First Coast Ceremonies Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

• Mary
    Mary H. Married on 06/18/2022

Hodges-Moffat Wedding 6.18.22

Pastor Bob was a joy to work with as we planned our wedding ceremony! We did pre-marital counseling with him which was SO helpful. Pastor Bob really made us feel comfortable and helped to get us on the right foot to start marriage. During the counseling sessions, Pastor Bob opened up about his life experiences as we opened up about ours, and this really made us feel like we'd known him for forever. He customized the most beautiful ceremony for us, and this will forever be special and unique to our wedding day! We had so many guests of the wedding speak about the uniqueness of our ceremony. His comic relief throughout the more nervous moments of the wedding was like a breathe of fresh air! HIGHLY recommend Pastor Bob!
    Bethann Married on 06/16/2022

Pastor Bob is an Allstar!!

I do not have enough great things to say about Pastor Bob, and neither do my guests! He gave a very personal and intimate ceremony that was full of love and laughs. He knew how to engage our guests and cater the ceremony just for me and my husband. He even stayed for the reception to give a blessing before we ate, which everyone loved. He is incredibly personable and full of great stories. Each of my guests that spoke with him came away proclaiming what an awesome guy Pastor Bob is!

Throughout the whole process, Pastor Bob was responsive, helpful, and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I elected to do pre-marital counseling with him, which I highly recommend. It was a good way for Pastor Bob to get to know us, as well as for my husband and I to reaffirm the love we have for one another. Since we live in PA, and Pastor Bob is down in FL, he was flexible enough to work with us virtually throughout the process.

If you are looking for an officiant, look no farther!
  • Dana
    Dana Married on 05/14/2022

Perfect personality to make the ceremony memorable

Pastor Bob from First Coast Ceremonies was a perfect fit for our wedding. We had numerous guests approach us to compliment the officiant. He was thoughtful, engaged with us as a couple, a great blend of humor and sincerity. He was easy to work with in providing a great base structure for the ceremony and he helped work with us to tailor the message to be really personal. He provided pre-marital sessions that were impactful but appropriate for the level of depth and religious focus (light) we were seeking. On the big day, he stayed for the reception and added to the fun of the party as well. I'd highly recommend him to any couple!
    Russ M. Married on 04/09/2022

Excellent officiant in all respects

Pastor Bob did our wedding on the beach at Amelia Island. He is very experienced, very comfortable in performing his role, and is a delightful personality. He was a great help in designing our ceremony, and was very open to our input. He generously came out for a rehearsal as well as the ceremony itself. We cannot think of anything that he could have done better. We would absolutely recommend him without reservation.
  • Anna
    Anna K. Married on 02/18/2022

Pastor Bob is a gem

Pastor Bob did an amazing job officiating our wedding! He made the ceremony personal to our story and allowed us to put any input of any kind we wanted. We also did the pre marital coaching with him which was a great addition as it not only allowed him to get to know us better, but also allowed my husband and I to talk through different things to expect in our journey. Pastor Bob is a great addition to you wedding, 100%!
  • Allison
    Allison D. Married on 11/27/2021

Perfect Second Wedding

From our first conversation, we were confident that Pastor Bob was the right officiant for our small destination wedding on the beach in Amelia Island. It was important for us as Christians to have a spiritual ceremony and he understood exactly what we wanted. He helped us plan and provided sample ceremonies and suggestions. He delivered a strong and inspirational message along with a good dose of humor.
    This is a second marriage for both of us - both widowed after long first marriages. Pastor Bob made our ceremony perfect and unforgettable!
    Christy R. Married on 10/30/2021

Everything we wanted and more!

