29 Reviews for Fitzgerald's Fine Catering Since 1948

Vegan (1)
Vegetarian (1)
House Beer (1)
29 Fitzgerald's Fine Catering Since 1948 Reviews

Nick and his staff were amazing! He is extremely accessible and responsive which really helps ease the stress that wedding planning can bring. He created a delicious menu and was so helpful throughout the process.

Profile Picture erin, 7/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Nicholas and his team were awesome, from the tasting, to all of the communication, to our actual wedding reception. The food was excellent- all our guests said so (including close family who have no reason to lie), so if you want great food, there you go. Nicholas was always very responsive to my emails throughout the year and especially the week before. They often service our venue (Lighhouse point park carousel), so they knew it like the back of their hand. Darcy specifically, was so helpful and set up our place card & gift tables beautifully. I wouldn't have done it so well and she knew exactly what everything was supposed to be without me growing through it all. The staff was very calm, polite, and attentive. I was having a hard time breaking away from guests to get a bite to eat, and I asked a server to come find me with appetizers, and he was so helpful in doing so! We didn't have a photographer, so the staff also helped use our camera to take pictures, which was huge. They functioned like clock-work and always had a smile on their faces. Can't say enough good things about this catering company- they really made the party!

Profile Picture Janine, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Words can't describe how AMAZING Nick and his crew were for our wedding last weekend. The night was absolutely unforgettable and I give most of the props to Nick and his crew. From the very start of wedding planning Nick had made all the planning stressfree and fun! He's understanding and REAL. He's quick to answer emails and texts. Meeting up with me for every ridiculously stupid question I had. If your planning your event at penfield pavilion Nick is a MUST. He's knows the Pavilion inside and out. Our wedding guest can take stop telling us how great the food was and how amazingly professional his staff was. PLEASE don't overlook Fitzgerald Catering. We can not wait to book another event with them in the future. Nick you rock!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/30/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Italian, Local, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Vegan, Clean Up, Set Up

Nick at Fitzgeralds Fine Catering was absolutely amazing from the very first contact all the way to the end of our wedding reception at Lighthouse Point Park. We would highly recommend him and his team! He was always quick to respond to emails and we were able to come in and sample the food at a time that was convenient for us. We absolutely loved everything! Nick made it easy to pay for our deposit.
Over the months of wedding planning, Nick was quick to answer any random question we had related to requests from our other vendors and timeline planning.
During the last week before the wedding Nick confirmed our final count and color choices. Nick and his team definitely know what they are doing at this venue! No wonder they came so highly recommended. LHPP has tables and chairs. His team brings everything else we needed for our reception, linens, china, glassware, flatware, and buffet set-up. My bridesmaids and I had boxed up and labeled all of the centerpieces, decorations, escort cards, etc and included pictures and directions for the set-up. His team did an excellent job setting everything up for us and it looked a million times better than I had imagined it.
His team was amazing and courteous, checking in with my husband and myself to check when we wanted key things to happen, like cutting the cake. They had a pitcher of ice water at our sweetheart table, which helped us remember to drink. They boxed up leftover food at the end of the night and our wedding party took some back to the hotel while our parents took the rest. They had containers for any of our leftover cupcakes, too.
The food was AMAZING. Everyone was talking about it. We ate the leftovers for lunch and dinner for days after. The bartenders did an excellent job with drinks; they remembered what our guests had ordered when they returned to the bar.
If you are looking for a caterer that is both excellent and a one-stop shop, especially for a blank canvas-type venue, this is definitely the one!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/7/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Vegetarian, Buffet, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s)

Nick and all of the staff at Fitzgerald's were amazing to work with! The food and service were amazing at our wedding! Nick is incredibly flexible and was able to accomodate all of our needs. He was able to give us an amazing meal that fit within out budget.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/17/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Italian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s)

Amazing catering service. They have wedding catering down to a science. Excellent professional and hardworking staff. I highly reccomend Fitzgerald's to any bride who wants their guests served a delicious meal with perfect service!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Nick was such a pleasure to work with for our August 2016 wedding. We had a tight budget, and Nick helped us stay within it with his dish suggestions and practical advice. We loved our tasting and getting to know Nick, who helped keep the pressure off and made the process more fun. Everything was so easy to plan with Nick, as he also coordinates linens and china, and everything looked impeccable day of. Guests also raved about the food – we did a buffet with salmon and brisket and other delicious sides. (I just wish I’d been able to eat more myself!) Nick was also so helpful and valuable far beyond the food; he had worked at our venue before and knew all the ins and outs, which helped with both planning and coordination of our other vendors for a truly flawless reception. Thank you!

