First Coast Ceremonies Reviews

125 | Jacksonville, FL

125 Reviews for First Coast Ceremonies

Alyssa M. · Married on 05/30/2021

Fabulous Officiant

Pastor Bob was an amazing officiant! He was so knowledgeable and easy to work with. Our rehearsal and wedding went seamlessly thanks to his preparation and experience. He was very accommodating and flexible, which was very much appreciated during the pandemic. We learned a lot add grew as a couple thanks to his premarital counseling. I highly recommend Pastor Bob!

Sent on 06/11/2021
  • Sydney

Sydney B. · Married on 05/26/2021

Amazing Officiant!! Your Ceremony Will be Beautiful!

Pastor Bob was such an amazing officiant to work with. He responds quickly and made the whole process seamless. We spoke with several other officiants and he really stood out above the rest. He has such charisma and personality that you feel like you aren't meeting for the first time. We even had several of our friends ask how long we've known him, because he did such a great job making it feel personal. I really like how he sent us two different options after talking to us and we could cut and paste and blend the two to make our draft. Although we didn't take advantage of these services he will also help you write your own vows, offers counseling, and even will take you on his boat if you live in the area!
    During our wedding our flower pedestal behind us fell over and he did a great job tying it in to the ceremony which made everyone laugh. I feel like that happening just made it even more perfect. Honestly I can't say anything else besides he did a brilliant job. Hire him. You will not be disappointed! Thanks again Pastor Bob!!
    Sydney & Colton Barto

Sent on 06/14/2021
  • Sammy

Sammy R. · Married on 03/04/2021

The Absolute Best!!! Trust me!!!!

Bob is amazing! He is animated and truly cares about people and it shows. We had a multi-cultural ceremony and Bob handled both the persian portion as well as the american portion. Everything went off without a hitch and everybody at the reception was asking about him. He truly made the event a spectacle and had the command of the entire room. I can't express enough how happy we were with him and I guarantee you will think the same if you hire him.

Sent on 04/16/2021
  • Shelby

Shelby H. · Married on 02/06/2021

The absolute best officiant!

Pastor Bob did the most amazing job officiating our wedding. He came highly recommended by our planner and we are so glad we made the decision to have him marry us. He worked with us ahead of time to make sure the ceremony was just what we wanted and provided the perfect amount of guidance in planning our vows. So many people came up to us after our wedding to tell us how much they loved our ceremony. We cannot say enough great things about our experience! Our ceremony was so special and something we will remember forever thanks to Pastor Bob.

Sent on 02/28/2021

Alyssa F. · Married on 11/22/2020

Beautiful Personalized Wedding Ceremony

Pastor Bob Hovey performed our wedding ceremony at the Treasury on the Plaza in November 2020. Pastor Bob did an amazing job connecting and learning about us and what makes our relationship special prior to writing out any ceremony wording. By writing up different options and allowing my husband and I to put aspects of both that we felt most relatable to our relationship allowed us to create a wedding ceremony that was special and unique to us. We loved the personal touches that Pastor Bob included in our ceremony and the relationship that we created throughout the process. Pastor Bob also did a fantastic job of communicating throughout the process that made the planning process of the most important part of a wedding ceremony go off without a hitch.

Sent on 11/30/2020
  • Jessi

Jessi P. · Married on 11/21/2020

Great officiant!

Pastor Bob was amazing throughout the whole process! He responded quickly and was easy to get ahold of throughout the entire planning process. He is friendly and puts you at ease right away. He provided marital coaching prior to the big day which I think will serve us well throughout our marriage. He helped us plan the perfect ceremony, devising a couple "scripts" that he thought fit us and allowing us to tweak as we saw fit until it was perfect. On the big day, we were so thrilled with his work. He added just enough religion and prayer to the ceremony without being too over the top for our tastes, and he treated the ceremony with the respect and dignity it deserves while also injecting just a bit of humor here and there to keep it fun. We could not have dreamed of a better person to officiate our wedding, and we got SO many compliments regarding Pastor Bob. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for a great officiant!

