First Coast Ceremonies Reviews

First Coast Ceremonies 4
First Coast Ceremonies 5
  • Talia

Talia · Married on 09/28/2019

Everything we've ever wanted came true!

Pastor Bob was absolutely amazing for so many reasons. We met him through online and met him in person multiple times to discuss life, love, relationships, and his background. He really is an awesome human being and so down to earth that it makes the ceremony flow so smoothly. We did pre-martial counseling with him twice before the actual wedding day which I highly recommend. We also received a military discount, which was helpful! He did an amazing job and even attended our wedding shower and rehearsal dinner so our families were close with him before the wedding day. It was perfect. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Victoria Bayne · Married on 08/25/2019

Pastor for my wedding

My husband and I are not originally from Jacksonville, Florida. With that being said, it was a challenge for us to find a pastor available in a short period of time. My wedding was August 25,2019. My coordinator recommended Pastor Hovey. He texted me immediately and set up a time for us to meet. From the very beginning his spirit was jolly, he was professional, and very accommodating. His attitude was always positive from the reception to our wedding day. As a pastor for my wedding his sermon was heart felt and relatable to the variety of personas at the actual ceremony. His price is reasonable and if I could give him a 10 across the board I would! I’d definitely recommend this pastor and we liked him so much that we are planning to visit his church. Great job Pastor Hovey and thank you for your services.

First Coast Ceremonies 6
    First Coast Ceremonies 7
    First Coast Ceremonies 8
    First Coast Ceremonies 9
    Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Laura

Laura Dicus · Married on 08/16/2019

A perfect sunrise wedding on the beach

My husband & I basically eloped; no guests, no reception... just a short, sweet ceremony on the beach at sunrise. All thru the process from the initial communication, Pastor Bob was understanding, flexible, kind, funny, helpful & considerate. I cannot imagine anyone not liking him or being unsatisfied with his service or demeanor.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Ed Bager · Married on 08/02/2019

St. Simons, GA Wedding

Pastor Bob was awesome! He came up to GA for our events and was very flexible, accommodating, personable and fun. He officiated our wedding flawlessly on a Friday night and even took amazing pics!!

The following day he professionally conducted a memorial service for my brother that helped my family through a tough swing of emotions.

Family members and guest said what great wedding service and weekend it was and pastor Bob had a lot to do with that.

First Coast Ceremonies 10
    First Coast Ceremonies 11
    First Coast Ceremonies 12
    First Coast Ceremonies 13
    Sent on 08/20/2019

First Coast Ceremonies's reply:

Thanks Ed, it was truly a privilege to be a part of your family for the weekend - I’ll never forget it!
  • AJ

AJ · Married on 07/06/2019

Pastor Bob is truly the best!

We truly enjoyed Pastor Bob from the moment we met him until the end of our special night! He took the time to get to know us and communicated with us often, which is key during the wedding process. He was very flexible and let us customize our ceremony to make it just how we imagined! On top of everything else he had some great suggestions for the ceremony and helped put us at ease during the rehearsal and lead up to the ceremony. He was very professional and he has a kind heart and big smile! Even our wedding guests loved him!
    We really appreciated Pastor Bob, and more than an officiant, we feel we gained a friend who was there for us on our most special day. We highly recommend First Coast Ceremonies!

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Karissa

Karissa Ann Shatzer · Married on 06/28/2019

You've found the ideal officiant, don't look any further :-)

Pastor Bob is the ideal officiant! It was a delight and privilege to work with him. Pastor Bob made ceremony planning fun and easy, combining his expertise/ideas with our ideas to create the perfect wedding ceremony. Pastor Bob officiated with both heart and humor, making all of us cry and laugh. We also love that he took the time to get to know us and even chatted with our families. We all felt like we have known Pastor Bob for years, which added a pleasantly personal feeling to the wedding. Pastor Bob did such an impeccable job that our guests raved about him for weeks after the wedding. For my husband and I, Pastor Bob delivered the wedding ceremony of our dreams. He’ll even fix your train for you if you don’t have a wedding party! Haha. I highly recommend Pastor Bob/First Coast Ceremonies! I promise you will be thrilled if you choose him!

First Coast Ceremonies 14
    First Coast Ceremonies 19
    First Coast Ceremonies 20
    Sent on 07/15/2019

First Coast Ceremonies's reply:

Joy, pure joy - may our wonderful Lord's richest blessings be yours in your life and family to come!!

Carly · Married on 03/30/2019

Pastor Bob is hands-down the best there is

Pastor Bob is hands down the best! I just got married on 3/30/2019 and couldn't image having anyone else officiate our wedding. We met with Bob in the beginning of January and decided to do the premarital counseling and hire him to officiate our wedding. He came to our house twice for the counseling and it was such a fun and eye opening experience! Nathan and I are very much the type of "opposites attract" and Bob could tell that from only sitting down with us for 5 minutes. He made us both feel comfortable and we played games, he told us his life experiences and how he got to where he is today, we talked about our families, you really got to know Bob as a friend which really helped him with writing the ceremony vows.

