Food For Thought Catering Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Melanie Married on 05/14/2022

Phenomenal experience!!

From the moment we went to visit Moonstone
    Manor, we knew instantly that this was where
    we wanted to get married. It is absolutely
    magical!! Gina, Mary and their staff could not
    have been any more accommodating!! All of our
    quests were literally "over the moon' at how
    beautiful and nice everything was. We had
    constant compliments the entire day! Gina and
    Mary were incredible throughout our entire
    planning process! They were quick to answer
    questions, welcomed visits, and offered lots of
    sound advice on many occasions!! We can not
    say enough wonderful things about them and
    their staff! Needless to say, we were thrilled with
    our entire experience!
  • Haley
    Haley G. Married on 10/15/2021

Delicious food and fantastic memeoried

Phenomenal food. Our entire 200 person wedding loved every single bit of it! From cocktail hour, to dinner, and even dessert. 1000/10 every time.
    Cocktail hour: sushi, Asian meatballs, dumplings, spinach and artichoke bites, bruschetta, and shrimp cocktail
    **chefs kiss**
    Entrees: 3 stations: Mexican (pork tacos/burritos), American (flat iron steak with fixing’s), and Italian (chicken and pasta)
    **double chefs kiss**
    Desserts: brownies, choc covered pretzels and strawberries, cookies,…you name it!

Gina is a fantastic cook and a pleasure to work with!
  • Kristina
    Kristina A. Married on 07/31/2021

Beautiful & Delicious

Gina is amazing. Her food is even more amazing. We were lucky enough to have Food for Thought cater at Gina's venue Moonstone Manor and it was just perfect! She was open to working with us on making tweaks and mix and matching all sorts of different foods and drinks. They also boxed up all the leftovers for us to take home and everything was just as delicious the second (and third) time! Highly recommend!!
    Allison H. Married on 07/11/2021

Bride: micro-wedding

The food was absolutely delicious, and the staff was phenomenal. With COVID, our original wedding plans had to be postponed, and Food for Thought was so incredibly accommodating and courteous throughout that time. Gina worked with us to really bring my micro-wedding dreams come to life. We had a brunch/lunch wedding, with unique menu items including chicken and waffles, a French toast bake, and shrimp skewers, to name a few. My husband and I are having a larger vow-renewal ceremony next summer with our family and friends, and deciding on Food for Thought for our second “wedding” was an absolute no-brainer. They’re nothing short of incredible!
  • O
    Olivia Married on 06/18/2021

Wonderful experience

Gina and Mary were a delight to work with. The food was absolutely delicious and the service during our reception was top-notch. They helped us make decisions about important details, and provided expert knowledge and tips to guide us through the planning process. We would absolutely recommend choosing Food for Thought to cater your wedding!
  • Hope
    Hope G. Married on 06/05/2021

Trust your vendors

When my husband and I were looking at where we wanted to get married at, we knew it would be somewhere tucked away from the fast paced suburban area we were from. Upon on search we came across The Star Barn in Elizabethtown, PA. A place that was spectacular but somewhat far away from where we were from. Making this a "destination wedding" for majority of our guests. It was about 2 hours from our home in Maryland which meant that some of the vendors I wanted to use after being in the industry myself; I couldn't use simply because of distance...

