Flour Power Confectionery Reviews

18 | Chalmette, LA

18 Reviews for Flour Power Confectionery

Diane · Married on 10/06/2017

Their Italian Almond Wedding cake is simply the best, hands down cake in New Orleans. Period.

Sent on 11/24/2017

My husband's favorite cake is carrot cake, so we ordered a simple 2 tier carrot cake for our wedding at Stella Plantation. I sent a photo of what i wanted it to look like and it was EXACTLY what we wanted visually, but the taste was just out of this world. We actually didn't have a chance to do a taste testing because we are from out of town, but my husband and our guests said it was the best carrot cake they had ever had. Thank you Flour Power for the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake!!

Sent on 04/09/2016

Our wedding cake was absolutely amazing. She delivered exactly what we asked for. The flavor a were amazing. Be warned if you try all of the cakes at a cake tasting then you will definitely be full. But they are all delicious.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Chelsea · Married on 09/26/2015

Flour Power was recommended to us by friends who had a wedding in New Orleans about 10 years ago. Luckily, the little gem was still around after Katrina. During our cake tasting it was so hard to decide because they all tasted great. My husband and I decided on the lemon for the wedding cake and the chocolate truffle (with raspberry) for our kitchen cake. The lemon was out of this world good and my guests who had the chocolate loved it. The cakes were moist and flavorful.
    Rhonda worked with us to design our cake and she was awesome at every single step. The cake that was delivered was exactly what we had discussed. It was simple and elegant, which was exactly what I wanted.
    Now if we could only figure out how to get a cake shipped to Boston…

Sent on 10/05/2015

MOLLY · Married on 03/14/2015

Flour Power makes absolutely delicious cakes! Both my sister and I worked with Ronda and Flour Power for our wedding cakes and were very pleased. Ronda helped design the perfect cake to align with my vision and worked with me to stay within my budget. We picked 3 different flavors for our 3 tier wedding cake and each one was incredible. I would absolutely recommend Flour Power to anyone in the New Orleans area looking for a delicious cake for a special event!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Mary · Married on 09/28/2013

Rhonda and her husband did an amazing job with our wedding cake start to finish. This was the first thing that we booked when we got engaged. Rhonda did an amazing job with the consult and helped us create the perfect wedding cake for us. We ended up doing a "Faux Gateaux" which saved us A TON of money and still gave us the exact cake we wanted. The cake was DELICIOUS and absolutely beautiful! Everyone loved it! She also was beyond flexible as we had to come by several times to drop stuff off. Couldn't recommend the Flour Power team more!

Sent on 12/10/2013

Emily · Married on 04/06/2013

We used Flour Power for our wedding cake and groom's cake and are SO pleased that we did! We went with the strawberry almond cake with buttercream frosting and it was to die for! Our guests are still raving about it, including our wedding photographer, who said it was the best wedding cake she had ever tasted! For the groom's cake, I went with a fishing motif and the chocolate mousse for variety. Both cakes were moist and delectable. The groom's cake was very realistic looking, and Ronda was very flexible with the various design schemes I was toying with during the wedding planning process. Use Ronda and Flour Power for your wedding or other event, you will not be sorry you did!

Sent on 04/16/2013

The wedding cake was divine! Thank you for creating the cake I envisioned from my wedding!

Sent on 04/03/2013

Jennifer · Married on 05/20/2012

Rhonda was a complete joy to work with!! I can't say enough good things, even when we first met Rhonda we knew she was the vendor for us. We absolutely loved her personality; she was completely down to to earth and listened to everything we wanted. Their work was wonderful and their cakes tasted ungodly!! We LOVED how everything turned out and couldn't have wished for anything more. Reasonably priced, you defintely get more than what you pay for.

Sent on 09/10/2012
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 01/08/2012

We had the quality staff of Flour Power Confectionery, not only for our wedding and grooms cake, but for our Couples Shower, my Tea/ Luncheon, and the Rehearsal Dinner as well. Everything was as promised. They have so many flavors and designs to choose. Every one as delicious as the first and that made it a challenge to pick just one. Therefore, for the tea, shower and dinner we had all our favorites in a petite personal size.

Sent on 01/31/2012

Dave · Married on 04/16/2011

We sent them a mock-up of what kind of design we wanted and they did a knock-out job. Our cakes (we got a red velvet groom's cake and a raspberry buttercream wedding cake) looked so beautiful.

Sent on 04/26/2011

Lauren · Married on 03/27/2011

Flour Power did an excellent job. I sent a picture of the Chicago Bears' football logo for the grooms cake. Flour power was able to create the logo and nearly brought my Hubby to tears! The cake was soft and moist. There was 'bearly' any cake left over. They can also keep a secret because the groom never knew of the cake!
    Flour Power also created our Lemon wedding cake. So many people loved the wedding cake that the reception place had to cut the top tier. We didnt mind because we will be back to New Orleans next year to a recreation!
    Flour Power also sat down with us to work out the best type of cake and size of cake based on number of people and food served. Great service and nice people.