Sent on 12/29/2020
  • Erika

Erika D. · Married on 11/21/2020

Joe McKenzie and Pastor Bob are the Dream Team

My husband and I worked with both Pastor Bob and Joe McKenzie to make our wedding ceremony perfect! We worked with Pastor Bob on writing the ceremony and then Joe performed the ceremony for us on our wedding day. Both Bob and Joe were wonderful to work with! They were both so nice and easy to work with and were very helpful with making a ceremony that was tailored to us. The teamwork worked out perfectly and I couldn't be more happy with how our wedding ceremony was both written and performed!

Sent on 01/16/2021
  • Julie

Julie T. · Married on 08/22/2020

A dream wedding by the Ocean!

Pastor Bob was incredible! We found him through wedding wire based on good reviews and he didn’t not disappoint. He was so attentive to all the details of our ceremony, which just made it perfect! He helped calm nerves, shared laughs - by the end he was part of the family. Thank you for helping to make our day perfect!!

Sent on 09/16/2020
  • Christine

Christine F. · Married on 08/01/2020

Pastor Bob Goes the Extra Aisle (mile)!

Finding Pastor Bob to officiate our wedding, which we planned in just 2 months, was one of the BEST wedding-planning decisions we made!

We worried about not having enough time to foster a relationship with our officiant so that they could deliver a ceremony that truly reflected us as a couple - however Pastor Bob delivered above and beyond in his services and in his thoughtful interactions with us. His charisma, insight, and warm words made our ceremony so special and all of our family members appreciated his message to us as newlyweds.

We could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 08/18/2020
  • Kate

Kate D. · Married on 07/19/2020

Stop right there! You found the perfect officiant for your wedding!

We hired Pastor Bob to be our wedding officiant for our July 2020 wedding. My husband and I were nervous about who we could trust for the most important job of the event - getting us married! But Pastor Bob was recommended to us through our wedding coordinator and I am so glad that he was! God is a big part of our lives but with being new to town and not having a church family established, we had no pastor who knew us enough to marry us. Pastor Bob was recommended and the rest was history! He got back to my email right away and always responded in a timely manner. In order to get to know us better - he offered us a free boat ride with him on his boat! (HOW FUN!!) This was the perfect opportunity for us to get to know him and him to learn more about us before he married us. He came to our rehearsal and ran it smoothly with his guidance! He even came to our rehearsal dinner to spend more time with us before the big day. The day of the event, he was on time and read the most amazing message before we said our vows. While he was presenting he was loud, and clear and delivered the most perfect message. Pastor Bob wasn't just an officiant - he became a close family friend. We are so lucky to have found him! We'd recommend him to any one looking for an officiant for their wedding day! Thanks Pastor Bob - you rock!

Sent on 10/20/2020

First Coast Ceremonies's reply:

I DO love a wedding and everything that goes with it!! Thank you for this wonderful opportunity to be a part of your Celebration!

Kimberly P. · Married on 07/04/2020

Great experience 💞

Amazing experience!! Will definitely refer him. Very personable, great sense of humor. He made sure everything ran smoothly. 💞🥂🍾💒👰🏼

Sent on 07/06/2020
  • Howard

Howard W. · Married on 05/16/2020

Pastor Bob was amazing!

Pastor Bob was great to work with upto and on our wedding day. He is funny and always positive. We also attended his pre marital counseling which was also very helpful. He made arrangements to come to us to make meeting convenient for the classes. He also helped with the wedding vows and made sure we liked the message that was going to be shared.

Sent on 09/29/2020
  • Cameron

Cameron C. · Married on 05/16/2020

Personal, helpful and fun!

