foodwerx Reviews

foodwerx 5
foodwerx 6
foodwerx 7

Amy Levine-Brittin · Getting married on 10/26/2019

Foodwerx hits it out of the park!

My daughter uses Foodwerx for her corporate clients & recommended them for her sister's Bridal Shower. Roxanne was fantastic, she made sure we had everything we needed to make the day a success. Our servers were attentive and efficient, and the food, it was amazing! All of our guests were raving about the food and many requested business cards for their future events. I can't thank Roxanne enough for making my daughter's bridal shower such a stress free and delicious celebration. We will definitely be working with Roxanne and Foodwerx again, they're our new go-to caterer.

Sent on 09/09/2019
    foodwerx 8
    foodwerx 9
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 09/06/2019

Incredible!

I could not be happier that we hired Foodwerx to cater our wedding! As we were planning, Krista was available to answer any questions I had right away - even when I called asking to stop in unexpectedly she made the time for us! Our venue did not have a kitchen (and it rained) and they were still able to accommodate everything we wanted and then some! Their service was phenomenal and our guests are still raving about the food! I can not thank them enough for everything they did to make our wedding day PERFECT!!!

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Shaniqua

Shaniqua Rhodes · Married on 08/25/2019

Awesome experience

The food was delicious nicely seasoned and the service is awesome.

Sent on 09/05/2019

Jillian · Married on 08/17/2019

Catering bachelorette

Foodwerx has been amazing. They are catering my wedding, they also catered my bachelorette party. The food was so good, all my guests raved about it! The staff was so helpful and accommodating! They have made this experience of wedding planning much easier and given me much needed peace of mind. Foodwerx staff are kind and professional and the quality of service and food is amazing!

Sent on 08/02/2019

Alex · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing experience!

Great experiene with Foodwerx! From the start Roxanne was very helpful in making sure the day was amazing. The food great! We got a lot of compliments on the food.

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 05/04/2019

PERFECT for my wedding!

I had Foodwerx for my June 8 wedding at the Camden County Boathouse. They deserve more than 5 stars for their service day of! Everything was perfect and food was amazing! I worked with Matt, and he was always responsive and made the catering aspect of my wedding the easiest vendor to book and manage! I will recommend to all family and friends! Thanks again for your fabulous services!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Anne Caruso · Married on 10/26/2018

Go for the best!

Can not say enough great things about Foodwerx. Leading up to the wedding Roxanne, our sales person, was in regular contact with us, the venue and our wedding planner. The day of the wedding she was there from beginning to end. The food & presentation were terrific. Coming from a family of foodies, that says a lot. Service staff was so accommodating and polite, willing to help in any way they can. Roxanne periodically checked in to make sure everything was going well and to offer me a cocktail. ;) She was "boots on the ground" the entire day. Received so many compliments from our guests on the quality of the food. Can't ask for more than that.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Brittany · Married on 10/05/2018

Foodwerx exceeded my expectations for my wedding this past Friday and I am beyond impressed with the amount of work they put into my event and the quality of the food. Roxanne was an absolute delight to work with. She was more than accommodating with every detail and last minute change. She sent even sent me reminder texts the weekend before my wedding to remember the cake cutting utensils, flutes, etc. My nerves were settled as soon as I began working with her. I would also like to give a shotout to Patricia, she took over as head of staff on the night of my wedding and everything went swimmingly. Patricia was so attentive to me and my husband’s every need. The service and staff were excellent and so very professional. Moreover, the food was FABULOUS. I had at least 40 people go out of there way to brag about the steak and salmon which blew me away. Im so thrilled I went with foodwerk and highly recommend them for your next event. You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Megan · Married on 09/15/2018

Foodwerx recently catered our wedding and the food and service were exceptional. The food was amazing, from cocktail hour, to dinner. Not only did the food taste amazing but the cocktail displays they put out were a work or art.
    Matthew was the best! He was always available to answer our phone calls, texts and emails and he set up our decor perfectly! I felt completely at ease the day of my wedding because I knew Matthew was taking care of everything. I can’t thank him enough for all he did for us.
    The servers were friendly and attentive, and we had food and drinks brought to us throughout the night. Our guests also noticed how friendly and accommodating the servers were.
    Foodwerx provided us with the perfect day, I highly recommend choosing Foodwerx as your caterer.

