Ferrante's Lakeview Reviews

26 Reviews for Ferrante's Lakeview

26 Ferrante's Lakeview Reviews
  • Peggy

Peggy · Married on 06/30/2018

We were very happy with our experience in working with Cindy and Suzie. Our guests enjoyed the Lakeside Room as much as we did! The guests loved being able to walk outside to the gazebo, sit at the outdoor tables or stroll along the path around the lake. We chose to use wild flower centerpieces; Cindy and Suzie complimented the room with their decor, napkins and our favors. Our guests also told us that they loved the food! We would have another event here for sure! Maybe our next class reunion!

Ferrante's Lakeview 9
    Ferrante's Lakeview 10
    Ferrante's Lakeview 11
    Ferrante's Lakeview 12

Larry · Married on 09/23/2017

Our daughter and her husband held their wedding reception at Ferrante's Lakeview on September 23, 2017. It was an exceptional experience from the very first visit through the end of the event. Cindy and Suzie guided us through the entire planning process with professional advice. Everything went very smoothly. No surprises. Guests raved about the food. Plenty of room between tables and for dancing. Sit down dinners were served hot, on time and quickly. Lakeview provide all of the extras that we needed. Gazebo was perfect for outdoor pictures. Can't say enough about Lakeview and the staff.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Ferrante's Lakeview's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review. It was a pleasure hosting you wedding. The bride and groom were a great couple and it was enjoyed by all!.

Adrienne · Married on 09/17/2016

We didn't do a tasting but had a buffet. Food was excellent! Everyone raved about it. The day of the event Suzy and Cindy were involved and very professional and courteous throughout the whole reception. Beautiful venue! And it was really nice to have the bar separated (Crystal Room) and dj had a cubby off the side of the dance floor so no guests had to deal with speakers too close to them.

Sent on 10/02/2016

Ferrante's Lakeview's reply:

Dear Adrienne: Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was such a delight to help you plan your wedding. You were a beautiful bride and all your guests had a great time! Keep in touch.

Toothman · Married on 10/17/2015

Cindy & Suzy made sure everything was picture perfect for our day!! The amount of emails I bombarded them with that they so graciously always replied with some humor to distress me during the journey. The food was excellent- we chose buffet and everyone loved having there own choices of food. We also had 4 flavors of cupcakes that the wait staff served to the tables taking the cupcake display off my list as well! The staff was all so friendly and accommodating thru the nite up until we walked out with the last trays of cookies. The nite was perfect and we are so thankful for such a well managed evening leaving 0 issues for the bride and groom as it should be!

Cindy · Married on 09/12/2014

Very professional! Cindy and Suzy are great to work with! The food was amazing!

robert · Married on 08/09/2014

My daughter's wedding was wonderful. Susie and Cindy were great to work with. They made us feel as though we had the only wedding that year. They know what they are doing and made us feel welcome and comfortable. The food was tasty and everyone remarked how good it was. The staff was pleasant and always smiling and it showed that they enjoyed their work. Jeff and Jason were the bartenders and they were pleasant and fun with everyone. I would highly recommend Lakeview to anyone having a wedding.

Renee · Married on 06/21/2014

Words cannot describe how wonderful of a wedding we had at Lakeview! They were so friendly, professional, knew exactly what we wanted. Our wedding was held in the Riveria Room and it was like we were in an amazing dream! They transformed that room into exactly what we wanted and more!!! Very affordable, classy, elegant, and family geared! Also was very convenient to have a beautiful lake and gazebo to take pictures at! Makes it a little more simple and time saving if your ceremony is some where different! Also is very easy to get to guests had no problem! 5 stars for us!

We can not say thanks enough to the staff at Lakeview, especially Cindy. The professionalism respect an courtesy we received throughout was more than tremendous an the food was remarkable.

Stephanie · Married on 07/14/2012

We had our wedding reception at Lakeview this past Saturday and everything turned out to be more than I could hope for. We reserved the Crystal Room and it was beautiful! We had a sit down dinner for almost 200 people and from the time the first plate reached our table the last person was served less than 20 minutes later and everything was so delicious and hot. They helped us plan everything from specialty drinks to the way our room was laid out. We had a candy buffet and almost 40 dozen cookies which they set up beautifully. Would strongly recommend this to anyone. They also sent us a beautiful piece of crystal for our wedding gift.

Jennifer · Married on 04/21/2012

I had my wedding reception at Lakeview and the entire experience from planning up until that day was perfect. Cindy and Suzie made the whole process of planning very easy and stress-free. They were always available to help me out throughout the planning process. They even went out of their way to special order decorations that matched my color specifically. The room was beautifully decorated to match my color and the food was amazing. All of our guests couldn't stop talking about how nice of a reception it was and how they all had such a wonderful time. I would highly recommend Lakeview for anyone searching for a reception hall for their wedding or any event in the future.