Profile Picture Rachel, 8/21/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our July 22 wedding was catered by Nick and his team at Fitzgeralds Fine Catering. I met with many different catering services before deciding on Fitzgeralds. The menu options are endless, he communications were immediate and the flow of service was impeccable. All the guests raved about the entrees and loved the strawberry shortcake & cookie bar. Nick was an amazing contribution to our lighthouse point wedding and it wouldn't have been the same if we had chosen otherwise.

Profile Picture Joseph, 7/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, American, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

My wife and I are newlyweds as we recently got married during MDW at Light House Point in New haven, CT. We choose Fitzgerald's Fine Catering because of their reviews, reputation and their willingness to make sure our day would be most special. The food at the wedding was incredible. The guests were talking about how good the food was for days after the event. It was that good. Our cocktail hour started a little early and lasted longer than expected but, they were ready. The wait staff kept bringing out Hors d'oeuvres until it was time for the guests to be seated. Dinner was amazing. Fitzgerald's Fine Catering Chicken Marsala might have been the best I have ever had. We chose to go with a buffet so our guests could try a bit of everything and it was spectacular. All the dishes and sides were outstanding.
Fitzgerald's Fine Catering realizes that the Bride and Groom are extremely busy. They make this one part of the day seamless. We ordered special chairs for our guests that came individually wrapped. Their wait staff came early to set them up. We had hired a decorator (www.morethanamomenteventdesign.com) and she wanted to set up the tables early. Originally, Fitzgerald's Fine Catering was going to set up the tables and instead of us having to go and pick up the table clothes and bring them to the decorator. He shipped them to her at no additional cost for us. We were able to drop decorations off before the wedding so we did not have to worry about them on the wedding day. After the wedding was over, they took stuff back to their facility and we picked them up days later. Fitzgerald's Fine Catering makes that special day all about you and you will not have to sweat the small stuff.

Profile Picture Chelsey, 5/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar

My fiancé and I found Nick online and he responded almost immediately. I am very happy with our choice in booking him. From our tasting to the day of the wedding Nick made sure that I (the bride) was extremely comfortable and at ease. We were able to be creative with our menu which was a fun and easy process. Our wedding was perfect and our food was absolutely delicious, we are still getting compliments! I highly recommend this vendor.

Profile Picture Andrea, 11/21/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

From the start of the process, Nick was so easy and pleasant to work with. When we went in for our tasting, we were blown away with the quality of the food and service for the pricing. We had wanted a "harvest-style" menu, and he had incorporated so many ideas that we loved! Nick was also very helpful in giving us advice on tables & tenting arrangements. His staff was so friendly and we got many compliments on the quality of the food!

Profile Picture Stacey, 10/17/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, American, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine

We worked with Nicholas and his team for catering at our outdoor wedding at Preston Ridge Vineyard in Connecticut. His team had never worked at that particular venue, so we arranged a meeting at the vineyard so Nicholas could physically see the space and meet us and the vineyard owner in person. We were so impressed with his professional, yet laid back attitude. We were planning our wedding from out of state, and Nicholas was very flexible and easy to work with via email and phone call. The end product was absolutely phenomenal. All of our wedding guests raved about the food and the friendly servers, and the vineyard owner said Nicholas and his team were fabulous to work with from their perspective, too. We were thrilled with everything that Fitzgerald's Fine Catering provided us and would recommend their services to anyone!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/6/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), American, Mediterranean, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor

Nicholas catered our AMAZING wedding at Lighthouse Point Park this past October. We interviewed a few caterers before choosing Nicholas and Fitzgerald's. He was down-to-earth, honest, and genuinely cared about making our event special. We felt like he wanted to get to know us, rather than feeling like "just another couple," as we felt at some other caterers. We knew we wanted something a little bit different and non-traditional to complement the venue, and he helped us create a boardwalk-themed menu that our guests raved about! With Nicholas' help, we were able to customize everything on our menu, even down to the cute containers he used to serve the dishes! We also loved that his staff could serve the liquor we purchased from another vendor, allowing us to serve the types of liquor we like best. We really got EXACTLY what we wanted at very reasonable prices. Without Nicholas and his staff, our wedding would not have been possible. We are eternally grateful and would highly recommend Fitzgerald's!

