Forest Park Golf Course Reviews

Forest Park Golf Course 6
  • Abby

Abby Pike · Getting married on 11/28/2020

So excited!

We cannot wait to have our wedding at Forest Park Golf Course. McKinley has been so kind and helpful throughout this process. The event space is beautiful. Lots of windows and a huge brand new bar. We could not be more excited!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Courtney Young · Married on 06/21/2019

Wonderful wedding venue

Incredible experience, and it was so easy! Everyone we worked with was friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. They worked with us to make the event exactly what we wanted. We highly recommend!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Allie

Allie Simon · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing experience!

We had our wedding at Forest Park Golf course and cannot say enough good things. The ceremony space was stunning on the patio overlooking the greens and the clubhouse was the perfect space for our reception. Big enough that we didn't feel squished yet small enough that the room didn't feel empty. We had just under 200 guests at our wedding. The food was phenomenal and the wait staff was superb. However the shining star was their coordinator, McKinley. Honestly without McKinley, this wedding would not have been possible. She is very professional and extremely accommodating, she answers emails promptly and with much detail so there were never any unanswered questions. I must have emailed her 60+ times in the weeks leading up to the wedding and she never once seemed annoyed or bothered. She was gracious and helpful and is extremely detail oriented so I knew I could trust her to set up all of my decor on the big day. She put out our aisle signs, centerpieces, place cards, memory table, dessert decor, welcome sign, head table decor, guest book and more. Each piece was placed with care and the reception room looked stunning. It was truly the wedding of my dreams and I am so grateful to McKinley for helping out so much. 10 out of 10, would recommend Forest Park Golf Course for your wedding!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Mary D'agrosa · Married on 04/07/2019

Amazing!

My husband and I were extremely happy with Forest Park Golf Course and its staff! With his parents' help, we couldn't pick a better place. Food was fantastic and McKinley was superb with coordinating the wedding! Our guests were very satisfied, and so were we. Thank you FP for everything!!

Sent on 04/12/2019

Mary,
    Thank you so much for the kind words! We loved having you and your family with us and are so excited for you and Dominic. Enjoy married life!

Elizabeth Tran · Married on 04/07/2019

Amazing & Flexible

McKinley and her whole team are fabulous people!!! I cannot thank them enough for their organization and flexibility. The whole venue was so beautiful on the wedding day/evening, and the newly renovated bar was superb! I would definitely recommend future guests to check this place out.

Sent on 04/12/2019

Lizzie,
    We are so glad you enjoyed the evening. I couldn't have done it without your help! Thank you!

Carol · Married on 06/30/2018

My daughter’s wedding was at the Probstein club house. It’s a beautiful location, with indoor-outdoor space, lots of green and lots of glass. The food was great. The contact people we worked with were professional, easy to work with, responsive to all our requests, and did a great job of keeping us all relaxed and worry-free. My only criticism is, once our event was over, we had to clear out FAST-the staff had the room ready for their next event before we could load up all our stuff (I had to return the next morning to pick up an important box that was left on the cart in the rush). It was a fun wedding (the “adult” snow cones were a nice touch-perfect for a hot, summer evening). I highly recommend this venue for weddings (or any celebration).

Sent on 07/25/2018

Kathy · Married on 06/16/2018

McKinley was extremely easy to work with. Always replied to questions and requests.
    The food was excellent and the staff was great.
    Venue is gorgeous and view is great.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Forest Park Golf Course's reply:

Thank you, Kathy! Your Rehearsal Dinner looked beautiful. We wish the Bride & Groom the absolute best and look forward to possibly working with you again in the future.

Rachel · Married on 06/09/2018

McKinley was very accommodating. Even when we were requesting things that hadn’t been done before at this location, she was willing to give them a try in order to give us the day we had envisioned.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Rachel,

Thank you so much for the review. Your idea on the lights was amazing. Definitely recommending it to our other brides. We wish you all the best!

Amy · Married on 05/26/2018

We had a WONDERUL experience with Amy & McKinley! Everything was executed wonderfully and exceeded our expectations!!! We would recommend this venue to ANYONE that is looking for an affordable, classy, elegant and easy to work with venue.

Sent on 06/13/2018
    Forest Park Golf Course 7
    Forest Park Golf Course 8
    Forest Park Golf Course 9
    Forest Park Golf Course 10

Forest Park Golf Course's reply:

Thank you, Amy!! You looked absolutely beautiful and we could all see the love between you and Max. We wish you both the best!

Emily · Married on 05/18/2018

We have had our Graduation Brunch at Forest Park Golf Club three times and this one was by far the best in service.
    The buffet was a great hit and very delicious. We will schedule the 2019 event there again. they are great to work with and provide great value and great service.

Sent on 06/06/2018

Forest Park Golf Course's reply:

Thank you, Emily! We strive to continue serving our guest better and better each year and we are glad that we are doing just that. We cannot wait for your event next year and to hopefully impress you even more.

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2018

Had a wonderful experience. Would recommend the venue to anyone. Food was excellent, which is hard to do for 170 people. Several people mentioned how good it was to us. The staff were flexible and organized.

Sent on 05/23/2018
    Forest Park Golf Course 11
    Forest Park Golf Course 12

Lauren,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We love seeing your pictures too! We wish you and Erin all the best!

