Focus on Joy Photography Reviews

Focus on Joy Photography 4
Focus on Joy Photography 5

Justin Watzman · Married on 11/11/2018

Wedding Photos

My wife and I could not be happier with our decision to choose Jess as our wedding photographer. We do not have many photos and were nervous since we are not photogenic people. We absolutely love the photos and will be using Jess in the future as our family grows.

Sent on 05/01/2019
  • Jarred

Jarred Vandemark · Married on 11/09/2018

She's the best!

Jess was great and I highly recommend her. She paid attention to so many small details, got to know us personally, and it was a pleasure having her there that day. She even gave us a ride from the ceremony to the reception because we had totally forgotten to plan that part. Mostly importantly... her pictures are epic.

Sent on 04/25/2019
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 10/21/2018

VIP Client Attention & Incomparable Photography

Looking for a wedding photographer? LOOK NO FURTHER. Jess from Focus on Joy is TOPS. Jess communicated with us several times before our wedding day, asking thorough questions about our day, our families, and what shots we really wanted. These conversations contributed to a seamless day: Jess had memorized the names of our family members, chatted easily with them and made them laugh as she captured GORGEOUS pictures of them. Jess gave us beautiful photos that we can cherish for a lifetime, and contributed to the overall success of our wedding. Thank you FOCUS ON JOY PHOTOGRAPHY!

Bonus: She even knew the schedule of the day so well that she helped direct family and bridal party members to where they should go!

Focus on Joy Photography 6
    Focus on Joy Photography 7
    Focus on Joy Photography 8
    Sent on 05/05/2019

Jerry · event on: 06/22/2018

My wife and I recently celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in Richmond, and Jess did an exceptional job photographing the festivities. Family members came in from all over the country for what was truly a once-in-a-lifetime event, so every aspect of photography had to be perfect. Jess excelled at advance planning, customer communication, capturing lots of great impromptu and staged shots, adjusting as circumstances warranted, etc. I strongly recommend Focus on Joy Photography to anyone seeking a highly professional, technically competent, customer service-oriented, and competitively priced photographer for a wedding, anniversary, or other important event.

Sent on 07/04/2018

Sarah Davis · Married on 06/02/2018

Amazing! Jess is the best!

Jess is the most supportive, organized, imaginative, and patient photographer! Months after our engagement session and wedding day, I can still experience all the laughs, love, and joy through the beautiful gallery she created. Jess not only takes amazing photos but she also gives amazing wedding planning advice. My husband and I enjoyed working with her and hope to work with her again in the future!

Sent on 05/01/2019

Halle · Married on 05/18/2018

Photos were amazing! Very flexible! Overal great experience!

Sent on 07/02/2018
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 10/15/2017

To say that Jessica was amazing is probably an understatement! From the first phone call, I knew that working with her would be great. She took our engagement photos, we surprised her and decided to elope and she took those photos as well. She also captured our wedding photos a few months later. I have referred her to EVERYONE I can think of.

Focus on Joy Photography 9
    Focus on Joy Photography 10
    Focus on Joy Photography 11
    Focus on Joy Photography 12
    Focus on Joy Photography 13
    Sent on 10/29/2017

Megan · Married on 10/07/2017

Jess at Focus on Joy was absolutely amazing to work with! She did both our "engagement" session and our big day. My husband and I wanted to do something a little different for our engagement session, so we pitched the idea of a Lifestyle shoot to Jess and she grabbed the bull by the horns and took off running :) She was eager to explore something different and captured our lives at home perfectly. For both the lifestyle shoot and the wedding, she had tons of fun ideas and guided us so our pictures reflected who we are as a couple. 5 thumbs up, Jess is the BEST!

Focus on Joy Photography 14
    Focus on Joy Photography 15
    Sent on 06/26/2018

Asjah · Married on 08/05/2017

Jess was fabulous! She was thoroughly prepared before the wedding day, she even learned my family member's names and familiarized herself with the venues. Everyone enjoyed working with her. She is very professional and knows what she's doing! My groom and I were very happy to work with her and we can't wait to see the pictures, we know they are going to look great!

Sent on 08/13/2017

Joanna · Married on 04/08/2017

We could not be happier with Jess's work photographing our wedding. She was so easy to work with and unobtrusive yet she got every picture. Plus she's just plain nice. We'd use her again in a second!

Sent on 05/03/2017
  • Carli

Carli · Married on 03/25/2017

Compassionate and professional

Planning a wedding has got to be in the top five more stressful things I have ever done. But you know what wasn't stressful? Every single interaction I had with Jess as my wedding photographer.

At first, I was taken aback because I submitted a request on her website for more information. But instead of emailing me her run down of her offerings and prices, she asked to schedule a phone conversation.

Well, as any millennial woman would think to herself "what the hell? the PHONE? Why would she need to speak to me on the godforsaken PHONE?"

But I am so so so glad that I took that call. She asked me about myself, my then-fiance, how we met, what our hobbies are, what we do for work. She genuinely wanted the abridged versions of our lives. She then introduced herself and her photo-journalistic style of wedding photography.

Every interaction was just as heartfelt and genuine as the first one. Jess is professional, an excellent communicator, and gives you her expert opinion when you are having trouble making decisions.

And it goes without saying that her work speaks for itself. A truly talented and compassionate wedding photographer who cares deeply about capturing the happiness that is cultivated on the Big Day. I cannot recommend her enough. 13/10 would hire her again.

Focus on Joy Photography 16
    Focus on Joy Photography 17
    Sent on 04/25/2019

Andrew · Married on 05/18/2018

Great to work with, amazing pictures. Highly recommended

Sent on 06/25/2018