Sent on 09/29/2018

David · Married on 01/05/2018

We knew from our first meeting with the foodwerx team our day would be a success. Their attention to detail from planning, execution and post reception were excellent. Through all of our pitfalls in inclement weather, venues being closed by the county and other logistics the staff was there for us on our special day. The quality and presentation of the food was superior. We are still receiving positive comments from all of our guest but mostly about the food. We cannot thank the entire team enough for providing us the best in class service through it all and mostly to Nick and Shannon who coordinated with us on every detail. Thank you! Dave & Kim Chianese

Sent on 01/18/2018

Debbie · Married on 06/11/2017

Shannon helped coordinate a wonderful menu that wowed our guests for a Bridal Shower! The presentation was over the top - our friends are still talking about it! We were so impressed that we are using Shannon at Foodwerx for our daughter's upcoming graduation party.

Sent on 04/24/2017

Heather · Married on 03/17/2017

When looking for a caterer for our St. Patrick's day wedding finding someone who understood the concept that we were looking for was challenging. I came across Foodwerx and felt a bit of relief when seeing on the website that they specialize in fusion food. Irish cuisine is not necessarily known for the classiest of dishes, but it was a wedding and I wanted to carry on the theme of the day. I originally spoke with Nicholas who put together a wonderful family style menu for us. From there I went on to work with Shannon and Dawn. Both women were very helpful, accommodating and patient. They literally went out of their way to make things easy on me. Everything from linens, to utensils and servers was taken care of. That was a huge help considering that I was planning the wedding from across the country. The day of the wedding everything was set up beautifully. The staff was polite and efficient. The food was delicious! (Especially the vegetarian Shepard pie that my family was doubting) The price was fantastic. We are very pleased with our experience. Thank you!

Sent on 05/16/2017
  • User5087687 · event on 05/16/2015

Couldn't recommend them more. Foodwerx catered a party at our home for 30 people and made it so easy and FUN. I worked with Alyssa and she was so professional, responsive, and easy to work with from our first conversation. On the day of the party, the food came exactly on time, was completely delicious, and we even had leftovers after feeding a group that LOVES to eat. The guests raved about everything, and the Foodwerx team even called the next day to see how it all went. So so great. Super recommended.

Sent on 05/18/2015

Karol · Married on 02/01/2015

My wedding was all that I envisioned it to be and MORE!
    I interviewed 3 caterers when my husband and I were planning our wedding. After our initial meeting with Nick Wall (the owner of foodwerx), we both agreed Nick "GETS IT". It was important to us that our caterer would be able to listen to all of our "must haves" and our other crazy ideas......and believe me, we had some crazy ones!
    Nick and his staff truly made our dream a reality! The food was to die for! The appetizers were incredible! The tablescaping was a work of art......We had some very last minute dietary restrictions added -- the chef @ foodwerx was not only able to accommodate us, but he added some suggestions that just "wowed" our guests.
    We now not only have a fabulous caterer, but a new forever friend....
    P.S. On the morning of our wedding, Nick sent over "complimentary" Continental Breakfast displays to both my parent's home & my husband's apartment. The pastry was delicious and the edible orchids were a HUGE hit!
    Nick Wall just "GETS IT"!

Sent on 04/30/2015

Brit · Married on 09/29/2011

Foodwerx did a great job with our wedding. We were very happy with the wide selection of delicious foods to add to the quality of our event. The appetizers were particularly excellent and they were great about serving the signature cocktails that we created and accommodating a wide variety of dietary desires.

