Fleurs du Mois Reviews

33 Reviews for Fleurs du Mois

• Caroline

Caroline Abikaram · Married on 05/02/2020

Absolutely Stunning Floral Work

Jay and Al made our dreams come true! Our wedding had to be completely replanned and scaled down because of the covid pandemic. While we kept the same floral theme we had to redo the centerpieces and then added lots of additional floral ideas to transition from celebrating at the Lotte NY Palace hotel with 170 guests to my parents backyard with 40 people just 6 weeks out from our wedding date. They made us the most beautiful floral arch to welcome our guests to the backyard and transformed a NYC alleyway into a magical place. They were beyond accommodating and extremely communicative. They made our vision a reality and made it even better than we ever could’ve imagined. Couldn’t recommend them more !

Sent on 08/24/2020

Fleurs du Mois's reply:

Caroline, thank you for such a glowing review! It was our honor to be a part of your special day. :-)
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2019

Couldn't be happier!

As soon as we met Jay and Al, we knew we wanted to work with them. We weren’t sure exactly what we wanted, and other florists we spoke to weren’t very helpful in clarifying our vision. When we met them, they asked for some inspiration photos and then fully brought our vision to life. They created a vision board and were specific about which types of flowers they would use. When we didn’t like one of them, they swapped it out right away. We went in about two months before the wedding to see a sample centerpiece. Even when I took that sample bouquet home, I was getting compliments from strangers. We had considered renting a chuppah elsewhere to save money, but after seeing what they were proposing for it and considering the fact that they would set it up, move it over our sweetheart table for the reception, and take it down at the end of the night, we decided to have them do it. 100% worth the money.

On the wedding day, the flowers looked absolutely incredible. We got our bouquets and boutonnieres delivered to the hotel, and they stayed looking fresh all day and night. Everything, from the aisle treatments to the centerpieces and even the flowers on the cake, was perfect. It’s been almost a month, and we’re still getting compliments about how beautiful the flowers were. Thank you guys so much for everything!

Sent on 11/09/2019

Fleurs du Mois's reply:

Thank you so much! You made us feel like family, and we loved being a part of such a momentous day in your life.
  • Kristan

Kristan McIntosh · Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful Flowers and Wonderful to Work With!

Jay and Al were absolutely the best choice that we could have made! Leading up to the day, they worked closely with us to make sure that our flowers and centerpieces were exactly what we hoped they would be, and they were so accommodating to all of our requests (even letting both of our moms and an Aunt join us for the centerpiece trial at their office!). On the day of, Jay and his assistant made our lives so easy (and beautiful!). The flowers were all so much more than we could have hoped--the room for our reception seriously sparkled! And they truly went above and beyond to help make our day one of the best. We had one small snafu with our table names, where we had accidentally printed off one that was incorrect, but Jay took the initiative to fix it himself without worrying us about the mistake at all. Even our day of coordinator kept saying that Fleurs du Mois (who she hadn't met before) became one of her favorite florists to work with. They were amazing!! I would highly recommend Jay and Al (and the entire Fleurs du Mois team) to anyone getting married in the NY Metro area!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Fleurs du Mois's reply:

Kristan, thank you so much for such a glowing review! It was our honor to be a small part of your big day. And being able to up in the mountains at peak fall season was just such a guilty pleasure as well! We wish you both the very best!
  • Julianne

Julianne · Married on 09/28/2019

Beautiful vibrant flowers!

These guys were so easy and amazing to work with! My husband and I weren't very specific about flowers. We showed them the venue which was very industrial looking with one "idea" photo and the guidelines of "no tight roses, we want it to look picked for a garden" and they ran with it!

The result was beautiful colorful vibrant flowers which couldn't have worked better if I planned them!
    We had one session to discuss our needs, one session a few weeks before with a sample table set up of what they would look like so we could change anything if we wanted to (we didn't) and then they set up everything perfectly on the day.

