Festivities Wedding and Event Planner Reviews

25 | Binghamton, NY

25 Reviews for Festivities Wedding and Event Planner

25 Festivities Wedding and Event Planner Reviews

Barb · Married on 08/18/2018

I am a DJ, and have worked with Katie from Festivities several times. From another professional's point of view, she is really a pleasure to work with -- she takes care of every little detail, it's so nice to see that her brides just love her, because she takes so much of the stress out of the day for them. And for other vendors working the wedding, it's refreshing to have things move along so smoothly, because she has everything covered. One more thing -- flexibility -- many times, things will have to change at the last minute, due to unforeseen circumstances. At a couple of the weddings I've worked with her, this happened, and it's impressive to watch the smooth transition from one plan to another. I would definitely trust her with my wedding! :)

Sent on 08/22/2018

Festivities Wedding and Event Planner's reply:

Thank you Barb for your kind review. It is always a pleasure to work with you too. When you have a good team in place everything comes together.

Kali · Married on 08/17/2018

I could not have asked for better planners. Katie's assistants Mandy and Christina did an amazing job putting it all together. They made sure everything went as planned and if things got off track they made sure to get it back to where it needed to be. They listened to everything we wanted and they made sure they got it done. Katie did an amazing job planning and she can definitely count on her assistants for anything. I am so glad we hired Festivities! Thank you all!

kathy · Married on 12/09/2017

I can't say enough positive things about Katie, she listens to your ideas and has a vision for details that go above and beyond. She is friendly as well as professional and cares about your special day just like you do. Thank you for all you do and I highly recommend Katie.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Festivities Wedding and Event Planner's reply:

Thank you Kathy! It was a pleasure working with you, Miranda and George.

Haley · Married on 07/22/2017

Can't say enough wonderful things about Katie! She was there for us every step of the way from brainstorming to planning to bringing my dreams to life. If you want the best day of your life to also be the happiest and most carefree day of your life, then Katie is exactly what you've been looking for! She really cares about every detail and makes sure your big day is everything you've ever dreamed of. Simply the best!

Roberta · Married on 07/22/2017

We could not have done it without Katie!!!
    She was on top of everything and as accommodating as she could possibly be. She was the reason the day went flawlessly!!
    I would highly recommend her!!
    Our Wedding cake fell over and she not only had a new replacement there, she managed it so well that the bride did not even realize until it was time to cut the cake!!
    Katie and her staff took care of every detail and we very flexible when issues came up!!
    My daughter's Wedding Day was a magical experience thanks to Katie!!!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Festivities Wedding and Event Planner's reply:

Thank you very much for your nice review. I truly appreciate it. It was a pleasure working with you.

Emily · Married on 07/08/2017

Attempting to plan a barn wedding in the Finger Lakes/Ithaca, NY region while living in California required a ton of work and were SO lucky to have found Katie. We started working with Katie about a year before our wedding and she was both pleasant and professional throughout the entire planning process. We set up regular Skype meetings, met in Ithaca twice and found that she was always available via phone/email...which was great considering I always had tons of questions!!

As for the actual wedding weekend, Katie was there to help us set up the barn the day before and returned the day of the wedding with her assistant to continue setting up and kept us on schedule throughout the day. I didn't have to think twice about anything thanks to Katie and her assistant taking care of every detail perfectly...we even had last minute decorations sent to Katie's house that she brought to Ithaca the day before the wedding.

We highly recommend hiring Katie as your wedding planner. I don't think our wedding day would have went as smoothly as it did if it weren't for her!!!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Festivities Wedding and Event Planner's reply:

Thank you Emily and Kevin for your nice review. We had a lot of fun coordinating your wedding. It was such a pleasure working with you and Kevin over the last year. I am happy that you were pleased with our services. I wish you all the best!

Marsha · Married on 05/13/2017

Katie was great at executing our wedding vision and filling in the gaps. She definitely went above and beyond with her day-of services!

Sent on 06/18/2017

Festivities Wedding and Event Planner's reply:

Thank you Marsha for your review. I really appreciate it. It was a pleasure coordinating your special day.

Angela · Married on 10/08/2016

Katie was an absolute life saver throughout the entire planning process and even more so on the day of the wedding! I tend to like control over everything and Katie allowed that but also took care of things that I didn't even know about! From unclogging a bathroom sink, to finding a cake cutter, to sweeping broken glass off the dance floor.. she was everything we wanted/needed and then some!! If you want support and guidance he ought the entire process Katie os the perfect person for you.

Alex · Married on 09/03/2016

Katie was incredible from start to finish! She was efficient, gave great direction and always maintained a positive attitude. I would highly recommend this vendor to anyone! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Festivities Wedding and Event Planner's reply:

Alex and Nick, Thank you for your nice review. It was such a pleasure working with both of you and your families. You are an amazing couple and I wish you many years of happiness.
  • Y

Yudi · Married on 07/23/2016

My husband and I had a destination wedding at Cornell campus, so you can imagine how hard it was to do a long-distance wedding planing (we arrived 3 days before our wedding). Katie and her assistant did a fantastic job before and in our wedding day (even though we had to Skype most of the planing sessions) ! We couldn't be happier to hire them! Katie provided us with such a great service in a very reasonable price. She is sweet, patient, thoughtful, reliable and serious about her job. She was very considerable in our consulting sessions and she provided lots of valuable suggestions. She also took initiative in contacting our vendors and visiting our wedding place (and sent us lots of pictures). In our wedding day, I felt so much less stressed as soon as I saw Katie's smile. My husband and I would not be so relaxed and would not enjoyed our wedding day so much without their helps! We highly recommend Katie for anyone who want to really enjoy their wedding day !

