Food For Thought Catering Reviews

Food For Thought Catering 6
Food For Thought Catering 7

Dana · Married on 12/15/2018

Amazing food and staff!

My husband and I got married last month and Food For Thought catered our wedding, and boy are we glad they did! I have not stopped hearing about how amazing the food was, from EVERYONE!! "Wedding food" is not always known to be that great, but our guests have seriously RAVED over how good the food was and how awesome the staff were. Lorena was our go-to person while working with FFT and not only was she extremely quick in communicating, she took the time to answer all my questions (I had a lot) and worked with me to get things within our budget and was just so nice! Honestly, I can't say enough good things about FFT and Lorena and her team. Everything was done exactly to plan the day-of. Everyone was professional and friendly. Everything tasted DELICIOUS!! Would HIGHLY recommend Food For Thought for any catering need!! Can't thank these guys enough!!

• Ian

Ian Long · Married on 10/13/2018

Food for Thought Forever!

We knew from the moment we started planning our wedding that Food for Thought was going to be our caterer of choice. Their food is always fresh, the menu inspired and the staff better than any other option out there. Our guests complimented the premier quality of the butlered hors d'oeuvres, the breadth of options at the charcuterie table and the top-flight cuisine of the dinner buffet. The entire team is pleasant and professional, constantly working behind the scenes to give everyone the best dining experience at a wedding. Gina D'Ambrosio is a literal angel who will work with you tirelessly to create a menu that is sensible to your budget and needs while showcasing your personality. I wouldn't trust any other catering company with my taste buds except Food for Thought Catering!

Cathy · Married on 09/22/2018

Gina and her crew deserve a 5-star rating for the delicious spread laid out for my husband’s 60th birthday party! I provided a blank counter and a few blue gingham cloth napkins for decoration and they made a beautiful presentation of delicious food for us to enjoy! It was truly a feast for the eyes and stomachs! They bussed tables, packaged up leftovers and cleaned the serving dishes! Perfect! I would definitely use your services again! Thank you Gina and the staff at Food for Thought Catering! ~ Cathy Swenson

Sent on 10/01/2018

Food For Thought Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for this beautiful review!!!! We appreciate it so much. We loved your party!

Deanna · Married on 09/02/2018

I don't know where to begin! My guests have been raving about FFTC for the last month. They absolutely loved the food at our wedding. Gina and her team ran things seamlessly. Everything was perfectly prepared and delicious. Gina's staff was amazing and even helped me clean up the centerpieces at the end of the night which was above and beyond what we expected! FFTC provided so many choices for our guests, it was a wonderful value in my opinion. Gina was a joy to work with putting our menu together, we had no reservations adding things that we had not tasted because everything FFTC creates is amazing. Thank you!!

Laura · Married on 08/31/2018

Working with Gina and Food for Thought was amazing. FFTC exceeded any expectations we might have had about quality of food, service, and they nailed the unique menu we were interested in. It was evident that time and thought was put into each item on the list. Our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was. We'd definitely recommend FFTC!

• Christy

Christy · Married on 08/18/2018

Food for Thought Catering was the perfect choice for our wedding. We loved the ease of working with Gina & her staff along with the venue details, and they walked us through everything we needed to know, and all the decisions we needed to make! Our tasting night was a blast- and everything we tried was absolutely delicious. They listened to our requests and made sure to follow our preferences exactly, which was very much appreciated. They were phenomenal at working with us to make sure our guests with food allergies were still able to have a full meal of anything they wanted! The food was incredible, and we have received a ton of positive feedback about the meal from our guests. 100% recommend FFTC!

Andrea · Married on 07/07/2018

Gina is so multi talented! Her food is out of this world! All of our guests were blown away by the quality and flavor of the food. It is food you would expect at a five star restaurant, not in mass quantities. Our food was plated served, not buffet style which can be more difficult but Gina and her talented team pulled it off effortlessly. Every detail was so precise and delicious our guests are still raving. We had a very specific vision and every aspect of the meal and hors d'oeuvres were exquisite Gina and her staff are capable of everything and anything!

