Food Paradise Reviews

4.8 out of 5 rating

• Kendra
    Kendra K. Married on 03/26/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Jorge made this COVID bride cry tears of joy!!!

WOW!!!! I just cannot overstate how much I love this guy!!! Being a COVID bride, I missed out on a lot of "bride" things: my dress shopping experience was limited, my husband didn't get to do his original proposal plan, etc. None of these things bothered me because I was marrying the love of my life. But then Jorge at Food Paradise made me feel special and bridal for the first time in the process. The food tasting, which was free, felt like a Mihcelin star private dining experience. His home where this takes place, is completely remodeled to be the ultimate intimate date experience. You and your partner will sit at a mirrored table under an elegant chandelier while he dims the lights and plays soft love songs in Spanish. He gives you space as he brings out each appetizer, salad, and entree. He of course asked our opinion, but you can tell he is confident in his abilities because he is not hovering- he truly wants you to have an experience.

At the actual reception, our wedding coordinator swept us away to be alone for a few minutes during cocktail hour before pictures, and Jorge was immediately at our service. He brought us a celebratory sangria and all of the apps our guests were enjoying. He even brought us seconds of our favorites. Everything was moist, delicious, and authentic Puerto Rican cuisine. It was simple yet upscale and beautiful on the plate. The dinner was equally as great (though I was so excited by that point that I only had a bite of each item on my plate). Everyone, both my husband's Puerto Rican/Dominican family, and my white midwestern family, agreed that it was one of the best wedding meals they had ever had. Just WOW! Thank you thank you thank you Food Paradise!

*for destination gals, his English is somewhat limited, but I don't think that hindered my experience working with him at all, unlike some other vendors. Granted, my husband is Puerto Rican, but many of you may have a wedding coordinator that could also help, though I doubt you will need it.
  • Viviana
    Viviana G. Married on 03/19/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

THE best food you will have and perfect for your wedding!

Food paradise was a dream to work with. Smooth process, food tasting, and my oh my the food was AMAZING. Our guests have not stopped raving about the food and we are so grateful that they were able to accommodate different dietary preferences!
  • Rocio
    Rocio L. Married on 11/28/2021

delicious Puertorican food!

Thank you Jorge for an amazing food experience at our wedding. Jorge came recommended by our wedding planner and it was so easy and seamless working with the whole Food Paradise team. We had a very special wedding tasting at Jorge's house and loved everything we selected. He had great suggestions for us as well. The buffet was amazing and the service from everyone working was great. We were very happy with everything.
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
  • Marina
    Marina V. Married on 10/29/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Z&M2020 (which ended up being Z&M2021)

Jorge hizo un excelente trabajo durante el proceso de planificación del menu de nuestra boda, tasting, y con su equipo nos dieron una experiencia espectacular a nosotros (los novios) y a todos nuestros invitados!

Durante la planificación, él nos ofreció diferentes opciones según la vision que nosotros le describimos de nuestro gran día, combinando las diferentes culturas que trata cada familia (Ecuatoriana y Puertorriqueña). Fue muy flexible con nuestra disponibilidad ya que no vivimos en Puerto Rico, y nos ayudo muchísimo a sacar adelante nuestro evento a pesar de todos los inconvenientes que la pandemia (COVID-19) trajo a nuestra organización.

Muchos de nuestros invitados nos preguntaron específicamente sobre algunas opciones de comida durante el evento debido a lo mucho que les gusto, lo cual refleja la calidad del producto que ellos ofrecen, y el servicio de todos sus empleados fue de los mejores que hemos observado en la industria. Muchas gracias Jorge!
  • Maria
    Maria C. Married on 08/28/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent quality and great price

Food Paradise delivered quality, service and great price. Food was beautifully presented and exquisite. From the appetizers to the buffet everything was on point and the service magnificent. Price was very reasonable and much lower that other quotes we received for the same thing.
  • Vestavia
    Vestavia S. Married on 03/24/2021

So Good!!!!

We were introduced to Jorge and Food Paradise through our wedding planner Merylin Andino and he did not disappoint. We made a trip to PR a few months before the wedding and scheduled a tasting that confirmed we made the best decision ever on catering. When I say it was some of the best food I have ever had, i am not exaggerating. We ultimately decided on have a Puerto Rican, Spanish, and Italian food station for our reception and our family and friends have yet to stop commenting on the quality and amount of food they got at our reception. Jorge even made my husbands dream of a wing bar come to life. If you are looking for a culinary experience that your guests will not soon forget, choose Food Paradise!
  • Joeline
    Joeline Married on 02/25/2021

Incredible Food

Jorge was highly recommended by our wedding planner and WOW was she right. The food was incredible!! We are so thankful for Jorge's flexibility with multiple postponements and changes in guest count due to the pandemic. Although we originally planned a buffet style dinner, we had to change to a plated dinner at the last minute and Jorge was quick to accommodate. The appetizers, main course, and deserts were AMAZING! Our guests will be talking about the food for years to come. Highly recommend Jorge and his team for your event!
  • Y
    Yulivet H. Married on 02/29/2020

I mean... Delicious!

