29 Reviews for Foodz Catering

American (1)
Vegetarian (1)
Champagne Toast (1)
28 Foodz Catering Reviews

Where do I even begin - Foodz is AMAZING! From the very start, they were responsive, helpful, and accommodating to our needs and budget. We worked closely with Davi on the catering, and she was a wealth of knowledge, and helped us get to a menu for our wedding that was perfect for us! Not only that, but Davi was our day of coordinator - she was the best decision we made during our wedding planning, truly. I can't even begin to describe how lucky we felt to have had her working on our wedding with us! There were many times I had no idea what I was doing, and she was always there to provide solutions or advice, all of which was the perfect approach. She was always incredibly calm under pressure, and helped pull off a day that we will never forget. I am sure there were snafus on the day of, but I don't know of any of them because she handled everything with such expertise. Even wedding guests were coming up to us afterward saying how amazing she was. Davi, and Foodz Catering in general, was the best decision we made and we cannot recommend her and the catering company enough. The food was the best I had ever had at a wedding, they were quick and efficient, and very willing to work within our means while still making sure it was an unforgettable day. We love Foodz Catering and Davi!

Profile Picture User7368435, Recently Married, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Champagne Toast, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

If you want to provide your guests with meals they will truly enjoy, Foodz is your vendor. Our guests went back 2 and 3 times because everything was so delicious - no mass produced, rubber chicken dinners here! Everything was fresh and delicious. They were also very accommodating with a few last minute changesl.

Profile Picture Sue, 7/29/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: American, Buffet, Vegan

Foodz Catering ROCKS! They have the most creative, delectable, and eclectic menu. Their staff are incredibly friendly and fun to work with, and are super flexible to meet your vision. They do a high quality job at a reasonable price that fits most budgets. Our menu was spectacular!! We had two kinds of slider sandwiches (pulled pork and steak), Sweet Potato Crab Cakes, Stuffed Peppers, Asparagus/Flaky Phylo Dough bites, Cheese platter, Veggie straws, and Tater Tots! Not to mention premium beverages.

Profile Picture Joanna, 5/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I am sorry this took so long, but I reviewed Foodz Catering on theknot.com as well! I do not think I can verbalize how pleased I was with not only the quality of food of Foodz Catering, but also the customer service. So often, great products and services are ruined with poor customer service, but Foodz knocked them both out of the park! Best mashed potatoes I've ever had!!

Profile Picture Tanya, 12/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Everything was amazing! The food was great and everybody kept telling us how tasty everything was. They even had a huge box of food for us two to take home. The service was great too, they guys brought us snacks and drinks right after the ceremony and was so kind! I could've not asked for a better caterer!!! I can't stop thinking about the pork we had at the wedding, I highly recommend it.

Profile Picture Mariya, 6/29/13, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering

Shelby and the team at Foodz really exceeded our expectations. They allowed us to participate every step of the way. They encouraged our creativity each step along the way. Shelby shared a personal touch, which demonstrated her commitment to service.

Profile Picture Bob And Tim, 5/24/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

My new husband, Michael, and I were so impressed with our very first contact with Shelby of FOODZ; she was so warm and welcoming in her professional approach to us besides having really tasty and creative food at the One Love event for wedding vendors, where we first met her. Every contact after that was so easy and comfortable including lots of emails (she was really responsive), the small tasting event we attended where we met several of her staff, and then having her and her team (Jason, the main chef was awesome) in our home for the Friday night rehearsal and Saturday wedding down near Mt. Rainier. The food at both events was delicious and so beautifully presented. Simply gorgeous!! Many of our guests commented on how wonderful the food and service were at both of these two events. We made a couple of changes in menu quite close to the event; Shelby and FOODZ were immediately responsive, with a "yes, of course, be glad to" attitude. Michael and I felt personally cared for by this wonderful team; I would use her again in a heartbeat. I simply don't have enough superlatives to endorse FOODZ. Bill E

