Florida Yacht Club Reviews

Florida Yacht Club 6
Florida Yacht Club 7

Joann Ercia Mendoza · Getting married on 11/05/2019

An Act of Class

The venue is beautiful. Jessica is wonderful, informative and very professional. We felt at ease and fully supported by the staff and we were able to enjoy our evening. The meal was tasteful and the excution from the staff and management was precise and elegant.

Sent on 05/15/2019
  • Christopher

Christopher Hoyt · Married on 06/29/2019

Florida Yacht Club Excels

We recently had our daughter's wedding reception at The Florida Yacht Club and our experience could not have been better! Truly A+. From the food to the décor to the service and management staff, we were treated professionally and felt that the success our event was their only concern. We can recommend this facility and staff without reservation.

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 05/04/2019

Best venue we could have ever hoped for!

From day 1 we fell in love with this venue. The views are absolutely breath taking! We had our wedding here and want to relive it over and over again. Jessica, the catering coordinator, did an outstanding job helping us through the process. The service was top notch and we even had our personal assistant that helped us with anything we needed throughout the night. She was a super star! We cannot thank this venue enough!!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Susan · Married on 02/23/2019

Fabulous experience!

The entire staff went out of their way to make our daughters wedding a beautiful day! The food was excellent - they have an amazing Chef- and the venue is the best in Northeast Florida! The catering director was spectacular as she transformed our vision into reality. Highly recommend The Florida Yacht Club!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Paul Forehand · Married on 01/12/2019

Overall great experience. Our wedding day was perfect!

Overall great experience. Our wedding day was perfect!

Sent on 03/09/2019

Keena · Married on 04/28/2018

Amazing! Beautiful!

Jessica was a pleasure to work with! She handled everything with expertise! Highly recommend having your wedding here! The most beautiful venue !

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Florida Yacht Club 18
    Florida Yacht Club 19

Caroline · Married on 02/17/2018

My husband and I had such an incredible experience with FYC. Shoutout to catering manager Jessica Gustine for being so confident, knowledgeable, and professional throughout the months leading up to our wedding. We had the best wedding imaginable at the most beautiful venue in town. Our ceremony was outside, followed by a cocktail hour and formal dinner in the ballroom. The Yacht Club provides an all-inclusive (ceremony, food, reception, alcohol) experience and really takes away most of the expected logistical stress of wedding planning. The staff was on their A-game the entire time, with excellent bar and food service. Guests didn't have to drive from ceremony to reception which was great. Ample parking, detailed preparation like menu tastings. There were no surprise fees or attempts to upsell at us. I can't stress enough that if you love this venue, they will love you back!

Sent on 02/18/2018

Amy · Married on 11/12/2016

Everything about my wedding was perfect with much thanks to the venue and catering director Pam!! My guests raved!! The food was delicious!! Much thanks to Pam, from the bottom of my heart!!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Helen · Married on 08/06/2016

Loved working with the Florida Yacht Club for our wedding! We're not members, but the yacht club was the only place in Jacksonville that had the look that I wanted, could accommodate a plated dinner for 100 people, and wasn't crazy ridiculous expensive. The meals and bar options are about standard pricing for a wedding, but they didn't also tack on a ridiculous venue rental fee. We rented the entire second floor because they have a beautiful porch that overlooks the St. John's and having the entire second floor was awesome because we were able to keep the photo booth in a separate room and not crowd the ballroom. Not that it even would have because the ballroom is so spacious and gorgeous. We started with Heather, but Pamela took over half way through, both were so responsive and helpful with every crazy question filled email I sent. The biggest thing that impressed me was that they were able to modify the menu to accommodate my gluten intolerance. The food was delicious! Also, I was able to drop stuff off the Wednesday before the Saturday I got married which was awesome and very helpful to my family doing the set up. Everything was so gorgeous, everyone was so nice and very helpful. It was definitely a wonderful experience having our wedding at the Florida Yacht Club.

Sent on 08/10/2016

Katie · Married on 10/24/2015

Heather and her team at The Florida Yacht Club did an amazing job. Our wedding was BEAUTIFUL. Several guests made it a point to tell me that is was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Heather was very attentive, responded to every email and question quickly, made sure we had thought through every little detail, and helped to make sure that every vision that I had for the day came true. This venue is gorgeous and everyone had an absolute blast!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Florida Yacht Club's reply:

We are so glad you enjoyed everything at The Florida Yacht Club! It was our pleasure getting to work with you during the planning process and see your vision come to life. Thank you sincerely for your kind words and perfect review - this means the world to us! Hope our paths cross again in the future.
    Best wishes to you and Sean!
    -Heather Jarman and The Florida Yacht Club Team

Mindy · Married on 10/03/2015

My daughter's wedding reception at the FYC was BEAUTIFUL! The food was delicious and the staff was very professional. Heather Jarman was AMAZING to work with. She is very organized. I can say THANK YOU enough to Heather for making my daughter's wedding the best day of her life.

