Flor del Monte Reviews

Flor del Monte 5
  • Emilia

Emilia M · Married on 08/31/2019

The Flowers of My Dreams

The personal florals (bouquets, boutonnières, and corsages) that Zenia created for our wedding this past weekend were downright stunning and one of the elements of our wedding that gave me the most joy. I would say Zenia "read my mind," but I think it would actually be more accurate to say she listened incredibly closely to what I wanted, to the point where she was able to make something that was an augmented version of what I had communicated to her during our consultation. I knew I wanted a color palette of soft pastels with certain kinds of flowers and greens (garden roses, anemone, eucalyptus, etc.), and Zenia took that as a point of departure to create something extraordinary. The way she juxtaposed color, texture, and shape in our florals was masterful - her creativity and talent blew me away. The beauty of my bridal bouquet, especially, was truly beyond anything I had envisioned. I got so many compliments from friends and family - and looking back, I think the florals are really what tied our event together in terms of the soft color palette and garden-inspired vibe. Maybe it's that those wedding emotions are still fresh, but I am literally tearing up writing this review because our flowers were so special and beautiful. They made me so happy, and I will remember them forever!

Flor del Monte 6
    Flor del Monte 7
    Flor del Monte 8
    Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Nmevans25

Nmevans25 · Married on 07/20/2019

Perfect translation of my wedding vision into the perfect flower and decor arrangements.

Zenia had an amazing talent for choosing the perfect flowers for my vision and giving that vision life. I had no idea what to ask for, so when we met, I simply talked about the style I was going for and that she showed me suggestions to choose from. She helped me choose a combination of the colors that I wanted and what was in season. The flowers were breathtaking. My guests and I were in awe of the work that she and her staff did. They were incredibly professional, timely to reply to all of my questions and requests, and even accommodated some of my last-minute changes!

Flor del Monte 9
    Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Luse · Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely gorgeous

Wow! I would absolutely recommend Zenia and her team. I had NO idea what I wanted for flowers and decor and she walked me through the whole process and presented mood board and options to help us build the perfect wedding. It all turned out even better than I imagined.

Sent on 05/21/2019

Justine · Married on 10/01/2016

Zenia is amazing. Our bouquets were the best of any wedding that I've ever seen. She is so flexible in terms of pickup times, delivery, etc. Definitely recommend!!!!!!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Sara · Married on 09/04/2016

We used Flor Del Monte for our wedding flowers in Sept. 2016. Zenia is so great and so is her team. Her customer service is great and she checks up on you throughout the wedding planning. She is very creative and talented and we were very happy with our flowers. Our wedding guests could not say enough about the flowers and how unique/beautiful they were. Everyone in our wedding party loved their bouquets and boutineers. If you want great service and beautiful flowers then use Flor Del Monte.

bridal bouquet
    MOTB/MOTG mini bouquet
    bridesmaid bouquets
    groom/groomsmen/FOTB/FOTG boutineers
    cocktail table flowers in mini vases/wooden flower boxes
    hanging olive leaves from light posts outside with flowers mixed in
    vines of greenery around ceremony space
    vines of greenery down center of tables
    candles at tables
    flower for brides hair
    flowers for dessert table/cake

Sent on 11/30/2016

Cassidy · Married on 08/06/2016

Zenia is a dream, I mean truly. The easiest part of wedding planning was working with her. I walked in with a rough idea of what I wanted and she immediately started pulling up images, sketching things out, and working through it creatively with me to come up with an amazing vision. We then connected once more again before the wedding, went over all the details (that she totally handled) and basically ran away with it so I could focus elsewhere.

The day of, my chuppah (in a church no less) was just absolutely stunning, my bouquet was everything I dreamed (robust, lovely), and the girls flowers were gorgeous as well. My reception room came to life and it's because of the vision and beauty she brought to the room. Couldn't recommend enough!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Kerry · Married on 07/01/2016

Zenia was exceptional at her craft and wonderfully pleasant and easy to work with. She absolutely went above and beyond to make our day look incredible!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Stephanie · Married on 06/11/2016

Oh my gosh where do I begin? From the second I met Zenia I knew she would be the perfect person to make our wedding vision come to life! She was exactly what we were looking for! Her special touches, kindness, and passion shines through every arrangement. Zenia was really open and willing to work with our budget to provide options for a quote we were comfortable with. When the Big Day came, she delivered the personals to our apartment while we were getting ready and with my bouquet and the girls's in hand, it was the first moment that it all set in! I was brought to tears by her warmth and the romantic flowers before me. We received so many compliments, and I am so incredibly happy we had the pleasure to work with Zenia. You will absolutely love her work

Sent on 08/09/2016

Erika · Married on 05/29/2016

Zenia did my ceremony and bouquets for my wedding! She did an awesome job and everything came out beautiful!