Philip · Married on 04/20/2018

Everything went according to plan and the staff at Forest Park was so helpful in making our event a success

Sent on 05/23/2018

Forest Park Golf Course's reply:

Thanks, Phillip! We look forward to working with you again!
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 12/31/2016

AMAZING PERFECTION!!!! That is exactly what I have to say about my wedding at Forest Park Golf House! Amy, Liz, Herschel, and Gloria did an AMAZING job of flawless execution for my wedding. The Reception Space is gorgeous and you are in Forest Park! Why would you have your wedding anywhere else? I would highly recommend having your event/wedding there!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Terra · Married on 11/13/2016

Liz was amazing to work with! I was so happy with how everything turned out at my wedding. They provided uplights at no charge during the reception (and had us pick out the colors on our first consultation!). She worked with us the whole way and made sure everything was perfect! Beautiful location and the food was amazing! Loved everything about it!

Sent on 12/24/2016

Tessa · Married on 10/29/2016

Forest Park Golf Course and 3 Leaves Catering where phenomenal. Both catering and venue staff went above and beyond what was to be expected of their services. Friendly, professional and appearance of both the staff and venue for ceremony and reception where excellent. I definitely recommend the venue and catering. Very well accommodating. The banquet captain also dealt with the unprofessionalism of our dj and made the proper adjustments for the dj's lack of knowledge. They where on point and knew exactly how to handle every situation that we came across.

Sent on 11/01/2016
  • sarabee

Sara · Married on 07/30/2016

I haven't yet had my reception, but so far the planning has been wonderful. Amy is a pleasure to work with and always gets back to me within the hour whenever I call, and I love how flexible they are with the pricing. I'd definitely recommend for a reception venue! I'll try and write a second review after the wedding to let you know how the "day of" went.

Sent on 10/03/2015

Cori · Married on 06/18/2016

If you are looking for the "PERFECT" venue for your wedding, look no further. Forest Park has it all! Amy & Liz are a delight to work with. They responded immediately to all of my questions. I had so many compliments on the venue especially the food. We served steak and chicken. The steak was tender and the chicken was moist which is hard to do serving 180 people! Hats off to the chef and his/her staff! The entire staff was so helpful and friendly the entire evening. There are so many beautiful locations for the photos. The park, the golf course, and the clubhouse itself. My daughter told me it was the best day of her life and I could not have done it without Amy & Liz! Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Emily · Married on 08/15/2015

I cannot say enough good things about this venue. Amy helped us through the planning process and was always kind, professional, and honest with us. She has many years of experience and was willing to work with our budget. She was straightforward with prices and we always knew exactly what we were paying for--she was great at giving advice and drawing from her experience to offer help. We really had no stress about our venue leading up to our wedding because Amy was so easy to work with and put us at ease! Gloria was in charge of running our reception and did a fantastic job! The service was excellent, the venue was beautiful, and everything went off without a hitch. Our food was amazing and we received so many compliments from our guests about the evening. My fiance and I both agree that we could not have chosen a better venue!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Sarah · Married on 03/29/2014

Amy and her staff could not have been easier or more enjoyable to work with for our daughter's wedding reception! We had way too many questions and a fairly limited budget, but they continually responded quickly and creatively in helping us plan the perfect wedding reception! Amy's experience makes her a hugely helpful resource of ideas and advice; she is that rare combination of being extensively detailed yet warmly relational as well. The facility works great for groups, and looks beautiful in every season and at every time of day, even in late March as the sun sets into evening. Even though it was chilly, guests enjoyed going out onto the patios to stand by the fire pit. The food was way over the top; beyond our expectations! Many guests of all ages commented they were surprised they had never heard of such a beautiful and delicious venue. The staff has a magical way of dealing with problems that arise without you even knowing, such as missing place cards or seat changes. Every single staff member and employee interacted very kindly with us, even helping collect decorations at the end of the evening. They all seemed to be genuinely glad we were there for the event. I hope we get the chance to host another event there! Judy Barlett

Sent on 12/12/2014

Betsy · Married on 02/01/2014

Amy Milne is the consummate professional and provided a treasure of information for me as a first-time mother of the bride. My daughter lived out of town so I was involved with a lot of the in-person details and meetings. Amy worked tirelessly with us and our budget needs, unique floor plan, wine requests--she was amazing!

Please note: I have been to A LOT of weddings in St. Louis in the past five years--and one of the huge perks to this venue is the parking! You can end up paying $13/car at a downtown or hotel venue on behalf of your guests--wouldn't you rather spend that on food, entertainment, and flowers?

A great, centrally located, picturesque and terrific place for a wedding reception!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Matthew · Married on 12/04/2010

Forest Park Golf Course is simply amazing when it comes to wedding receptions. Not only does the facility look stunningly elegant with the floor to ceiling windows on both sides of the ballroom, but the staff is so friendly and easy to work with. The other feature that makes forest park so amazing is the location. You are so close to all the best STL landmarks so photos are a breeze! You won't find a better wedding venue any where in St. Louis.

Sent on 02/09/2011
  • Wendy

Wendy · Married on 01/16/2010

The Quality of service and professionalism was great. They also worked with us with the cost.

Sent on 01/20/2010

Nicole · Married on 12/26/2008

The staff at this particular venue are easy to work with and extremely flexible with anything you may need.

Sent on 03/06/2009

Linda and Jeffq · Married on 04/26/2008

After exploring many venues in St. Louis for our daughter's wedding, it was an easy choice to have Amy design our ceremony on the patio and reception in their beautiful dining room. The full length glass windows provided a lovely view of their exquisitely manicured lawns and garden. The arbor was in full bloom for our late April wedding. We had many food choices for the dinner, which suited all of our guests. The space provided plenty of room for dancing and a full band.

Sent on 12/27/2014

Ellen · Married on 04/16/2016

Everything was great! The food was very good and the staff was accommodating and professional.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Forest Park Golf Course's reply:

Thank you, Ellen! Your pictures looked great and we hope everyone had a good time. We look forward to seeing you again.