Lydia's Cakes & Confections Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Beth
    Beth L. Married on 10/13/2019

Delicious and beautiful

Lydia made our two tiered cake and mini cupcakes look amazing and taste even better. I can not stress enough how flavorful and moist everything was. We had one flavor for the cake and three for the mini cupcakes, and all were huge hits. We got tons of compliments. She even put together a box of 4 cupcakes for us and a note that was sitting at our seats when we got to the reception. Perfect for a late night, post wedding snack. She was also very accommodating during the cake tasting too. Can not recommend her enough.
  • Francis
    Francis Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing cake and service

I really enjoyed working with Lydia to create a cake that was beautiful, delicious and within my budget. I love how the cake looked and the flavors were amazing. She was totally right when she recommended the orange Popsicle flavor, it was our favorite. Everyone love the cake! I will hire her for any other cake I will need. Also, she is amazing, she helped us and walked us through the process. I will recommend her a million times!
  • Marie
    Marie Married on 09/01/2019

Beautiful and delicious

The cake and cupcake that Lydia made us were such a hit! Everyone loved the cakes. The experience you get with Lydia is so wonderful and personal. We can’t wait for our one year anniversary to get our cake again!
    Rosemary Married on 08/31/2019

Recommendation

Used her for our son’s wedding
  • Sarah
    Sarah T. Married on 07/13/2019

Absolutely great!

We just loved Lydia! Our first meeting went very well. Lydia was very helpful and the cake tasting was amazing! The final result left me speechless. It was such a beautiful cake! It was exactly what we wanted and more. Lydia did an amazing job on our wedding cake! The flavors were great and all of our guests loved the cake. The sugar flowers had the guests wondering how they weren’t real! In all.. it was a great experience!
  • Fiona
    Fiona B. Married on 06/22/2019

Lydia and her Creations are wonderful!

This cake was unbelievable and Lydia was very attentive and extremely talented in the execution of our concept. Most importantly it tasted as good as it looked, which is a huge compliment! It was an amazingly delicious cake, even the fondant tasted good!
  • Emmiela
    Emmiela Married on 06/02/2019

Easy Going and Professional

My fiancé was actually the one who found Lydia, and even though at the time he had several vendors he was accessing I think we both knew from the start she’d be the one! She has always answered us quickly, she’s upfront about every detail and one look at her work online or in person and you’re guaranteed to fall in love! She is an amazing artist and very friendly which is obviously a HUGE plus! I can’t wait for our guests to “ooh” and “awe” at the cake at our wedding because I know they’re not even going to believe us when we tell them the flowers on our cake are made of sugar!
    Holly S. Married on 02/02/2019

A personal experience

Lydia really listened to what we wanted and made our experience with her very personal, which is exactly what we wanted. She is an artist and very talented.
    Kessa Married on 10/19/2018

10/10 Would hire again!

We live in Vancouver but were getting married in Maple Valley so after some research (Thank you Google) we decided to reach out to Lydia. Because of the distance a lot of our communication took place through email. Lydia was extremely professional, prompt, patient, and kind the entire time. She really worked with us to nail down how we wanted our cake to look (not easy since we had a ton of ideas). And when we did settle on a design she walked through the process of making it for us as well as costs during a cake tasting. Her cakes are absolutely delicious by the way (we had an almond cake that several people raved about). In the end she delivered an absolutely beautiful (and yummy) cake that went beyond our expectations. It had these beautiful sugar maple leaves that were incredibly detailed and delicate. I went out of my way to show people and felt guilty cutting into it (until I took a bite)!

Lydia is wonderful and came with no added stress so I would for sure recommend her to anyone for anything!
    Kelsea Married on 09/15/2018
    Lydia made the most beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding! She gave us exactly what we wanted, a simple three tier cake with pretty frosting details and we received endless compliments on how great it tasted. Also our initial tasting was such a blast, she is warm, professional, and truly has a passion for making your cake dreams come true! Would highly recommend her for any cake needs!
  • Melissa
    Melissa Married on 08/24/2018

Great Experience!

