Food Paradise Reviews

Food Paradise 4
  • Isabel

Isabel · Married on 07/05/2019

Best Traditional Creole Food in Puerto Rico

My husband and I wanted to have traditional creole food from Puerto Rico served at our wedding and so we decided to go with Food Paradise! We are so happy we did because the food was excellent! Not only was the taste of the food excellent the presentation was phenomenal.
    We had food stations set up during cocktail hour as well as passed horderves. The stations were absolutely beautifully set up. We had a three course dinner starting with a salad which was delicious, second course was the traditional dinner to which our guests chose from a fish, chicken, beef or a vegetarian option. To finish we had coffee and tea served. The wait staff did an excellent job making sure the dinner was given to everyone on time and in an orderly fashion while still very hot!
    As a surprise Food Paradise had asopao (traditional Puerto Rican soup dish) served to our guest towards the end of the night! Everything was incredible and we are so happy that we went with Food Paradise. I recommend Food Paradise for anyone seeking to do their wedding in Puerto Rico; you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/14/2019
    Food Paradise 5
    Food Paradise 6
    Food Paradise 7
    Food Paradise 8

Deborah · Married on 02/24/2019

Great Food And Very Affordable!

We hired Food Paradise through our wedding planner, and it was the best decision! Not only were they very affordable, but their food was delicious! We went with the buffet option, and there was an abundance of very delicious food. No one was left hungry! We highly recommend!

Sent on 03/05/2019

Heather · Married on 02/10/2019

Great Food!

Food Paradise was one of two caterers recommended by our wedding planner. We met with both of them for a tasting and Food Paradise blew the competition away, both in presentation and quality of the food. We opted for the buffet option so that my husband could have a roasted pig which was his one request for our destination wedding in Puerto Rico. The food was fresh, hot and delicious. We received so many compliments from our guests about how great it was. I highly recommend Food Paradise!

Sent on 03/09/2019

Al · Married on 08/11/2018

We love Food Paradise! Wow! Grandiosa comida desde el primer día que la probamos, quedamos enamorados. Grandioso team, un servicio de excelencia, entregamos y profesionales. Tod nuestros invitados amaron su comida. De verdad que se los recomiendo 100%

Sent on 08/22/2018

Keila · Married on 07/15/2017

Conocí food paradise como dama de una boda hace tres años y me encantó toda la comida. Los contacté para mi boda y la experiencia fue incluso mejor. El tasting fue toda una cena romántica. En nuestra boda, la comida estuvo espectacular desde los entremeses del
    coctel, las sangrías, hasta la
    sopita del final. Los invitados estaban más que complacidos, incluyendo una pareja judía. El servicio fue fenomenal y, lo más importante, sentimos que todo fue preparado con mucho amor. Se ajustaron a nuestro presupuesto y estuvieron muy receptivos a cada petición y cambio. Me quedo con ellos para futuras actividades y los recomiendo 100%. También nos proveyeron servicio de barra.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Adianeris · Married on 06/10/2017

Great food! They were the caterers for my wedding and it was awesome. Everyone was talking about the "mamposteao" and the skirt steak with their respective sauces. We had a food tasting and Jorge was really polite and food was out of this world!! Will definitely recommend them again.

Sent on 07/25/2017
  • I

Ines · Married on 06/09/2017

We had a wonderful experience working with Food Paradise for our wedding.
    Jorge was very professional, and stood out from the rest because of the quality of his food (at such a great price!). He was very accommodating and flexible with the menu, even offering a gluten-free variation at no additional cost.
    Great price. Great service. Great food.

