Flair Boston Reviews

58 Reviews for Flair Boston

1 User photo

Flair Boston 1

Katie · Married on 09/22/2018

Flair was awesome in helping me choose and purchase my wedding dress. I had shopped at BHLDN previously and had an idea of the styles I liked, and based on these the Flair staff helped me identify other styles to try that they carried. When I narrowed it down to two, they helped me think about what I liked about each one and ultimately I made my decision with their feedback in mind. The style I chose was a little more form fitting than I'm used to, and I had some insecurities about this, but they helped talk me through how the alterations would work with the style and my body and shared the experience of other brides with me. I don't live in Boston, but the Flair staff gave me recommendations of where to get the alterations done in my area. The finished product was awesome. I loved my dress and felt great in it, and I am enormously grateful to Flair for helping me choose my dress!

Andrea · Married on 09/15/2018

First, let me say, I didn't actually buy my dress there (I really liked one particular dress but ended up finding another I LOVED at a different boutique). That being said, I loved Flair so much, and thought my consultant, Madison, was so awesome, I felt the need to write a review.
    My first experience with Flair was booking my appointment: I did so online, expecting nothing more than a confirmation email. Instead, I got a call from someone at the shop confirming my appointment and asking about my likes/dislikes, what I was looking for, budget, etc.... I was so impressed! Then, they followed up with a quick online survey where you could describe things you liked/disliked for your bridal look for their file. SO useful.
    Flair is located right on Newbury and is a small boutique with so much charm. We arrived about 15 minutes early and Madison was able to take us right away. She confirmed what I had noted in my survey/during my initial call and then started pulling dresses for me. I tried on a few and then went and looked through the racks with her. While their selection was great, I realized that they didn't have quite what I was looking for. That being said, they KILLED IT on price point: I believe their highest-priced dress is $4,000, which means that you have a ton of reasonably-priced options (especially given other boutiques in the area), from numerous designers, to choose from. They also have a great selection of bridesmaids dresses (I was finally able to see a specific color in person that numerous other shops didn't have), and their accessories were gorgeous.
    At the end of my appointment, Madison wrote down the dress, veil and earrings I liked the most on a card. She then followed up with a personal email (not an automated one!), thanking me for coming in with my brother and offering to set up a follow-up appointment with my mom and grandma, if I wanted to come back and look at the dress.
    I highly recommend Flair; Madison in particular!

Stacie · Married on 06/16/2018

I had a wonderful experience with Flair Boston. My initial appointment myself and those who accompanied me were the only ones in the store. You really get a great one on one experience. I worked with Zoe and she was so helpful. They have a beautiful variety of dresses for any preference. The first dress I tried on actually ended up being the "one". They were very accommodating along the way as well. I highly recommend Flair Boston!

Flair Boston 2

Nicole · Married on 04/14/2018

The ONLY place to go in Boston for your wedding dress!

DArcy · Married on 02/03/2018

Absolutely fabulous! This boutique shop has beautiful dresses from a variety of designers, but it is the staff that sets it apart. Stacey assisted my daughter every step of the way from helping her decide between 2 gorgeous dresses to getting the dress delivered not on time BUT early! We also found her veil with their help. If you want excellent and personal service you will not be disappointed.
    D'Arcy G.

Meredith · Married on 06/17/2017

Stacey is the best and helped me to find my dream dress! I had been to a few other salons, but hadn't found anything I loved. Flair has great variety and dresses in all price ranges. Stacey listened to me and found a dress that was everything I had been looking for. Being indecisive, I still wasn't ready to pull the trigger but she pushed me in just the way I needed to realize that this was my dress. I just got married last month and couldn't have been happier a year later with the dress we picked. Stacey is laid-back, super cool and just tons of fun! Flair is the place to go!

Flair was the first place I went to in search of my wedding gown. Lauren helped me during my appointment and I cant say enough about the amazing attention to detail and thoughtfullness she provided. She responded to all my emails before and after my appointment quickly . The appointment was only 1 hour but she was so organized and pre-selected dressess that she thought would work. I fell in love with the second dress I tried on and purchased it that day!! I am going back there to look at dressess for my bridesmaids. Couldn't give Flair and Lauren enough praise they were awesome!!!