After much consideration and back and fourth, we decided to book with The Star Barn. One of the preferred caterers on the list was Food For Thought. I worked part time for a 5 star restaurant so any bland wedding food simply wasn't going to cut it for me... Gina, Mary, and the rest of their staff put together a BEAUTIFUL tasting at the Moon Stone Manor in E-town... The food was great and we decided to book with FFT catering. That was until a restaurant in my area begged to cater to our wedding with the promise they could handle the distance and put on an amazing wedding for us. Unfortunately about 3 months before the wedding after everything was figured out, that cater backed out of our wedding... As wedding stress started to pile up and trust was lost, we had about 100 people already RSVP'd with no food... In pure humility and desperation I reached out to Gina & Mary with Food For Thought and begged them to help us out and cater our wedding... It was around an incredibly busy time for them with Spring weddings and large scaled events piling up, but Gina emailed me back and said "we will make it work for you". With tears streaming down my face I couldn't have felt more blessed. I knew from the start that Gina & Mary carried themselves with a level of professionalism, and love for their catering company, that not a lot of people do... Sometimes catering weddings just becomes a blur and its just a job... But not to Gina & Mary...
    With our wedding just around the corner, Gina took the menu with the old cater and put her own special spin on the dishes and I TRUSTED her to do so... Come down to the day of the wedding, the food was THE BEST food I have ever had at a wedding... It is so important when you have guests attending your wedding, especially if they are travelling that the food is good food and not your typical wedding food... I don't think Food For Thought knows how to cook "typical wedding food"... Everything from the kale caesar salad, to the freshly baked bread her cousin made for us, to the steak with a brown butter glaze, Mediterranean chicken, fresh veggies, smashed potatoes and a truffle mac & cheese was out of this world. After the wedding I told Gina I would be making a stop up to Moon Stone Manor whenever I started craving our wedding food. ;) They even went as far to pack my husband and I a nice plater of food to munch on later in the night... We signed the waiver to take all of the left over food home and never got sick of eating the same thing for a week straight because of how delish it was! The response from every single guest I talked to the day of and after the wedding was and I quote "the best food at a wedding I have ever had"... "the staff was so friendly and receptive to anything we needed"... "the drinks kept flowing and were mixed perfectly"...

There is no doubt in my mind that Gina, Mary and the Food For Thought team can pull of absolutely anything. They put so much love, effort and THOUGHT into what they do and take nothing less than 10 star reviews... When looking for someone to cater your event or your wedding, trust Food For Thought. They were a huge part in making our wedding day the absolute best day of our lives even in an emergency situation when we had no one. Gina & Mary will always have a special place in the heart of my husband and I, as well as our families who absolutely adore them as well.

To Gina, Mary and team: Thank you so much for making our day the best. For putting your all into what you do, and for helping us celebrate. Thank you for taking care of our guests, for making sure all of their needs were met and that everyone was happy. Thank you again for all you do. I know it cannot be easy whatsoever but you make it look so effortless. You allow your customers to relax while you take the driver seat and ensure everything will be okay.

Hope & Matt Dansco
    Ashlyn P. Married on 06/05/2021

Excellent!

Gina and Mary were a breeze to work with. We had an absolutely amazing experience from start to finish! They made planning a wedding in a pandemic a walk in the park.
    Nina R. Married on 05/21/2021

A dream come true!!

A wedding to remember for the rest of our lives!!! The staff was so welcoming and professional. Very willing to help whenever it was needed. The food tasted awesome and our guests are still talking about the food til this day! From the drinks to our cake! Not one bad thing to say about the food throughout our wedding!! I especially liked the option to donated some of our leftovers. It means a lot to be able to do that. It is something we like to do on our own time. The owner Gina is a true gem 💎. She understands the importance of flavor and can accommodate any culture. She went out of her way to make empanadas foe our late night snack and they were delicious! Something our families were also raving about! I love that she can also accommodate any dietary needs! This is a HUGE plus when hiring any caterer! Not only did we get to have her as our caterer but we got to book her gorgeous venue Moonstone Manor! Another plus to having a consistent flow during your wedding planning! Thank you so much foe everything! We loved you guys! We would do it all again if we could! We will certainly be celebrating our first year anniversary with you all! Xoxo
    Michael R. Married on 05/09/2021

Look no further --- Hire immediately

My wife and I could not have been happier with our choice to have Food for Thought cater our wedding. From the moment we met Gina, she went out of her way to get to know my wife and I, what type of restaurants we dine at, what we tend to make at home, and what we like in a "special occasion" meal. She took all of our input and created a custom menu full of options that we were able to further customize to our liking and our attendees liking.

