Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

38 Reviews for Floridian Ballrooms

4.2
User Photos
Photos
37 Floridian Ballrooms Reviews

My wedding was the most beautiful I could have imagined to be! They did a phenomenal job!

Profile Picture Maria , 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a wonderful experience at the Floridian Ballrooms. Janneli and Cesi were amazing. They helped me with every detail for my wedding, from choosing linens to centerpieces to making sure my wedding day went off without a hitch. We used their recommended vendors for flowers, photography/video (Photography by Pat), DJ (Edwin did a great job), MC (Liz Sanchez), limo, and cake (Elite Cake Creations), and everyone was very professional and helped make our wedding spectacular. I would definitely recommend this venue and its staff because they can make your wedding dreams come true whether you have a small or large budget. As a bride planning a wedding from out-of-state, Janneli and Cesi were always available on the phone, took care of my concerns right away, and put me at ease that my wedding would be a dream come true. Thank you to them and Floridian Ballrooms!

Profile Picture User3684318, Recently Married, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Transportation, Videography
2.0

My daughter just had her wedding reception there about 2 weeks ago. While the room was beautifully decorated, the servers spoke no English and did not understand anything what we tried to tell them. They served the cake next to the buffet after everyone was finished eating. Isn't it proper to serve the cake right after dinner at the table? It was hardly noticeable. They cut very small slices of cake even though we had 4 large cakes. We assume they took the rest of the cake since we got only the top tier. They were very quick to clean up the buffet and started throwing away the food. Luckily, we were able to take some food away as we catered our own food. Not happy with the service at all and was very pricey for what we got. Definitely would not recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Rosemary, 7/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Wedding Cake

Janneli & Cecy are amazing as well as the day of coordinator Yami. Planning a wedding is stressful, but with this venue a lot of the pressure is taking off your shoulders. They provide you with beautiful Decor, amazing vendors, and all-around customer service. You can tell they care about what they do and they are good at it. The reception hall was so beautiful I got so many compliments on how amazing my wedding was. I mean it was a dream come true. They guided me in the right direction, they gave me their expert advice and I truly trusted them from the beginning. My wedding guests are still talking about it! It truly was an unforgettable event and I can't thank everyone at the Floridian enough!

Profile Picture DESIREE, 11/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The place is awesome and reasonable. Janelli and staff are very helpful. The DJ Edwin is great. He had all guests dancing. Decor and food was good. Thank you Floridian ballroom!!!

Profile Picture Sandra, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers
2.2

Our Wedding Date; August 13, 2016 This ballroom is a beautiful venue for weddings and other events. My husband and I were pleased with the decor and the setup on our wedding day. The team from the office did an amazing job (along with my wedding planner and her assistant). During the process/preparation, we encountered some issues. After multiple food tastings, I was not satisfied with the outcomes. I started to stress out because I was under the impression that I could not get outside catering. After speaking with the manager and expressing our dissatisfaction with the catering we were told we can get outside catering. Although I was happy with getting the outside catering, I was a bit annoyed because by the second or third food tasting, it should have been mentioned what our alternatives were.
Also, the day of the wedding, our family and friends complained about the services from the servers. Due to the language barrier, it was difficult for our family to communicate their needs when the servers did not understand what they were asking - Also, the servers were given instructions on where to start passing out food and did not follow these instructions (for example, they were suppose to start on table 3 first, instead they started on table 22). - The servers were serving some tables twice which should not have been the case, for instance if guests communicated that they did not want rice the servers would go back and request a plate with no rice and serve an additional plate to that guest leaving the previously served plate at the center of the table untouched. This may be the biggest reason food started running low. I did use the other room for my ceremony service which was beautiful. The reception decor was gorgeous, however there some lighting missed but the way it was setup no one would have known. There has to be better communication and an improvement in customer service from the servers.

Profile Picture Arlene, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography

Gianelli and her team are truly the best! Gianelli definitely made the wedding planning process stress free and smooth sailing! I am so blessed to have had her as a wedding planner and pulling off our special day. Everything was beautiful and we received so many compliments on our wedding and it was all because my friends Gianelli and Ceci put everything together perfectly.

Mi hija Gaby y yo estamos muy agradecidos de haber contado con Gianelli, Ceci y todo el equipo de Floridian Ballrooms, Ustedes hicieron de la boda de mi hija un dia inolvidable...

Un especial agradecimiento a Frank Castellanos el Maestro de Ceremonia por su excelente trabajo...