Cara · Married on 11/25/2016

I shopped at about 5-6 places when I was looking for my wedding dress. My last stop was at Flair and I could not have been happier with the experience. Nevermind the fact that I found my dress there, my consultant was so friendly and helpful, but she was not pushy at all. She listened to what I thought I wanted and pulled a few things I may not have looked at otherwise. After a little while, the owner came over, who I had spoken to when I booked my appointment. She had pulled a dress based on what I told her over the phone. That was the dress I bought! The customer service was great from start to finish!

Katie · Married on 10/22/2016

Flair is an adorable shop, I knew as soon as I walked in that I wanted to buy my dress there! The consultants are helpful and friendly, and I really enjoyed being the only client in the store.

Jennifer · Married on 06/24/2016

Amazing experience at Flair!!! I was completely overwhelmed at the thought of wedding dress shopping. Before my first appointment, I spoke with the owner, Stacey, and I described the simple and chic look I was going for. Sure enough, she suggested a dress that is my version of perfection. Amy Kuschel's "Lennon" dress was the first dress I tried on and was eventually the one I ended up buying. However, I happen to be extremely indecisive so the thought of buying the first dress I tried on made me super anxious. Stacey must have pulled 10 other dresses for me to try on, maybe more. I wasn't able to pull the trigger and had to come back for another appointment where she kindly pulled a few more dresses for me to try on before finally saying yes to the dress. She was so patient and truly cared about me being completely satisfied with my purchase. She even had one of her designers customize a beautiful belt for me to wear for my reception and I was also able to purchase my veil here, as well as my sister's beautiful Jenny Yoo bridesmaid dress. I could not have be happier with my experience here. They offer an incredible selection and the Flair team makes this intimate, personal, and FUN!!!

Christine · Married on 10/31/2015

I found Flair as a result of hunting for a specific dress I had seen online. I assumed my online search had turned up the dress I would wear, and simply looked around for a bridal shop that carried it. I went into Flair with my mother and a friend one night after work and met with Jaime. I told her the dress I was looking for, assumed that would be the one I’d purchase, and I’d be on my way. I tried it on and thought it was “fine”. I didn’t know how it was supposed to feel when I found “the dress”, and when I mentioned settling on the one I thought was “fine”, she encouraged me to sleep on it because she could tell I didn’t really love it. Instead of taking an easy sale and having a bride who was less than thrilled with her gown, Jaime was patient, attentive, thoughtful, and never ever pushy. I went home, decided the dress wasn’t for me, and eventually scheduled another appointment. On my second visit, Jaime was patient and forgiving as I tried on a multitude of different styles before finding the one I truly loved. I never had second thoughts, never a single regret about the dress I chose. At each appointment, my Flair consultant made me feel like I was her only client (even though I knew that was far from true). She answered every email with what seemed like was a smile on the other end of the keyboard, and I never felt like a nuisance with all of my questions. Flair pointed me in the direction of an amazing tailor (All Fit Tailoring), and to top it off they brought my accessories over there for me when I couldn’t make the trip myself. It doesn’t get much better than that. For me, the idea of wedding dress shopping sounded as much fun as bikini shopping, but the team at Flair made it anything but. Working with them was a true pleasure, and I was able to choose a dress that fit my style, body type, personality, and wedding. I felt beautiful on my wedding day, and most importantly, I felt like myself.

Taylor · Married on 09/12/2015

The team at Flair is outstanding!

Their location on Newbury Street is welcoming and gorgeous. Owner, Stacey, and her team treated me like royalty from the first appointment. Their kindness, patience and passion to help me find the right dress was priceless. My dress is just PERFECT (I'm slightly obsessed with it)!

If you're looking to find an A- Team of vendors... FLAIR should be at the top of the list.

• User4200096 · 2+ years ago

I had a wonderful experience at Flair. The women at the store were super supportive and friendly. I found my dream dress at Flair and they seemed just as excited as I was. The dresses are very affordable and the boutique is low key and the opposite of the other stuffy bridal salons I visited. Flair also came to my rescue when a week before my wedding, I realized my veil was the wrong color (I had gotten it from Etsy). They squeezed me in, found my the perfect veil and made sure it got to me in time. I could not be happier with my experience.