Sent on 03/30/2011

Mamsie · Married on 09/18/2010

Rhonda at Flour Power was wonderful to work with. She was lots of fun at the cake tasting and provided lots of helpful information. We ordered the groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner and both groom's cake and wedding cake were exactly what we wanted. The cakes were spectacular as well as delicious. They even did a last minute "kitchen cake" for us when we realized that we had more guests than originally planned for. I highly recommended them.

Sent on 09/22/2010

natalie · Married on 09/12/2010

We booked our wedding cakes (wedding and grooms) from a small business in Folsom. About 3 months before my wedding, the lady who ran the company passed away. So, in a frenzy, I did the mad dash to find a new cake bakery. It was very discouraging for a while. I spoke with Ronda at Flour Power and initially crossed them off my list because the price she quoted me was a bit out of budget. I visited and tasted cakes from all the prominent NOLA bakeries; Swiss, Haydels, Gambinos, but they all tasted very basic (and Swiss was dry) and the filling looked like melted colored marshmellows. Once I had all these bad experiences, I decided to go meet with Ronda. Knowing that now I had about 6 weeks until my wedding, and we lived in Mandeville, Ronda opened the shop after hours to meet with us one night. Because of the late hour, I had my mom, sister, and a brother with me. I was worried that she wouldn't have enough cake for everyone to taste and would be put out I brought so many people with me. Ronda gave everyone a bottle of water and a fork to taste; it didn't phase her at all. The cakes were out of this world delicious. Flour Power offers a "faux gataux" where the bottom layers of the cake can be fake; they have fondant wrapped around them and they look very real. In the kitchen at the reception, large rounds of actual cake will be served. We went with this option and it saved us a ton of money. Most cake places I visited showed dated pictures of cakes they had done, so it's hard to see what a 'modern' cake will look like. Flour Power had binders full of modern cakes they either had done or could create. Another thing about their cakes is the layers; most places only have 2 layers of cake within each tier; Flour Power had like 4 or 5. The grooms cake was way beyond what we expected. It was much larger than we expected and looked amazing. We showed Ronda a picture of a sports mascot my husband loves, and they replicated it perfectly!! Some of the guys at the reception were about ready to weep over it. I know I've said a lot, but I can't stress enough how impressed and so happy we were to use Ronda and Flour Power. It was worth every penny!

Sent on 09/28/2010

Dianna · Married on 09/23/2011

Rhonda at Flour Power was wonderful to work with. She was lots of fun at the cake tasting and provided lots of helpful information. Both groom's cake and wedding cake were delicious. I recommended them.

Sent on 10/04/2011

Jen · Married on 04/07/2012

We had a similar experience from "Lauren's" post. Rhonda seemed a little frazzled. She lost our photo a few times, as well. The cake was delivered after I arrived. Thank goodness, our florist was a family friend who could apply the flowers to the cake at the last minute. Groom's cake was missing all the wording including "just married". However, the wedding cake was the best we've ever had. If you are willing to overlook some details, the cake tasted fabulous and looked beautiful.

Sent on 04/25/2012

Lauren · Married on 05/21/2011

3.5

I truly dislike giving a bad review, but I have to give it. First, they lost my sketch to a cake that we had custom designed together. Then I sent them all the pictures we had used, and it seemed to jog her memory. In truth, I could barely remember what the cake was supposed to look like until she started remembering the details. So I thought we would be okay. However, my cake was white instead of an ivory, champagne color with bright sugar flowers, instead of pastel sugar flowers. The tiers were supposed to mimic the beading on my dress, but one of them had this random applique on it that had nothing to do with my dress. And the bottom tier of the cake was uneven. It looked so strange that my wedding planner briliiantly covered the worst part of it with my bouquet. On the positive, the cake tasted wonderful, and they were very professional. But, the cake looked all wrong. So disappointed...

Sent on 06/19/2011

courtney · Married on 02/20/2010

2.0

We ordered both our wedding cake and our groom's cake from Flour Power. The cakes were both delicious--and our groom's cake was SO cool(an oyster pirogue with tiny tabasco bottles, crackers, lemon wedges...). We visited both Flour Power and Sucre and I found the folks at Flour Power to be much nicer, the prices MUCH more reasonable, and the cakes were actually better at Flour Power.
    The only downside to flour power is that it's a bit of a hike to the shop(although I think they're trying to move closer to the city), and they're not incredibly responsive (though they ultimately got the job done).

Sent on 03/16/2010