Mindy R.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Florida Yacht Club's reply:

Awe, Mindy...you are so kind! Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It was an absolute pleasure getting to work with you and your family during the process, you all are such sweet people. I agree, the wedding was BEAUTIFUL and I am so glad you chose The Florida Yacht Club as your venue. On behalf of our entire staff, I'd like to sincerely THANK YOU for the chance to host Laurie & Matt's Special Day here with us! We wish them all the best in the future!
    -Heather Jarman

Melissa · Married on 03/14/2015

My husband and I are so pleased with our choice to have both our wedding ceremony & reception at The Florida Yacht Club. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the staff is top notch. I had the pleasure of working with Heather, the catering manager at the FYC. She was friendly, easy to talk to, and extremely helpful. She was my go to person and always responded to calls and emails quickly. She's great and helped make the entire planning process a lot less stressful. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 03/30/2015

Michelle · Married on 01/10/2015

Anybody who wants the best venue in Jacksonville needs to use the Florida Yacht Club! The food is amazing and the staff makes you feel as if you are apart of their family. They make sure that no detail is left undone.

Sent on 01/22/2015

Joan · Married on 12/27/2014

My daughter's wedding reception at the FYC was perfect! The food was delicious and the staff was very professional. Heather Jarman was fantastic to work with. She is so organized and quickly responded to all my questions and concerns during the planning stages and during the event. I'm very happy we decided to have the reception here.

Sent on 04/25/2015

Courtney · Married on 10/04/2014

Heather and her team at the Florida Yacht Club are amazing! She was readily available to answer questions and was accommodating throughout the whole process. The venue is amazing for pictures, both indoors and out. Our reception had hundreds of candles and was truly incredible. We received many compliments on the food and bar service. It is a little pricey for a venue, but it is worth the money. We would absolutely recommend it to friends!

Sent on 11/02/2014

A++++++++ Right on St. Johns River. Nice view of the river and the sky line. Ambiance of the whole inside and out was romantic, beautiful, and fun. The reception fit our Church service just perfectly. I had the cocktail room and ballroom decorated to my taste. Absolutely gorgeous. Pamela, the event coordinator was exemplary with organization, set up, food, vendors, timeline etc. In preparation, she was touching base with me on queue. She made the whole night as perfect as much as I have ever dreamed of. I appreciate all of her expertise and input with their unique food pairings/selection at the food tasting. The dinner presentation was PHENOMENAL. The food tasted PHENOMENAL (Thanks to executive chef, Stephan Bechan, and yes better than hotel or country club wedding reception food I have ever had). I had guests wishing that they could take the food home!!! Everything from beginning to end was so SMOOTH. As long as you have the patience and you give her the time and input that she needs, to provide to you what you want, you will have the best venue you could ever ask for. I am so pleased with The Florida Yacht Club, as so were my guests.

Sent on 10/18/2013

My husband and I were married recently and had our wedding reception at the Florida Yacht Club. Pamela, the catering director, was so attentive to our needs and covered every detail imaginable. Her staff (Heather, especially) was VERY accommodating and they even made our table numbers and menus match the motif of our invitations. Our guests raved at the service the staff provided at our reception lunch and I received countless compliments on the food. We ordered stuffed chicken breast and wild mushroom ravioli. Both dishes were a hit! I am hoping that they will consider installing AV equipment in the ballroom as that would have made streaming music a bit better since we didn't hire a DJ...Other than that, I HIGHLY recommend the Florida Yacht Club for any wedding reception or event!

Sent on 06/16/2013
  • Robert

Robert · Married on 06/09/2012

My wife and I chose the Florida Yacht Club as the venue for our wedding ceremony and reception because it was absolutely gorgeous, reasonably priced and available. We got lucky with our choice because as it turns out, those superficial evaluations only scratch the surface with what the Yacht club offers. The food was fantastic, the staff was friendly and professional. The execution was perfect: everything was on time, and in its place. Above all, our wedding coordinator, Jennifer, was absolutely terrific. She was organized, professional and incredibly helpful. From the planning phase, to the days leading up to it, and finally on the day of the wedding, she was invaluable. I would recommend this venue to anyone and my wife and I are very grateful to the Yacht Club and Jennifer for making our day perfect.