Sent on 07/05/2017
  • W

Wanda · Married on 07/17/2016

Food Paradise was highly recommended by our wedding planner Ricardo Diaz from Moi Chic for our hacienda-style wedding theme. From the very beginning at our food tasting, we knew that this recommendation was the right choice for our wedding. We selected a classic Puerto Rican cuisine menu but also Jorge, the chef, offered another option for the main course for our consideration; he was right. The staff was wonderfully professional, especially the lady taking care of us (bride and groom) who was very attentive to our needs. During the cocktail hour, the staff prepared a sample platter for us while we were having our photos taken- which was a nice touch. In general, the food was absolutely delicious and so well presented; the dress code of the waiters was appropriate for a wedding reception, and the staff attentiveness superb. Needless to say, everyone at our wedding was impressed with the service and flavors of the food catered by Food Paradise. It's been six weeks after our wedding and guests are still talking about how delicious the food was. This company not only offers Puerto Rican cuisine but also provides menus of international dishes. If you hire them, you will not be disappointed at all with their professional staff's service and their food offerings. And another great thing, the price is very reasonable. We strongly recommend Food Paradise!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Food Paradise was awesome! We selected Jorge because we wanted our guests, many of whom never visited Puerto Rico before, to try some Puerto Rican cuisines and flavors. We were impressed with the quality of their services beginning with the food tasting. Jorge provided us 6 appetizers for the cocktail hour, a soup, and 2 entrees with sides to sample. After the tasting, we were able to customize our choices for the wedding which the guests loved. For the cocktail hour they provided 2 different types of sangrias and were very attentive to our guests. While my husband and I forgot all about eating in the midst of our wedding high, taking photos, etc, Food Paradise prepared a beautiful sample platter that was waiting for us in the reception hall. This was truly a highlight...everything on our plate was delicious and there were more items on there than what we selected during our tasting...a TRIPLE PLUS. Towards the end of the evening, Food Paradise had a surprise/complimentary Puerto Rican soup for everyone. Couldn't be happier with their services.

Sent on 12/04/2015

eve · Married on 06/05/2015

It was a pleasure and privilege to us to have Food Paradise at our daughter's wedding event.

We feel so lucky to have had a talented, friendly, responsive and professional carterer who from the begining planning until the end was always available, with a wide variety of delicious hors d' oeuvre , main dishes and drinks to die for!
    At the wedding, the guests were impressed with all the dishes; everything was delicious and fresh! Everyone raved about the food!
    I completely recommend Food Paradise to everyone seeking an extraordinary caterer.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Lemuel · Married on 01/24/2015

Thanks! Everything was absolutely wonderful. When I was younger I did worked in cathering. So I had a good idea of what I wanted. In my job I have to attend numerous meeting, both in Puerto Rico and the US. I have ate in multiple restaurants and recently in multiple friend's weddings. So yes, My expecttions were high. So we were introduced to Jorge and his company Food Pardise, as an option. They offered a tasting meeting, which was wonderful. They are a small business, not a restaurant so the best communication is by email in my opinion. We met, ate and were amazed by the presentation and flavors. We chosed what we wanted, and even changed some alternatives later on without problems. We added the alcohol beverages and even various flavored mojitos. The day of the event everything runned smoothly. All our guest, mostly also professionals, were praising the food and loved the mojitos!! We were so happy to have pleased our guest and family who traveled to our wedding. Seeing them happy, pleased, and being able to eat more than once was wondeful. We also were able to eat and drink plenty. I do recommend them as your cathering. The price was more than fair and I must add the food quality has nothing to envy more expensive catherings. They worked very well with our wedding planner. STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 01/26/2015

Aida · Married on 12/21/2014

Jorge was fast at providing us with quotes and alternatives for our wedding. His prices are very good and the presentation and quality of food was great. His service during the event was fantastic. My groom and I felt pampered by him and his team.
    People loved the pasta station and the paellas.
    He was able to accomodate other request that I had last minute and that made me feel very happy.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Marta · Married on 12/06/2014

My husband and I hired Jorge and the Food Paradise team to cater both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding after having a great tasting experience with him. The food was wonderful, the service was great, but most of all communicating with Jorge was a breeze. He was easy to reach, flexible, and always offered an array of options. Many guests at our wedding asked us for their contact information and we were so happy to recommend them.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Milagros · Married on 11/23/2014

Jorge was recommended to us by our wedding planner. We went to this website and read reviews and we were a little worried at first because of mixed reviews. We are so glad we ignored the reviews and agreed to meet with him for a food tasting; the food was delicious!!! Which is not easy for me to say about food since my father is a chef and I am used to certain standards when it comes to food preparation and presentation. Jorge was very understanding; he even altered one of his recipes to accommodate our taste. The communication with him was great; he was very approachable and always responded quickly to emails, text or calls.

The day of the wedding the service was excellent, everyone was talking about how good the food was during the cocktail hour. For the reception we had a sit down dinner of 4 courses. The waiters were very attentive (they are from Jorge’s team); the food arrived in a timely manner, always hot and well presented, without any delays or rush between plates. Our guest were impressed by the food, the way it look and mostly the way it tasted, they all commented on how delicious it was.