What an absolute joy Pastor Bob was to work with for our big day. We had no idea what we wanted or where to began. Pastor Bob did a great job explaining everything and giving us options so that our ceremony would be perfectly unique to us. We met several times prior to the event to better know each other so by the time of our wedding, there was a sense that we’ve known each other for many years. Throughout the entire process Pastor Bob was extremely friendly and easy to work with and made the experience quite simple and enjoyable. We would definitely recommend to any of our friends who may be getting married in the future! The ceremony was better than we could of asked for and owe him many thanks!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 09/05/2021

A Perfect Choice!

Pastor Bob was everything we could have asked for. It is true that once you speak with him, you will know right away that you made the right choice! He is so easy to work with and helped made our day so special. Our family and friends kept raving about how amazing Pastor Bob was at my wedding. Most importantly he made my husband and I feel comfortable and helped reduce some of those jittery nerves. He is always smiling and really is a special part of your wedding day.
  • Melanie
    Melanie P. Married on 08/03/2021

So thankful we found Bob Hovey of First Coast Ceremonies!

We have nothing but good things to say about Bob Hovey and First Coast Ceremonies! Because we were coming from out of town to get married on Amelia Island, we did not know any ministers in the area. It was very important to both of us to select someone who shared our Christian values, so I researched many, many officiants and ministers. When I looked at Bob’s website and watched video clips of weddings he had performed, I knew immediately that he was going to be a good match for us and prayed that he would be available! He is wonderful! He has the most outgoing personality and he brought much laughter and joy to our wedding day! He is also very professional and it is obvious that he is very experienced in conducting weddings. He first met with us over Zoom and we talked about our vision for the wedding. He then sent us two different versions of wedding ceremonies and asked us to look over those and use them to write our own ceremony, which we did. On the day of our beach wedding, it rained off and on throughout the day. Bob had told me previously that he was setting aside the whole day just for us, and would be available to come earlier or later if we needed to because of rain. I texted him during the early afternoon and asked if he could come earlier than we had planned, which he was glad to do! We really appreciated his flexibility! Before the wedding, Bob went over every detail of the ceremony, which was so helpful. The actual ceremony was just beautiful. We believe that a wedding should be a sacred time before God. Bob took the scriptures we had chosen and incorporated them into his message. He did a wonderful job of explaining God’s plan for marriage. But his sense of humor and his lightheartedness gave our wedding a special touch! He even snapped some pictures for us on his cell phone after the wedding, which was so nice. Our whole family really enjoyed meeting and getting to know Bob! If you are looking for a wonderful minister to perform your wedding, look no farther! Bob is fantastic and you will not find anyone better!
  • Nicole
    Nicole B. Married on 07/31/2021

Beyond Exceptional!

From the first moment you speak to Bob you know you’ve made the right choice in an officiant! His energy and relaxed demeanor made it easy to converse. My husband and I were so excited we couldn’t wait to meet him. In person he is nothing less than awesome. He blended in so well with our family and friends you would think he was a friend for years. Everyone just raved about how exceptional he was, the humor, friendliness and professionalism was spot on!

I thought I was going to be a bag of nerves and break down in tears (of joy lol) saying my vowels but Bob kept the entire ceremony ease free, light hearted and memorable. We even have a little prank we wanted to pull on the family with our ring bearers and Bob helped pull it off 😂 it was great.

Bob doesn’t just show up and officiate your wedding- he truly loves what he does and it shows in his work. We were so blessed to have such an amazing soul unify our ceremony.
    Alex M. Married on 07/10/2021

Made our special day even more special!

Bob was absolutely fantastic! He truly made the wedding memorable. He was also very flexible to work with us on short notice - but he didn't miss a detail! He really took the time to get to know us, our story, and how we wanted the ceremony. He goes the extra mile to ensure that your special day is exactly that.

Thank you so much Bob!

- Christina and Alex
    Alyssa M. Married on 05/30/2021

Fabulous Officiant

Pastor Bob was an amazing officiant! He was so knowledgeable and easy to work with. Our rehearsal and wedding went seamlessly thanks to his preparation and experience. He was very accommodating and flexible, which was very much appreciated during the pandemic. We learned a lot add grew as a couple thanks to his premarital counseling. I highly recommend Pastor Bob!
  • Sydney
    Sydney B. Married on 05/26/2021

Amazing Officiant!! Your Ceremony Will be Beautiful!