Sent on 06/17/2016

jessica · Married on 03/05/2016

Words cannot express my gratitude for Zenia! She provided most of my wedding decor, except for draping, a few weekends ago at Room 1520. She was not only so easy to work with, but the finished product left everyone in awe! I had a preliminary phone call with her, where I discussed what I was looking for, and my concern for not spending too much on florals, because we all know flowers are one of the most expensive parts of the wedding. I told her color scheme, and what I had envisioned for the space. Being the indecisive bride that I was, I changed and added to the contract multiple times, but Zenia had no problem working with my changes. Even though she had worked in the venue multiple times, she personally did a site visit to make sure everything we had talked about would work in the space. Zenia completely transformed the all white venue into an extremely warm, and rich ceremony/cocktail space utilizing lots of candles and deep red florals.

Thank you so much! I dont plan to ever plan a wedding again, but if I ever need florals for anything, you would be the one I would run to!

Sent on 03/16/2016

Molly · Married on 02/13/2016

I couldn't be happier with the gorgeous work of Zenia and her staff at Flor del Monte. My husband and I decided that we could plan our wedding in under 4 months, set for February 13th, and all the while never considered how hard it might be to hire a florist over the busiest flower weekend of the year! After being rejected by multiple florists due to the Valentine's Day demand, I came upon Flor del Monte just 60 days before the big day. Zenia was so understanding, professional, and responsive. My red garden rose bouquet was a stunner. The artistry of her floral arrangements is truly something to see. Check our Flor del Monte!

Sent on 03/23/2016

lauren · Married on 12/05/2015

Our flowers were beautiful and Zenia totally got our vision. We had a winter wedding and her choices in floral were perfect. She was able to show us photos of what she was going to do, and also added our own flair. She will help work in a price range you are comfortable with- and is very upfront about what things cost.
    Amazing to work with, very attentive to detail, and her response time in getting back to us and also with the contract details was great.
    HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 02/17/2016

Samantha · Married on 11/07/2015

Flor del Monte was such a pleasure to work with and I feel like we got a great value for our money. The company is family owned and Zenia took care of us the entire time. Right from our initial consultation we felt confident in Zenia's design abilities and seemed to really know what I was looking for based on pictures I showed her and what I described. After our consultation, Zenia drew up two separate proposals, each at different price points, which we appreciated. Both were done very well with great detail, and I didn't feel like she was pushing us toward one option over the other. Ultimately, we were able to incorporate pieces that we liked from each proposal. As our wedding got closer, I contacted Zenia to tell her that I had added another color to our color palette, and she was happy to adjust our contract to incorporate the new colors and design. We met one final time at her studio to see a mock up of our centerpieces and we were really happy with the results. On the day of the wedding, Zenia's team arrived as scheduled with our personal flowers and went to get to work on our ceremony and reception space. My bouquet was absolutely gorgeous and all of my bridesmaids loved their flowers as well. Our reception space looked gorgeous and overall we're so happy with how everything turned out. You can't go wrong with Flor del Monte and I would absolutely recommend them!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Jason & Danielle · Married on 10/10/2015

Flor Del monte is a enthusiastic family run business. They are so very nice and accommodating. We had a few meetings with them to set up what we wanted and they delivered exactly that. Our flowers were beyond expectation. We had bouquets, corsages and boutonnières.

Sent on 10/29/2015
  • Sujeidy

sujeidy · Married on 09/26/2015

Flor Del Monte did an amazing job making my minimal, modern yet elegant vision come to life! Zenia knew exactly the look that I was going for, and I trusted her completely with this. I was frustrated with previous vendors that I had set up consultations with, because despite me letting them know my budget, they still proposed a total which was definitely over my limit. Of course, they said they could work back from that number to lower the cost, but it was frustrating that they even prop

Sent on 10/01/2015

Amy · Married on 07/04/2015

I met with a couple florists and knew immediately that I wanted to work with Zenia. I had been “warned” that the florist plays a larger role than you anticipate and that you should choose someone who you really would enjoy working with, which was fantastic advice. Zenia was warm, professional and extremely easy to work with via email, in person and on the big day (including her team). Zenia was creative in taking our colors and some inspirational photos and creating masterpieces. She truly listened to my feedback at our first mock-up and delivered some of the most spectacular flowers that I’ve ever seen. I never considered myself to be a “flower person” before the wedding and I can honestly say that the bouquets, different centerpieces and candles were one of my favorite parts of the day.