Profile Picture William, 5/11/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Foodz Catering was top notch from start to finish. Their staff was incredibly attentive and easy to work with. They were very pleasant to have at the wedding and gave spsecial attention to us (the brde and groom). The buffet was laid out in a beautiful, elegant display that completely fit with the colors and feel of our wedding. The food was incredible; we received compliments from many guests stating that it was the best they've ever had at a wedding. Very reasonably priced, I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture BJ, 9/15/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

Wonderful caterer...innovative and tasty, high quality food! Great choice in the Seattle area!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/10/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I really enjoyed my experience with Foodz Catering. We had a hard time finding a caterer for our Spanish themed wedding that was affordable. The first caterer we picked was not a full service caterer, all he would do was make our main dish - the Paella. This created a problem when looking for other caterers.

I loved that when we contacted Foodz, they had no problem working with us even though we already had a caterer. When I found out they cooked Paella (through a review on yelp), we decided to taste it. It was WONDERFUL. We ended up canceling the first caterer and just going with Foodz, since they do everything - rentals, serving, bartending, beverages, and food.

They created a Spanish menu for us of passed appetizers (patatas bravas, gazpacho shooters, and stuffed pepperdew peppers) and a main meal of four different types of paella, meeting different people's dietary restrictions - I loved how flexible they were. The paella bar was pretty awesome because it was interactive bar, you chose whether you wanted vegetarian/vegan, seafood, meat, or everything paellas, and they would cook it for you right THERE! They also made fantastic sangria for our signature cocktail.

Melissa was great to work with as well, through the whole process. We had to do a lot of rentals because we got married and had our reception at Golden Gardens. We didn't have to deal with rentals at all, which was great! I'd really recommend them.

Profile Picture Catherine, 6/9/12, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering

Foodz Catering was such a joy to work with. Thank goodness my husband and I had time to sit down and eat during dinner because the food was out of this world delicious. I was actually a little bummed we were leaving on our honeymoon the next day because that meant our parents got the left overs not us! Our menu included marinated short ribs (delicious!) sweet potato crab cakes and roasted grapes with Brie on Crostini as well as garlic mashed potatoes and veggies. Not only is Shelby Sewell's food delicious (she's the chef and owner) Melissa Winter (event coordinator for Foodz) was a delight to work with. She returned e-mails promptly, stayed on top of everything, solved unexpected problems easily, and kept everything on track. She was also so nice and sweet, friendly and fun, I ended up inviting her to the wedding! My husband and I highly recommend Foodz Catering, so does every person who came to our wedding. We received so many compliments on the tasty food.

Profile Picture Hillary, 1/20/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I would recommend Foodz Catering to anyone looking for an amazing wedding caterer! We shopped around and they had the best tasting food, service and value. We had so many guests comment on how great our food was compared to other weddings they had been to. It wasn't just the usual wedding fare; it was creative, fresh, well presented and tasted amazing!

We worked closely with Melissa, one of their awesome staff members, and she helped walk us through the entire process from the menu and budget to the day-of timeline. If I had to plan the wedding all over again (which I hope I never do!), I would call them first.

Profile Picture Amie, 9/10/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Shelby and her team are just wonderful to work with. The party was so much fun and the guests really enjoyed everything, food, location and the staff.

Profile Picture Christin, 8/7/10, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Foodz Catering made one of the most stressful and exciting days of my partner and I's life, the most special and memorable. From the moment of our initial consultation until the end of the wedding night, the entire staff was very attentive and had answer for every question that we had. Sarah met with me a week prior to the wedding to go over the details, and she seemed just as excited as I was! I explained to Sarah our vision of how we wanted the night to flow, and she ran with it. It took so much stress away to think that we had such a professional and amazing catering service to help us on our special day. This commentary no where near expresses our gratitude nor does it explain the level of extrodinary service that Foodz Catering provided to us. THANK YOU Shelby, Sarah, and the entire staff for making our wedding day so amazing!

