26 Reviews for Ferrante's Lakeview

Liquor License (1)
Centerpieces (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
26 Ferrante's Lakeview Reviews

We were very happy with our experience in working with Cindy and Suzie. Our guests enjoyed the Lakeside Room as much as we did! The guests loved being able to walk outside to the gazebo, sit at the outdoor tables or stroll along the path around the lake. We chose to use wild flower centerpieces; Cindy and Suzie complimented the room with their decor, napkins and our favors. Our guests also told us that they loved the food! We would have another event here for sure! Maybe our next class reunion!

Photo for Ferrante's Lakeview Review - Our colors were coral and blue with wild flowers.
Photo for Ferrante's Lakeview Review - Our cake was decorated with wild flowers.
Photo for Ferrante's Lakeview Review - Our first dance!
Photo for Ferrante's Lakeview Review - Cutting the cake!
Profile Picture Peggy, 6/30/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor
2.5

Cindy and Suzy were never rude to me or unprofessional in my presence, but, after I hired my own wedding planner against their suggestion (because I had tried meeting with them to go over my wedding details and they always said "we'll get to it when the time comes", well it was 2 months before my wedding and I didn't know when "that time" was coming, I need to know what I'm doing) they seemed to kind of take revenge. They fought my planner EVERY STEP of the way. They were really hard to work with. They will not let you bring basically anything of your own into their venue, it all has to be bought through them. They will try and "up-charge" you for anything they can think of. They also tried changing my bill a few days before my wedding after they had sent me my FINAL bill and then lied to my face about it. Fortunately, my planner had the email they sent her saying that they were going to change the bill. They were trying to charge me for more people than I had told them and I literally had to hand write my guest list out and number it real big so they got the idea that the final amount of people that i told them I had, was correct and there was no reason to change my bill days before my wedding. But, again, they denied trying to change it anyhow, when in reality and the email proof, they did. They seem like each other doesn't know what the other is doing or what they've talked to you about prior. It was pretty stressful. I'm glad I had my wedding planner to talk to them and take on most of the stress for me. The food was alright, but not anything amazing. The bartender did a great job and we over-tipped him because he earned it. They did give us a beautiful wedding at the end of the day, but I would not recommend them simply because of the stress they caused me. Maybe new management that's a little more flexible and not so set in their cookie-cutter-wedding ways?

Profile Picture Chaz, 5/26/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Altar/Arches, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Covered Outdoor

Our daughter and her husband held their wedding reception at Ferrante's Lakeview on September 23, 2017. It was an exceptional experience from the very first visit through the end of the event. Cindy and Suzie guided us through the entire planning process with professional advice. Everything went very smoothly. No surprises. Guests raved about the food. Plenty of room between tables and for dancing. Sit down dinners were served hot, on time and quickly. Lakeview provide all of the extras that we needed. Gazebo was perfect for outdoor pictures. Can't say enough about Lakeview and the staff.

Profile Picture Larry, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

We didn't do a tasting but had a buffet. Food was excellent! Everyone raved about it. The day of the event Suzy and Cindy were involved and very professional and courteous throughout the whole reception. Beautiful venue! And it was really nice to have the bar separated (Crystal Room) and dj had a cubby off the side of the dance floor so no guests had to deal with speakers too close to them.

Profile Picture Adrienne, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My now husband and I chose Ferrante's Lakeview as our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception venue and we are totally pleased! We live 3 hours away in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area, so we only came twice in person to go over details and what not. The rest, we did via E-Mail with Suzie. They provided mostly everything we needed at a very affordable cost! I was a little worried about the location being so close to a main road-but the gazebo area was kind of isolated away from it all, and I didn't even notice! Plus, our pictures had a great backdrop :). Suzie and Cindy were very helpful with everything, and the whole wedding went without a hitch! I highly recommend this venue for anyone who's getting married!

Profile Picture Abigail, 9/3/16, 3 Reviews
4.7

they work very close with you to assure every detail is perfect . The night of the wedding they were both there from beginning to end and it was perfect .