Bob sent us a draft of what he had for the vows and had us look it over to see if we liked it and if we wanted to add anything. That was refreshing for us to know he really wanted our input and wanted to make our day perfect for us!

The wedding day couldn't have been better! Pastor Bob was great and the ceremony was comfortable, loving, and quirky (just like us). Everyone loved the message and Pastor Bob also went out of his way to help the wedding coordinator with moving chairs and tables during the reception, which I know she appreciated completely. He also sat with my parents for dinner and they also loved getting to know him!

I can't say enough great things about Pastor Bob and our experience. I feel like I could even call him today and talk to him to ask him questions and he would be there. If your looking for someone to make you laugh, make you feel comfortable, and truly provide a great message Pastor Bob is your guy!

Sent on 04/12/2019

Tammy · Married on 10/28/2017

Pastor Bob was amazing! He is very professional and very accommodating. He made our Beach Wedding a Fairy-tale come true! I highly recommend Pastor Bob! Thank you Pastor Bob for all you did to make our wedding perfect!
    Best,
    Tammy Cerreta! :)

Sent on 10/30/2017

Linda · Married on 10/25/2017

Pastor Bob was truly Amazing!! He went above & beyond in making our wedding ceremony perfect! He took the time to get to know the special things that are so important in our relationship which allowed him to make our wedding vows very personable. Our family & friends loved his excitement as well! Words could not describe our appreciation and love for Pastor Bob!! We thank God for bringing him into life for this special day!!

First Coast Ceremonies 21
    Sent on 10/28/2017

Molly · Married on 10/21/2017

Pastor Bob was fantastic. He was funny, professional and personable. He really made our ceremony amazing, and we loved having him at our rehearsal dinner.

Sent on 11/06/2017
  • KemmyG

Kemberly · Married on 07/29/2017

AMAZING!! Pastor Bob Hovey was a simple joy to be around. My husband and I were in a bind and Pastor Bob saved the day! He made our ceremony so super special and personal. He was more excited than some of our own families! He made sure we were happy and was more than happy to come through on such short notice. All of my family and friends loved him and loved to be around him. Keep it up Pastor Bob! You're doing an excellent job! I would definitely recommend this company to anyone that asks.

Sent on 08/11/2017

Mary · Married on 07/22/2017

Pastor Bob is a very kind and gentle man who takes the time to get to know the couples prior to the ceremony. We would recommend him because of his attention to details and making the ceremony tailored to your needs. We so enjoyed our experience and his participation. Thank you so much! Mary and Glenn

Sent on 08/29/2017

Lisa · Married on 04/25/2017

Pastor Bob was a gem! I can't say enough good things about him. From being very responsive and not having to worry about whether he received my messages to being very organized, professional, insightful and fun to be around, having Pastor Bob as our officiant was stress free and easy. Our ceremony turned out just the way we wanted! I was truly happy with everything! He comes highly recommended from this bride!

Sent on 05/01/2017

Lindsey · Married on 04/22/2017

Pastor Bob did a phenomenal job officiating our wedding! For our first meeting we went to Whit's ice cream and had a blast, and knew he would be perfect for our wedding. All of our guests raved about what a wonderful job he did, and about how funny he was. You can't get anyone better than Pastor Bob!!

Sent on 06/02/2017

Amanda · Married on 03/04/2017

Pastor Bob was the perfect person to do our wedding ceremony! The first time we met him, we liked him, and we booked him right away. He communicated with us throughout the process, was so friendly and always with a smile on his face! He made some suggestions for the ceremony that were perfect, and he was just wonderful. He blended in just the right mix of humor and seriousness, and the ceremony was exactly as we had hoped for. He guided us throughout the rehearsal and ceremony, and any nerves we had were put to rest by his calming presence. We still have people telling us how great our officiant was, and I know that Pastor Bob is someone I won't ever forget. I am forever grateful that we chose him to officiate the best day of our lives, and I highly recommend him!!

Sent on 03/24/2017

Steph · Married on 02/19/2017

Very personable, made our day memorable

Sent on 03/26/2017

Lauren · Married on 02/19/2017

Pastor Bob was great! We met with him before our wedding to chat and make sure he was a good fit for us. He helped us write our ceremony (which we had NO clue how to do!) and we also did pre-marital counseling with him. He was awesome at both our rehearsal and our ceremony - we definitely recommend him!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Katheryn · Married on 02/18/2017