Profile Picture Adam , 4/11/09, 1 Review
Category: Catering

This was by far, the biggest part of our budget. One thing we wanted was to have good food. Not only did Chef Shelby and Chef Sarah offer delicious food, they also made the whole day flow smoothly, from set-up to clean-up. My helpers and attendants, as well as myself, did not have to worry about a thing. I felt completely comfortable letting them handle everything. If anything, I was worried that we did not do enough!

In the planning stages, we were offered some great food choices to go with our Caribbean themed reception. There was an extensive wine and beer list, many from local wineries and breweries. The team worked within our budget; we went with heavy h'or d'oeuvres instead of a full meal. All of the guests left satisfied--infact, the comments to us were "Congratulations! The Ceremony was beautiful! And where did you get this food??!!!??"

If you want amazing food, professionalism, creativity, and a caterer who listens, choose Foodz Catering.

Profile Picture Felicia, 8/16/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I had my wedding and reception at Acalia and it was the best experience! There was a great selection of food and a catalog of beer and wine chooices. Shelby and all the staff were so helpful- no bridezilla here. I would have another evet the in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/27/08, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

we had an amazing wedding day,I have no words to describe how professional and caring shelby and her staff are.this is the best place to have your ceremony and reception .The food was great, after 2 years Im still receiving good feedback about our wedding dinner.We highly recommend Acalia.Adriana and Gerardo

Profile Picture Adriana, 9/21/07, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My mom and I had a blast meeting with Shelby at her bistro and having lunch. It was fun talking with her before we got down to wedding business. She listens to your ideas and comes up with great ideas. She felt more like a wedding planner than a just a caterer - she talked a lot about theme/vision/presentation - not just food/drink. Presentation was great. She worked with our ideas to try and meet our budget, but I had to raise my budget to get the outcomes I wanted.
Food was awesome - guests were impressed. One person wished they had left the food out longer, but I know others that went back for seconds/thirds so I'm not sure what happened. I got my fill and they had a to-go box ready at the end of the night for my husband and I to take with us.
I'm a vegetarian -we only had one meat dish, but I don't think anyone noticed. The menu: Apps: veggie crudite and dip, caprese pipets (check them out on the website, super cool and yummy), and stuffed peppadew peppers; Dinner: salad w/ fresh strawberries, beer mac and cheese w/ pretzel crust, beet/goat cheese/arugula/spicy alioli sliders, steak sliders, and green bean/corn salad. Everything tasted great. I couldn't pick a favorite, but really liked the mac-n-cheese and pipettes and peppers. Food was filling.
I brought in my own beer and wine but they provided a bartender. They did their water and great raspberry lemonade -fresh, not fake sweet like they can be.
I brought in local ice cream from molly moon and they took care of the display/service of it.
The only downside was they arrived later than they said they would for setup which really stressed my mom out for decorations. I haven't had a chance to chat with Shelby but I heard from multiple guest that the traffic was gnarly so I'm guessing thats why. Despite the late arrival they had dinner/apps ready to go on time.
Shelby and her team come highly recommended! I couldn't have been happier with how the food turned out and how working with Shelby went.

Profile Picture Courtney, 8/9/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Foodz really exceeded my expectations. I was planning my wedding from another country, so I didn't actually meet any of the team until the week before my wedding. They were very flexible with answering emails from me and coordinating with my mother who did the initial meetings and tastings. We changed our minds about certain menu items a few times, and we also insisting on providing our own dessert, tea, coffee, alcohol. Foodz made it very easy to blend their food with ours, including cutting and serving the dessert that we provided (no cutting fee!). The staff who worked our event were excellent and helped with set-up and clean-up of everything, and were very friendly (I'd like to give personal recommendations but I can't remember their names). Shelby and Melissa also provided a lot of assistance for us in determining how much wine to buy and what items to get from a rental company. As our menu and plan evolved, they kept our budget updated, and all the charges were very clear and easy to understand. And, most importantly, the food was yummy. Our venue did not have a kitchen and we didn't want chafing dishes so they came up with an amazing room temperature meal which everyone loved. My only regret is one of the appetizers ran out before I could get a bite! I would highly recommend Foodz: very silly name, but excellent catering and service.

