Finding Light Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Nina P. Married on 05/30/2021

Best of all time

No doubt one of the most incredible photographers of all time!!! First of all let me tell you we picked our wedding date based on Chelsea’s availability. She’s just that amazing. From the booking process to schedule preparing and to your wedding day, Chelsea is in constant communication with you and makes everything so easy. She creates you a timeline and makes sure everything falls into place. She makes the whole process so easy and stress free.
    Most importantly, she captures real and raw moments... you’ll want to stare at your photos forever.
    Chelsea- we cannot thank you enough for the photos of our most favorite day EVER and for capturing my surprise birthday party earlier this year. Do yourself a favor and book Chelsea for you wedding...she is absolutely incredible!!!! And you will love your photos beyond words.
  • Michelle
    Michelle A. Married on 11/20/2020

Best photographer ever!

Where do I even begin? Kevin and I tied the knot on November 20, 2020 in Islamorada, Florida Keys and hiring Chelsea as our photographer was the BEST decision of the entire process! From the moment we got connected, Chelsea made it SO easy and was so transparent with us from the start. Our friends and family still talk about her and how awesome and friendly she was from beginning to end. Chels was so accommodating with what we wanted ESP. planning a wedding during Covid.

IMO, Photography is the MOST important vendor you could book throughout the entire wedding process and we knew exactly what we wanted and what we didn’t want and we KNEW early on that Chelsea was it for us! We booked her for our engagement shoot which we are SO happy we did because we had a feel of how she works (highly rec to hire her for both) this was our first time really taking professional pictures and Chelsea helped us pose, made us laugh, and helped take the edge off of feeling awkward. ALL the shots came out so natural. Her lifestyle, candid shots are my absolute fave and she makes you feel so comfortable through it all.

Fast forward to our wedding day.. we all know how stressful this day can be and from the moment Chelsea arrived, she was on her A game! Chels literally blended in as if she was family and made myself and everyone feel SO relaxed. She delivered our sneak peeks in a gallery just two days after our wedding day and we were in shock of how beautiful they came out- which we knew they would but it totally exceeded our expectations- we shed lots and lots of happy tears that day- still do!

On top of Chelsea’s AMAZING customer service, responsiveness, and passion for what she does, Chels is a TRUE professional and the absolute sweetest! She’ll give you 150% to make your day EXTRA special and deliver exactly what you want! So happy we chose you! You’re our photographer for LIFE!

Look no further- HIRE Findinglight- you won’t regret it!

Xoxo! M&K
    Ashley D. Married on 10/03/2020

The best of south Florida

Honestly, I wanted chels to be our photographer for so long. She is so sought after, my short wedding notice (originally) she wasn’t available. Luckily our new Covid date she was!! Not only does she capture the BEST moments in the most beautiful way, she also makes you feel so comfortable and photogenic and beautiful the whole entire day. She helped make our day run smooth. I think every guest commented on how amazing Chelsea was and how when it’s their turn they hope to have her or someone as amazing as her (hard go find of course). Chels also did my boudoir shoot. It was classy and beautiful and my husband loved it. Honestly there is no one better suited for your wedding day or any other special day in your life. Her style is beautiful, the moments she captures are perfect and more than that she is an amazing, wonderful person that you’d love to have around during such cherished moments like this.
  • Brandi
    Brandi B. Married on 06/11/2020

