45 Reviews for Forrest Hills Mountain Resort

Dessert (2)
Stations (2)
House Beer (2)
House Wine (2)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Pet Friendly (1)
Champagne Toast (1)
43 Forrest Hills Mountain Resort Reviews

Private cabin King with Jacuzzi... we could not have made a better choice! My boyfriend and I have an unfortunate long distance relationships so our vacations together are very important. lts very hard when everything doesnt go perfectly. Our vacation at Forrest Hills was far beyond what we could have even dreamed of! Super private, wonderful view off the back porch in the mountains, had everything you need for an extended stay, the staff was almost too nice haha, very informative and helpful. It was very obvious they took pride in their resort! We even decided to take a horeback ride they day we were supposed to check out so they moved our time up so that we could enjoy the ride worry free! And oh my gosh was it a MUST! Im an experienced rider but my boyfriend is NOT. It was still beyond fun riding my gorgeous gal Starbright while he had her sister Starlight and they did fantastic! His horse easily followed mine and mine followed the guides but allowed me to guide and trot her how I would with my own horses. We will most definitely be holding our wedding here!

Photos
Profile Picture BRITTANY, 12/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding at Forrest Hills Mountain Resort on March 16, 2018. It is a fantastic venue! The owners and the staff went above and beyond to make sure my special day would be perfect- and it was. They were so accommodating and down to earth- unlike other wedding venues I checked out. The food was delicious and the wedding packages are such a great value! They also have amazing cabins and lodge rooms so all of my family, wedding party, and out of town guests could all stay at the same location. I would highly recommend them for your wedding or a romantic getaway!

Profile Picture Elaine, 3/16/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Parking, Wheelchair Access

The staff is great! Everyone loved the food and a cake it was absolutely amazing!

Profile Picture Quinchatta, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Wireless Internet

if less people show up, because of weather customers should get some money back.

That's what happened at my Wedding, people didn't want to travel because of bad weather

Profile Picture Jessica , 4/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Everything went perfectly! The planning, the wedding, the provided photographer, (when paid for) stylist were both amazing as well as the friendly staff!! Beautiful venue.

Profile Picture victoria, 4/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Photography

If you want a small, simple wedding in an outdoor setting, Forrest Hills was great and the reception food was very good.

Profile Picture James, 4/1/17, 1 Review
4.7

I am so glad that I chose Forrest Hills At Mountain View Resort my resort for my wedding. EVERYONE has said how much they enjoyed the wedding and all the people that stayed at the resort told me how much they enjoyed staying there. I am still getting calls from people saying how much fun they had at the wedding and it's almost a month later. We wanted this to be an event we're all her friends had fun and not just about us but a celebration. Forrest Hills helped us make that a reality by taking a lot of the stress off of us. There's always a few hiccups and the staff there always jumped right to helping us resolve any of those small issues that cropped up over all it was a huge success.

Profile Picture User4973727, 1+ year ago, 13 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

My husband and I just got married at Forrest Hills this past Saturday, and I have to say I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Everything was perfectly organized, and our needs were met with great ease. We both had a lot of out of town guests coming in from all over the place, and the front desk staff and maintenance were wonderful about making sure everyone was checked in and had everything they needed. Katt, the wedding coordinator and Michelle, the owner were on top of their game for the rehearsal Friday night. They walked us through everything so there would be no surprises on the wedding day. Then we had a great rehearsal dinner in the Hideaway dining room with pizza, wings, and beer. Everyone had a great time. They also made sure everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding. Traci, the dining supervisor seemed like she was everywhere at once! She was on top of everything and made sure everyone had a fantastic dining experience. All of our guests were raving about the food! Donna Cauller made a beautiful groom's cake and the most delicious cookies I've ever had! There were no surprises, every single thing that we asked for was provided beautifully. We will definitely be back for vacations and honeymoons!

Profile Picture User7880214, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
This review is currently being verified.