Profile Picture Ellie, 6/11/16, 1 Review
4.7

I had my wedding reception of 70 people at Lakeview. The food was excellent! Everyone was easy to work with. When I was a few months out, I had some issues with responsiveness; however, it was during the Christmas season and they were very busy. They did apologize for the delay. Despite the delayed communication, they were flexible with the due dates and very informative at every step. They made sure the decorations I provided were going to the right places in the room and they also provided some of their own decorations, which made it much easier on me! They even helped bring the boxes out at the end of the night. The price and value was excellent and I loved that so much was included. I had the buffet and there was plenty of food and even some left over for us to take home. Everyone loved the food and venue and many of my guests would like to consider Lakeview for their future events.

Profile Picture Laura, 4/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Tables, Indoor

Cindy & Suzy made sure everything was picture perfect for our day!! The amount of emails I bombarded them with that they so graciously always replied with some humor to distress me during the journey. The food was excellent- we chose buffet and everyone loved having there own choices of food. We also had 4 flavors of cupcakes that the wait staff served to the tables taking the cupcake display off my list as well! The staff was all so friendly and accommodating thru the nite up until we walked out with the last trays of cookies. The nite was perfect and we are so thankful for such a well managed evening leaving 0 issues for the bride and groom as it should be!

Profile Picture Toothman, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Dress & Attire
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Indoor, Parking, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar

Our daughter and son-in-law left us two months to plan a very nice wedding at this facility. A friend of mine recommended this venue as she had been there before. My daughter and her mother-in-law stopped past and booked it that night. We had a wonderful time and everyone was very pleased. I think some of the pricing for the vendors, i.e. photographer and DJ, should be lower than the package cost. Maybe provide club sandwiches for them instead of a full meal. Overall, we had no complaints from anyone about the food or service.

Profile Picture Tracy, 8/7/15, 1 Review
4.7

They were very helpful every step of the way. The food was outstanding, and they made sure everything went according to plan.

Profile Picture Roberto, 12/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Very professional! Cindy and Suzy are great to work with! The food was amazing!

Profile Picture Cindy, 9/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter's wedding was wonderful. Susie and Cindy were great to work with. They made us feel as though we had the only wedding that year. They know what they are doing and made us feel welcome and comfortable. The food was tasty and everyone remarked how good it was. The staff was pleasant and always smiling and it showed that they enjoyed their work. Jeff and Jason were the bartenders and they were pleasant and fun with everyone. I would highly recommend Lakeview to anyone having a wedding.

Profile Picture robert, 8/9/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words cannot describe how wonderful of a wedding we had at Lakeview! They were so friendly, professional, knew exactly what we wanted. Our wedding was held in the Riveria Room and it was like we were in an amazing dream! They transformed that room into exactly what we wanted and more!!! Very affordable, classy, elegant, and family geared! Also was very convenient to have a beautiful lake and gazebo to take pictures at! Makes it a little more simple and time saving if your ceremony is some where different! Also is very easy to get to guests had no problem! 5 stars for us!

Profile Picture Renee, 6/21/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We can not say thanks enough to the staff at Lakeview, especially Cindy. The professionalism respect an courtesy we received throughout was more than tremendous an the food was remarkable.

Profile Picture User3989849, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our reception at Lakeview in October of 2013. We had a very large wedding and were limited on facilities in the area. Lakeview was large enough to accommodate our crowd and they were also the cheapest formal reception facility in the area. Our guest had nothing but compliments from the food to the service and the facilities. I sewed burlap table runners for all the tables and the staff did a beautiful job decorating. We were given the option to extend our reception past the 5 hours, which we did with no hassle. I was very satisfied with their services from beginning to end. My only complaint is I had to supply the plates or napkins for the cookie tables. All the plates were opened and set out. Most of the plates were not used but since they were opened they cannot be returned. Also the cookies had to be trayed at home. I would have payed for someone else to do this if given the opportunity. All in all if I had it to do over again I would book this place in a heart beat!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/19/13, 6 Reviews
4.3

Beautiful wedding ceremony at the gazebo. The only complaint would be they need a better "carpet" for the bride to walk down.

Reception was great a bit short would have liked it to be longer. Good food, room was beautiful, they set up everything for you. Linens were a bit pricey but they were worth it.

Profile Picture User3430338, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
4.1

They did a great job, but there were a few things they wouldnt let me do .