For as long as weddings exist I will forever recommend Chelsea

I cannot express in enough words how much I appreciate every.single.photo that she took. I’ve known Chels for a little around 10 years through friends and Finding Light has got to be the most accurate brand name to brand owner representation. She truly is a light in this world. She is easily one of the easiest people to get along with. I promise you that after 10 minutes with her on your wedding day she will feel like a friend. But if you are lucky enough to know her already or to have her shoot your engagement photos I highly recommend it. Of all the vendors to have a relationship with my husband and I have agreed that your photographer has got to be the one that it is so important to know. So please jsut email her! Ask about her availability (and quick because everyone snags her) just get to know her through text or email and follow her Instagram! My husband and I cried when we got our engagement photos and just the same when we got our wedding photos. She is an artist through and through! she’s got such an incredible way of capturing the moment. She also gets the good posed shots but it’s everything in between that she gets and those are the photos you’re going to love the most and that bring you back to that day. Sometimes you create memories based off of photos but with Chelsea it’s like you’re actually transported back in time! The photos are warm and loving but also fun and punchy! They’re a cup of coffee with Baileys. Except you didn’t know about the Baileys. But you’re definitely not mad at it. She texted me after I got engaged and said she had to shoot my wedding and honestly got so flustered at the thought! I planned everything around her availability. From the venue to all my other vendors even. Sadly with Corona we could not get married at our original location in the keys and I swear to you that Chelsea was the ONLY person that could calm me during such an insane roller coaster. She is calm and hopeful and resourceful and such an angel in all situations! She’s professional and so organized but in a way that flows so seamlessly and not bossy in the slightest! if you’re off track I guarantee she’ll make sure your 10 min ahead of time! She makes sure you get all the shots you could possibly ever dream of but also lets you experience and enjoy your day! I was truly bummed when she left! not that 8 hours wasn’t enough for photos but she’s that awesome of a person that you jsut want her around! I wish I could think of more things to say but 10/10 you will NOT regret booking Chelsea for anything! from lifestyle shoots to engagement sessions to your wedding! You will be in such amazing hands with her and will cherish every single photo I promise!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 02/22/2020

Insanely gorgeous photos!!!

Chelsea’s company could not have a more perfect name, Finding Light Photography, because 1) her work exudes a beautiful energy though the light she finds in shots you would never believe could turn out so amazing and 2) because she is such a light in my life and all the other brides she works with (I have multiple friends that have had her as their photographer as well so that’s a fact)! Chelsea was the first vendor I booked because as soon as I saw her gorgeous photos, I knew I had to hire her for our wedding. Chelsea is so down to earth and such a kind, genuine and fun person to be around. When shooting with her, you’re having fun, she makes you laugh, feel comfortable and right at home. She is SO beyond talented, our engagement and wedding photos could not be more perfect. She gets every shot you want as well as candids you didn’t even know you needed. I didn’t have a videographer and I didn’t need it with Chelsea, every photo brings me right back to the exact moment and I can’t thank her enough for capturing our day so perfectly. Photography is one of the most important aspects of your wedding day and I promise you, Chelsea will highly exceed your expectations, as she did for me. I can’t say enough good things about Chelsea and I recommend her with all my heart!
  • Ali
    Ali B. Married on 02/16/2020

BEST photographer

It’s hard to know where to even begin...Chelsea was the first vendor we booked for a reason. We chose to add an engagement shoot and I’m SO happy we did. It was one of the most fun and relaxed experiences and that’s coming from someone who’s usually awkward in front of the camera. The photos turned out beyond anything we could’ve expected.

On our wedding day, the moment she arrived I felt instantly relaxed because I knew I was in the best hands. What makes Chelsea’s pictures stand out is that she FEELS the moments and emotions you experience on your wedding day and captures every single one. We received our sneak peaks TWO DAYS after our wedding and each picture took us back to that exact moment. She literally freezes the best memories of your life in the most beautiful way.

We had to move our ceremony inside due to rain, but that didn’t stop her from finding a window to take those incredible outdoor lighting shots she’s known for. Chelsea’s also extremely efficient. After our ceremony, my now husband and I enjoyed all of cocktail hour since we already finished all of the bridal party/family photos. Beyond being professional, she’s the most chill, down-to-earth person! Best decision was having Chelsea capture our big day!!
  • Tabitha
    Tabitha Married on 01/26/2020

Exceeded our expectations!

Chelsea was an absolute pleasure to be around, and she's *amazing* at what she does. I highly recommend including the engagement session in your photography package. By the end of the shoot we felt totally comfortable working with her and being in front of the camera. That comfort level and confidence really paid off on wedding day!
    We have only seen a handful of photos from the big day, and Chelsea has already exceeded our expectations. She was attentive to our needs and, even on a short wedding-day timeline, delivered AMAZING photos of so many unforgettable moments.
  • Julie
    Julie Married on 11/03/2019

Perfect photographer and real life hero

As soon as we booked our venue at the Marriott Key Largo, Chelsea/Finding Light was the next vendor we booked. We loved her shooting style, personality and approach to weddings. Initially, she was more than we were looking to spend, but after consulting with some other friends who have broken into the photography business, they assured us that for her skill level and approach we were striking gold!