Profile Picture maria, 4/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I planned the event with a year of advance for my daughter quinceanera that was on 12/05/15, there was not one day a went to this place that I was treated by cesy and yanelys with love and professionalism, I could't pick a better place for my event all the staff are highly professionals from the Master of Ceremony to the waiters, the place is beautiful but if there is not professional people that runs it forget it !!! the food was delicious same taste that when I went to chose it, they promise open bar imported and exported drinks and it was amazing, the subcontractors that they hire to take care of your details ( flowers, cake, pictures, Dj,videos, stages, the limousine etc... ) are the BEST!!, on the day of the event when I enter to the salon it literally took my breath away and make me cry it was stoning I could't be with my daughter behind the stage because I was receiving my guest and cesy and yanelys stayed with her giving her love and confidence until the event start because she was stremly nervous and I didn't even ask for that!!, they took care for every single detail the manager of the salon on the day of the event runs my party and it was like she was reading my mind I was so lost that night jajajaja, they are the best I will miss them because once you know them you learn to love them, I totally recommend this place for any event.... Love you Cesy and Yane I will miss you guys

Velinda December 5/2015

Profile Picture velinda, 12/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding there on Nov 1! We had both ceremony and reception there and couldn't have picked a better venue!! Janelli, Yammy, and the rest of the staff were very accomodating and made sure our day was everything perfect!! If you are looking to work with people of integrity that sincerely love what they do...don't look any further! You will be in great hands!!!

Profile Picture Kalila, 11/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cecy was great! This ballroom makes planning your wedding easy because they already have a set of vendors included. Beware that these vendors might try to up-sell you since the included packages are very basic. Even with the up-sells, we were able to come in under budget. My advice, set calendar reminders and check in with the ballroom often, do not expect them to proactively contact you, even with this being said, they are still amazing at their jobs! I would definitely use them again for another party or event!

Profile Picture Joy, 10/17/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I held our wedding reception at Floridian Ballrooms. The service was phenomenal. The Venue is perfect and the ballroom very spacious. Having our reception planned at Floridian was stress free and worth every dime. The appetizers were tasty and our guests enjoyed them. The only improvement they would need to make is of the quality of the entrées. A few of our guests mentioned the food was cold and bland in taste, otherwise everything else was wonderful. I would definitely recommend this venue. Cecy and Yanelys were very helpful throughout the entire process as well as the event manager.

Profile Picture Carlos O., 8/2/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't even know where to start..... I will say that when my hubby and I first decided to tie the knot... I wanted a beach wedding....but then I had to find a venue and a reception hall and then a caterer and then the cake maker....a DJ...and omg everything else lol.... but then I called my sister who had her wedding here....and she told me what the services and pricing was.... well as soon as I heard this my beach wedding dream was shattered....and so I called to get a quote...spoke to Cecey..... and when she told me that EVERYTHING WAS INCLUDED ....DJ...catering.....cake.....drinks....venue......staff.....decorations....i mean EVERYTHING! Well I would have to be really dumb not to have jumped on the deal....what I didn't expect was that everything would be handled in such a way that there was virtually nothing for me to do but show up and say "I Do"......when I walked in to see the venue in the colors that we chose...the tables all set up and the staff waiting for us.... and by the time the whole thing was over and done with.... I had walked away with the dream wedding I didn't even know I wanted... It was a dream.....and these people helped make it happen....thank you to everyone....DJ Joey rocked....my manager rocked and I felt like she really did want us to be happy on our day.... Cecey you rock!!! Thank you all!!!!

Profile Picture Nehemias, 7/12/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location
1.1

I went to a sweet sixteen there on the 12th and the food was horrible - cold the meat tastes funny next day I was sick to my stomach and some of the guest I heard were sick as well, about the cake cake was delicious but hardly anyone was able to try it like me I had a piece went to get a drink and when I came back they had already taken the cake away from the entire table -- super bad service - the dj was great but the service with the waiters and food was horrible specially for the price

Profile Picture yaly, 12/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had only 3 months to plan a wedding and the help we received from Floridian Ballroom was wonderful during this stressful time. They had to set up the table several times due to a ill bride when she couldn't make it on the set date. They worked with us in all aspects of the wedding. From being extremely affordable( We were originally going to do it ourselves in a hall) to having most things included Cake, Centerpieces , DJ , Bartender and the food which made the process so much easier. We were able to have a food tasting, go to meet the cake decorator and also go to the florist and explain what we wanted . The place is beautiful inside, the bartender was fantastic. The DJ listened to what we wanted and the wedding coordinator was also around to see if we needed anything. The only thing I was told by guests was there was a delay in the serving of appetizers after the ceremony. But since we were taking pictures I was not aware of this personally. And it may have even been that they hadn't arrived by their table yet. Overall we would recommend this venue to future brides as a very affordable venue that is beautiful and has great service and coordinates all your ideas for you. As commented on previous reviews, Yes, there are other options available that will increase your cost but that is at any venue. It you want a wedding that is beautiful and runs smoothly go see Floridian Ballrooms.

Profile Picture Tina, 11/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Wedding Cake
0.3

We had the top package with Floridian. The banquet hall & decorations were beautiful. However, the service was horrible & they completely messed up our food choices. We worked with them to plan our wedding for over 10 months & they completely ignored our requests for our dinner choices. There were many points throughout the night that our guests had no water, & there were no waiters or waitresses attending to our guests. The bathrooms were being renovated & didn't even have a mirror or soap dispenser. I can't express how disappointed we were. We thought we had established a relationship with them... In the end they could careless about us!!! I would never recommend Floridian to any one I care about!!!!

Profile Picture Dina, 11/8/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We would like to thank you for the outstanding service we have receive during our wedding.We also want to congratulate you on the amazing staff you have,tremendously attentive and kind always with a smile.Many thanks to the bar tender,DJ,photographer,the videotaping person,the master of ceremonies,decorator, waiters/waitresses,the manager for making this day unforgettable.To Cecy our deepest gratitude.