The tasting was a smorgasbord of endless goodness Gina customized to help us narrow down her extensive list of phenomenal options.

The day of our event, the food was an absolute hit. No one could believe variety and number of appetizers, entrees, and desserts we had for a smaller affair. Friends and family still talk about certain dishes and how they've tried to replicate them --- unsuccessfully I might add:)

All in all, after meeting Gina once and hearing her thoughts and suggestions, we looked no further and have zero regrets. We would highly recommend Food for Thought and would use Gina in a heartbeat for any other future event where catering may be needed.

Thanks again!
    Mike & Kendra
    Kathleen B. Married on 03/20/2021

Excellent experience with Food for Thought

Food for Thought did a wonderful job catering our daughter’s wedding. Every aspect of working with them was excellent. Of course, most importantly, the food was outstanding. We received only compliments from guests on both the food and the service.
    Erin B. Married on 03/13/2021

Outstanding!!

Food for Thought was the perfect caterer for our wedding at Ironstone Ranch! Since they work frequently with the venue, everything day-of was executed seamlessly. They were incredibly accommodating and communicative with us in the planning stages - including coordinating a generous tasting of everything we were considering at no extra cost. And on top of their great service, their food is outstanding! We had 6 delightful apps, and chicken marsala and braised short ribs as our entrees. Our guests couldn't stop saying how much they loved the food - as did we - it was a highlight of our day, for sure.

Gina and Mary are the sweetest and most professional ladies to work with! Cannot recommend them enough.
    Tyler R. Married on 12/06/2020

Phenomenal

Overall, their food, customer service, and professionalism was phenomenal! Their team made it easy for us and took a huge load off of our shoulders. I would highly recommend their services to any couple.
  • Keara
    Keara M. Married on 11/28/2020

Guests still rave about our food

I promise you will not regret booking Food for Thought catering! The food was just as incredible on our wedding day as it was at our intimate tasting. Our guests are still raving about our food. Gina was so accommodating and made our food visions come to reality. She would recommend options based on the season and what would pair well. 11/10 experience!
    Alvin Z. Married on 10/12/2020

Absolutely amazing food and outstanding service

Some of our guest arrived 45 minutes late due to a traffic jam, but Gina and her staff slowed down the prep to accomodate late arrivals and the food was hot and every dish was done to perfection.
    Additionally they added 2 free appetizers as a Christmas gift.
    The food was absolutely amazing. 5 Star experience !!
  • Alena
    Alena Married on 09/13/2020

Amazing food

Oh gosh where do I begin? My now husband and I are pretty big foodies so we thought finding a caterer would be tricky. We literally got so lucky when it came to Food for Thought. EVERYTHING they provided was mouth watering and so so good. On the day of, we chose to do a brunch with them and I am so glad we did. Gina's recommendations were perfect to hold everyone over through the chaos of getting ready.
    My guests have been raving about the cocktail hour and dinner. Everything was amazing. The team even came to us during our photos and brought some food to make sure we were able to have some of it during cocktail hour.
    Dinner is making me hungry just thinking about it again. We were a little delayed getting to the reception because of pictures and the team was super accommodating. Mary came out to ask how much extra time we needed and they were able to prepare accordingly, no questions asked. We had steak and chicken for protein and it was so juicy and tender, I was amazed. Everything was cooked to perfection and I couldn't have been happier. The staff was finding me throughout the night to make sure we were eating, as well. As a busy bride and groom, this is so important. They truly care for you and make sure you are enjoying your night and the beautiful food they prepare. I am so glad we went with Food for Thought!
    Katie B. Married on 08/15/2020

Amazing!