Profile Picture Laura, 10/12/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

soooo yummy! Nick did our outdoor wedding last month in Groton Long Point and we are still eating leftovers! delicious food, we had the most amazing bacon wrapped scallops, shrimp cocktail, steak, yummy asparagus and lots of others! He was sharp, replying immediately to any concerns, easy going and sweet to all my crazy bridal questions. The service was spectacular, the bartender made excellent drinks and food was amazing. They packed up all the leftovers (and there were lots!!!) for us and cleaned everything up so well! Amazing, professional service and yummy!

Profile Picture diana, 6/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Seriously brides- GO WITH FITZGERALD'S! You will be so, so glad you did. Nick was unbelievably kind, helpful, responsive, and fun to work with. He answered every silly question I had and addressed every concern. Fitzgerald's allowed us to plan our own menu and have it served on our schedule. Our guests, many of whom had admitted to being worried about a "cocktail reception," raved about the quality and quantity of the food. Nick made it all run seamlessly. I honestly felt so lucky to have found a caterer that listened to what we wanted and really seemed to care about our wedding and enjoyment. I cannot recommend Fitzgerald's highly enough!!!!

Profile Picture Jillian, 8/2/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Food was amazing!!! Everyone loved everything they had. Grilled chicken with mango was a huge success! Staff was so nice and attentive!!! We were married at lighthouse in New Haven, CT where there is no kitchen on site. They did such a good job, no one even noticed that everything was cooked right on site! Great job, would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Christen, 6/1/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

This guy has it figured out. Everything promised and more was delivered with fantastic service and beautiful presentation. I couldn't imagine it being better in any way. On top of it, Nicholas was the least expensive full service caterer we interviewed. He includes all the stuff in one package. Other caterers gave us a price and then started adding on rentals and service fees which more than doubled the price! One even said if we didn't buy the booze from them, they were going to charge us per drink poured plus an uncorking fee for bottles on the table. I am so glad we ran from them. My Mom and Dad are glad to. Delicious food, wonderful service and an incredible overall experience. Call Nicholas and you'll guarantee a perfect reception your family will talk about for years to come!

Profile Picture Sara, 7/30/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Dreams can come true! Nicholas and his staff were incredible! The food was amazing! My mom is getting like three calls a day from my guests talking about how great the food was. Nicholas is the perfect caterer to lead you through the process in a very relaxed fashion. He was great from tasting to booking to the end of our night. He makes it easy. Look no further, Fitzgerald's!

Profile Picture Kate, 7/23/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Nicolas Fitzgerald saved my daughter's wedding. Ten days before the event, my ex-friend caterer stated she did not want to do the wedding. A dear friend had Nicolas for her wedding, as had her husband's sister. She contacted Nicholas and
fortunately for me the date was available because of a cancellation. I signed the contract nine days before the event and six days before the event my daughter determined and confirmed the menu.

I have the highest of praise, appreciation, and professionalism reverence for Nicolas Fitzgerald and his catering expertise. He was my "mitzvah man" and wedding savior of 2009. He was able to accomplish a wedding miracle in less than nine days. The event was beautiful, the quality and quantity of food was supreme, and the service was perfect. I am forever grateful for his professional skills and services. Let this wedding tale be forever told to all future mother of the brides to not use "so-called friends as caterers". My story has a very happy ending thanks to this very capable and highly accomplished caterer.

Profile Picture Cindy, 8/22/09, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Nick was incredibly easy to work with, and the food was a great value for the cost. Very flexible with what we wanted for a smaller wedding.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/27/09, 5 Reviews

Everything was great!

Profile Picture Carlton, 6/6/09, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Let me start off by saying that Nick Shoppe is awesome! He was extremely helpful and flexible, and I would recommend him to anyone. The food and service was great! His service is great because he includes the china, silver, glasses, and linens which makes it so much easier when you are having your reception at a place that does not have any of those items. Him and his staff are awesome because they will help set up your tables the way you want them w/ favors, etc. If you ask for it, he will basically do it. (w/ in reason) The best part too is that his packages are very reasonably priced.

Profile Picture Laura, 9/27/08, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our day was rockin'. What started off as a rainy day at the beach ended up being the best party we'd ever been to. Fitzgerald's staff made it happen. The bartenders were great personalities and really kept my college friends entertained. Probably the best lobster I've ever eaten. My mother in-law took me aside at the end to say she approved of my selection in caterers. Big words since I didn't let her have anything to do with the planning for John's BIG day. Fitzgerald's YES!

Profile Picture Maureen, 8/16/08, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Nick and his staff were incredible! They were so calm and organized throughout the whole day that it really helped me relax and enjoy the AMAZING food. The hors d'oeuvres were especially yummy! My sister is still talking about how great everything was and she can't wait until she gets engaged so she can hire these guys for her day.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 7/7/07, 1 Review