Profile Picture Tatiana, 7/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just celebrated my Retirement Party at the Floridian Ballrooms and I could not have been more pleased. The Quality of the Service I received was Excellent starting with Janneli and Ceci who helped me each step of the way with all of the planning and details that were involved , the Florist and Bakery they referred me to were top notch and both held excellent reputations for doing quality work. The food was Excellent and the staff was amazing. I was very pleased with the quality of all of the services I received. I would definitely recommend the Floridian Ballrooms

Profile Picture Naida, 1/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
4.2

We recently had our wedding at Floridian Ballrooms and had a great time! Everything turned out beautiful and the staff was amazing. We have received so many compliments from our guests on the venue and services provided that night (ex: food was delicious, MC was energetic, bartender was excellent, DJ kept the party going and the list goes on and on). Janelli and Ceci were a pleasure to work with they helped keep me calm throughout the planning and reassured me all the way to the end. Yamilet and Frank did an incredible job along with my wedding coordinator Socorro. They were all on the same page and everything transitioned smoothly. Needless to say we are very happy customers and recommend this venue. Please keep in mind some upgrades maybe needed if you want more decor options.

Profile Picture Maria, 8/3/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The place was great, did not like my flowers. the location and sevices was the best

Profile Picture User1453257, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

FLORIDIAN BALLROOM IS THE BEST ALL IN ONE INCLUSIVE LOCATION TO HAVE ANY EVENT. I HAD MY WEDDING THERE AND THE STAFF IS IMPECCABLE! FROM THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TO THE FOOD. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS ESTABLISHMENT IS REMARKABLE. JANELLI IS BY FAR THE BEST COORDINATOR/CONSULTANT/PARTY PLANNER AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON THAT I HAVE EVER MET IN MY LIFE! MY HUSBAND AND I ENJOYED OUR WEDDING PLANNING AND OUR WEDDING DAY IMMENSELY. THEY ARE FLEXIBLE WHEN IT COMES YOUR NEEDS AND HOW YOU MAY WANT THOSE NEEDS AND WANTS EXECUTED. FOREVER GRATEFUL!

THANKS FLORIDIAN!

Profile Picture Tatiania, 9/22/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Wedding Planning

If you are on a budget this is the place for you. They have packages for every budget,

Profile Picture User1435346, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Janelli was absolutely the best person to work with at the Floridian Ballrooms. She made out wondering and everlasting memory of a life time. We are so honored and glad to have chosen this venue.

Profile Picture Charmaine, 7/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great experience, awesome staff, excellent service. I recommend this venue 100% One stop shopping.

Profile Picture Adriana, 5/4/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
1.1

You know the old adage; "you get what you pay for"? It's true, and in some cases as it happens to be with this wedding venue, you actually get even less. My nephew has his entire wedding (ceremony and reception) at Floridian Ballrooms this past weekend and it can only be called anything short of a fiasco. To start with, the florist recommended by this venue was rude, unprofessional and failed to deliver the flowers needed for the featured staircase (shown in almost all the photos of this venue). The runner for the the ceremony was never laid out; the staff was frantically running around trying to clean the bathrooms, set up the reception hall and so on as the guests were arriving. As soon as the ceremony was over and guests were moving into the adjacent "ballroom", they were met with caterers outside waiting to set up the ceremony hall for another wedding (which we know nothing about). It just screamed "factory weddings".
The food was so bad at the tasting, that my sister had to hire outside caterers. I accompanied her and the bride to the final meeting with the wedding coordinator. The pictures the bride was shown of the ceremony setup when she signed the contract was completely different (and much better) than what she was shown at this meeting. When she just about recovered from the shock and said, "but this isn't what you originally showed me"' the wedding coordinator replied, "the pictures we show when a couple comes in are supposed to entice the couple. It is our highest package, the Sophistication Package". That isn't what you picked". The bride replied, " you never told me that!" then the coordinator replied, " Even if I didn't, it's in the contract". It was not clear in the contract. Now, you can split hairs or you can just call it deception.
Really, I could go on and on but I think my point is clear. Don't think you will be saving money by hiring this venue because you won't. The slightest upgrade costs extra. And don't think they will take care of everything for your special day. They won't. You will still be doing all the work and making up for their inefficiency. It is really worth having a look around and checking out hotels. Trust me, even if the original figure is higher that Floridian's, you are sure to have way friendlier, professional team handling your special day. The Floridian Ballroom is only concerned with filling their calendar with as many weddings in a day as they can. Customer Service is a little known concept to them.

Profile Picture Tricia, 4/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is an excellent venue at a great value. Our event was very elegant and our guest had a great time. The entire staff was very professional and accommodating. The food was delicious, the flowers were gorgeous, and the room was beautifully decorated with elegant table cloths, chair covers, and tableware. We loved the cake, it was a good size, beautiful and best of all, very yummy! I highly recommend this venue for anyone, whether you are on a budget or not.

Profile Picture Mery, 3/17/12, 2 Reviews