We absolutely LOVE Pastor Bob!
    My husband and most of his family is Buddhist, so leading up to the wedding, some of our guests were a little surprised that we were having a Pastor officiate, but Pastor Bob was extremely flexible in making our ceremony as religious or not religious as we wanted. When it came time to select a ceremony, he gave us two drafts and told us to feel free to add/remove/change or keep as needed. Little did he know, I had actually written my own ceremony and nervously sent it over to him to review, and he welcomed it with open arms. He was super accommodating when it came to rehearsal, and on the day of, even when there noise from a passing train and later an airplane, he was able to improv and made a couple of jokes that made it a lot less awkward and put us back at ease.
    We are so glad that we chose Pastor Bob to be a part of our special day. He made our ceremony meaningful and special, and working with him was like working with a good friend as opposed to a "vendor." We HIGHLY recommend him.. I promise you won't regret it!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Brenda · Married on 02/12/2017

A mom of the bride review - Pastor Bob performed our daughter's wedding in February. He included everything the bride & groom wanted and his personality lends itself to putting everyone at ease. He is professional, punctual, very comfortable in his role and friendly. Our family had no regrets in using First Coast Ceremonies and we are very happy we found him!

Sent on 03/25/2017

McKala · Married on 02/10/2017

Pastor Bob was such a hit at our wedding! He executed our entire ceremony perfectly! I wouldn't have changed a thing! I know I will forever cherish every word he spoke. You will not go wrong with booking Pastor Bob. I highly reccomend booking his premarital counseling service as well, it was extremely informative and such a great way to kick off your marriage. Pastor Bob goes out of his way to truly understand his couples, and it really shows with his commitment to ensuring your ceremony is exactly how you envisioned it. He is extremely down to earth, lovely to be around, and just an overall awesome person! He attended our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception - and we were so happy he was a part of it all.

Sent on 03/01/2017

Keifer · Married on 01/07/2017

Pastor Bob was by far the best Premarital Counselor and Offciant that we could have ever asked for! He always made us feel comfortable and offered incredible advice for our marriage. He was always punctual to our wedding events and handled everything flawlessly. We had a perfect ceremony because of Pastor Bob. I would recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 03/23/2017
  • Q

Quinlynn · Married on 12/11/2016

We couldn't be more happy with how our ceremony went thanks to Pastor Bob. He took the time to get to know us and put together the perfect ceremony! He is always on time and quick to answer any questions we had along the way. Would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 11/19/2016

Pastor Bob was the perfect compliment to our wedding! He took the time to really get to know us and make our ceremony personal to us. We also went through his premarital counseling where he work with us as a couple to go over communication skills, finance discussions, our love languages and what the Bible says on marriage. He made it fun and something we looked forward to. He made our ceremony a perfect blend of us two. He also is great at keeping the guests attention throughout. I highly recommend picking Pastor Bob for your wedding! I promise you will not be disappointed! My husband and I still talk about our love language!

Sent on 01/30/2017

Kasey · Married on 11/11/2016

Pastor Bob was perfect for us! We did a lot of research into finding an officiant that could personalize our ceremony. We knew PB was the guy as soon as when we met him. He is so personable and genuine and really made us feel comfortable during this whole process. We enjoyed the marital counseling sessions (which I recommend, as it gives him a greater opportunity to get to know you and make your ceremony very personal!)
    After getting to know us, he sent us a few variations of ceremonies which we could mix and match, cut and paste, & add to until we had our PERFECT ceremony. We laughed, we cried, we prayed, we smiled A LOT! He did a tremendous job & we recommend him highly!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/31/2016

Pastor Bob was AMAZING!!! My husband and I did a lot of research to find the perfect officiant that would integrate my families religious background with our more modern lifestyle AND do a nod to my husbands Scottish heritage in our ceremony. Pastor Bob pulled all of these ideas together into the ceremony seamlessly and it was perfect! Our family & friends couldn't get over how traditional our ceremony/wedding was while still being fun, all thanks to Pastor Bob.
    He was flexible with meetings, he was very accommodating with any of our requests, he continuously was mindful on how to "customize" the ceremony to be just for us... I'm still blown away at the level of attention to detail he gave in preparation to our day.
    Our wedding was originally scheduled for 10/07/2016. We had prepared for this day with a year and a half engagement. That week, hurricane Matthew hit our exact venue location during our wedding time forcing us to cancel everything the day before. A brides worst nightmare!!! We were devastated and called Pastor Bob asking him if there was any way he could still marry us despite the horrible weather conditions and none of our friends/family able to make it. He immediately came up with a beautiful Plan B that was so thoughtful! In the end, we weren't able to make Plan B work. We took a step back for a few days and tried different dates that would work for all of our vendors on a last minute notice (as you may find out during planning your wedding, vendors book up months-year in advance so this was mission impossible!) We were pretty much left with week days to choose from only. We realized Halloween was on a Monday and could be a fun Wedding date so Pastor Bob was our first phone call. He made himself available for the day, and even said he could dress up as a Pastor for Halloween LOL We were blessed to find someone that was so willing to work with us through planning our ceremony to helping us solve problems we couldn't of foreseen!

Sent on 11/17/2016