My Daughter and Son in law where married here on 9-10-16. We arrived on Friday 9-9-16 we where greeted at the front desk by the friendliest people. I checked in for the Deer Trail Lodge , Plus two other cabins we rented it was a fast check in. we had the rehearsal that evening at 5 and then the rehearsal dinner was catered back at our lodge. The food as great every thing we needed for a great evening the bridesmaids and groomsmen enjoyed hanging out playing corn hole on the porch. While the grandparents enjoyed the hot tub on the back deck a great evening was had by all.
The day of the wedding the girls headed to the salon where Jolie's day spa was there to take care of hair and make up. They sent over two amazing ladies and they did a great job!
The maintenance crew took care of seating up the Gazebo area checked with me to make sure we where happy with set up and did not need any thing else, when we ask for a table for the guest book it was there in a matter of minutes.
The Food was Amazing Traci made sure we where taken care of all weekend from the reception to the breakfast that came with our lodge, She made sure we got appetizers when we came in from photos since we missed that part of the reception, she definitely is worth her wait in gold. Even coming to our Lodge to pick up the grooms cake.
We also used there Dj Dominick from Pirone entertainment he was great played all our requested songs keep the party on the time line every one had such a great time.
We also had our wedding cake from there vender Cakes by Donna- Amazing every one is talking about the cake it was amazing!
Michelle the owner and Donna the Wedding Coordinator made sure we where taken care of they checked in own us to make sure we had every thing we needed and made sure my daughters weeding was perfect, even down to the horse drawn carriage entrance was timed perfectly.
Forrest hills is a great place to work with and I would use them for my next daughters wedding.

Profile Picture Carol, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

My husband and I could not have been more happy with our stay at Forrest Hills. It is an absolutely gorgeous place. The food was AMAZING. We met the owner one night (feeding the stray cats he cares for) and he was incredibly friendly and welcoming. Definitely planning on going back sometime. While it is listed as a ceremony/reception venue, we did not use those services. We stayed for our honeymoon after the wedding.

Profile Picture User5177830, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at Forrest Hills last weekend. Michelle (the owner) and her staff were amazing. We arrived a few days early and were instantly greeted by the friendly front desk staff. They made sure that we had everything that we needed and that everything was ready for all of our incoming guests. The night of the rehearsal it started to rain. All of the staff quickly organized us inside of the chapel so that we could have the rehearsal as planned. Once the weather let up, we then did the rehearsal outside, so that everything would go smoothly the next day. We were scheduled to do the wagon BBQ, but had to go to plan B because of the weather. Again the staff quickly set up the back up plan and we had a wonderful dinner with our guests. The food was fantastic and everyone loved the live music. The wedding the following day was scheduled to be outdoors, however, mother nature again had her own plans. We had a beautiful ceremony in the chapel and were able to go outside to take some pictures afterwards. The reception was in the Rose Garden Ballroom and was perfect. The food was amazing, and the wait staff were so accommodating. Traci made sure to save us some apps since we missed them for pictures. She then made sure that we had everything we needed and checked in with us periodically. The entire wedding weekend was more than I could ever imagine. All of the vendors that Forrest Hills recommended were wonderful and I couldn't ask for a more perfect wedding. Our guests all said that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I can not thank the staff at Forrest Hills enough for the wonderful experience we had there.
A special thank you to the vendors that Forrest Hills recommended as well:
Donna Cauller- Wedding cake and a grooms cake
Lauren's Floral- Flowers
Les Hanna- Photography
Jolie Day Spa- Hair/Makeup onsite
Gold City Corral- Rehearsal Dinner BBQ
Reggie- Chef for reception
Patricia Burgess- Officiant
Forrest Hills Staff- Wonderful!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We recently used Forrest Hills Resort as the venue for my son and now my daughter-in-law's wedding. The rehearsal was a dinner wagon ride to a rustic barn by a river. The wedding party got a big kick out of the horse drawn wagon ride to the venue. The resort had corn hole games, horse shoes, volley ball, darts and other games set up for the wedding party to enjoy. We also had some of the best grilled BBQ chicken & steak that we had eaten. The rehearsal dinner & wagon ride by the Gold City Corral staff was GREAT. Then the next day I think all hands at the resort were on deck for our wedding. We used the large outdoor gazebo for a rustic theme & it was beautiful. Everyone at the resort went above & beyond to try to make my son's & new daughter-in-law's day special and I do mean everyone including - maintenance, restaurant, housekeeping, linen, front office, the resort owners - literally everyone. My son & daughter-in-law were so pleased with everything. They said their wedding weekend was more than they had dreamed it would be and this resort & its staff made that possible. The entire weekend was GREAT!!!

Profile Picture Terry, 6/25/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Parking, Wheelchair Access

If you are looking for a rustic, natural feel this is your place. First let us start with Kathy Major the wedding coordinator for the venue. She is THE BEST. I made changes after changes and it didn't seem to phase her one bit. Even up to two weeks before the ceremony when we realized we didn't have a place to stay after the ceremony. She took it all in stride and was able to book us a romantic cabin for our wedding night.

Our guests were perplexed when they made the drive to the mountains to our location but once everyone got settled in they were hooked. We actually wished we had come to the location sooner so that we could have enjoyed it even more. The accommodations were great. The lodges that we rented had the rustic feeling with a touch of luxury. You can tell they have been making renovations to the property while still keeping the integrity of the resort. From check in to check out our needs were met. I have never been to a place with someone comes to check in daily to make sure that all is well. Even when we had a maintenance issue they took care of it so fast it was as if it never happened.

