For Goodness Cakes Reviews

64 | Norcross, GA

64 Reviews for For Goodness Cakes

• I

Iesha · Married on 05/26/2018

For Goodness Cakes is the best!

My cakes were beautiful and they tasted amazing!

Merlina · Married on 10/28/2017

The guests were very pleased with the cakes! Their ability to translate your vision and stay in your price range made the process easily. Purchase your wedding and groom's cake from here, you won't be sorry.

Kayla · Married on 05/20/2017

We were very pleased with the way our cake turned out. It was exactly as we had pictured and delicious - we had so many compliments from our guests. Our contact, Bethany, was very easy to work with. Highly recommend!!

Rebecca · Married on 01/07/2017

WHAT AMAZING SERVICE!!!! It snowed on our wedding day and they still delivered even though both the photographer and florist were saying they couldn't make it. Not only that but my husband does not like cake, so we had mini pies for his "grooms cake" and saved the top of our wedding cake for the honeymoon. He literally ate the whole cake he liked it so much! He even said he'd eat cake every day if it was from them. I plan on buying from them for any of our special events and birthdays!

Margo · Married on 05/14/2016

Use this vendor!! Megan was awesome! I contracted for a traditional wedding cake and a special design groom's cake! They were exactly what we talked about and absolutely delicious! We chose champagne flavor for the wedding cake and orange vanilla for the groom's cake. Rave reviews from our guests! I recommend letting the staff guide you in your choices. This is their speciality and the staff clearly love what they do! Simply the best!!!

Jasmine · Married on 03/18/2016

It was such a pleasure to work with For Goodness Cakes! They were able to create exactly what we had imagined and everyone could not stop talking about how delicious our cake was.

• Charlotte

Charlotte · Married on 03/11/2016

Thank you so much for our two-tier wedding cake, cupcakes, and Alabama RollTide" groom cake ! Everything was delicious!

• Rosalie

Rosalie · Married on 11/21/2015

Thank you so much for a perfect wedding cake! It was delicious and beautiful! Everyone just loved it and it was the perfect size! I can’t wait to order more cakes from you in the future!

• Jenny

Jenny · Married on 10/24/2015

A truly wonderful experience from start to finish. Megan was such a pleasure to work with and helped bring my vision to life. She was extremely professional throughout the whole process and would respond right away to any questions I would have. She offered great advice in helping me design my cake and made sure we came up with something I loved.

All of our guests raved over the unique groom’s cake and our five-tier wedding cake. Not only did the cakes look amazing, but they were absolutely delicious as well. The orange velvet, champagne, and chocolate cake flavors are out of this world. Although I only managed a bite of cake that night, everyone I spoke to that tried them had extremely high praise for both the appearance and taste. I look forward to really enjoying it on our anniversary cake (that they are providing at no additional charge).

If you choose For Goodness Cakes, you will receive the highest quality in aesthetics and taste, and your guests will thank you again and again!

Gdine · Married on 08/01/2015

I just wrote the most effusive review for For Goodness Cakes...only for Wedding wire to time out and give me an error! Not sure I can repeat everything again, but i'll try. Basically... For Goodness Cakes rocks. We heard about them through our wedding planner (Jade Lee Events) and after visiting another well known baker in the atlanta area and being turned off by his attitude, Megan and For Goodness Cakes was just what we needed. The tasting experience was so pleasant (my husband's favorite part of the wedding planning process that day), and they worked with our budget. We came in with a geometric design they had never done before but Megan was convinced that the owner/baker was up for the challenge...and she certainly delivered. It was perfection on our wedding day - at least visually. Don't quite remember the taste that since it was such an overwhelming day, but I'm certain it was as scrumptious as it was on tasting day, and our guests loved it!

Sent on 09/07/2015

For Goodness Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much Geraldine! We loved working with you and how beautiful your cake design turned out. It was a time consuming design but so worth it! Thanks again!

Chanin · Married on 05/02/2015

Megan and For Goodness Cakes was the most responsive and most flexible bakery that we contacted. They were able to meet with me via Skype and give me the full experience of meeting with them even though I was several states away. The cakes were moist and delicious. In particular the grooms cake was absolutely unbelievable. It was a replica of the Georgia Tech tower (with missing T) that they were able to do at a great price. The wedding cake was also very nice.

Megan · Married on 04/25/2015

The one thing that my, now husband, wanted for our wedding was a Detroit Red Wings themed groom's cake. We took our ideas to the talented team at For Goodness Cakes and they ran with them creating the most incredible cake! They spent over 50 hours creating a replica of Joe Louis Arena complete with Al the octopus exploding out of the top. The level of detail was unbelievable from the "Hockeytown" logo, the railings on the steps, the expression on the octopus' face, even down to the individual suction cups on his tentacles. He was even holding a sugar replica of the Stanley Cup! These guys are more than bakers, they are cake artists!

From the groom: "That cake was EPIC!

P.S. My cake was beautiful too! They matched a swatch of gold material that I had and she spent close to an hour with their styrofoam cake layers helping us to make the perfect design. It was elegant and gorgeous with sugar magnolia flowers that looked so real! Also, possibly more importantly, it was DELICIOUS! Possibly some of the best cake i've ever eaten.