We really enjoyed working with Lydia! She took our inspiration photos and created the perfect design for our August wedding. Not only was our cake delicious, but she really went above and beyond what was expected of her. She was very professional and I cannot recommend her enough!
    Lisa C. Married on 08/24/2018

Exceptional Personal Touches & Attention to Detail

Lydia is a joy to work with. From the very start-a mini cake tasting party with my girlfriends (husband and I were living in different countries) we couldn't have been happier to have Lydia as a part of our absolute dream of a wedding. She went above and beyond to create the cake flavors and design we hoped for (you get two types of cakes if you want, plus she makes her own fondant and uses fresh berries for her fruit layers and cakes-Amazingly yummy). She even made mini cakes and left a sweet card for us to take home from the wedding which was beyond thoughtful and so appreciated. If you want to work with a truly creative and lovely human being for your gorgeous cake then Lydia is a must. She even custom designed a wood looking cake round for the base of our actual cake which everyone thought was honestly a real wood round until someone finally decided to test the theory-she is that good!. Would love to work with her again.
    Destiny Married on 08/04/2018
    Everyone was in love with my wedding cake lydia went above and beyond my expectations. Couldn't be happier we chose her.
  • Christine
    Christine Married on 07/14/2018
    Lydia's cakes are the best! Not only are they beautiful but they are also incredibly delicious. Days after the wedding guests were still talking about how good the cake was.
    Lydia was professional, accommodating, and super sweet through the whole process. She invited us into her home for a cake tasting where we got to try her delicious cakes for the first time. They were all so good, it was hard to choose. We ended up going with her most popular flavor- strawberry with strawberry filling for our tiered cake. We also got a chocolate sheet cake with chocolate mousse frosting. Both were so soooo good.
    We were originally going to get fresh flowers for our cake, but when we saw her amazingly detailed sugar flowers, we were blown away.
    The cake was a highlight of our wedding and we couldn't be happier.
    Amber Married on 07/07/2018
    Lydia is a true artist/baker! She made us an absolutely delicious cake along with amazing cupcakes! Everyone at our wedding loved all the flavors! I will always recommend Lydia! She really is the best! ❤
    Angela Married on 04/14/2018
    We loved our cake so much! It was definitely the highlight of our event! It was so beautiful and tasted really good too! My son said it was the best cake he ever tasted! Lydia was so professional and really listened to what our needs were. She definitely won’t let you
    down. We will be ordering more cakes from Lydia!
    Narnie Married on 03/31/2018
    It was an absolute pleasure working with Lydia on creating our wedding cake! We couldn't ask for more anything beautiful!
    Alec Married on 03/24/2018
    She did an AMAZING job with the cake, not only was it one of the most interesting and themed cakes we had ever seen, but more importantly it tasted GREAT! All of our guests thought it was AWESOME! thank you Lydia so much for helping make our day so memorable!
    Deidre Married on 10/14/2017
    I could not have asked for anything more perfect!! Not only is the cake/cupcakes delicious, they are so beautiful it's hard to eat them! Lydia literally puts everything into every single details. She even went out of her way to add edible "sparkles!" She is so easy going, easy to work with, an absolutely AMAZING and talented artist and goes over and beyond to make it an event to remember. I can't wait to have more excuses to work with her in the future. Thank you for giving me my dream cake, and making it a night that everyone continues to talk about!!!!! Highly, HIGHLY recommend, you will not be disappointed!!
    Carmine Married on 10/07/2017
    I can't thank Lydia enough for the amazing service she provided. From beginning to end, Lydia was extremely professional and was such a pleasure to work with. Our cake, where do I begin....it was a HIT! everyone loved it and we received so many compliments from the design to the taste. It was obvious that Lydia passionate about what she does, because it shows in her work. Our cake was perfect! moist and very delicious, every detail put into it was an absolute show stopper. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    Shiva Married on 09/16/2017
    Lydia is amazing! She was so fun to work with on designing the cake and it felt like she was a good friend just helping you plan your cake. Thanks so much Lydia for the most beautiful cake!
    Linda Married on 08/27/2017
    I looked at the other two recommendations at Chambers and I am not fond of Corrinas and then I looked at the other company and their cakes were too traditional. What we liked about Lydia was the creativity of her cakes and when we saw the snowmowble and we had jet skis we new we wanted her. She was very responsive, her cake choices were great and she delivered more that what we had hoped for. Everyone at our wedding marveled at the cake.
    Elise Married on 08/19/2017
    Lydia was such a pleasure to work! She gave of the most dreamy wedding cake I could have asked for! I knew bringing in a picture off of Pinterest would be a long shot, but she made it possible! The cake was spot on and tasted even better! Can’t wait for our one year anniversary to have it again!
    Susan Married on 08/19/2017
    Lydia was fabulous and made a beautiful, delicious cake exactly like the picture we showed her.
    Julie Married on 08/12/2017
    Lydia did an excellent job combining a few different wedding cake images I sent her and made us our one of a kind cake perfect for our special day!! My only regret is that I told our wait staff they didn't need to save us the top for our anniversary since she will make you a new one on your one year. I was craving it the days following the wedding!

Lydia's Cakes & Confections's reply:

Thank you Julie!
    I'm sorry you didn't have any for later....However, you just gave me a great idea to add to wedding cake orders. :) Making 2 large cupcakes just for the bride and groom to take for later that night!
    Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. ;) See you in a Year!
    Lydia