The food was wonderful. We told our guests who stayed that breakfast was included but they assumed it would be continental. They were so surprised and satisfied with the breakfast offerings daily, far from continental. The Chef came out to make sure we had everything that we needed and then some (I had a very picky guest-my mother- who needed her own special touches to her meal).

The meal that we had for the reception was delicious, we had guests asking if they could go back to the buffet for more. The wait staff were attentive but unobtrusive.

You will definitely get the value for the money spent. The big wow factor for our guests at the ceremony was the entrance by horse and carriage. It was so unexpected that the look on their faces said it all.

If I had to plan it all again I would use Forrest Hills for my venue.

Profile Picture Kenyatta, 5/14/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up

After viewing the pictures (and prices) online, choosing this as our wedding venue was the most simple part of our wedding planning! They were so thorough in their information and provided us with everything we needed to know prior to booking. We knew exactly what we were paying for with no surprises!
We used their recommendations for photography and flowers and weren't disappointed.
The ONLY thing I would suggest: Make sure you rehearse the wedding twice! My wedding party just did a short run through while I was getting ready and said they wish they had done it twice.

Profile Picture Laura, 4/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Forrest Hills was an AMAZING venue for my wife and I's wedding. We got married here on April 16th, 2016... and we couldn't have been happier with how everything went!

First, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Kathy Major (the wedding coordinator) was especially helpful in guiding my wife and I through the entire process.

Second, the grounds of the resort are absolutely beautiful. If you're looking for an outdoor wedding, the Foxhollow Gazebo is a perfect spot. We loved the location, and the pictures there turned out amazing.

Third, the value is excellent. We had our wedding and reception there with 75 guests for an all-in cost of about $12.5K. Obviously that's still a lot... but it's WAAAY less than many of my friends have spent for similar-sized weddings. And that's even considering we bought the most expensive package (the "Dream" package), which included almost everything we needed from food to photographer. That made everything much less stressful b/c we just got to pick vendors/food/cake, etc... we didn't have to shop for each individually.

The package even included a horse-drawn carriage entrance for my wife (and exit for us)! The only thing we provided outside of the package was the alcohol (which was actually great, b/c we were able to get it super cheap from Costco). Bar service WAS included, so we just had to bring the alcohol and Forrest Hills took care of it from there.

The food was fantastic. All our guests said so. The prime rib... vegetable lasagna... candied carrots... it was all excellent!

In short, our experience with Forrest Hills was great! I can't recommend it enough.

Profile Picture Greg, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations

We came here for our honeymoon and got the deluxe package. When we arrived in the room there was champagne waiting for us, which was very nice. We booked the wilderness lodge, which had a HUGE garden tub with jets, super relaxing, many naps taken there! Our package also included an hour long, in-room couples massage, a dinner in their secret garden dining room, and a picnic lunch packed for us to go explore the area. Free breakfast is always included, and it is AMAZING. The biscuits and gravy were the best I've ever had and my fiancee loved the sausage. They also had pancakes, eggs, grits, bacon and either hash browns or some other potato. They also had something sweet, usually mini muffins, which were killer.

Everyone was incredibly friendly and we had a wonderful time. We didn't want to ride any horses but we went down to the stable anyway, and they let us hang out and pet the horses and just enjoy the atmosphere. My only complaint was the pillows...they are very long and they give you 4, but they were flat and my neck was hurting by the end of the trip. I would recommend bringing your own if you come. That's honestly the worst thing I have to say about this place, we already can't wait to go back!

Profile Picture Jenny, 11/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Travel
4.2

My husband and I were married in the Rose Garden/Fox Hollow outdoor venue at Forrest Hills Resort. We were very pleased with the 'package' which they offer - it includes items such as food, cake, minister, horse-drawn carriage, etc! Forrest Hills provides a list of in-house vendors that they commonly work with, so you'll have a great local selection of florists, DJ, minister, photographer, and salon services. Packages can be customized to suit your individual needs, which is great for those who need flexibility. For example, we elected to choose our own photographer and it was no issue at all. Getting a 'package' also means that the bride and groom don't have to do quite as much coordination with vendors, although some contact and confirmation of details is still required.
The food was VERY good for the price, and we were pleased with the quality of the cake. The wait staff at our reception were responsive and even had fun with us on the dance floor!
The Rose Garden reception room has a very cute and picturesque dance floor when used at night. The room itself is a little dated looking but was very comfortable and looked great once we added some of our own decorations.
If anything at Forrest Hills was lacking, it was the wedding coordinator which came with our package. Our coordinator Kathy was slow to respond to emails, and much of the decoration setup which she agreed to was not completed. (We provided lists of items we needed, such as tables and ladders, and confirmed with her). However, the morning of our wedding we had to bring in family members to help. As a result, my husband spent that morning scrambling to get everything in place. Our wedding coordinator did a great job of running through rehearsal, but I guess we were expecting more involvement and assistance on our wedding day.
Overall, I highly recommend this venue for brides who are on a budget, or don't want the stress of finding all the vendors on their own. The setting is very pretty!