Sent on 08/02/2016

Festivities Wedding and Event Planner's reply:

Yudi and Joe, Thank you so much for your nice review. It truly was a pleasure working with both of you. I am so happy you were satisfied with our services. Whenever you visit Ithaca again, please contact us. Keep in touch! Katie

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/25/2016

Katie was one of the best decisions when making wedding arrangements! She was always a text, phone call, or email away! She really did what ever she needed to, to make our day easier! I am very grateful for her and Mandy!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Festivities Wedding and Event Planner's reply:

Kaitlyn and Chauncey, thank you for your review. It was such a pleasure working with you and your family. I remember the day I met you and was so excited when you hired me because I knew how special your love for each other was. Congratulations! Please keep in touch.

Kathleene · Married on 06/20/2016

We hired Katie to cover all the little issues and help us keep it true to what we wanted with family pressure on all sides. Katie went way above that. She helped in so many ways, from looking over our contracts to making sure I could dance in my dress!! I am still finding out about little things she solved without me even knowing there was an issue. If you are on the fence, get Festivities. They saved me so much stress, and I was able to enjoy every minute of our day!

Sent on 07/04/2016

Festivities Wedding and Event Planner's reply:

Katie and Konrad, thank you so much for your review. It was such a pleasure working with you and your family. I am glad you were happy with our services. Please keep in touch!

Sara · Married on 09/12/2015

Katie was fantastic. My husband and I hired her as a wedding day coordinator and my only regret is that we didn't hire her sooner. She was warm, friendly, professional and full of ideas. Our venue was outdoors and it poured rain on our wedding day; Katie made sure that everything was beautiful and ran smoothly despite the uncooperative weather. She was a pleasure to work with in the days leading up to the wedding and on the day of, and we felt completely confident leaving details in her hands. In the weeks since our wedding, many of our friends and family have also said what a wonderful job she did. We were so grateful for her help, and couldn't have been happier. Thanks, Katie!!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Festivities Wedding and Event Planner's reply:

Thank you Sara for the nice review. It was such a pleasure working with you, Galen and all your families. You are a beautiful couple and I wish you many years of happiness. If you are ever coming through the area, please let me know. I would love to see you again.

Beth · Married on 09/05/2015

At first we thought we didn't need a wedding coordinator, but Angela entered a contest and won Katie's services for the day. Let me say I don't know what we would have done without her! She and her assistant, Mandy, were so professional and helpful at our rehearsal and on the wedding day,
    Katie got us where we needed to be and when we needed to be there! Our family tends to run a little late and even tho we were behind schedule 15 min or so, none of our guests knew. Everything flowed and came together beautifully! We had a few small glitches at reception but Katie was on top of it and handled it and no one was the wiser.
    She really goes above and beyond to make your wedding day perfect!
    I feel like I made a good friend and would recommend Katie to anyone planning a wedding. So friendly, knoweledgeable and fun!
    Thank you Katie for helping give our daughter, Angela her fairytale wedding!
    Beth & Frank

Sent on 09/09/2015

Festivities Wedding and Event Planner's reply:

Thank you Beth and Frank for writing such a nice review. I truly appreciate it. It was a pleasure working with Angela and Jim and all of your family. You made us feel like part of your family.

Angela · Married on 09/05/2015

I am the girl who dreamed about my wedding since I was a kid so when the time came to start planning I knew it would be beneficial to have a wedding planner but I was struggling with my budget so I wasn't sure I could make it happen. I happened to see a contest for a day of coordinator and decided to take a chance and I won.
    From the moment that we met Katie she made us feel so comfortable. I had alot of ideas but not alot of organization and over 7 months Katie met with us regularly to help with ideas and planning out all the small details of the day. These meetings often ended up with us chatting with Katie about many different conversations and going into our special day we felt a friendship with Katie.
    Well... even with everything I thought I knew about weddings I was not fully prepared for the wedding day. Katie and her assistant, Mandy helped with everything from decorating the reception site to checking in on us to make sure we were ok and managing our time as well as handling all of the issues that came up.
    And there were many. I had no idea going in how many things can go wrong and how fast- from losing our best man and keeping our guests occupied for the 45 minutes we were waiting to enter our reception, the cake being hours late, the venue wanting us to end an hour earlier than we planned. I'm sure there's more. Katie and Mandy handled all of the issues and our guests didn't realize anything was wrong. They worked hard to keep us calm during these issues as well and I fully trusted that they would make sure everything was ok. I would not have been able to handle these things on my own and I would have been stressed out and not gotten to enjoy this special day.
    Now I can't imagine not hiring Festivities for a party. If i had to go back and do it again Festivities would be my number 1 priority when considering my budget and I'd figure everything else out around that. I will recommend Katie and Mandy to anyone I know that is getting married. Thank you!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Festivities Wedding and Event Planner's reply:

Thank you Angela for such a nice review! It was a pleasure coordinating your wedding. You both are very special people and have wonderful families who made Mandy and I feel like family. I am so happy you won our True Love Valentine contest, because I saw the love you share at your wedding and it definitely is True Love! Please stay in touch.