Our mini engagement session with her was so fun and provided an amazing opportunity to get to know her. When she came for the wedding it was like one of my friends a was coming by! She shoots so naturally and captures everything so beautifully. I can not imagine having anyone else capture such a perfect weekend.

She is organized, cool, calm and composed under pressure manages all sorts of people beautifully. She was especially helpful in making sure we got all the little details and moments captured. We cannot wait to treasure her photos for a lifetime and for generations to come!
    Jessica Married on 03/16/2019

3/16 Wedding @ Flagler

Chelsea was our very first vendor booked because we KNEW we didn't want anyone else to capture our biggest day and now all of our future big days! I've known Chelsea since high school so it was incredibly special to me to have someone who knows me so well to shoot our wedding. From the first photoshoot - our engagement session - Chelsea made us feel so comfortable and confident in front of the camera! She made the whole session so much fun and our pictures were beautiful. Shoot #2 (for me) was a boudoir. I was extremely nervous but there's no one else I would have trusted to do such an amazing job! && Finally our wedding day... HOLY COW CHELSEA IS A GODDESS. She captured every moment we wanted and then some. We haven't gotten our full gallery yet but I've already cried at our sneak peaks multiple times. Chelsea is truly a magician and we are so lucky to not only have her as our photographer, but friend as well. Aside from her genius eye and creative editing, her personality is one you always want around you. She is lighthearted, kind, and funny and all those qualities are apparent during every interaction with her! She will certainly be our photographer for lifeeeee!
  • Dayana
    Dayana Married on 03/16/2019

Dream Photographer

Chelsea is one of the best photographers out there. The quality of her pictures, the lighting, the genuine emotion she captures are some of the reasons why you should hire her. Chelsea was not available for our wedding so we hired her for our engagement pictures and even though it wasn't in our budget, we knew we wanted to have her capture our love. Working with her that day was incredible. She is sweet, fun, makes you feel completely at ease, beautiful, I can go on and on. The day after our shoot we got teasers!!!! and two weeks later we had an entire gallery full of beautiful pictures. I did A LOT of research and I can guarantee you that there are very few photographers like Chelsea out there. If you want to use her for your wedding, book her early because she is usually booked manyyyy months in advanced. I promise, you will not regret it!
  • Devin
    Devin Married on 01/12/2019

Chelsea is ah-mazing!

Chelsea is absolutely AMAZING!!!

When I first started looking at photographers for my wedding, I was a little overwhelmed with all the different styles and artists. However, when I spoke with Chelsea, I felt completely at ease. She was so nice, answered all of my questions, and I felt as if I had known her for years.

Chelsea was also so accommodating with mine and my husband's schedule for our engagement photo session! I had just moved back to NJ and FL was essentially a destination wedding for us. My husband's schedule was very limited and Chelsea was able to work with us. She even offered to do our engagement pictures in NJ, on a weekend she was shooting another wedding. When we flew to FL last minute for a weekend, she fit us in an early sunrise session before she had to travel for a wedding and she was able to do the session at the location we celebrated our engagement with our families -- which meant so much to us!

On our wedding day, Chelsea was absolutely wonderful!! My husband and I tend to be more reserved, and feel a little self conscious having our photograph taken, but Chelsea made us feel so comfortable and in our element. She made me feel beautiful and natural. When we received our gallery, my husband said "Wow - I am not a photogenic person and I actually look presentable and good. I love these. I'm very happy we chose Chelsea."

I cannot say enough kind words about Chelsea and her work. To say her photos are beautiful is an understatement.

Thank you Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ashley H. Married on 12/14/2018

Finding light photography and Chelsea were the best

I am obsessed with all of my photos from Chelsea that I can’t even narrow down the photos for my wedding album!!! She was my favorite vendor of my entire wedding experience and I can’t recommend her enough!!! She’s such good people and an AMAZING photographer! I promise you will love her final products and her company!
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly P. Married on 11/24/2018