Profile Picture Monica, 4/8/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I've worked with Foodz professionally for a fundraiser luncheon and personally for my wedding reception and both times they were fabulous and easy to work with. Shelby and her staff are amazing at putting together a beautiful menu and working with you to accommodate allergens. And all their event staff are equally kind and helpful. It is such a relief to know everything will get taken care of without having to stress about it. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to do a catered event.

Profile Picture Caleb, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Foodz was wonderful! Their food is amazing--I knew this from Zinnia, but I couldn't believe how many compliments we got at the wedding--even the photographer said it was some of the best food she'd had on a job! Davi was so helpful throughout the planning process, and day-of David and crew were fantastic, very helpful and on top of every detail. I highly recommend Foodz Catering!

Profile Picture Elyse, 5/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Shelby, Sally, and Jason were all awesome to work with. They were very professional, yet very personal and likable at the same time. They worked very hard to make our wedding reception a success. Everyone raved about the food, and the service was top notch. I really can't think of a single bad thing to say about them. They were great! I would highly recommend going to one of their open house nights, as we made a lot of changes to our menu after seeing and tasting the food.

Profile Picture Joseph, 1/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Foodz was one of the preferred caterers for our venue (Fremont Foundry), and after comparing/tasting/researching all of our options these guys emerged as the clear winner based on price, beautiful presentation of their food and THE BEST flavors of any caterer we tried. We met with Shelby at an Open House before we chose Foodz, and the food we tried there -- as well as Shelby's willingness to brainstorm with us, ask the right questions, come up with creative suggestions, make our specific requests happen, etc. -- sealed the deal. We signed on the dotted line shortly thereafter. We didn't feel like we received the same kind of personalized attention in the decision-making process from anyone else like we did with Foodz. During the planning process, Foodz was really helpful with venue layout and helping us make sure we had all the right details in place. And the day/night of, the on site staff was super on top of it and checked in with us several times to make sure we had everything we needed, where happy, etc. And they packed up the cutest little to-go box for us to take to the hotel with us that night (complete with mini cans of champagne!). My only criticism is that at times I felt the folks there weren't as responsive as I expected them to be -- perhaps this is because I spent 10+ years in a professional service industry where I was expected to respond to client inquiries in a matter of a couple of hours (and at the most 24 hours), so my expectations may be a bit higher. And this probably wouldn't bother someone less type-A than me :). But there were times when I had to reach out a couple of time before getting an answer -- I get that everyone gets busy especially during peak times, but it seems like a response within a couple of days isn't unreasonable. However, overall even given this feedback, if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change my decision to go with Foodz -- the day-of service and delicious food far outweighed any negatives!

Profile Picture Katie, 1/21/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We attended an even hosted by Foodz elsewhere and were impressed by the taste of their food and the elegance of their presentation. They sold us with a salmon dish that was pan seared to order!

When it came down to crunch time our contact Shelby came to meet with our venue coordinator and discussed the details. We were able to efficiently hash out all of the specifics. Even during the meeting, Shelby was quick to note that they could or could not provide items at a lower cost then the venue itself, recommending us to use one or the other to save on costs.

Shelby was very easy to work with and very quick to respond to emails. I rated only 3/5 because it was very difficult to get an itemized quote from them. If you're planning a wedding, you know that there are many options for chairs, glasses, linens, tables, etc. We were trying to get the most cost effective solution, even if it meant using several different vendors (one for each specific item). When Foodz catering sent us our quotes based on our recommendations, they were always "bottom line only." It was very difficult to get an itemized quote for us to asses the cost compared to other vendors for various things.

Profile Picture Hana, 7/5/14, 9 Reviews