They really know what they are doing - trust their eye!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Julianne,

Thank you so much for this review! We were so honored to be a small part of your big day, and you were a breeze to work with! We wish the very best for you both.

Jay & Al
  • Z

Zhaleh · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazingly breathtaking

Amazing group of people! Very creative, organized, and caring. I wish all businesses ran like theirs. I highly recommend them :)

Sent on 08/07/2019

Fleurs du Mois's reply:

Thank you SO much! We work very hard to make sure the whole process is as easy as possible. Al and I thank you, and it was our honor to be a small part of your big day. :-)

Sarah · Married on 09/15/2018

I don't even know where to begin describing how wonderful Al and Jay at Fleurs du Mois were.

From our initial meeting to the many follow ups and requests, Al and Jay displayed a level of detail, patience, professionalism, courtesy, and genuine interest that no other florist did. They truly cared about making sure that they could carry out the vision we had and were wholly invested in making sure our wedding was special.

Al is a true artist, whose passion is displayed through the wonderful pieces he creates. From the second we started explaining the kind of decor we wanted, he leaped up out of his seat and started constructing a mock-up of our centerpieces. His level of enthusiasm was unparalleled.

Jay and Al were able to completely transform our reception room into an elegant, gorgeous place that impressed all our guests. The quality of the flowers used was top notch. Everything was beautiful and well-executed.

Jay and Al, THANK YOU so much for everything. You truly made my wedding a special one. Your patience throughout this whole process was extraordinary.

Do not use any other florist except Fleurs du Mois!!!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Meredith · Married on 09/08/2018

Jay and Al from Fleurs du Mois truly brought the vision for my wedding to life! From our initial meeting, I knew that we were in the best and most professional hands. They are both so warm, responsive, and talented! I will never forget walking into my venue and seeing the lighting, the beautiful tablescapes, and just how perfect everything looked. My guests all complimented on how chic and beautiful it was, and it wouldn't have been possible without Fleurs du Mois. Thank you, Jay and Al!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2018

Al and Jay are truly a dynamic duo and did a fantastic job with the flowers for our wedding! We knew they were a great find when they were the only florist that came back with a quote within the budget we gave, but I was so much more grateful to be working with them as time went on. They were constantly working with us to make sure we had what we wanted, giving suggestions on how we could change things to make everything perfect. They were honest with us about what was worth the costs and what wasn't, which I truly appreciated it. Both Al and Jay are excellent communicators, and thanks to them, our vision became a reality! The flowers were simply beautiful-- I was so happy to see all of the beautiful arrangements they made. We got so many compliments, and our venue even reused some of our centerpieces the next day!! I can't give them enough praise for all of their hard work-- thank you, Al and Jay!!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2018

Al and Jay were exceptional to work with. The overall look and feel of my wedding was a bit outside the box and I was looking for a florist that could buy into our vision of an Autumn Fantasy Forest and bring it to life. Many people I met with had very clear aesthetics and a brand style, and were not open or committed to what I was looking for. Al and Jay were extremely warm and interested in our concept from our first meeting, and ran with the idea of the wedding as more of a theatrical event with drama vs. a romantic, tame view of femininity. I wanted bold colors, and the environment to match my fierce Disney Queen/Villianess aesthetic and throughout the process of workshopping ideas with them, Al and Jay really brought it to life and came up with interesting and beautiful choices.