This long review doesn't do Chelsea justice

I don’t even know where to begin with this review so I will just jump in with the MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE we could have ever asked for. Obviously, your wedding day and the days leading up to it are extremely stressful and basically a big blur so the last thing my husband and I wanted to worry about was if our pictures were going to look good. We were also both in agreement that we didn’t want our wedding to be revolved around taking pictures and more so just having a great time. Well, Chelsea could not have been a better person to be our photographer. She was so professional yet still so much fun. She took control by knowing and understanding what we wanted in parallel to what she knew would photograph well and ultimately make us happy. I was so impressed how she came in and knew exactly what she needed before we ran off to the ceremony. Chelsea also worked extremely well with our videographers in directing them and letting them know what she (and they) needed to get the best shots. She was so creative and has an amazing eye. We were walking to the reception and she saw a cool building and asked if we could stop to get a few shots, which turned out to be some of our favorites! I am so glad I fully put all of my trust in Chelsea’s hands. She absolutely knows what she is doing and is a pleasure to work with. Multiple people in my bridal party told me how much they loved her and how they want to use her in their own weddings. I’d be remiss if I didn’t also mention Chelsea’s second shooter, Emily. My husband and his groomsmen said she was so great to work with and helped make them feel super comfortable (shocking, especially for these guys who can’t stay still to take one picture). I can go on and on about our experience but I will just leave you with this: if you are looking for a photographer who is extremely talented, professional, positive and all around amazing; stop right now. You’ve found her.
    Sarah Married on 05/16/2018
    My wife and I chose to do a destination wedding. I have to say it's pretty hard trying to chose a vendor through the internet compared to when you are in your hometown and know everyone. I spent alot of time reading each photographers bio because I needed to know if we could connect with them. Furthermore, I needed to see their portfolio to see how they take their pictures because everyone is a bit different. After reviewing Chelsea's page, I was like "Yup, she's the one." We definitely chose right!!!
    First off, first meeting Chelsea she's such a sweetheart and beautiful if I might add. She truly works to what you want, shes thorough, and she makes you feel so comfortable. All our guests even adored her- she fit right in with our families. I had multiple friends tell me they wished their photographer was as involved as Chelsea was in their wedding. She sent me some sneak peaks the next day and I about died!! I'm patiently, impatiently waiting for the rest : )
    She truly is great at what she does and I wish we lived closer so she could capture the rest of my wife and I's next chapter's!! Thanks Chels XoXo
    Natosha Married on 05/06/2018
    Chelsea is the BEST. She is so talented and captures every raw emotion and all the feels on your big day! She actually shot maternity photos for me prior to getting married and it was a no brainer that I had to have her for my wedding! She is so fun to work with. You have nothing to worry about on your big day, just let her work her magic and you will be balling once you get your gallery. I’m in love
    Cara Married on 04/08/2018
    Chelsea is THE. BEST. When I first found her instagram page (@findinglightphotography) I was in love with the style of her photos and how she seemed to capture the light and the joy in every moment. We got to first shoot with Chelsea for our engagement photos (which was included in the wedding photography package!) and I instantly loved her! She made us feel so at ease and comfortable immediately, even my husband who was so worried about looking awkward! On our wedding day, Chelsea was even more amazing. She kept the whole day running smoothly, even as a huge storm hit and it started to look like our ceremony would not happen outside as we planned. Chelsea's calmness was everything to me that day! She scouted the whole area to find a new place to do our first look since our planned outdoor spot was no longer an option, and still made it a beautiful and special moment for us. She worked along side my day-of coordinator seamlessly, and was truly everywhere at once. The most amazing part of our day was that we ended up being able to have our ceremony outside, much thanks to Chelsea who was outside drying chairs and making sure the grass was dry enough to walk on, she is a literal angel!!! In the end, she was able to capture that beautiful outdoor light that she is known for. Chelsea played a huge role in making our day so special. She is extremely professional and immensely talented. I cannot wait to work with her again for our next special life event, and highly recommend her to anyone looking for a top notch photographer.
    Melanie Married on 04/07/2018
    Chelsea is a master at her craft! Not only is she warm and kind she is great to work with. She makes the daunting wedding process fun... from her get to know you survey to the actual picture taking!! She followed her passion for photography and each shot proves it. Her work will last a lifetime but more importantly will take your breath away every time you look at the final product. She is a free spirit and brings a burst of positive energy to your special day. I would recommend Chelsea for anyone who doesn't take themselves too seriously but values outstanding creative talent and superior photos. I could not be happier with my decision to work with Chelsea and can't wait to plaster my walls with wedding memories. Finally, she happily came to my "destination" wedding in Islamorada without added costs for travel, I appreciated one all in cost and was it 1000% worth it!
    Michelle Married on 03/03/2018
    Its taken us a while to write this review because we think we won't be able to express our gratitude and amazement with Chelsea, both on a personal and professional level. We honestly do not think our words are sufficient, but we will do our best to capture how obsessed we are with Chelsea and her pictures. Excellent photography was a must have for us on our wedding day. We found Chelsea and just knew she was going to make every single dream of ours true, and she did and then some. We will forever cherish our pictures and we look forward to showing our future children these photographs one day and showing them a glimpse of the one of the most perfect days of our lives. Chelsea doesn't just touch up the photos and make your skin airbrushed flawless and your teeth white. She does not do just basic editing pretty much any other photographer can do. She does so, so much more. She creates art. She actually edits these photographs creating emotion in light and contrast. Honestly, you can feel the love just looking at her pictures. We don't know how she does it, but we are so thankful she was blessed with such an incredible talent. We are forever grateful for her and her amazing work. Picking just our top 10 favorite photographs for this review is not simple, but we will try. Thank you again Chelsea for everything you've done for us.