Jessica · Married on 03/20/2015

We had champagne cake, and it was amazing! Everyone at the wedding loved it, and they were surprised by the flavor. It was beautifully done, and they did a great job taking my inspirations and turning them into a design perfect for us. They were also flexible about setting up appointments and allowing us to bring some cake to my out-of-state of fiance for tasting.

Ashley · Married on 03/20/2015

I have two words, Orange Creme! It didn't take me long to decide on flavors during my consultation. The cake is so delicious it's ridiculous! Megan was really helpful with the design although I was certainly an easy bride and knew what I wanted all along. The prices weren't bad for what we chose. Everything turned out beautifully. I'm still getting calls about how good it was.

Malia · Married on 01/15/2015

LOVE, love, Love For Goodness Cakes! I knew from the time I found them on Wedding Wire that I was in for a truly amazing experience. Then I went to the cake tasting and my standards were blown out the water. The staff is amazing and very professional. The design team worked with me and my custom design that I sketched and my cake came out perfect! And it didn't hurt that it tasted amazing as well. Would totally recommend them to anyone getting married in the metro Atlanta area!

-Malia A. Lewis

• Laura H.

Laura · Married on 08/24/2014

We loved working with For Goodness Cakes, especially seeing as we didn't really know what to get for our wedding cake - they definitely provided us with lots of amazing solutions and the cake itself was absolutely amazing. My husband and I are both music lovers and our very simple cake was piped with music notes on every tier. We finally decided on 4 tiers with 2 tiers being orange flavored cake with white chocolate cream cheese filling and 2 tiers being champagne flavored cake (absolutely amazing!) with a raspberry filling. Our guest absolutely loved it and even though our bridal party sat on the top tier in the limo, Megan offered to make us a new tier for our one year anniversary! Best wedding cake vendor we could have asked for!!!

Madison · Married on 04/26/2014

We loved working with For Goodness Cakes! They were always so helpful with any questions/concerns we had. Their responsiveness time was very quick! Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and so delicious! The grooms cake was awesome and yummy as well. Thank you so much for everything you did to make our wedding cake beautiful and delicious :)

-Madison and Adam Blackmon

Jenna · Married on 04/26/2014

FGC was recommended to us by our caterer. They were easy to communicate with, warm, and welcoming. My husband and I did a tasting and couldn't have loved it more. We asked for a simple design because we wanted our florist to decorate it with fresh flowers. They did a wispy finish with buttercream icing and it was the perfect compliment to the beautiful flowers and to our comfortable, elegant, southern wedding. We chose classic vanilla for three of our layers and lemon for one of the larger layers. I only wish that we'd done more of it in lemon. Both were amazingly delicious, but the lemon was gone in a flash. People couldn't stop talking about both of our cakes. My husband wanted a University of Tennessee themed groom's cake and they did it well! We had orange and white checkerboard, and orange "power T", and some lyrics from "Rocky Top". They even got that obnoxious shade of orange just right ;) High praise coming from his Alabama fan bride!

Kacy · Married on 12/31/2013

Best cake ever. We chose a simply vanilla and red velvet cake with buttercream and cream cheese icing. It was divine. The service was also amazing. They were so helpful at the tasting and with the creative process. I would highly recommend. Only thing I was sad about is that there wasn't enough left over to take home with me because the guests loved it so much :) Can't wait until our first anniversary to eat the top layer!

For Goodness Cakes made the cake for my daughter's wedding and it was perfect! My daughter lives out of town but was able via email and phone to communicate back and forth with Megan to design the cake. And it came out exactly as my daughter wanted. It included a design detail matching the jewel pattern of the bridal gown belt. Beautiful! And let me emphasize - the taste was wonderful. People have told us this was one of the best cakes they have eaten. We think so too. Great cake! As an added note - the cake for the rehearsal dinner was also from For Goodness Cakes and showed just as much attention to detail as the wedding cake. It tasted just as good too. Strongly Recommend.

Patricia · Married on 10/12/2013

I chose a three tiered red velvet cake with buttercream frosting and silver fondant ribbon. The topper was a pair of doves with necks inter-twinned. The cake was perfect, beautiful, and exactly what I expected. It tasted great too! I found this specific cake on the vendor's website and thought it was beautiful, and it was even better in person. I felt very proud of the cake presentation and couldn't have been more pleased with my choice of cake vendor!

Amanda · Married on 09/29/2013

Our cake was just as delicious as it was beautiful!! We were very pleased, as were our guests! We had three flavors in our cake and received complements on all of them. The folks we worked with were very helpful and professional, and the delivery was right on time. Thank you for a wonderful cake!

Samantha · Married on 09/07/2013

Not only was my cake GORGEOUS, it was also SO delicious!! Red velvet cake is my absolute favorite cake in the world and For Goodnes Cakes red velvet is the BEST!!! I'm not a huge fan of just plain vanilla cake, but WOW....the vanilla was even incredible!! I can't wait to get our anniversary cake from them!!!

M. JaNae · Married on 07/06/2013

Delicious!!!!! I didn't have a piece left!!!!

• Paige

Paige · Married on 06/15/2013

My perfect cake from a wonderful vendor. Mel was so great to work with . We gave her a design and she made it better than what we possibly could ever imagine. It was a perfect color of peach and one of my favorite parts of my wedding. She was more than wonderful to work with for both my wedding cake and grooms cake for the rehearsal. Always willing to make it special and personal each tme we talked. Thanks Mel and I can't wait to shout out your business!!!