Sent on 07/27/2015

Erin · Married on 06/06/2014

Thank you, Zenia, for an incredible job! Our wedding flowers were stunning. They set the tone for the entire event and matched my "vision" perfectly. We had a run-through, at which Zenia created mock centerpieces. She was incredibly flexible and has a remarkable memory for details specific to your event. Prices were also reasonable. She came recommended from a friend, and I would also highly recommend Flor Del Monte.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Loved Flor del Monte for my daughter's wedding at Newberry Library in Chicago on 9/5/15! Zenia is fantastic to work with. She is so creative and beautifully carried out my daughter's vision for her flowers. Zenia also provided the chuppah which was exactly what my daughter wanted -- birch poles, incorporation of a grandmother's tablecloth, lovely greenery, and a minimum of flowers -- all with a very natural look. It was gorgeous! I loved all of Zenia's choices of flowers for her creations. In addition to such pretty arrangements, Zenia is extremely organized and detail oriented which made working with her such a pleasant experience. Flor del Monte is highly recommended by our family!!!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Lizzette · Married on 10/06/2013

We hired Flor Del Monte for our wedding at the Wit Hotel on October 6, 2013, and I couldn't have been more delighted. Zenia was absolutely WONDERFUL to work with, and the flower arrangements far exceeded our expectations.

She made our budget work so well, and since our ceremony and reception were in the same hotel, she also suggested we re-use our arrangements- i.e., the floral centerpieces that decorated the aisle and our two mazanita trees with tea-light candles, which perfectly framed the end of the aisle, were all used again as part of our reception decor, on our candy table and guest/family tables. Genius!

I had a special vision for my own bouquet, I knew I wanted lots and lots of color. What she delivered was the most beautiful and creative arrangement I had ever seen.

Zenia and her team were also very punctual with the deliveries; they were there early to set up for the ceremony, they transferred the arrangements from the ceremony to the reception area (our reception area literally transformed with her flowers), and they were on time to pick up at the end of the night. I couldn't have dreamed of going with anyone else. Thank you again, Zenia!

Sent on 11/23/2013

Emily · Married on 09/20/2013

Zenia was wonderful to work with! After just a short meeting showing her some ideas I’d collected for flowers I liked, she was able to make my vision a reality – and added some new flower choices that not only looked beautiful and fit in perfectly, but also met with my budget. The look I was going for was a mix of elegant and rustic, which she executed perfectly. She was so friendly and easy to work with. The flowers on the day of our wedding were fresh, lush, and lasted all day and night.

Sent on 12/26/2013

Kim · Married on 08/31/2013

Zenia at Flor Del Monte was amazing to work with. She has such a love and excitement for floral designs and I noticed it the moment I met her. I know next to nothing about flowers, except what looks good in pictures. Zenia was wonderful with explaining and showing me different examples of flower types that we could use to get a desired effect without breaking the bank.

Our wedding flowers turned out phenomenal! We chose a combination of white, fuschia and pink flowers to go with cobalt blue accent colors and our guests could not stop raving about how gorgeous the floral displays and escort card table centerpiece were. I would absolutely recommend Zenia to anyone getting married in the future. You will have such beautiful flowers for your special day!

Sent on 02/09/2014

Therese · Married on 08/10/2013

Flor del Monte did a spectacular job on our wedding flowers. She knew exactly what I wanted and was so easy to work with.

I am very particular and Flor del Montes's creations exceeded my expectations. Absolutely stunning! The pieces that Zenia created, required not only know how, but artistic talent. Neither of which she is lacking.
    I loved the delivery packaging. Another attention to detail! Lovely. The deliveries and set-up were seamless and all pieces were delivered as promised.

It was an utmost pleasure working with Zenia.

Sent on 08/12/2013
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 05/24/2013

What can I say? Flor del monte was AMAZING. The flowers, everything was just GREAT. MY BOUQUET- SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! HIGHLY recommend!!!!!

Sent on 05/31/2013

Jasmain · Married on 02/16/2013

Ordered my flowers the day before my wedding, so of course I got what was in store but I must say that they did a remarkable job!!!! Loved my bouquet!

Sent on 03/06/2013

Mariebeth · Married on 01/19/2013

When Zenia said that my flowers will look gorgeous...she delivered! She was able to work with me and my budget and all the bouquets looked so elegant! Definitely a great pick!

Sent on 03/03/2013