They felt like true collaborative partners in the process, and were so generous with not only their patience and time, but also facilitated some of our rentals (a lamp post!), and provided additional props like candles, a birdcage for us to use as card box, moss for a decor project my mom worked on, and took responsibility for displaying our family wedding portraits at the venue. On the day of the wedding itself they exceeded my expectations with the stunning floral wall they assembled at the venue. It was much wider than we originally discussed, and the fragrance of the flowers was lovely. The color palette was so stunning and everything was so warm and romantic and beautiful. Many of our friends told us it was one of the most beautiful weddings they had ever seen and we received the same comment from the staff working that night. Thank you so much for being such an integral part of the day and bringing 110% to it!! Book them - I can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Melissa · Married on 08/11/2018

We worked with Jay and Al for our wedding at the India House on 8/11/18. Highly recommended! Hands down, one of our favorite vendors. They were extremely responsive, professional and detail-oriented. A true pleasure to work with and so nice! They found ways to work with me and stay on budget, while also executing what I had envisioned (clean, elegant, nothing over the top). On the day of, I couldn't have been happier with all of the arrangements. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Alice · Married on 05/18/2018

Al and Jay did an amazing job with all the flowers for my wedding, exceeded my expectations. They are both very detail oriented and listened to all my suggestions and added creative input during our meetings. I knew they would do a great job just from our discussions but the end result was beyond amazing. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Alex & Shelby · Married on 09/09/2017

Jay and Al from Fleurs du Mois are botanical magicians. There is simply no other way to put it. They came in early and we walked through the venue planning every detail together. They worked with our budget and then built a floral wonderland from our simple requests. We had a few white birdcages they wrapped vines around, and the simple act of perfect greenery turned a fun idea we had into a pillar of our wedding. They worked beautifully with the venue, were insanely efficient, and cleaned up everything; including storing our 25 cumbersome birdcages. They are a truly amazing horticulture boutique and can transform any venue space into a garden of dreams.

Sent on 01/05/2018

Gannod-Schechtman · Married on 07/08/2017

Al and Jay are the best. I contacted them more than a year in advance of my wedding and they were so great and responsive from the start. I really wanted non-traditional flower design and they did a fantastic job making our vision a reality. We had three different designs for centerpieces and they all turned out great.

But they're not just 'yes' men - Al is fantastic with his design and has a great eye. Jay is the best with Type A brides - very accommodating, responsive and patient. I'm very exacting in my vendors and I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Liza · Married on 05/20/2017

I cannot even begin to explain how wonderful and amazing Al & Jay are. From the very first consultation, we immediately felt at ease and I am so happy we decided to go with them after meeting with a lot of NYC florists. Not only did they bring our vision to life, but the floral arrangements came out more beautiful than the sample ones or what we ever imagined. No matter the budget, Al & Jay will work with you and accommodate requests. They have impeccable taste and their arrangements are creative and tasteful. Everyone raved about the flowers at the wedding! They are extremely professional and responsive and on top of their invoicing game (as a bride who did everything, I really appreciated this!). Out of all the people we hired for the wedding, I never had to worry about FDM and I didn't need to follow up on anything. Not only are they the best florists, but they are just the kindest, nicest people around. They gave me the most beautiful arrangements despite my tight budget and even gave me additional stuff as a surprise gift for my wedding! Their clients' happiness come first for them and they will go above and beyond to make everything work out for everyone. I cannot thank them enough for making our wedding look like a million bucks. Their kindness and generosity will always be remembered and I will always speak highly of them and use them again for any floral needs I may have. Thank you, Jay and Al!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/06/2017

The best, best, best! Jay and Al are so talented and executed my vision completely while working within my budget. Love them! Do yourself a favor and use them!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Sabrina · Married on 03/25/2017

Jay and Al were amazing to work with for our wedding. One thing that stands out about them is how collaborative they are. After our initial meeting, we went back and forth for a couple of weeks before they even put together a proposal for our wedding. They had me create a Pinterest board and emailed me with ideas and questions to determine what I was looking for. Other florists I interviewed simply put together a proposal based on one conversation about my vision.

The other thing that really stood out about Fleur du Mois is that they did a complimentary centerpiece for us a couple of months before the wedding, which the other florists I looked at charge for. This was so helpful to see a sample of what they were planning, and when there were a couple of things I didn't like Jay and Al helped me determine what I wanted to change.