Everything was beyond expected. Food was ridiculously amazing. Sangria was phenomenal. Appetizers were to die for. Their professionalism was impecable. I definitely would recommend them, with my eyes closed.
    Monica T. Married on 01/25/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfection! Best food, best service!!!

We decided on Food Paradise right at the tasting! Jorge is extremely attentive and sweet, and their food is just amazing. They answered every email, call and text, they accommodated every request and the food was beyond expectations. On our wedding day, all the guests were raving about the food and service provided by Food Paradise. Dav was exceptional!

Jorge and Food Paradise, thank you so much.

• Isabel
    Isabel Married on 07/05/2019

Best Traditional Creole Food in Puerto Rico

My husband and I wanted to have traditional creole food from Puerto Rico served at our wedding and so we decided to go with Food Paradise! We are so happy we did because the food was excellent! Not only was the taste of the food excellent the presentation was phenomenal.
    We had food stations set up during cocktail hour as well as passed horderves. The stations were absolutely beautifully set up. We had a three course dinner starting with a salad which was delicious, second course was the traditional dinner to which our guests chose from a fish, chicken, beef or a vegetarian option. To finish we had coffee and tea served. The wait staff did an excellent job making sure the dinner was given to everyone on time and in an orderly fashion while still very hot!
    As a surprise Food Paradise had asopao (traditional Puerto Rican soup dish) served to our guest towards the end of the night! Everything was incredible and we are so happy that we went with Food Paradise. I recommend Food Paradise for anyone seeking to do their wedding in Puerto Rico; you will not be disappointed!

Deborah Married on 02/24/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great Food And Very Affordable!

We hired Food Paradise through our wedding planner, and it was the best decision! Not only were they very affordable, but their food was delicious! We went with the buffet option, and there was an abundance of very delicious food. No one was left hungry! We highly recommend!
    Heather Married on 02/10/2019

Great Food!

Food Paradise was one of two caterers recommended by our wedding planner. We met with both of them for a tasting and Food Paradise blew the competition away, both in presentation and quality of the food. We opted for the buffet option so that my husband could have a roasted pig which was his one request for our destination wedding in Puerto Rico. The food was fresh, hot and delicious. We received so many compliments from our guests about how great it was. I highly recommend Food Paradise!
    Al Married on 08/11/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We love Food Paradise! Wow! Grandiosa comida desde el primer día que la probamos, quedamos enamorados. Grandioso team, un servicio de excelencia, entregamos y profesionales. Tod nuestros invitados amaron su comida. De verdad que se los recomiendo 100%
    Keila Married on 07/15/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Conocí food paradise como dama de una boda hace tres años y me encantó toda la comida. Los contacté para mi boda y la experiencia fue incluso mejor. El tasting fue toda una cena romántica. En nuestra boda, la comida estuvo espectacular desde los entremeses del
    coctel, las sangrías, hasta la
    sopita del final. Los invitados estaban más que complacidos, incluyendo una pareja judía. El servicio fue fenomenal y, lo más importante, sentimos que todo fue preparado con mucho amor. Se ajustaron a nuestro presupuesto y estuvieron muy receptivos a cada petición y cambio. Me quedo con ellos para futuras actividades y los recomiendo 100%. También nos proveyeron servicio de barra.
    Adianeris Married on 06/10/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Great food! They were the caterers for my wedding and it was awesome. Everyone was talking about the "mamposteao" and the skirt steak with their respective sauces. We had a food tasting and Jorge was really polite and food was out of this world!! Will definitely recommend them again.
  • I
    Ines Married on 06/09/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had a wonderful experience working with Food Paradise for our wedding.
    Jorge was very professional, and stood out from the rest because of the quality of his food (at such a great price!). He was very accommodating and flexible with the menu, even offering a gluten-free variation at no additional cost.
    Great price. Great service. Great food.
  • W
    Wanda Married on 07/17/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Food Paradise was highly recommended by our wedding planner Ricardo Diaz from Moi Chic for our hacienda-style wedding theme. From the very beginning at our food tasting, we knew that this recommendation was the right choice for our wedding. We selected a classic Puerto Rican cuisine menu but also Jorge, the chef, offered another option for the main course for our consideration; he was right. The staff was wonderfully professional, especially the lady taking care of us (bride and groom) who was very attentive to our needs. During the cocktail hour, the staff prepared a sample platter for us while we were having our photos taken- which was a nice touch. In general, the food was absolutely delicious and so well presented; the dress code of the waiters was appropriate for a wedding reception, and the staff attentiveness superb. Needless to say, everyone at our wedding was impressed with the service and flavors of the food catered by Food Paradise. It's been six weeks after our wedding and guests are still talking about how delicious the food was. This company not only offers Puerto Rican cuisine but also provides menus of international dishes. If you hire them, you will not be disappointed at all with their professional staff's service and their food offerings. And another great thing, the price is very reasonable. We strongly recommend Food Paradise!
  • User2454420 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Food Paradise was awesome! We selected Jorge because we wanted our guests, many of whom never visited Puerto Rico before, to try some Puerto Rican cuisines and flavors. We were impressed with the quality of their services beginning with the food tasting. Jorge provided us 6 appetizers for the cocktail hour, a soup, and 2 entrees with sides to sample. After the tasting, we were able to customize our choices for the wedding which the guests loved. For the cocktail hour they provided 2 different types of sangrias and were very attentive to our guests. While my husband and I forgot all about eating in the midst of our wedding high, taking photos, etc, Food Paradise prepared a beautiful sample platter that was waiting for us in the reception hall. This was truly a highlight...everything on our plate was delicious and there were more items on there than what we selected during our tasting...a TRIPLE PLUS. Towards the end of the evening, Food Paradise had a surprise/complimentary Puerto Rican soup for everyone. Couldn't be happier with their services.
    Eve Married on 06/05/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    It was a pleasure and privilege to us to have Food Paradise at our daughter's wedding event.