Ruth · Married on 07/06/2018

We had three wonderful experiences with Food For Thought catering - the tasting, the rehearsal dinner, and the event buffet. Gina and her staff produced ample quantities of superbly prepared and flavored foods, and the service was excellent. The butlered hors d'oeuvres were my favorite, and they made sure to send a server out to the family and bridal party during the photo shoots, which was so appreciated by the very hungry bridal party! We had leftovers from the buffet which helped to feed the friends and family back at the house the following day!

Amelia · Married on 07/06/2018

You absolutely will not be disappointed if you choose Food for Thought Catering!! Having tasted a lot of quality foods, Gina's is SO worth the money. She blew us away with our "tasting", which was more like a four-course meal with multiple options at every course -- and she sent us home with leftovers! Not an empty belly or an unsmiling face left on us for the tasting, rehearsal dinner or the wedding. To boot, at the wedding, we had butlered hors d'oeuvres - not only were they elegant looking and tasting, the servers made sure to reach everybody, even the bridal party as we made our rounds with the photographer!! Talk about service!! Gina was so accomodating to variety and any request you could make! She truly is a gem of a person and such a pleasure to work with. We'd work with Gina and her team again in a heartbeat!! :-D <3

Gabriella · Married on 06/30/2018

Our wedding was on June 30th and the food was absolutely to die for!! We always knew that one of the big details that wedding guests remember about a wedding was the food so we really put a lot of thought in to this part of our special day. After reviewing the menu for Food For Thought Catering, we knew that we would have an incredible meal if we chose them. Let's just say we were NOT disappointed. The food was delicious!!! So many guests approached me raving about how divine the food was and how it "was the best food they've ever had at a wedding!!!" Gina and her team put together an incredible buffet spread that left everyone extremely satisfied. We also used Food For Thought Catering for our rehearsal dinner and our close family and friends could not say enough great things about the meal. Gina was so organized throughout and her suggestions and advice on the menus really put us at ease and reassured us that we would have a great meal at our wedding. Thank you so much Food For Thought Catering!!

Lisa · Married on 06/29/2018

The food was amazing! Appetizers were plentiful and everyone devoured their meals. I can not say enough good things about Food for Thought catering! Gina is the best!

Joan · Married on 06/29/2018

I don't even know where to begin to describe what an amazing Venue Moonstone Manor is and the delicious menu from Food For Thought Catering ! Everything was above and beyond Wonderful! It was a magical day that started in the Mansion getting ready for the wedding in one of the many rooms that are absolutely gorgeous to the walk down the beautiful landscaped grounds to the Chapel for the ceremony. The Venue is like no other allowing everything to take place in one location. The Catering from Gina and her Staff was absolutely delicious from the appetizer's to the entree's down to the buttered desserts. Our guest are still complementing how great the day was and how the Staff took such great care of everything and everyone from the time we arrived until the reception ended.

Food For Thought Catering 8
    Food For Thought Catering 9
    Food For Thought Catering 10

Terry · Married on 06/29/2018

We attended our niece's wedding. Everywhere you turned you were met with a smiling staff member. The butler service was not only professional but the food was amazing. The dinner food was so good my husband is till trying to get the beef rub and recipe. The setting speak for itself. But you really have to see it to believe it!.

Samantha · Married on 06/29/2018

Gina and her friendly team went above and beyond in every respect. Gina is a close friend of the family and it meant a lot to us that her company catered our wedding at Moonstone Manor on June 29, 2018. She has a real talent in the kitchen and this did not go unnoticed. The attention to detail was never missed. The food was unbelievable and extremely fresh. From the bridal suite appetizers, cocktail hour bites, amazing dinner buffet, and butlered mini desserts at the end of the night, everyone was ranting and raving how wonderful it was. We couldn't be happier with the food or the service they provided. They were friendly, upbeat and very accommodating! We would highly recommend them to cater your next event or wedding!!

