5 stars. We hated for it to be over. Thank you, Forrest Hills Resort for the great memories for the couple and family and friends.❤🥂🎂💐🍺

Sent on 08/21/2020
  • CASSANDRA

Cassandra E. · Married on 08/08/2020

A whimsical carefree fun wedding

My name is Casey Craig as of 8.8.2020. This past weekend I got married at Forrest hills and let me tell you the experience was nothing but perfect. From the moment I met Levi to tour the venue to nailing down the small details , Levi was there EVERY step of the way. He was just what my wedding needed! Levi is low key (barefoot a lot of the time) but still holds a level of professionalism. He kept me calm through it all , which was not always an easy task. He was an asset to my wedding. The venue was amazing in itself. We decided to do the “chuck wagon” rehearsal dinner. Let me tell you that this dinner is ANYTHING but typical and that’s what we wanted. We were all loaded up into wagons and hay rides and carried deep into the woods which made my guests a little nervous (lol all part of my master plan). When we arrived at what seemed to be an abandon cabin in the woods with torches ,creeks , bugs, a fire pit, and string lighting throughout ... I heard a group of 50 day “ WOAHHH” all at the same time. People were barefoot stomping through the creek and the kids were chasing the lightening bugs, adults were playing horseshoes and people were dancing. Honestly writing about it makes me tear up because it was everything I imagined when I said I don’t want a “stuffy fancy rehearsal dinner” I wanted a place for people to be themselves, to be whimsical and free... a place they could be kids again. This is exactly what I got with Forrest hills. My wedding in itself was perfection. The reception hall is huge and the outside ceremony site was gorgeous. Although we didn’t have a serious typical wedding, we had a FUN wedding. We had a wedding where people could be 100% transparent and just be THEM. I couldn’t have pulled this off without Levi or Forrest hills as a whole. I will literally recommend them to all my friends until one of us dies. Levi thank you for everything, I couldn’t have asked for literally anything better.

Sent on 08/10/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth M. · Married on 08/01/2020

Amazing experience

Levi and his staff at Forrest Hills helped make our son's wedding and events surrounding it wonderful. Weddings are stressful anyway with all the planning but add a pandemic in and it just adds even more stress. Levi and staff made it perfect. The rehearsal was great and the wedding was beautiful. We had no stress added to our load because they took care of everything. Wonderful experience! Beautiful settings inside and out.

Sent on 08/06/2020

Amanda L. · Married on 08/01/2020

Everything you could hope for!

Forrest Hills Secret Garden Wedding was absolutely perfect! Got a mini family vacation included with a wedding. Levi made sure there was absolutely no stress. Was supposed to rain the 1st night. When we arrived the covered wagon ride and BBQ at river was already set up inside for us and we were able to ride with the horses before the rain hit. They already had everything planned out. Slight change in reception location due to Covid 19. Everything was already taken care of. We had to do nothing. Decor was gorgeous. Cake by Donna was delicious. Everything included with one price, including the bride and groom staying an extra week for honeymoon. Cabin was fantastic and Levi checked on us throughout the week. I can not express our gratitude and appreciation to Forrest Hills Resort, especially Levi.

Sent on 08/08/2020

Jessica H. · Married on 07/26/2020

Once in a lifetime experience

We wanted to let everyone know just how SPECTACULAR our wedding was. First of all, Levi is hands down the most thorough, attentive, and flat out fantastic wedding coordinator you will find anywhere. The resort is fortunate to have him. The venue is gorgeous, the views are spectacular, and the photo opportunities are endless. Thank you to all of the support staff who made our day go so smooth and with a single hitch!!! I would rate 10 stars if I could.

Sent on 07/28/2020

Jill V. · Married on 06/27/2020

Forrest Hills Resort far surpassed our expectations! It was the perfect day for our daughter.

Our experience at Forrest Hills Resort was the BEST ever. Levi, the wedding coordinator was amazing. He answered every email, every phone call (and believe me there was alot) very quickly. He helped us with every single detail and most importantly he was so happy to do so! He shared in our excitement and that is what made our whole experience so amazing. The value at Forrest Hills Resort is unmatched and it is the most beautiful venue. Rustic Farmhouse Charm nestled in the woods. I cannot say enough of how pleased we were. I sincerely hope our other daughter wants to get married here! 😊

Sent on 08/04/2020

Ariel · Married on 05/25/2020

Simply Magical

Forrest Hills Resort was absolutely amazing! The staff was so courteous and helpful the entire weekend, and Levi was completely wonderful. All my questions were answered along the way, and the resort was very accomodating with all the COVID -19 changes that were needed. Thank you for making our special day so magical!