Cait · Married on 07/21/2015

I don't even know how to describe how wonderful it was to shop for my dress at Flair with Stacey Kraft. As soon as we walked in, I knew that this was the salon where I'd find my dress. The selection is small, but no dress is the same. When you go somewhere like David's Bridal, you tend to see what looks like the same dress over and over again. It makes the inventory look large, but there's actually not much there. Flair is the opposite. Each dress is hand-selected by the staff for its unique qualities, and no two are anything alike! You WILL find your dress here, I promise!

Stacey was fantastic. From the first words I spoke, she remembered everything about me, and our email correspondances have always been more like I'm talking to a professional friend. She never has to be reminded of anything, and she must have a hundred brides! It's wonderful that she makes you feel like you're the only one she's helping. Stacey listened to everything that I said I wanted, and the first dress that she pulled was the one that I wound up choosing. It was a one-of-a-kind design by a small company called Blue Thread Bridal, and I immediately loved it. I took a night to sleep on it and came back two days later to buy it. Stacey fit my circumstances easily. She managed to get a gorgeous dress fitted and sewn perfectly with her bride living in London! (I was in my Master's program). I can't recommend Flair enough. Brides everywhere (not just Boston), if you're tired of expensive and unoriginal dresses, go see Stacey at Flair!

Elizabeth · Married on 07/18/2015

This was the first shop I went to on a day of dress shopping. After the full day of shopping last fall (during which I was totally overwhelmed by my mom and bridesmaids) I knew I would go back to Flair. Stacey was a delight to work with, I loved the style of dresses they stocked, and for me, the smaller selection made it much less overwhelming. It was easy to schedule a second trip - I tried on a dress I liked during the first go round, but wasn't sure about it. Stacey was then kind enough to pull a few more dresses and in it was the one. It wasn't at all what I thought I would end up with, but I loved it and felt so beautiful on my wedding day! =) I'm so happy she found it.

Bonus, I was nervous about going to Newbury St for a dress, but the store is stocked with reasonably priced dresses! (I think they top out ~$3K)

Nhu · Married on 06/27/2015

I got my wedding dress at Flair. They're one of the few vendors that carries Tara Keely by Lazaro. I tried on my dress, loved it, and bought it within 30 minutes. I even got a discount as there was a trunk show that weekend. Stacey assisted me with my purchase and she is great. The other individuals in the store are also great, happy, and helpful. They are very communicative which is also wonderful. I did ask to order a size down a day after Stacey placed the order, which I know you can't do. I wish I had gone with my gut and ordered a size down as I did end up spending a heft number on alterations/taking the dress in which could have been avoided if I went with my gut feeling. But, better safe than sorry with these things and in the end, the dress looked great and I received great service.

Alison · Married on 05/02/2015

I had such a wonderful experience at Flair! Stacey is fantastic and was incredibly helpful. I really had no idea what style of dress I was looking for but she picked out a bunch for me to try on and I narrowed it down from there.

I could not have been happier with my dress and only wish that I could wear it again!

I would definitely recommend Flair for your wedding dress!

I checked out several bridal salons before eventually coming across Flair and the experience I had at Flair doesn't even compare to the others. From my first appointment onward, it was amazing. I worked with Jaime the whole time and she was unbelievable!! I can't emphasize enough how incredibly kind, patient and helpful she was... not only during my appointments but for follow-up calls and emails regarding my dress as well as the bridesmaid dresses. The dresses at Flair are gorgeous, making it hard to pick just one! Jaime helped me really find the look I was going for and I can't thank her enough for that. If you are in the market for a dress or dresses for your bridesmaids, definitely checkout Flair!

Sabrina · Married on 05/03/2014

I purchased my bridal gown and my sister her maid gown at Flair, and we were very happy with our experience. Flair offers high-quality, designer gowns at reasonable prices. I wore a classic Nicole Miller gown and paired it with a beautiful sash from another one of Flair's designers, A.B. Ellie. Everyone raved about how chic and elegant my attire was. Stacey Kraft did a wonderful job helping me dress for the occasion. She has great taste and even greater patience! I was so particular, especially when it came to the sash -- I mean, there are so many beautiful choices! -- and she guided me every step of the way. My sister is a bit conservative, and the Dessy gown we liked for her was one-sleeved. Stacey suggested adding a sleeve to the other side, and it worked out really nicely.