Pastor Bob was such an amazing officiant to work with. He responds quickly and made the whole process seamless. We spoke with several other officiants and he really stood out above the rest. He has such charisma and personality that you feel like you aren't meeting for the first time. We even had several of our friends ask how long we've known him, because he did such a great job making it feel personal. I really like how he sent us two different options after talking to us and we could cut and paste and blend the two to make our draft. Although we didn't take advantage of these services he will also help you write your own vows, offers counseling, and even will take you on his boat if you live in the area!
    During our wedding our flower pedestal behind us fell over and he did a great job tying it in to the ceremony which made everyone laugh. I feel like that happening just made it even more perfect. Honestly I can't say anything else besides he did a brilliant job. Hire him. You will not be disappointed! Thanks again Pastor Bob!!
    Sydney & Colton Barto
  • Sammy
    Sammy R. Married on 03/04/2021

The Absolute Best!!! Trust me!!!!

Bob is amazing! He is animated and truly cares about people and it shows. We had a multi-cultural ceremony and Bob handled both the persian portion as well as the american portion. Everything went off without a hitch and everybody at the reception was asking about him. He truly made the event a spectacle and had the command of the entire room. I can't express enough how happy we were with him and I guarantee you will think the same if you hire him.
  • Shelby
    Shelby H. Married on 02/06/2021

The absolute best officiant!

Pastor Bob did the most amazing job officiating our wedding. He came highly recommended by our planner and we are so glad we made the decision to have him marry us. He worked with us ahead of time to make sure the ceremony was just what we wanted and provided the perfect amount of guidance in planning our vows. So many people came up to us after our wedding to tell us how much they loved our ceremony. We cannot say enough great things about our experience! Our ceremony was so special and something we will remember forever thanks to Pastor Bob.
  • Misty
    Misty H. Married on 12/07/2020

Excellent Officiant!!

Pastor Bob is a wonderful officiant! He has an infectious positive, uplifting personality that lights up the room! He went above and beyond to make sure our ceremony ran smoothly. I was soooo nervous, but Pastor Bob helped me to feel at ease knowing that he had everything under control. He has a calming nature about him, very professional, kind, and funny! We highly recommend him!
    Alyssa F. Married on 11/22/2020

Beautiful Personalized Wedding Ceremony

Pastor Bob Hovey performed our wedding ceremony at the Treasury on the Plaza in November 2020. Pastor Bob did an amazing job connecting and learning about us and what makes our relationship special prior to writing out any ceremony wording. By writing up different options and allowing my husband and I to put aspects of both that we felt most relatable to our relationship allowed us to create a wedding ceremony that was special and unique to us. We loved the personal touches that Pastor Bob included in our ceremony and the relationship that we created throughout the process. Pastor Bob also did a fantastic job of communicating throughout the process that made the planning process of the most important part of a wedding ceremony go off without a hitch.
  • Jessi
    Jessi P. Married on 11/21/2020

Great officiant!

Pastor Bob was amazing throughout the whole process! He responded quickly and was easy to get ahold of throughout the entire planning process. He is friendly and puts you at ease right away. He provided marital coaching prior to the big day which I think will serve us well throughout our marriage. He helped us plan the perfect ceremony, devising a couple "scripts" that he thought fit us and allowing us to tweak as we saw fit until it was perfect. On the big day, we were so thrilled with his work. He added just enough religion and prayer to the ceremony without being too over the top for our tastes, and he treated the ceremony with the respect and dignity it deserves while also injecting just a bit of humor here and there to keep it fun. We could not have dreamed of a better person to officiate our wedding, and we got SO many compliments regarding Pastor Bob. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for a great officiant!
  • Erika
    Erika D. Married on 11/21/2020