We feel so lucky to have had a talented, friendly, responsive and professional carterer who from the begining planning until the end was always available, with a wide variety of delicious hors d' oeuvre , main dishes and drinks to die for!
    At the wedding, the guests were impressed with all the dishes; everything was delicious and fresh! Everyone raved about the food!
    I completely recommend Food Paradise to everyone seeking an extraordinary caterer.
    Lemuel Married on 01/24/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Thanks! Everything was absolutely wonderful. When I was younger I did worked in cathering. So I had a good idea of what I wanted. In my job I have to attend numerous meeting, both in Puerto Rico and the US. I have ate in multiple restaurants and recently in multiple friend's weddings. So yes, My expecttions were high. So we were introduced to Jorge and his company Food Pardise, as an option. They offered a tasting meeting, which was wonderful. They are a small business, not a restaurant so the best communication is by email in my opinion. We met, ate and were amazed by the presentation and flavors. We chosed what we wanted, and even changed some alternatives later on without problems. We added the alcohol beverages and even various flavored mojitos. The day of the event everything runned smoothly. All our guest, mostly also professionals, were praising the food and loved the mojitos!! We were so happy to have pleased our guest and family who traveled to our wedding. Seeing them happy, pleased, and being able to eat more than once was wondeful. We also were able to eat and drink plenty. I do recommend them as your cathering. The price was more than fair and I must add the food quality has nothing to envy more expensive catherings. They worked very well with our wedding planner. STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!
    Aida Married on 12/21/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Jorge was fast at providing us with quotes and alternatives for our wedding. His prices are very good and the presentation and quality of food was great. His service during the event was fantastic. My groom and I felt pampered by him and his team.
    People loved the pasta station and the paellas.
    He was able to accomodate other request that I had last minute and that made me feel very happy.
    Marta Married on 12/06/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I hired Jorge and the Food Paradise team to cater both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding after having a great tasting experience with him. The food was wonderful, the service was great, but most of all communicating with Jorge was a breeze. He was easy to reach, flexible, and always offered an array of options. Many guests at our wedding asked us for their contact information and we were so happy to recommend them.
    Milagros Married on 11/23/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Jorge was recommended to us by our wedding planner. We went to this website and read reviews and we were a little worried at first because of mixed reviews. We are so glad we ignored the reviews and agreed to meet with him for a food tasting; the food was delicious!!! Which is not easy for me to say about food since my father is a chef and I am used to certain standards when it comes to food preparation and presentation. Jorge was very understanding; he even altered one of his recipes to accommodate our taste. The communication with him was great; he was very approachable and always responded quickly to emails, text or calls.

The day of the wedding the service was excellent, everyone was talking about how good the food was during the cocktail hour. For the reception we had a sit down dinner of 4 courses. The waiters were very attentive (they are from Jorge’s team); the food arrived in a timely manner, always hot and well presented, without any delays or rush between plates. Our guest were impressed by the food, the way it look and mostly the way it tasted, they all commented on how delicious it was.

We are so glad we listened to our wedding planner recommendation of using Food Paradise as our caters. We think that food is one of the most important aspects of a wedding reception and Jorge and his team totally surpassed our expectations.
    Juan Married on 01/19/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Very good service, responsible, excellent foot presentation and flavorous, hight quality ingredients. Excellent dress code.
  • Emelina
    Emelina Married on 10/12/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We first met Jorge on a food tasting that was booked by our wedding coordinator, Yaska Crespo. We told him of several choices we made before the tasting. However, he had made us other plates that caught our attention. So, in order to please us, he gave us more options as to the distribution of the food, so that we could provide more options to our guests at the wedding. What can I say? COMPLETE SUCCESS... Food was DELICIOUS, service was incredible, and the setting was nicely made. The guests couldn't stop telling us how great the food was, and that they were very gentle and attentive when serving them. We couldn't be more thankful to Jorge and his Food Paradise team. We wish you all the best. GREAT WORK GUYS!!!!!!!!
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message