Bob Hovey was a wonderful officiant for our wedding! Amidst rescheduling with Covid-19 and other adjustments, Bob was flexible and supportive the entire time. He allowed my husband and I to make our ceremony our own and provided several different versions of what the ceremony flow could be. After our wedding, we had so many compliments on Bob's ceremony and we were so happy to have him be part of our day and marry us! If you want someone who is helpful, personal and keeps things fun, go with Bob Hovey, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 11/04/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica S. · Married on 05/09/2020

Prompt, Personable, Professional and Caring

Pastor Bob officiated our wedding in August this year and I knew when I saw his reviews that I HAD TO HAVE HIM. He was prompt in his response back to me and quickly set up a meeting to see if we were a good fit. He even offered to meet my husband and I on our side of town which I was grateful for. In the meeting, Pastor Bob really took the time to get to know us as a couple. He wrote everything down and asked us a lot of questions. He was so thorough in explaining his process and sent me 2 options for the ceremony and I was able to piece together word for word exactly what he would say during our vows. I didn't have to change much, as his templates covered everything that was important to me. He had an amazing presence while delivering our vows and was so personable and that was very important to me, because who wants to sit through a stuffy wedding?? Cue to the reception, Pastor Bob was the life of the party!!! He was out on the dance floor, my parents loved having him sit at their table as they were able to find many things to connect on. Spend the extra little bit of money and put yourself in the BEST hands!!!! You will not regret hiring Pastor Bob to officiate your wedding, from the start of your ceremony, to the end of your reception Pastor Bob will be the best addition!!!!

Sent on 12/09/2020

Annette · Married on 12/14/2019

Adapter to our unique needs

Bob was flexible and accommodating with our mildly unique ceremony request: intimate and classy with a touch or romance and a spirituality. His character and demeanor helped us immensely through the pre-wedding nerves.

Sent on 01/05/2020

Nathalie H. · Married on 12/07/2019

Pasto Bob made our day so special

We had a destination wedding in Jacksonville, so we weren’t able to meet Pastor Bob before rehearsal dinner. We had one interview over the phone and then discussed the ceremony. Pastor Bob was very flexible with us. He encourage authenticity and makes an effort to get to knows us. Everyone in the party enjoy his company. Pastor’s Bob energy is lively and welcoming.

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • Talia

Talia · Married on 09/28/2019

Everything we've ever wanted came true!

Pastor Bob was absolutely amazing for so many reasons. We met him through online and met him in person multiple times to discuss life, love, relationships, and his background. He really is an awesome human being and so down to earth that it makes the ceremony flow so smoothly. We did pre-martial counseling with him twice before the actual wedding day which I highly recommend. We also received a military discount, which was helpful! He did an amazing job and even attended our wedding shower and rehearsal dinner so our families were close with him before the wedding day. It was perfect. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria B. · Married on 08/25/2019

Pastor for my wedding

My husband and I are not originally from Jacksonville, Florida. With that being said, it was a challenge for us to find a pastor available in a short period of time. My wedding was August 25,2019. My coordinator recommended Pastor Hovey. He texted me immediately and set up a time for us to meet. From the very beginning his spirit was jolly, he was professional, and very accommodating. His attitude was always positive from the reception to our wedding day. As a pastor for my wedding his sermon was heart felt and relatable to the variety of personas at the actual ceremony. His price is reasonable and if I could give him a 10 across the board I would! I’d definitely recommend this pastor and we liked him so much that we are planning to visit his church. Great job Pastor Hovey and thank you for your services.

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Laura

Laura D. · Married on 08/16/2019

A perfect sunrise wedding on the beach

My husband & I basically eloped; no guests, no reception... just a short, sweet ceremony on the beach at sunrise. All thru the process from the initial communication, Pastor Bob was understanding, flexible, kind, funny, helpful & considerate. I cannot imagine anyone not liking him or being unsatisfied with his service or demeanor.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Ed Bager · Married on 08/02/2019

St. Simons, GA Wedding

Pastor Bob was awesome! He came up to GA for our events and was very flexible, accommodating, personable and fun. He officiated our wedding flawlessly on a Friday night and even took amazing pics!!

The following day he professionally conducted a memorial service for my brother that helped my family through a tough swing of emotions.

Family members and guest said what great wedding service and weekend it was and pastor Bob had a lot to do with that.