Planning of the event was prompt, professional, and well organized. Roxanne is amazing. We appreciated her organization and being on top of everything. She was very attentive to our needs and details and timing of the event. Alesia was a great addition to the aesthetic of the wedding. Everything looked so beautiful and she completely understood and executed the style we were going for.

Everyone involved with the team was so kind and considerate. We highly recommend Foodwerx for weddings and other events!

Sent on 10/11/2018
    foodwerx 10
    foodwerx 11
    foodwerx 12
    foodwerx 13
    foodwerx 14

Melissa · event on 09/06/2014

I booked with Foodwerx Catering for a bridal shower, and everyone that attended was very pleased with the food and the display. We had around 75 guests attending this party. Their menu has a wide variety of options which was important to me, since some guests had dietary restrictions. Planning was a breeze, the person in the office was very helpful with helping select the menu and the communication up until the day of the event was very helpful always returned my email/calls within a reasonable amount of time. The food was amazing, fresh and displayed perfectly. The attendants that were assigned to our party where on target with making sure the displays were full, and supplies were available. I highly recommend this caterer and will be using them again for future events.

Sent on 03/23/2015

Melissa · event on 11/16/2016

This was my second time ordering from this caterer. First time around was personal a few years back, this time was for my place of employment. We ordered a catered lunch for an executive meeting and are extremely pleased with the food, service and presentation. From the moment we placed our order no details were missed.

In an office environment we normally get stuck ordering from the local pizza joint but wanted a step up, this was a leap. Although our food was in disposable containers the presentation of items was incredible. Wedding quality food is how I would rate our selection. The driver who delivered our order was organized, on time and very friendly.

We will definitely be utilizing Foodwerx in the future for our meeting needs, our staff is still raving! Thank you!

Sent on 11/30/2016

I was beyond elated when a ring was placed on my finger and I got to start the wedding planning process. Then reality set in and I realized holy cow, I was in over my head. Through a referral from our event venue, we reached out to foodwerx to handle the catering aspect of our wedding. What a wonderful decision it turned out to be. Getting married so close to Christmas was a concern, as we didn't want the holiday to overshadow our wishes. Well did Nick and team deliver on that! They gave us the most perfect "Tropical" feeling wedding in the middle of winter that we could have asked for. On our big day it even rained, making it feel extra tropical, but our guests didn't even notice as the staff was outside with umbrellas to usher them inside. From the customer service, to the food, flow and everything else, we couldn't have asked for a better day. I would do it all over again if I could and wouldn't change a thing. I recommend foodwerx to anyone planning an event, large or small. They are the best!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Bonnie · event on 03/22/2015

3.5

I chose Foodwerx because it was one of the approved vendors at the facility where I rented a room for my daughter's bridal shower. I liked the Foodwerx menu best because of the variety of selections and the nice assortment of salads and entrees. I had the good fortune to work with Alyssa who guided me through the menu selection and set up details. She was very professional, attentive and pleasant to work with. Everything went very smoothly the day of the event. Food was delicious. Alyssa and Jennifer took care of everything. I was able to relax and enjoy my daughter's bridal shower with my friends and family. The bride-to-be said she couldn't have imagined a more perfect day.

Sent on 03/23/2015

I was definitely not a bride with all the details set and ready to go once we had our date in mind. I was contemplating having a destination wedding since the whole process seemed overwhelming. Finding our catering "family" as we now refer to Foodwerx as, is what kept us close to home.

Initially, I sent a few general requests out to different local catering companies. Nick, the owner of Foodwerx responded and assured me he would convince me to stay local, I told him challenge accepted! For the owner of a catering company to be so hands on was impressive and showed he cared about his product. I did not want a traditional menu, and the Foodwerx menu is the most expansive I had seen. Once I felt comfortable that they would handle all of the details, we decided to get married in Ocean City, NJ. A beautiful mix of destination (beach) and local.