Words can't describe how amazing Gina's food was! Everyone was raving about it and I'm wishing for another plate. Food for Thought was so flexible and knowledgeable about the menu and making recommendations. The food is to die for and the value outstanding. I've been to a handful of high end weddings and this food takes the cake. Gina and crew, THANK YOU
  • Pam
    Pam M. Married on 06/29/2020

Memorable Moonstone Meal

After our initial meeting with Gina and Mary, there was absolutely no doubt in our minds about where we wanted to have our daughter’s wedding at Moonstone and have Food for Thought be our caterer. Gina immediately had a vision of that fit our expectations. We wanted a healthy, fresh, meal that people would long remember, When we had our “tasting” to determine our appetizers and entrees we were overwhelmed. We loved everything! Gina quickly came up with suggestions on how to include all our favorites. Every appetizer was scrumptious, and continued to be served until our guests stopped eating them. Then guests dined on a gourmet meal that was picture perfect. My daughter was concerned about having a buffet, but was overwhelmed by the delicious entrees and the beautiful presentation of each dish. Friends and family when commenting above the wedding have all commented on how wonderful the food was. have no reservations about recommending Food for Thought Catering as a premiere caterer. We feel truly blessed to have had Gina’s expertise in the the planning and preparing our most memorable wedding meal. Pam ( MOB)
    Beth M. Married on 06/28/2020

Love them! Best quality

The quality of the food, timely responses to needs that are met, professionalism and kindness are amazing. I would absolutely recommend them:)
  • Joycelyn
    Joycelyn S. Married on 06/12/2020

Excellent Service!

If you’re looking for a wonderful catering service for your event. Look no further, Gina and her team will take great care of you. The Food for Thought team exceeded my husband and I’s expectations at our wedding. She has such fresh ingredients and a truly caring team. Thank you Food for Thought Catering!

Food For Thought Catering's reply:

Thank you Joycelyn and Tyler for allowing me to be part of your very special celebration. It was an honor to be with you and your family and friends. The entire experience was moving beyond words! Blessings on your marriage and may you always walk in love! Gina and staff
  • Rachael
    Rachael R. Married on 05/05/2020

The Most Magical Day

BRIDES…If you’re looking for a caterer, stop here…I promise you found the best one. I am still thinking about how incredible the food was at our wedding about a month ago and I’m not the only one. Our guests are still raving about the food and also the service!

There was no point during our wedding where anyone could have possibly been hungry. One of my favorite moments of the night was being out on the dance floor and being offered butlered desserts!

Also, the owner Gina is the most incredible, caring and sweetest person you’ll ever meet. She worked so hard to customize our menu for us and if you haven’t found your venue yet…check out Moonstone Manor!
  • Matthew
    Matthew M. Married on 11/17/2019

The best food

Very easy to talk to and they had the best food!!
  • Samantha
    Samantha N. Married on 10/13/2019

Perfect Service for a Perfect Day

Everything was absolutely perfect when it came to the food and service from Food for Thought Catering. Gina was a pleasure to work with and the staff during the wedding were helpful and very friendly. The food was delicious and everyone at the event loved it. I would highly recommend them!
    Lianne C. Married on 09/29/2019

Gina is amazing!

We loved working with Gina! She is so full of life and so kind! She is so helpful every step of the way when planning your menu! The way she views food is admirable. Everything is fresh and from a trusted source which I deem to be very important. Her food is excellent! Our wedding guests and families including ourselves cannot stop raving about it. If you have the pleasure of working with Gina, you should. You will not be disappointed!
  • Kathy
    Edward C. Married on 09/08/2019

September wedding

We were thrilled with Gina and her staff from the first time we spoke until we after the wedding we we loaded up all the carefully packaged leftovers!!
    The whole process was so organized and communication was great. The food was outstanding and we had so much positive feedback from our wedding guests!!
    We would give 6 stars if we were able!!
    Taylor Married on 09/07/2019

Taylor, the bride

The food for thought staff was amazing from beginning (tasting/planning) to end (wedding day). They were so helpful and had so many insightful suggestions. The food was AMAZING! But their service goes outside of just providing the best food, they provide a custom experience to match whatever unique things are important to you. They were great about accommodating guests with food allergies, which was a little thing that meant a lot to me. I highly recommend Gina and her team!