--Michelle & Shawn Hogan
    Vanessa Married on 01/21/2017
    From the minute I met Chelsea, I knew that our engagement and wedding photos were in the right hands. Chelsea is such an amazing and warm person, making us extremely comfortable and understanding our relationship in such a way to capture the most amazing photos. She is so creative and able to work with any situation to capture the best moments of our wedding. It was an absolute pleasure to work with her, and I couldn't have imagined our wedding without her!
    Kelsey Married on 01/14/2017
    First off, I wish there was a six-star option. Chelsea was beyond amazing - for a number of reasons. Not only is she incredibly talented, but she was so great to work with. Some of my favorite things about Chelsea: 1) um, her! She has a way of making everyone feel comfortable and relaxed. She is just fun and also genuine person. As soon as I met her, I felt like we were old friends - a plus when this is the person you will be hanging out with for 8+ hours. :) . 2) Talent and creativity. During our wedding, it seemed that Chelsea was able to capture every moment without being intrusive. She also got shots I would have never even thought of. This girl is a true talent and great at her craft. 3) Professionalism - She is reliable, responsive and just all-around on her game. She even provided me with a suggested timeline for the entire day! So basically, I could go on and on about her... but simply put, our day would not have been the same without Chelsea. I highly, HIGHLY recommend.
    Brittany Married on 10/29/2016
    I couldn't have asked for a more creative, amazing, fun and happy photographer to capture my day. She is a ray of sunshine and that will just add to the beauty of your day! She made all of us so comfortable in front of the camera, made us laugh, and captured truly beautiful moments in time that my family and I will cherish forever. What a talent, and overall just a beautiful soul! Working with her was a pleasure, and I plan on using her for all photo needs in the future.
    Sandi Married on 10/23/2016
    Chelsea is one of the most sincere, caring, creative and professional photographers I have ever had the pleasure to work with. She just did my daughter's wedding on 10/23/2016. From the time she arrived to the very last shot of the day, she made us feel as though she was a lifelong friend taking our photos on one of the most special days of my family's life. She was relaxed and calming. Never intrusive or pushy. She melted into the background, but was able to capture the most intimate, gorgeous shots of the entire day. Her personality is captivating and charming. You feel completely at ease that she has her task well in hand, and will produce the most gorgeous shots of your special occasion, all with her bright smile and positive personality. Our family could not say enough wonderful things about her. She is a true artist. Thank you so much Chelsea!!
  • User2563597 2+ years ago
    Chelsea was absolutely incredible and a true professional! I had a 230 person wedding with a 20 person wedding party. I was slightly nervous at first since I knew Chelsea was used to smaller weddings, but she NAILED IT and was calm, patient, and efficient the entire time. She managed to take all the pictures I wanted while maintaining the organic/natural light feel. Most importantly, she captured the most emotional moments so perfectly. I honestly was able to relive my wedding through her photos. I couldn't have had a better photographer!

Sami
    Danielle Married on 12/05/2015
    Chelsea is FUN, energetic and passionate about what she does. I hired her for our engagement and wedding photos even though she is in the other side of the state. I loved her work! She does a great job, is patient (since I'm so OCD) and was just s pleasure to work with. Her assistant Chelsea #2 was amazing too!!
    Hayley Married on 06/27/2015
    Chelsea of Finding Light is phenomenal! She is so patient and amazingly talented. She makes the whole process fun and enjoyable. I love her work and her!