From the tasting to the day of the wedding, everything was great! The menu did have unique items such as Kale & Edamame Potstickers and Hanging Charcuterie. The food was AMAZING!! and our guests could not stop talking about it. The staff at our wedding were great, any requests were accommodated and we were able to enjoy the night!

I will only use Foodwerx moving forward for our parties, including when we start our family!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Adrianne · Married on 10/04/2015

We selected foodwerx for our wedding partially due to their huge catering menu! The menu selection meeting was very positive and productive. The food tasting session unfortunately had to be rescheduled last minute twice, by foodwerx. They were always quick to follow up, working around my crazy schedule and set a new date. I gave my feedback on the food (Delicious!!!!), and asked for just a few minor adjustments.
    As the day drew closer, we had a visit from foodwerx that helped layout the day and map. It was fun and she was very eager to work with us to do whatever we wanted and make the day as stress free as possible. We knew we were in

Sent on 10/10/2015

Janet · Married on 09/06/2014

2.8
      3.0
      3.0
      2.0
      2.0

The food was amazing!!
    The service was terrible. After specifically scheduling a sit down meeting with the owner and the head caterer to address concerns a week prior to the wedding, they still managed to disappoint on service. My desserts were not on the cake table, they did not cut and serve cake to my guests and as soon as they were paid, the caterer and servers up and left. Nothing said, things left undone. I will not do business with this company again and it is a shame, because they really do make great food.

Sent on 10/10/2014
  • Natta

Natta · Married on 07/26/2019

1.0

I may be the rare miss among all these 5 star reviews but...

One of the very first things Foodwerx will tell you is that they are the most expensive, but they are the best. I followed them on social media, and was familiar with their level of flair and pizazz. We scheduled a tasting, and were sold on hiring them. We planned our wedding within 5 months, so things moved quickly - and were good until about a week prior to our wedding.

If you had asked me a week before my wedding to review them, this would be a 5 star review hands down - at the time of this review-2 weeks after our wedding, here is why it is not and why I can not recommend them-

1. It all started when we received our final invoice a week ish before our event. The remaining balance amount was higher than our contract rate. I sent the invoice back for review 3 times, before I had to spell out for them how and why it was wrong. When you are quoted and on your contract, the services are line itemed (adults, kids, vendors, bar, bartenders,rentals [not itemized btw], etc) , and calculated individually including 20% service and tax. you see the cost of each service and then all the services are summed up at the bottom. When you get your quick books invoice- all the services are added up in a column (larger subtotals), then multiplied by 20% (larger service fee), added together, then taxed (more taxes). (remember PEMDAS from math class and you'll see the issue) After some back and forth, I informed them that I was only obligated to pay them what was contracted, and they revised my invoice to reflect what they quoted me (which as it turns out, was misquoted in the first place with bad math) I received my final invoice a day or two before the wedding.

2. Remember all the pizazz and flair I was excited about earlier? Well, I didn't get any of it. We might as well had held our wedding at the local buffet place, or hired a much cheaper caterer for the complete lack of ummph their food displays had. Think wedding typical - buffet salad and full sized plates, self serve, items not replenished - a few sashes, candles, and identification signs for décor. Nothing special or memorable. Zero flair. Which wouldn't have been an issue had they not over sold how amazing it would be in both presentation and taste. The set up was up and down so fast for apps, dinner, and dessert, that my photographer couldn't get pictures of them and they weren't included in my album.