We are so glad we listened to our wedding planner recommendation of using Food Paradise as our caters. We think that food is one of the most important aspects of a wedding reception and Jorge and his team totally surpassed our expectations.

Sent on 03/10/2015

Juan · Married on 01/19/2014

Very good service, responsible, excellent foot presentation and flavorous, hight quality ingredients. Excellent dress code.

Sent on 01/19/2014
  • Emelina

Emelina · Married on 10/12/2013

We first met Jorge on a food tasting that was booked by our wedding coordinator, Yaska Crespo. We told him of several choices we made before the tasting. However, he had made us other plates that caught our attention. So, in order to please us, he gave us more options as to the distribution of the food, so that we could provide more options to our guests at the wedding. What can I say? COMPLETE SUCCESS... Food was DELICIOUS, service was incredible, and the setting was nicely made. The guests couldn't stop telling us how great the food was, and that they were very gentle and attentive when serving them. We couldn't be more thankful to Jorge and his Food Paradise team. We wish you all the best. GREAT WORK GUYS!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/16/2013
  • judith

judith · Married on 09/29/2012

Catering service was awsome food was great have no complaints.

Sent on 10/10/2012
  • Jaynice

Jaynice · Married on 06/30/2018

Delicious food

Most weddings I've been to have had decent to forgettable food. Not ours. Our food was mouth wateringly DELICIOUS and unforgettable (I'm drooling right now just thinking about it!), thanks to Jorge's work. When we first met with him as a potential vendor, he cooked us a sample of several dishes and drink specials he could make. We ended up getting the majority of the options he made because they were delicious. Our guests loved the food (and the churrasco was some of the best I've had). To bring that level of quality to catering for a large party (130 people) is extremely difficult, but Jorge did it. Thank you for keeping our stomachs happy and for cooking up magic!
    Daniel and Jaynice

Sent on 06/26/2019

T Loder · Married on 11/11/2018

Great value and impressive service

We were very happy with the food and were pleasantly surprised by how attentive they were at our wedding. So grateful it worked out so nicely. Having quality food was of upmost importance to us, and we didn’t quite know what to expect. In truth, we loved the food and presentation even moreso at the wedding than we did at the tasting.

Sent on 03/25/2019

Jennifer · Married on 01/31/2015

3.0

Jorge is an AMAZING chef!!! He was recommended to me by my wedding planner and we did a tasting in May on my only trip to PR for my half destination wedding. I fell in love with his food options and presentations. I tried catering from 2 others and nothing compared.

What we chose:
    We chose 3 stations; buffet style. Puerto Rican, Spanish and Italian. We had passed horderves during our cocktail hour and open bar for the duration of the reception. As well as passed coffee.

WOW!!! I cannot say enough. His prices are more than fair, the food is delicious and our guests took full advantage of the 3 stations. I still have guests raving about the food selection.

I only have 2 cons....it was SO hard to get a hold of Jorge...most all communication was through my wedding planner. The only other is I heard that staff removed the plates from the table a bit to soon for some of my guests.

To me the above are minor things that are easily forgotten!! I was so please with Jorge!!!!

GRACIAS JORGE!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 02/09/2015

3.8
      3.0

I agree with one of the other reviews you get what you pay for. To start we were recommended to Jorge by our wedding planner who assured us that this was a great and affordable option. At the time she recommended we go with buffet style (first red flag) which now looking back I believe we should have listened. Anyhow our first meeting with Jorge was cancelled and rescheduled twice before we could actually meet with him ( another red flag). Once we did the food tasting went well and we were impressed with the flavor of the food and what would be provided with the price (linens, table setting, open bar, napkins for $55 pp). So we agreed, later we had to change from buffet to sit down as my in laws (who were paying for the food and drink insisted on a sit down dinner) which I believe was our fatal mistake. From our guest responses to the food I would say 50% were very happy and satisfied, while 50% found the food to be cold and the salad lifeless. My husband and I also had to send our food back to be heated but we thought it was because we stood up to dance but now we are unsure. Everyone was very happy with the open bar and the selections provided, and the waiters were great and friendly. So if you decide to consider this vendor I would recommend buffet style if not beware, your food my be cold and your guest will complain. If asked would I recommend this vendor or use them again, I would only if it was for a small event and for buffet style, otherwise no I would not recommend them.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Libby · Married on 07/06/2012

