Flavor Catering & Special Occasions Reviews

Rating 5.0 out of 5, 20 Reviews
View more information

Kyra Getting married on 05/01/2023

Great experience

Flavor Catering was so great to work with for my wedding. Dinner was delicious, and the presentation of the food and the professionalism of the wait staff was on point!
  • User2518034 Recently married
    Exactly as described and food was even better than we tasted in the tasting meeting. We used Flavor for our daughter's wedding and have continued to receive compliments; the food was amazing! Froze left-overs and they were still outstanding 3-4 weeks after the event. Display was beautiful; everything was on time; flow of guests to the stations was easy with no back up lines. Staff helped with clean-up and served the cake without extra fees. Flavor provided bar services and did a wonderful job serving our champagne toast to our guests as they entered the venue. Would hire again and again! Selected from Houston Station Preferred Provider Listing.
  • Allison
    Allison A. Married on 05/16/2021

Amazing food and wonderful experience!

Flavor Catering was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! We are still getting comments about how delicious the food was! The menu options seem endless and Maryanna at Flavor was so wonderful with helping us narrow down our tasting menu. Then we were blown away by the tasting experience so it was a no-brainer to book this caterer. In addition to providing amazing food, Flavor was very willing to work with us on customizing everything to our liking, from the hor d'oeuvres to the amount of dressing on the plated salads. Their staff was incredibly professional and took very good care of our wedding guests. Highly recommend this company for any Nashville area event needing delicious food and excellent service!
    Jocelyn Married on 06/27/2020

Amazing Catering Company

Flavor did a phenomenal job catering our wedding. We worked with them to come up with a custom menu from appetizers, salad, double entrees, and signature cocktails, and everything was exceptional. The food was super flavorful and fresh and all of their servers were very attentive and professional. Our guests were raving about how good the food was and I couldn't be happier that we went with Flavor. The team was very accommodating when we had to change our plans due to COVID, and made it work so that we could still have them cater the event. Mary Nell and her team were very easy to work with and super responsive. I highly recommend hiring Flavor for your next event - your taste buds will thank you!
    Emily W. Married on 04/11/2020

Excellent & Professional Wedding Caterer

While we weren't able to follow through with our original catering plans with Flavor due to COVID-19, our experience with them was still absolutely phenomenal. Creating a personalized menu with them was such a great experience and the one-on-one tasting was jaw dropping. Their presentation and professionalism was simply one-of-a kind and when it came down to coming up with a plan b, they were on board and willing to have a discussion about next steps. We so appreciate who they are a business and hope to work with them again in the near future.
    Brooke Married on 12/06/2019

Delicious Food and Exceptional Service

Flavor Catering provided us with incredible food for our wedding dinner and cocktail hour. I worked with Mary Nell to figure out what would work best with our budget. She answered numerous emails and spoke with me over the phone to discuss the needs of our guests, while also being respectful of our budget. Our guests raved about the food. Even as a picky eater, I dreamed of this food since our tasting months prior. They also worked with some of our other vendors before, so it took so much stress off our shoulders knowing they were aware of rules and policies already.
    Sofia C. Married on 09/28/2019

Fantastic Food and Stellar Service

We could not be more pleased with our choice of Flavor Catering for our wedding. Every one of our guests RAVED about the food all night. Each dish is thoughtfully curated and tastes even better than it looks! Their servers and bar staff were also very friendly and pleasant to work with. I highly, highly recommend Flavor for your next event!
  • Beth
    Beth Married on 12/29/2018

Everyone is talking about the food!