Sent on 06/26/2020
  • Erica

Erica T. · Married on 04/02/2020

Best Wedding Spot EVER!!

Our dream wedding came true at Forrest Hills Resort thanks to our wonderful and outstanding easy going wedding coordinator Levi Hansard who ensured every step of the way that every detail was perfect. What an amazing experience at this perfect romantic yet family oriented spot. We did not endure any stress on our big day thanks to all the hard work Levi and all the wonderful staff at Forrest Hill Resort provided. Their level of service is amazing, they all make you feel at home and very comfortable. Thank you all at Forrest Hills for building our wonderful memory of a lifetime which will forever cherish. We will definitely return next year to celebrate our one year anniversary .

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Linde

Linde · Married on 03/03/2020

Top notch from Day One!!!

Forrest Hills Mountain Resort not only met, but exceeded our expectations in every way, from the first contact via email and then phone! An exceptional resort that was built and has been owned and operated by the same family for 40 years and the brother and sister co-owners are present, involved and just as friendly as the staff. Jackie and all of the front desk staff were friendly, considerate, responsive, accommodating and respectful. The website is very detailed and comprehensive with lots of accurate photos. The way the resort and accommodations are described on the website are spot on and exactly how they are in person. We received a warm welcome and excellent service everywhere at the resort. There is plenty do to and see on the property and the staff is always happy to recommend and direct guests to all of the activities and attractions in the surrounding area. The accommodations have an exterior rustic look that blends in perfectly with the wooded grounds, yet the interior and amenities are contemporary and not just comfortable, but also luxurious. Hot tubs, fireplaces, private porches, comfortable beds, spacious and immaculate rooms that are tastefully decorated and every detail attended to. The food is consistently wonderful with a full hot breakfast provided each morning and excellent lunches and dinners that out a delightful gourmet spin on tried and true country cuisine favorites. We had our elopement and honeymoon there, and every detail was expertly attended to by the staff who made us feel welcomed and very special. Jackie, who also served as our officiant, went above and beyond to make alternative arrangements in the case of inclement weather which took away any anxiety we had about being rained on. We had a beautiful ceremony, carriage ride and candlelight dinner...it was amazing! We are planning a return visit in the Fall and for our anniversary in March and hopefully for many years to come. Forrest Hills was a wonderful and serendipitous find for us and we highly recommend it to anyone looking for a peaceful, beautiful getaway that is tucked away yet still close to quaint and historical downtown Dahlonega and many activities and area sights that aren't to be missed!! Exceptional!!

Sent on 03/10/2020

Danielle K. · Married on 02/12/2020

Exceeded Expectations

Once we narrowed in on a total number that was going to be about 80 total people, we searched for a facility that would provide a 'destination wedding' type of atmosphere. Forest Hills provided an ideal environment for this that was easy on our budget. We were able to gather with family and friends starting on Friday, starting the celebration early late into Friday evening, no one had to drive anywhere after, just walk to their rooms that were all under the same roof. Day of the wedding, the chapel was exactly what my daughter was looking for, providing a classy, intimate environment. Being able to have the reception in the same place that we were also staying was incredible. The formal reception may have ended at 8pm, but the celebration went way later in the night than that. The food was spectacular and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Levi was amazing and was always there at just the right times and offering his advice when needed. For us, we wanted our daughter and son-in-law to have the wedding they dreamed of and it was exactly that. Beyond that, all the guests raved about the facilities and called it an 'epic wedding' and 'one for the ages'. We couldn't have been more satisfied with our wedding experience at Forest Hills.

Sent on 12/18/2019

Karen M. · Married on 01/18/2020

The most beautiful, wonderful, amazing, magical and fun wedding I have w Er been a part of!

My daughter’s wedding at Forrest Hills Resort. From our first experience with Levi though today we have never had a second thought about our choice of Forrest Hills. Levi and his staff were knowledgeable, responsive and understood my daughter’s wedding vision from the beginning. Nothing seemed to surprise or irritate them. Every vendor that Levi gave us information in was professional and easy to work with. Our wedding weekend could not have been more perfect! Every single guest had a great time and particularly enjoyed having all the events and festivities at the resort. I have been told repeatedly that this mother of the bride did not forget a single detail. That credit goes to Levi! The day of the wedding was cold and it rained but that didn’t make a big difference in our total enjoyment! I cannot say enough about how thrilled we were with everything. Highly, highly recommend! We will never forget what a wonderful wedding and great time we had. Thank you Levi for all you did for us!

Sent on 01/26/2020