1.6
      2.0
      0.5
      2.0
      1.0
      2.5

So I guess its true what they say, you get what you pay for. When we first talked to Jorge and and Food Paradise Catering about catering our wedding at the Casa de España in San Juan, PR we were excited because he sounded like he knew what he was talking about and his quotes were very reasonable. My now-husband is a catering manager himself so we were confident from speaking to him that he would be able to take care of everything that we wanted. When we had done our tasting in January we were even more excited. The food then was absolutely delicious and perfect.
    In hindsight we should have been a bit more wary given how difficult it was to hear back from him, having to call, leave messages, write emails, and text repeatedly just to get him to respond briefly by text or sometimes by email. But we naively thought this was a little more to do with 'island time' and less to do with a lack of professionalism and experience. So that was a first issue with Jorge and Food Paradise.
    Cut to the day of the wedding... Everyone said that the hor d'oeuvres we had at the cocktail hour were good. I can't verify because I only had 1 asparagus roll, and didn't see any other of the hor d'oeuvres being passed. I will choose to believe our guests though who said that they were good, at least the guests that were lucky enough to get some. Although I do know that my husband was upset about the 'honey-baked spiral ham' that was served at a station instead of the ham leg he had requested and Jorge had said they could do/would have.
    For dinner, based on our tasting we were confident that the food would be good. The salad I was especially looking forward to. I believe from talking to my guests that other people were lucky but I know that for myself I was quite disappointed when my salad came and instead of the spinach salad with red onions, strawberries, cornbread croutons and vinaigrette dressing I had iceberg lettuce, red onions, the cornbread croutons and no dressing. I did have blueberries on there too which was nice, but if I am paying for spinach I should get spinach instead of the much cheaper iceberg lettuce.
    For our entrees we had a 'surf & turf' of red snapper with a mango salsa and pork loin medallions with guava sauce. These were served with rice and vegetable medley and green beans. The rice and green beans were just as good as at the tasting but I'm fairly confident the mango salsa missed the plates of more everyone that I talked to which was disappointing as that might have hid the rubberiness of the fish a little better. The guava sauce for the pork was still excellent but the pork itself seemed to be much drier than at the tasting. Overall I would say that the food was mediocre to moderately ok, depending on where you were sitting.
    The real absolutely unacceptable issue I had with Jorge and Food Paradise was in the bussing of tables. This may seem like a rather small and inconsequential part of a wedding but it really kind of ruined ours, unfortunately. My husband had gone over the timeline of events at the reception with Jorge and had timed out when things were to be done, like the serving of salad, the toasting speech by the Best Man, the dinner, the toasting speech by the Maid of Honor, etc. So we were absolutely furious when a very short time after the 1st speech, by the Best Man all the champagne glasses, still full of champagne were taken from the all the tables and thrown out. We had to have wasted hundreds of dollars in champagne because they wanted to have the tables clear when it was convenient for them. When we asked why they were taking the glasses away the manager said that they had asked some of the guests if they could take theirs away and they had said that they could. I find it very hard to believe that anyone at a wedding is going to offer to have their 3/4 full champagne glass taken away before all the toasts are even finished.
    To make matters worse, after gathering all the champagne they proceeded to clear the tables of all other glasses by 9:00, including all water glasses. This was well before we had planned cut the cake. Again the manager had said that they asked people and that it was okay, although they clearly never bothered to ask either myself or my husband who would have told them absolutely not to clear the tables of all glasses.
    The reason this is so upsetting to me is that with the tables cleared of all glasses along with the dinner plates it sends a message to the guests that the party is basically over. And that being done 3 hours into our 6 hour reception really just sends guests to the door.
    The last bit to tell all of you potentially-never clients of Food Paradise Catering is that to top off a rather awful catering experience we found that at the end of the night when we were supposed to pay for the services, Jorge had left and was not there to collect the final payment. (This did somewhat work to our advantage as we renegotiated the price since we had no intention of paying for the stale full-sized donuts that he served instead of the mini donut bar that we planned to surprise our guests with at the end of the night.)
    Overall though, I think we paid far more than we should have, though it was only about $30/plate. So again, I recommend literally anyone else but Food Paradise Catering as a caterer, for any type of event.

Sent on 07/16/2012