Sent on 08/21/2012

Arnika · Married on 05/19/2012

Jennifer was absolutely amazing. This venue is perfect for all group sizes. The staff treated us like royalty and no was never an option on our requests. I love love love the Florida Yacht Club and have recommended it to my circle. The icing on the cake was that Jennifer remembered that my favorite drink is a margarita and she had a pitcher waiting for us in the holding room before the reception. Talk about the little thing. Two thumbs up from me!

Sent on 07/16/2012

taylor · Married on 12/17/2011

My husband and I planned a wedding on rather short notice, and we felt like we struck gold when the Florida Yacht Club had our date available! To our benefit, another event had just been cancelled, freeing up our wedding date for us. The food was amazing, big portions and a great value. Little things about the menu and the pricing make it a very fair option. It was one of few reception site we looked at that charged different prices for chicken and beef. Most places give you the option to serve a choice of entree, but charge at the rate of the most expensive one entree. As well, for the menu during cocktail hour, you can order in smaller portions to have a mixture of foods. Again, other reception places- when you order an option for the cocktail hour, they charge you per number of guests total. SO on our budget we would have had a cheese platter set for 160 people. Instead, we were able to choose a variety of foods- they let us split up and order cheese for 50 poeple, veggies for 50 people, fruit for 50 people and antipasto for 50 people. This allowed us to have great options for our guests and to not just have a tremendous amount of one food type.

As well, the open bar, paying for what you drink, turned out to be a win-win. We have been to open bars weddings where it is 1 set price per person, where the lines are always long bc the bar is under staffed, the pours a light... all because the reception hall makes more money if they provide less alcohol, of course. It was very important for us that our guests get exactly what they wanted without waiting on line forever. With this system, the Yacht Club was more than accommodating to our guests, having poured beer and wine waiting for guests when they arrived, provided heavy pours on request. The service was pretty awesome. And even for having one of the highest bar bills the Yacht Club has ever seen (something our families are very proud of ;)... it was still an awesome deal for all the top shelf booze everyone drank over the course of a 6 hour wedding.

Working with Jennifer and Bill was great as well. Incridibly accomodating and always willing to help and go out of their way to make our wedding exactly what we wanted it to be.

We could not have a been happier with everything!
    Oh and did I forget to mention the place is gorgeous! But that speaks for itself... I would definitely recommend this location!

Sent on 02/01/2012

Chelsea · Married on 12/02/2011

My reception was beautiful in the ballroom around Christmas time! We would have gotten married on the balcony as well with the city in the background, but it was a little out of our price range. The evening and room was absolutely perfect :)

Sent on 01/29/2012
  • Rocketdog

Sharon · Married on 10/22/2011

The Florida Yacht Club was an amazing venue for our reception! The historical ballroom is gorgeous and so unique! The view of the St John's river overlooking downtown Jacksonville is breathtaking.

Jennifer was extremely professional and flexible with our menu choices. The staff is amazing and very prompt with delivery and everyone loved the food!!

Sent on 11/10/2011

Erica · Married on 09/10/2011

Having previously worked for the Florida Yacht Club it was no surprise that our vow renewal ceremony and reception turned out perfectly. We had a party of 100+/- people in the ballroom. The club was so accomodating. During the evening we and our guests released 50 sky lanterns of the club's balcony and the sight was amazing.

The groom and I had our choice of a plated dinner which was exactly what we requested. Our guests enjoyed a buffet. We got tons of compliments on all the food provided.

Sent on 09/24/2011
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 06/18/2011

The Florida Yacht Club couldn't have been a better choice to host our wedding reception! Jennifer, and the rest of the staff, were great to work with. Planning a reception can be a little stressful and challenging at times, but Jennifer lead me through the process from start to finish, and it couldn't have been easier. She helped us with everything from the layout of seating and tables to the menu. When I say she helped us with the menu, she didn't just help us "pick" items from a menu. We talked about what foods we wanted, and ideas we had, and created our own menu from there. The food was really good and everyone still tells my husband and I how good the shrimp and grits were! We had an open bar and there was never a line for drinks, we had enough bartenders and staff for our large wedding.
    Jennifer picked up quickly the feel and atmosphere we wanted for the reception and helped us create a beautiful event. She was always available when I wanted to come by and check on something or look at the space one more time. If I emailed or called with a question Jennifer or the staff quickly responded. She didn't just help with the big "stuff" she took care of the little things bride don't want to have to think about. I also loved the fact that they didn't tell us when we needed to end our evening, it wasn't just about the "hours" there. Needless to say I am a BIG fan of using the Florida Yacht Club for a wedding reception. The venue was beautiful and the staff was so accommodating. It couldn't have been any easier to plan and our guests couldn't have been treated to a better night.

Sent on 02/02/2012