3. so how was the food you ask... I wouldn't know, I DIDN'T GET ANY. Not during the event, and nothing to take with me even though they insist they gave us food to go. (a couple to go pack is supposedly standard- as it's apparently common for the couple to eat very little during the wedding. we did not get ours and at 2 am at the hotel I was starving) My guests however, raved about taste of appetizers and dinner - but did note that servings felt restricted and items were not replenished so if you weren't first in line, you didn't get everything you might have wanted. Mind you, we had well over 20 adult guests no show - so there should have been plenty of food. No one should have left hungry. Dessert had similar issues of being set up and taken down so quickly that many (including our photographer) weren't aware that there even was dessert; and yet there were no leftovers.
    The wedding cake is contracted in, and serviced by Bredenbacks in Chestnut Hill, PA. (you have to travel there for their tasting) They only serve pound cakes in their tiered wedding cakes. So, 4 tiers of pounds it was. I didn't get any of the other 3 tiers and we took the top tier home. It was pound cake.

4. what about service - well, remember where I said I didn't eat... well that was because someone took my plates off the sweetheart table before I even touched them. Wait staff removed guests plates off tables when they got up to go for example to the bar - regardless of whether or not the plates appeared eaten and without asking anyone else at the table if that person was done. This was the most common feedback I received about service. "I went to get a drink and all my food was gone"

5. Our menu had also been altered from what we requested without prior discussion - 1 appetizer was left out completely, 1 was unrecognizable and not appealing even in photos, and 1 should have had a cheesesteak filing, but instead contained something with beans.. At dinner - the chicken option was supposed to be a stuffed breast, but instead was medallion style and served 2 slivers at a time. Just not what we were expecting since the tasting (where we tried the entire menu) was so very different. It's a good thing I went to the tasting because otherwise, I'd have spent about 12k without any idea of how it tasted and I'd be furious.

fyi- the kids meals are chicken tenders and fries. It doesn't tell you that anywhere, but that's what it turned out to be. We thought that it was a seperate rate to account for smaller portions of the dinner included into the final count. We paid about $40/kid for tenders and fries. None of the kids ate $40 worth of tenders or fries.

6. Roxanne - we paid the extra $500 dollars to have Roxanne do our day of coordinating. She is a diligent planner, who ironed out wrinkles with the venue, and some other planning-your-wedding-in less-than-6 months issues. She did a great job of getting all the vendors on the same page and schedule (even though that schedule later threw wrenches into my photographers schedule, who cited her master schedule as the reason we are missing photos). She is a wonderful person to work with. Now whether or not Foodwerx throws her under the bus for all the mishaps of our day, and whether not they were fully within her scope- is yet to be seen. I did contact her after the wedding, and she didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with our event, aside from not starting on time. So who knows. If you're going to use them, she is worth the extra money. Just make sure you leave detailed instructions for your personalized décor - I realized things were not set up that had been delivered to the venue and were still in the boxes in the bridal suite, after the reception had started.
    Our wedding got off to a late start partially due to priority guests getting stuck in rush hour traffic (venue was on Cherry Hill/Pennsauken border) and then lost, bridesmaids and the make up artist getting held up in rush hour traffic (Friday night event) - ugh! - So to accommodate we shortened the ceremony, cut out some of the dances, and cut the speeches and toatsts from the night. By the end we were only off by about 15mins. It was not worth the feeling of beating the clock, or feeling like we missed things. In hindsight, I would have rather had the option to pay for an extra hour than to have spent so much money and walk away disappointment in the final outcome.
    There were a series of other mishaps including a bar tender deciding to close up earlier than last call, missing alcohol that can't be accounted for, and having to end our event earlier than initially planned because Foodwerx set the schedule and pace of our event.

As I said I waited 2 weeks to review them because I sent the owner an email outlining my dissatisfaction. His response - he wanted my husband and I to come in and meet with their staff. I told them I wasn't interested in taking more time off from work to have people "explain" to us why they feel like what was done was enough, and that if he were going to give a cursory customer service apology I didn't need to lose more money to get it . I assumed they cut corners on my event because poor accounting on their part didn't net them their usual profit. I included this in my email and it wasn't denied.

Could it have been just an off day all the way around? Possibly. Everyone has one. I didn't ask for a refund, but maybe I should have and then at least I would have gotten an apology.

Sent on 08/09/2019