Katie · Married on 08/29/2015

Hire Katie Legg at Festive Planning. That's the best advice that I can give you.
    We hired her as a wedding coordinator after the woman we had originally hired quit unexpectedly just before we had scheduled a walk-through with the venue and caterers. For us, this was a massive inconvenience as our venue is a ~5 hour drive from where we live so rescheduling is no easy feat. Katie Legg stepped in on a few days' notice and we immediately realized that this was a far better situation than our original coordinator. Katie was such a pleasure to work with. She is so positive, so organized and so trustworthy. My husband and I immediately felt more at ease after bringing her on to help. She has a lot of great experience so we knew that we could rely on her opinions for the flow of the evening, order of events, timing of transportation, handling sticky family dynamics, setting up decorations, and all of the little things that we would have no way of knowing how to best deal with. Honestly, she is one of those people who is so warm and comforting and kind but would have no problem laying down the law when it comes to an unruly vendor. She is the woman who you want in your corner on your wedding day.
    Hire her! You will not regret it.

Sent on 09/03/2015

Festivities Wedding and Event Planner's reply:

Thank you Katie and Brad for your review. It was truly a pleasure working with both of you. I am going to miss talking with you on a regular basis. Please keep in touch!
  • W

Whittney · Married on 07/18/2015

WOW! What an amazing wedding we had, thanks to Katie and her team. I consider myself a very organized person, but took my friend's advice and hired a wedding planner to take care of "last minute issues." Katie and her team did WAY MORE than "last minute" problems. She was there from the minute I hired vendors to review their contracts, to wedding timeline planning, to decorating the venue, to the clean up of the wedding night and much more. Also, more importantly, she was able to quickly problem solve and handle wedding day issues with finesse, making perfect decisions on my husband and I's behalf, allowing us to have a very enjoyable day. I did not realize I would have needed that much help, which is why I am so so so thankful I hired Katie.
    Our event comprised of approximately 200 people at an outdoor state park venue. It was very much a barebones venue, but looked beautiful after Katie and her team decorated it.
    Ladies, if you think you can handle a large scale event, stay calm, collected, and actually enjoy the day, you are wrong. Do yourself and your groom a favor and hire Katie.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Festivities Wedding and Event Planner's reply:

Thank you Whittney for such a nice review. It was a pleasure working with you and Mike. You are a beautiful couple and a lot of fun. Out of all the weddings I have done, you had the best Bridal Party announcements with the Bay Watch theme song. Everyone was fun to watch. I will miss talking to you regularly and hope when you are back in the Finger Lakes area for one of your weekend getaways that we can get together.

Amanda · Married on 06/14/2014

What can I say about Katie and Festivities.. I absolutely loved working with Katie. She was amazing throughout our entire wedding planning. I truly do not know what I would have done without her. She made the wedding planning experience so easy and relaxing. Our special day was calm and so special, all because of Katie and her team.

I can't thank Katie enough!!

Handled last minute changes quickly and professionally!!!

Sonia · Married on 08/21/2011

Katie from Festivities Wedding and Event Planner was a pleasure to work with. She was very accommodating to all our needs and requests, and she was professional! Katie was able to do everything we asked of her during the planning process. The day of the wedding, she kept things running very smoothly. Her and her staff catered the event. She was amazing when I had meatballs on my white wedding dress and was able to get the stain treated. I truly enjoyed working with Katie and would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding.

Anything you want to make your occasion special Katie will be sure to meet those standards!! Even if something arises beyond anyone's control she's the perfect one to fix it without any hesitation. VERY PROFESSIONAL!! :-)

Cheryl · Married on 07/31/2011

Everything looked beautiful and ran smoothly! Very friendly and easy to work with and at the same time very professional!

Laura · Married on 07/31/2011

I would highly recommend Katie for your wedding organizer. She pays attention to even the smallest details. When she told us that it was her job to make sure we never even knew when things were not going quite as planned, she was not kidding. She made it such a worry free day. We were able to just enjoy our daughters wedding day and not fret over the details of it all. . We cannot sing her praises enough.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Festivities Wedding and Event Planner's reply:

Thank you Laura for your review. It was a pleasure working with you, Jessica and Chris on their wedding. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be part of their special day.

Stephanie · Married on 06/03/2017

Katie and her team were wonderful to work with. Leading up to the wedding Katie was always in touch helping us through logistics and offering vendors when asked. On site and the day of the wedding, I didn't have to worry about anything going on. Katie had everything under control and if anything came up she was sure to take care of it without bothering me. I really enjoyed being able to relax that morning and not worry about what was happening. It was a pleasure working with her team and I would definitely recommend them to other brides!