Thank you so much again for making our wedding day amazing in every way!!

Jeremey and Samantha Cabot

Food For Thought Catering 18
    Food For Thought Catering 19
    Food For Thought Catering 20

Terry · Married on 06/29/2018

Gina and her staff were a joy to work with. The food was fresh and delicious. we had nothing but raves from our guests.
    I highly recommend Food for Thought.

Bridget · Married on 06/09/2018

There really is not enough room to provide all the POSITIVE feedback for Food For Thought. This was hands down the best decision that we made for the wedding. When we made the 1.5 hour trip out to meet with Gina & Mary we knew almost instantly that they would be our caterers. It felt like we had known them forever, and it felt like we were the most important client! When in reality we knew how busy they always are, but it never shows! Gina and her team just know what they are doing, and the food and service show that. When we had questions, Gina would always suggest something and I always knew to take her advice since she is the expert and it always worked out. They went and saw our venue ahead of time, and were always so responsive and helpful with EVERYTHING! The day of the wedding went off without a hitch, they knew exactly what to do and everything was PERFECT! and the food, it literally will be some of the best food you will ever eat! We had food at the tasting and I was floored at the quality and taste. Gina knows how to cook! At the wedding the food tasted exactly how it did at the tasting, AMAZING! I got compliments from so many people about how much they enjoyed the food and I am so glad that everyone enjoyed Gina and her team as much as we did. If you choose Food For Thought Catering for your wedding you will not be disappointed. I wish we could do it all over again and enjoy all of the food and great service that we got from Gina! Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Food For Thought Catering's reply:

What a beautiful and heartfelt review! This means the world to me and I can't wait to share it with my staff! We loved working with you from the very start. You are super talented and creative, positive, uplifting to be around, always smiling and receptive to ideas and input, and so very kind. You hosted a fabulous wedding celebration and we could not be happier that we got to be a part of it! We will remember you always and hope to cross paths again. Thank you for choosing Food For Thought Catering!!!!

Stephen · Married on 06/09/2018

It's easy to see from day one how much Gina loves what she does. The service was beyond expectations and our guests have been raving about how good the food was for weeks after the wedding!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Food For Thought Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for this review. It was a pleasure working with you! I loved your wedding!!!!

Bonnie · Married on 05/20/2018

My daughter and I had met Gina several years ago. When Sarah got engaged I thought it would be a great idea to have Gina cater the wedding. As it turned out she had also become the new owner of the wedding venue that we wanted so it was a win-win situation. I knew from online reviews what a great reputation she had and I told my guests that they were in for a treat. We were not disappointed! Everything was so fresh and in season and looked beautiful. The hors d'oeuvres were to die for! And don't get me started about the desserts. Our guests raved about everything. I have been to many weddings and Gina's food was by far the best I've ever had.

Sent on 06/30/2018
    Food For Thought Catering 27
    Food For Thought Catering 28
    Food For Thought Catering 29

Food For Thought Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Bonnie dear for this amazing review. I adore you and Sarah and feel so happy I got to serve your family at one of the most important events in your lives. Now let’s get together again for old time sake. :)

MARY · Married on 04/29/2018

Gina and her team did a wonderful job! She catered a bridal shower for my future daughter in law. The food was great and her and her team were very helpful and professional.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Food For Thought Catering's reply:

Thank you thank you Mary!!!! It was a wonderful day and we loved working with you. :)

Tina · Married on 04/26/2018

Food was wonderful! Service was great! Staff was friendly, helpful and professional! I was very pleased with how easy they made everything for our event. The hardest thing that I had to do was select the menu! I would certainly recommend them to friends and family.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Food For Thought Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Tina. The feeling is mutual! You were wonderful through the entire planning process and created/hosted a wonderful gathering. Hope we work together again sometime.

Sherri · Married on 03/23/2018

I can't rave enough about Gina and will be posting this review in multiple places. She was a pleasure to work with--I thought wedding planning was supposed to be stressful!