The flowers for our wedding were unbelievably beautiful. I had multiple people tell me they had never seen such gorgeous flowers at a wedding. Jay and Al completely exceeded expectations and I would highly, highly recommend them.

Sent on 04/10/2017

Jay and Al are amazing and made everything perfect. I don't know much about flowers and they took what I told them and made a beautiful arrangement. They were able to be flexible within my budget, quickly respond to emails and very nice and personable. They were so great to work with before and on the day of my wedding. My father even lost his botinier and they made him a new one right before the ceremony. They went above and beyond what we asked for and were just amazing. My wedding was almost two hours from the city and the travel fee was very reasonable. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 03/05/2017

Michelle · Married on 10/15/2016

Jay and Al were absolutely WONDERFUL to work with. I passed a lot of different inspiration pieces off and they worked their magic to make my centerpieces and bouquet come to life. They are incredibly flexible and listen to execute your vision. They were a pleasure to work with and I would recommend them over and over again!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Gabrielle · Married on 09/04/2016

Jay and Al were absolutely amazing! Their attention to detail is immaculate and their creativity is incredible. All of the floral arrangements for our wedding were stunning and the room looked gorgeous! Every step of the process was seamless and an absolute pleasure. We highly recommend working with them for your next event.

Sent on 09/24/2016

Janelle · Married on 08/13/2016

Picking vendors for your wedding day in NYC is extremely overwhelming. Am I choosing the right one? Am I getting the best price? I'll make it easy for you, PICK FLEURS DU MOIS AS YOUR FLORIST!!!!
    Jay and Al were my FAVORITE vendors I worked with throughout my wedding planning process. They provided a level of service that was unmatched by anyone else. I met with them to describe my vision and they really listened! I met with other florists who said they couldn't do what I wanted for my budget, who didn't listen to what I was saying, who were incapable of doing anything but their own vision.
    I changed my mind a million times and they were so patient with me. They met me at my office to get rhinestones for the bouquets so I didn't have to make an extra stop to their office. They sent me pictures of the flowers as they were delivered the day before my wedding and it was so exciting to see!
    They even sent me a thank you note afterwards thanking me for being a part of my special day. I love them!

Sent on 08/27/2016

ashley · Married on 04/23/2016

Al and Jay out did thereselves for my wedding this past weekend at the Ritz NYC. Jay responded within minutes of anything I needed and Al made our dream come alive. He is so creative. We didn't know much about centerpeices of flowers in general. We had so many compliments on our flowers. Al & Jay we can't thank you enough for making our big day amazing. I highly reccomend hands down!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Alexandra · Married on 02/21/2015

I spoke with Al and arranged everything on the phone. I sent him some pictures with the bouquet I was envisioning, but he ended up making it even more beautiful that what I was hoping. I called him two days before the wedding to ask if he had some flowers to decorate the cake. He said he would take care of it and did it all by himself on the day of! Al is a great person, he is responsive and very understanding! It was a pleasure to do business with him and I will keep his contact for future events.

Sent on 02/22/2015

Phyllis · Married on 07/26/2014

Fleursdumois is absolutely amazing!!!
    Al takes the time to listen to your words while having the uncanny ability to look into your heart. He turns your dreams of your 'big day' into a beautiful reality.
    The colors are vibrant, the flowers are fresh & the combinations of his creations are breathtaking & unique.
    Our guests at my daughter's wedding were in total awe of the beauty he created.
    Al takes 'flowers as a centerpiece' to a whole new level by designing 'floral masterpieces'.
    If you are looking for flowers for a special occasion, look no further; Fleursdumois will not disappoint you!!!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Angela · event on: 07/05/2014

I was provided with an amazing selection of flower arrangements and some great ideas about decoration. The end result was a dream come true to me! The quality of service, the professionalism and responsiveness I received makes not want to look for any other place. I'll always look for them for any other event that I plan in the future.

Sent on 07/18/2014