Joe McKenzie and Pastor Bob are the Dream Team

My husband and I worked with both Pastor Bob and Joe McKenzie to make our wedding ceremony perfect! We worked with Pastor Bob on writing the ceremony and then Joe performed the ceremony for us on our wedding day. Both Bob and Joe were wonderful to work with! They were both so nice and easy to work with and were very helpful with making a ceremony that was tailored to us. The teamwork worked out perfectly and I couldn't be more happy with how our wedding ceremony was both written and performed!
  • Julie
    Julie T. Married on 08/22/2020

A dream wedding by the Ocean!

Pastor Bob was incredible! We found him through wedding wire based on good reviews and he didn’t not disappoint. He was so attentive to all the details of our ceremony, which just made it perfect! He helped calm nerves, shared laughs - by the end he was part of the family. Thank you for helping to make our day perfect!!
  • Christine
    Christine F. Married on 08/01/2020

Pastor Bob Goes the Extra Aisle (mile)!

Finding Pastor Bob to officiate our wedding, which we planned in just 2 months, was one of the BEST wedding-planning decisions we made!

We worried about not having enough time to foster a relationship with our officiant so that they could deliver a ceremony that truly reflected us as a couple - however Pastor Bob delivered above and beyond in his services and in his thoughtful interactions with us. His charisma, insight, and warm words made our ceremony so special and all of our family members appreciated his message to us as newlyweds.

We could not have asked for a better experience!
  • Kate
    Kate D. Married on 07/19/2020

Stop right there! You found the perfect officiant for your wedding!

We hired Pastor Bob to be our wedding officiant for our July 2020 wedding. My husband and I were nervous about who we could trust for the most important job of the event - getting us married! But Pastor Bob was recommended to us through our wedding coordinator and I am so glad that he was! God is a big part of our lives but with being new to town and not having a church family established, we had no pastor who knew us enough to marry us. Pastor Bob was recommended and the rest was history! He got back to my email right away and always responded in a timely manner. In order to get to know us better - he offered us a free boat ride with him on his boat! (HOW FUN!!) This was the perfect opportunity for us to get to know him and him to learn more about us before he married us. He came to our rehearsal and ran it smoothly with his guidance! He even came to our rehearsal dinner to spend more time with us before the big day. The day of the event, he was on time and read the most amazing message before we said our vows. While he was presenting he was loud, and clear and delivered the most perfect message. Pastor Bob wasn't just an officiant - he became a close family friend. We are so lucky to have found him! We'd recommend him to any one looking for an officiant for their wedding day! Thanks Pastor Bob - you rock!

First Coast Ceremonies's reply:

I DO love a wedding and everything that goes with it!! Thank you for this wonderful opportunity to be a part of your Celebration!
    Kimberly P. Married on 07/04/2020

Great experience 💞

Amazing experience!! Will definitely refer him. Very personable, great sense of humor. He made sure everything ran smoothly. 💞🥂🍾💒👰🏼
  • Howard
    Howard W. Married on 05/16/2020

Pastor Bob was amazing!

Pastor Bob was great to work with upto and on our wedding day. He is funny and always positive. We also attended his pre marital counseling which was also very helpful. He made arrangements to come to us to make meeting convenient for the classes. He also helped with the wedding vows and made sure we liked the message that was going to be shared.
  • Cameron
    Cameron C. Married on 05/16/2020

Personal, helpful and fun!

Bob Hovey was a wonderful officiant for our wedding! Amidst rescheduling with Covid-19 and other adjustments, Bob was flexible and supportive the entire time. He allowed my husband and I to make our ceremony our own and provided several different versions of what the ceremony flow could be. After our wedding, we had so many compliments on Bob's ceremony and we were so happy to have him be part of our day and marry us! If you want someone who is helpful, personal and keeps things fun, go with Bob Hovey, you won't be disappointed!