Gina worked hard with us to design a menu that reflected our favorite things as a couple. She gave us great advice on buffet vs. family style and why we shouldn't do a champagne toast (expensive, goes to waste).

Her knowledge and expertise were so helpful. We appreciated her candor, her help, and her support. Her staff was EXCELLENT and made sure we took time to eat. They even saved us all of our leftovers, which we have been enjoying with family and friends all week. If you're not sure who to hire for your catering or wedding needs, look no further than Gina and Food for Thought!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Food For Thought Catering's reply:

Thank you so very much for this glowing and thoughtful review. I truly enjoyed working with you and thought your reception was just wonderful. It was a pleasure to serve you and your guests and we appreciate the gracious and positive compliments we received all night.

I wish you the best as you embark together as a married couple. Your love is evident and it is beautiful to witness.

Diana · Married on 03/23/2018

Gina and her team are amazing and helped every step of the way. Her team was very conscious of me and my partner eating. They took great care of us and our guests. The food was delicious! I recommend them highly.

Laura · Married on 11/26/2017

We use FFT Catering for our wedding four years ago and loved it so much we thought we’d use them again. When it was time for our son’s baptism we contacted Gina to see if she would be willing to cater the event. Without hesitation she was willing and ready to make it happen! She quickly put together our menu without missing any small details. She was more than accommodating and had great suggestions for the smaller party. We will continue to think of and use FFT Catering as we have nothing but positive feelings towards Gina and her team! Thank you for helping make our day so special!

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/01/2017

10's, 10's, 10's across the board!!!

Wow. OK, I cannot say ENOUGH about how fabulous this company is and how amazing Gina, the owner, was to work with. From the get go, so made us feel at ease. After several emails back and forth, we met with her at a local Panera to discuss what our vision was for our wedding buffet. Well, we didn't actually HAVE a vision. We just really liked food and wanted to make sure a few of our favorites were there. Gina was the one who helped us put it all together. She was so personable and friendly that we felt right away we were in good hands. When she gave us the sample meals based on our conversation, we were absolutely blown away. The food was SO GOOD and she gave us so much!! I looked at a few other caterers online, just to be thorough, but none compared. When we found out later that Gina had bought the venue our wedding was being held at, we took it as the final confirmation that she was the right one and booked her!

Again, I cannot stress enough how helpful she was in making sure we had everything we needed for our wedding day. When the Big Day finally arrived, everyone was amazed at the food. The appetizers was different then normal wedding fare, but that's just how we planned it! Asian meatballs, chicken satay, calamari, red bean sesame balls, sushi, shrimp cocktail, mozzarella sticks...and everything was delicious! I know because they made sure to save plates of everything for us so we wouldn't miss out. I was grateful because after all that planning, I sure as heck wanted to be sure to eat the tasty menu we'd put together! The main buffet was equally as amazing and everyone kept telling us how different and delicious everything was. Even when we ran into folks after the wedding, they raved about the food. Gina really went above and beyond for us and we are truly so grateful.

Gina is amazing, sweet and 100% professional. Book her and Food For Thought catering. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Food For Thought Catering's reply:

I'm so blown away by this fantastic review! Sarah, thank you so very much!!! This means the world to me and I cannot wait to share it with my staff. We all loved working with you and Will and we enjoyed your guests so much. What a fun and appreciative crowd. We received so many compliments and gracious remarks. :) It was such a grand celebration and a fabulous time. I knew the moment we met at Panera that we were a good fit. ;) It was very hard for me not to tell you that I was going to be the new owner of Moonstone Manor when your wedding date arrived, but I just kept the faith that you would choose Food For Thought Catering and we would be totally connected! And then I received the confirmation that you indeed choose FFTC. You had such a wonderful vision and attitude throughout the planning and tickled me to hear you talk about your love of food...my kind of girl! We so enjoyed cooking for you. I hope we connect again, sometime along this journey. Come back and visit. Our best to you and may you have continued happiness. xo