Sent on 08/20/2019

First Coast Ceremonies's reply:

Thanks Ed, it was truly a privilege to be a part of your family for the weekend - I’ll never forget it!
  • AJ

Aj · Married on 07/06/2019

Pastor Bob is truly the best!

We truly enjoyed Pastor Bob from the moment we met him until the end of our special night! He took the time to get to know us and communicated with us often, which is key during the wedding process. He was very flexible and let us customize our ceremony to make it just how we imagined! On top of everything else he had some great suggestions for the ceremony and helped put us at ease during the rehearsal and lead up to the ceremony. He was very professional and he has a kind heart and big smile! Even our wedding guests loved him!
    We really appreciated Pastor Bob, and more than an officiant, we feel we gained a friend who was there for us on our most special day. We highly recommend First Coast Ceremonies!

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Karissa

Karissa A. · Married on 06/28/2019

You've found the ideal officiant, don't look any further :-)

Pastor Bob is the ideal officiant! It was a delight and privilege to work with him. Pastor Bob made ceremony planning fun and easy, combining his expertise/ideas with our ideas to create the perfect wedding ceremony. Pastor Bob officiated with both heart and humor, making all of us cry and laugh. We also love that he took the time to get to know us and even chatted with our families. We all felt like we have known Pastor Bob for years, which added a pleasantly personal feeling to the wedding. Pastor Bob did such an impeccable job that our guests raved about him for weeks after the wedding. For my husband and I, Pastor Bob delivered the wedding ceremony of our dreams. He’ll even fix your train for you if you don’t have a wedding party! Haha. I highly recommend Pastor Bob/First Coast Ceremonies! I promise you will be thrilled if you choose him!

Sent on 07/15/2019

First Coast Ceremonies's reply:

Joy, pure joy - may our wonderful Lord's richest blessings be yours in your life and family to come!!

Carly · Married on 03/30/2019

Pastor Bob is hands-down the best there is

Pastor Bob is hands down the best! I just got married on 3/30/2019 and couldn't image having anyone else officiate our wedding. We met with Bob in the beginning of January and decided to do the premarital counseling and hire him to officiate our wedding. He came to our house twice for the counseling and it was such a fun and eye opening experience! Nathan and I are very much the type of "opposites attract" and Bob could tell that from only sitting down with us for 5 minutes. He made us both feel comfortable and we played games, he told us his life experiences and how he got to where he is today, we talked about our families, you really got to know Bob as a friend which really helped him with writing the ceremony vows.

Bob sent us a draft of what he had for the vows and had us look it over to see if we liked it and if we wanted to add anything. That was refreshing for us to know he really wanted our input and wanted to make our day perfect for us!

The wedding day couldn't have been better! Pastor Bob was great and the ceremony was comfortable, loving, and quirky (just like us). Everyone loved the message and Pastor Bob also went out of his way to help the wedding coordinator with moving chairs and tables during the reception, which I know she appreciated completely. He also sat with my parents for dinner and they also loved getting to know him!

I can't say enough great things about Pastor Bob and our experience. I feel like I could even call him today and talk to him to ask him questions and he would be there. If your looking for someone to make you laugh, make you feel comfortable, and truly provide a great message Pastor Bob is your guy!

Sent on 04/12/2019

Tammy · Married on 10/28/2017

Pastor Bob was amazing! He is very professional and very accommodating. He made our Beach Wedding a Fairy-tale come true! I highly recommend Pastor Bob! Thank you Pastor Bob for all you did to make our wedding perfect!
    Best,
    Tammy Cerreta! :)

Sent on 10/30/2017

Linda · Married on 10/25/2017

Pastor Bob was truly Amazing!! He went above & beyond in making our wedding ceremony perfect! He took the time to get to know the special things that are so important in our relationship which allowed him to make our wedding vows very personable. Our family & friends loved his excitement as well! Words could not describe our appreciation and love for Pastor Bob!! We thank God for bringing him into life for this special day!!

Sent on 10/28/2017