Profile Picture User2364491, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding reception at Lakeview this past Saturday and everything turned out to be more than I could hope for. We reserved the Crystal Room and it was beautiful! We had a sit down dinner for almost 200 people and from the time the first plate reached our table the last person was served less than 20 minutes later and everything was so delicious and hot. They helped us plan everything from specialty drinks to the way our room was laid out. We had a candy buffet and almost 40 dozen cookies which they set up beautifully. Would strongly recommend this to anyone. They also sent us a beautiful piece of crystal for our wedding gift.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/14/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
2.2

The phone is the ONLY way to get a hold of them and you have to call multiple times since they only have one line. There are only two women who are able to answer your questions so if they're both busy the phone will ring and ring and ring. I wish they had email for this reason.

They have children's meals for kids 10 and under but anyone older than that has to have an adult meal. They did offer me an adult chicken tender's meal which was nice BUT they charged me the same price as their lowest priced option even though I know chicken tenders are so much cheaper. And open bar is included in their price but they offer no discounts for those under 21 who will not be drinking. Their appetizers are overpriced and the meals themselves are so-so. We had the fillet with portebello mushroom but they just had a small mushroom cap (like a white mushroom) on top, it was not a portobello like you're led to believe.

Their price for chair covers is insane. You can buy them for cheaper than what they rent them for you for but they won't let you bring in outside linens.

Their regular bar package is so basic that it's disgusting. We had a lot of complaints about how poor the quality of the liquor being "like we were back in college" cheap. The wine was in large gallon jugs. It was good but not what we were expecting.

They cut and served the cake with no fee which was wonderful especially since we had multiple cakes.

My final complaint is that they gave you no option to extend your 5 hour reception. We tried asking about closing the bar during dinner (rude I know but we wanted more time) and they were going to charge us a fee to do that but they wouldn't offer us an amount to extend the bar instead of getting rid of it. They also wouldn't close the bar and just let the DJ remain for an hour for any fee. They want you in and out in that 5 hours.

They do have beautiful grounds there and we got some AMAZING pictures outside. Doesn't out way the negatives though.

Profile Picture User2655989, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding reception at Lakeview and the entire experience from planning up until that day was perfect. Cindy and Suzie made the whole process of planning very easy and stress-free. They were always available to help me out throughout the planning process. They even went out of their way to special order decorations that matched my color specifically. The room was beautifully decorated to match my color and the food was amazing. All of our guests couldn't stop talking about how nice of a reception it was and how they all had such a wonderful time. I would highly recommend Lakeview for anyone searching for a reception hall for their wedding or any event in the future.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was truly beautiful!! They knew exactly what we wanted and did it. Everything went smoothly we never had any issues. The only thing bad I would say is that they are overall very affordable, but when it comes to the linens, they are very expensive and you have to use the service they choose. Other than that they are absolutely amazing and I would definitely recommend this venue to other brides.

Profile Picture Chad, 5/21/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thrown together very quickly, were very flexible and reasonable. Did a great job on short notice.

Profile Picture J, 5/8/10, 1 Review
4.2

Overall, our reception was great. Lakeview does a great job from the initial consultation to menu planning, setting up & decorations and keeping everything running smoothly. Their prices are quite reasonable, and the lake and banquet rooms are beautiful.

Overall, I would recommend Lakeview, but we did have a few hiccups. Our wedding party arrived a bit later than planned, and we originally arranged to get some pictures outside by the lake before dinner. The coordinator rushed us and made it known that we were late and that we needed to hurry in getting the pictures done. In the end, we only got bride and groom pictures rather than the entire wedding party as planned, and I am disappointed about that. Surely, they have dealt with people running late before, as they have been doing weddings for years and years!

It was also kind of unfortunate that they do not let your reception go past 10 PM. I think most people would be willing to pay extra to have it run another hour or two. It seemed the groom and I had finished the traditional stuff (first dance, garter, bouquet, etc.) and were finally able to enjoy our guests, and it was 10:00 already.

As far as food, we got some mixed reviews from guests- some loved it and some thought it wasn't very good. I guess you can't keep EVERYONE happy though. The groom and I thought it was good.

All and all, I would recommend Lakeview.

Profile Picture Jen, 9/12/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Lakeview is the best reception venue for the price in Westmoreland County! The staff is very good at answering and questions you may have and preparing you for the biggest day of your life! They set-up your favors, guestbook, cookies, etc. for you. And the venue is so beautiful you don't have to worry about calling in a separate decorator - and it makes for beautiful pictures (inside and out!) The food was also great and the price was great! My husband and I couldn't have been happier.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/27/09, 5 Reviews