Profile Picture Krista, 11/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Bartender(s), Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, Flatware, Linens
1.7

My wedding did not go as planned. I arrivedon't way early in the day due getting the salon services done. I was told the reception hall would be unlocked and the Chapel would be unlock so I could get in and do some decorating. After asking to be let in to both rooms I was able to get into the reception hall. With the Chapel u had to asked three different times to get in. My wedding coordinator never showed up to talk to meach or tell me what was going on. We had no idea what was suppose to happen when and they cancelled some of our rooms and never notified us so when we checked in the rooms weren't there when we had already paid for them. Even when we told them we had already paid Kathy the wedding coordinator just scoffed and was saying it was our fault. Kathy was very unprofessional when it came to the week of the wedding and was no help at all the day of. They never even fixed the issue with the cabins. Their response was sorry we are already booked. It was ridiculous.

Profile Picture User4255002, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Forrest Hills Mountain Resort was the perfect wedding venue! We originally planned an outdoor gazebo service, with our reception in the Mountain Laurel Inn reception area. Due to weather, we were able to move the wedding indoors to the onsite chapel the morning of the service with no disruption to the plans. Kathy Major, the onsite wedding planner, was amazing and very patient walking us through the several months of planning! She's worth her weight in gold!!! We reserved the Mountain Laurel Inn with 12 suites to accommodate all of our wedding party and made a wonderful weekend getaway out of it. EVERYONE had a great time and had nothing but wonderful things to say about the rehearsal night, wedding, reception, and venue. The wedding cake and other brides cake were incredible. We couldn't have been more pleased with how our special day (...weekend) turned out. Thank you so much!!!! Jen & Mhandi Elliott

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

Kathy was my.wedding coordinator and she was wonderful. Very helpful and understanding. The cabin was lovely. The food was great. Our wedding was beautiful. They helped me so much with everything, and made it very special for us.

Profile Picture Brittney, 9/20/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very beautiful spot to get married if you love the outdoors!

Profile Picture User5034468, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gorgeous venue! They made my wedding perfect and stress free. They food was delicious at the reception and the Cinderella castle cake was gorgeous! My favorite thing that they do, which is unique, was riding up to the ceremony Cinderella-style in a white horse drawn carriage!!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/12/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don’t even know where to being. My husband were married at Forrest Hills April 18th. Since then, all we have done is talk about how “perfect”, “magical” and “the best ever” our wedding was. This site will not allow me to post the 2 page letter review I sent to Forrest Hills, so I am going to try and condense it here.

Forrest Hills is the PERFECT place to host your family for the wedding weekend of your dreams. We had approximately 40 guests and everyone agreed what an amazing time it was getting to spend it together all in one place.

The grounds of Forrest Hills are the absolute perfect setting for the most magical wedding you could imagine. Flowers are blooming everywhere, trees are overhead, birds are chirping. It is literally something out of a fairytale.

The food at the reception was just wonderful. We opted for the prime rib upgrade on one of our entree choices and were not disappointed at all. The carving station added a very elegant touch to our dinner buffet. The cake, which is also included with their packages was GORGEOUS and our guests raved for days about how great it was.

The icing on the cake for me though, was the in-house wedding coordinator, Kathy Major and her team. I cannot thank her enough for everything she did for us. They know what they are doing. Kathy was there for me via email every step in planning our wedding. Once we arrived at Forrest Hills, I knew everything was going to be perfect. Forrest Hills handled everything immediately, professionally and made sure that I, my husband and our entire family were happy, well looked after and had the time of our lives.

I would have ZERO reservations in recommending Forrest Hills for your wedding. I can say without a doubt that our wedding was literally my dream wedding and it was the best day of my life. I hope we can go back someday just to remember how amazing it was - because I will never get over it. Do not hesitate to choose Forrest Hills for your wedding.

Profile Picture Lezlie, 4/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Great rehearsal dinner. Excellent food. Perfect accommodations for our wedding party and most family members! Beautiful location, too.

Profile Picture Kate, 11/8/14, 2 Reviews