Stacey's guidance coupled with an extensive variety of beautiful, reasonably-priced bridal and maid gowns would have me recommending Flair to anyone!

The only drawback here is the fact that they do not have an in-house tailor. Stacey recommended the company that took care of her own gown (Newbury Tailoring Company) -- which I used, and was disappointed with. It may have been the fact that they recently expanded, but I felt the number of different people working on my gown, coupled with their lack of attention to detail during the finishing process led to a lot of stress. However, I'll leave that to a separate review.

On a positive note, I called Stacey and she did help get me through those frustrations. I wouldn't use that tailor again, but I'm glad she was there to guide me through getting the job finished.

Laura · Married on 09/21/2013

Stacey, Jaime, Lindsay, and the rest of the girls at Flair are absolutely the best. If you live in the Boston area, you must come to Flair to look at bridal and bridesmaid dresses! They have the most stunning line of bridal gowns, all with affordable prices ($3000 or less!). Their dresses are elegant, timeless, and fun. They also have such an awesome selection of bridesmaid dresses - any color, style, or length that you could imagine! I've even used them just to purchase special occasion dresses since their selection is so great! It's also such a fun place to shop - their new location on Newbury St is so beautiful and trendy - you will love just being inside the store!

I purchased my wedding dress from Flair and had such a wonderful experience from the start. The girls helped me try on dresses that they thought I'd like and would fit the style of my wedding well, and I fell in love with a stunning lace Amy Kuschel dress (an extremely talented designer from San Francisco - Flair is the only store in the area with her designs!), and the girls at Flair made sure that it was everything I wanted it to be. They helped me custom order buttons on the back of the dress, and ordered the perfect size. It only needed minimal alterations. I felt absolutely gorgeous in my dress, and am so thankful to the girls at Flair for helping me find it. I can't even begin to say how many people told me that it was the most beautiful wedding dress that they have ever seen, and that they had never seen a wedding dress fit more perfectly than my dress!

Thanks Stacey, Lindsay, and Jaime for helping me find the dress of my dreams! You made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day.

If you're engaged, head to Flair as quickly as you can to find the perfect dress for you and your maids!

Rochelle · Married on 08/17/2013

The girls at flair are awesome! I got my gown and bridesmaid dresses there. Lindsay was so sweet and helpful throughout the process! I keep telling my girl friends to go there! If you want the best of the best go see Lindsay at Flair!!

Erika · Married on 06/29/2013

I bought my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses at Flair. After searching a few different types of bridal shops (small boutique, large warehouse, upscale designer), I had an idea of what I wanted but hadn't found anything in my price range that I was excited about. When I put on my dress, I immediately knew!! Lindsay was incredibly helpful in looking at a few ways to alter the dress to make it "my own". Not only was this "THE DRESS", but it was also comfortably below our budget for the dress - whew! I ordered my dress, belt and veil from Flair!

I also loved that while perusing the bridal selection, I could also find bridesmaid dresses! Lindsay helped me pick out a few options that worked well within my color scheme and idea for style. We had the girls in and got it down to two dresses. In order to decide, I was able to put on my dress and stand next to both styles -- we immediately knew! Being able to do this was such a great help!! I knew that I wouldn't have "buyers remorse", since I saw everything together from the start.

Our gowns were:
    Nicole Miller, EO0009
    Siri, Lotus in Iris

Stacey at Flair is the BEST! She's so fun and easy to work with, making you and your bridesmaids feel great.

I purchased both my wedding dress and my bridesmaid dresses from here (all Jenny Yoo) and I can't say enough good things about the experience. Far and away the best bridal shop I've ever been to!

Diana · Married on 04/13/2013

Lindsay was awesome!! I needed a dress for a destination wedding and with her help found what I was looking for. Excellent service!!

Erin · Married on 10/06/2012

After going to all the fancy runway shops for bridal gowns, i gave up on looking for my dress and went to flair in hopes to find my bridesmaids dresses. Well i found my dress!!! They have the most simple and stunning bridal gowns. The appointment was extrememly personal and helpful. Stacey was fantastic!!! Flair worked with me all the way in Buffalo, NY. They sent the dress and belt to me and even suggested possible tailors in Buffalo! I was so happy i bought my bridal gown from such a cute Boston store! :) Check them out, you may be delightfully surprised!!!