Flavor catered our wedding and the food is one of the things about our big day that EVERYONE is still talking about! The shrimp and grits appetizers, the roasted airline chicken, spring mix salad, and the white cheddar Mac n cheese were the favorites. The staff was so friendly and helpful. We had two buffet lines, two bars and a drink station and it worked out perfect for our 250 guests. Seriously everywhere we go people tell us how great the food was so I am so happy that we chose Flavor!!
    Janice Married on 05/13/2017
    Fabulous caterer. Excellent, beautiful food. Caterer arrived at venue and absolutely took over. Whenever a question arose, the caterer captain would quietly, calmly explain situation and suggest a solution. Will definitely use them whenever I need a high quality caterer
    Mary Married on 06/10/2016
    We used Flavor Catering for our son's rehearsal dinner. I cannot say enough good things about them. They were a pleasure to work with, were so helpful in picking a menu, their service was superb and most importantly their food was FANTASTIC!!! Our guests still talk about how good the food was at our rehearsal dinner. You cannot go wrong using Flavor Catering!
    Carly Married on 10/17/2015
    The one thing my husband and I absolutely had to have for our wedding was GOOD FOOD! We have both been to so many weddings where to food was at most subpar. We got to go taste all of our choices and make sure we liked them. They really catered to our personal taste and preference. Everyone at our wedding (including us) raved about the food. I can honestly say if I could go back and do everything over I would still use Flavor!
  • User2101937 2+ years ago
    I highly recommend Flavor. They were flexible, prompt, and helpful during the wedding process. Our guests raved about the food and the wedding food was identical to our earlier tasting. Book this vendor if you want incredible food on your special day.
  • User2060104 2+ years ago
    Our food was spectacular. We eventually chose to go with a very simple menu, but even then the guests could not stop complimenting everything we had. I was only disappointed that my dress was so tight and I couldn't eat more! Ha! Natalie was so kind a patient for working with us through the many, many changes we made to our menu and coordinating with our budget. I would recommend them to everyone!
    Donna Married on 11/10/2013
    The food was terrific! Jason and the staff at Flavor were wonderful from the beginning. We are all "foodies", who love to cook and love to eat. The food at the wedding was terrific and our friends and family all raved about it. We had shrimp and grits and great gumbo. I still dream about the vanilla flavored roasted sweet potatoes and the green beans and pork tenderloin. Yummy corn muffins. The dessert shooters were elegant little bites of heaven! Flavor al so helped us with the wedding signature drinks and getting the alcohol to the venue and in arranging bartenders. The food was prepared and put out in a timely manner and everything was very well prepared. The great food helped us make this a great event!
    Megan Married on 11/02/2013
    Loved not only the food provided by Flavor, but also the service. My wedding planner suggested that we use them and I couldn't be happier with our decision! I first met with Jody and informed him of a recent health diagnosis that restricted my diet a little bit. The night of the wedding, he had a plate prepared for my groom and I. I immediately knew which plate was mine because it was missing the foods that I unfortunately wasn't able to eat. I didn't even tell him specifically what I couldn't eat, he just knew, and most importantly remembered from our first meeting. Such a nice gesture and I would definitely recommend them to all of my friends.
    Sarah Married on 10/12/2013
    Food was one of the most important aspects of our wedding. We wanted plated meals for all 240 of our guests (with three different meal options and accommodations for guests with various dietary restrictions), desserts, and late night snacks. Needless to say, we had our work cut out for us in selecting a caterer!

We chose to work with Flavor because of their extensive knowledge of world cuisine and their exemplary customer service. They were the only caterer we met who could accurately replicate Persian flavor profiles and properly cook Basmati rice. They also responded instantly to any questions I had and let us customize every aspect of the menu until we were happy with it.

The day of our wedding, Flavor worked like clockwork. Every menu item was prepared exactly as it was for our tasting (delicious!), service was fast, and they were quick to handle meals for unexpected guests. They even packed up food for my groom and I to take back to our hotel at the end of the night (a much appreciated gesture since we were starving by that time!). We couldn't have asked for a more thoughtful, courteous, and talented catering team than Jason, Jody, Jesse and their staff!
  • Courtney
    Courtney Married on 10/05/2013
    Jason and his team at Flavor are hands down the best caterers in the business. My husband and I chose Flavor to cater our wedding. Jason and Jody worked with us to create a delicious menu that pleased both our taste and my dad's picky pallet and thrifty wallet, which is near impossible to do! Good food is hard to come by, but exceptional service is even more difficult to find. The minute we met with Flavor, we were confident that everything would go smoothly. Jason was so calm and so patient with our many questions, walking through every detail with us. Jesse and the rest of the team were incredible that night. They went above and beyond in every way possible; our guests and family never wanted for anything. Everyone came up to us and told us it was the best food and service they had ever had a wedding. Seriously, don't even look anywhere else... They are the best!

Thank you Jason, Jody, Jesse and everyone at Flavor for making our wedding everything we could have dreamed of and more!
  • User1103133 2+ years ago
    Many guests said the food from Jason and his team was the best they had every had at a wedding reception. Service was impeccable, polite. Very responsive to any question, every step of the way.
    Betty Event on: 05/13/2017
    AMAZING...excellent food, and presentation was perfect, we had plenty of food and everyone
    commented on taste. I would recommend Jason and Flavors to anyone.
    Brenda Married on 02/08/2014
    Food was fantastic and menu was perfect for our wedding! Our guests raved about the food!