J · Married on 05/08/2010

Thrown together very quickly, were very flexible and reasonable. Did a great job on short notice.

Ashley · Married on 06/27/2009

Lakeview is the best reception venue for the price in Westmoreland County! The staff is very good at answering and questions you may have and preparing you for the biggest day of your life! They set-up your favors, guestbook, cookies, etc. for you. And the venue is so beautiful you don't have to worry about calling in a separate decorator - and it makes for beautiful pictures (inside and out!) The food was also great and the price was great! My husband and I couldn't have been happier.

Jennifer · Married on 05/10/2008

The lakeview and staff were absolutley great!! We had a beatiful day thanks to this venue. Perfect outside location and great servie from the whoel team
    Thanks

Amanda · Married on 10/19/2013

My husband and I had our reception at Lakeview in October of 2013. We had a very large wedding and were limited on facilities in the area. Lakeview was large enough to accommodate our crowd and they were also the cheapest formal reception facility in the area. Our guest had nothing but compliments from the food to the service and the facilities. I sewed burlap table runners for all the tables and the staff did a beautiful job decorating. We were given the option to extend our reception past the 5 hours, which we did with no hassle. I was very satisfied with their services from beginning to end. My only complaint is I had to supply the plates or napkins for the cookie tables. All the plates were opened and set out. Most of the plates were not used but since they were opened they cannot be returned. Also the cookies had to be trayed at home. I would have payed for someone else to do this if given the opportunity. All in all if I had it to do over again I would book this place in a heart beat!

• Chad

Chad · Married on 05/21/2011

Our wedding was truly beautiful!! They knew exactly what we wanted and did it. Everything went smoothly we never had any issues. The only thing bad I would say is that they are overall very affordable, but when it comes to the linens, they are very expensive and you have to use the service they choose. Other than that they are absolutely amazing and I would definitely recommend this venue to other brides.

Ellie · Married on 06/11/2016

3.5

they work very close with you to assure every detail is perfect . The night of the wedding they were both there from beginning to end and it was perfect .

Laura · Married on 04/09/2016

I had my wedding reception of 70 people at Lakeview. The food was excellent! Everyone was easy to work with. When I was a few months out, I had some issues with responsiveness; however, it was during the Christmas season and they were very busy. They did apologize for the delay. Despite the delayed communication, they were flexible with the due dates and very informative at every step. They made sure the decorations I provided were going to the right places in the room and they also provided some of their own decorations, which made it much easier on me! They even helped bring the boxes out at the end of the night. The price and value was excellent and I loved that so much was included. I had the buffet and there was plenty of food and even some left over for us to take home. Everyone loved the food and venue and many of my guests would like to consider Lakeview for their future events.

Roberto · Married on 12/13/2014

They were very helpful every step of the way. The food was outstanding, and they made sure everything went according to plan.

Tracy · Married on 08/07/2015

Our daughter and son-in-law left us two months to plan a very nice wedding at this facility. A friend of mine recommended this venue as she had been there before. My daughter and her mother-in-law stopped past and booked it that night. We had a wonderful time and everyone was very pleased. I think some of the pricing for the vendors, i.e. photographer and DJ, should be lower than the package cost. Maybe provide club sandwiches for them instead of a full meal. Overall, we had no complaints from anyone about the food or service.

Abigail · Married on 09/03/2016

2.5

My now husband and I chose Ferrante's Lakeview as our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception venue and we are totally pleased! We live 3 hours away in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area, so we only came twice in person to go over details and what not. The rest, we did via E-Mail with Suzie. They provided mostly everything we needed at a very affordable cost! I was a little worried about the location being so close to a main road-but the gazebo area was kind of isolated away from it all, and I didn't even notice! Plus, our pictures had a great backdrop :). Suzie and Cindy were very helpful with everything, and the whole wedding went without a hitch! I highly recommend this venue for anyone who's getting married!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Ferrante's Lakeview's reply:

Dear Abigail: It was a pleasure working with you in planning your wedding. So glad you were happy with the venue, food and Gazebo Ceremony. Keep in touch, we love hearing from our brides! Suzie and Cindy

4.2
      3.5

Beautiful wedding ceremony at the gazebo. The only complaint would be they need a better "carpet" for the bride to walk down.

Reception was great a bit short would have liked it to be longer. Good food, room was beautiful, they set up everything for you. Linens were a bit pricey but they were worth it.

Jen · Married on 09/12/2009

4.2
      3.0

Overall, our reception was great. Lakeview does a great job from the initial consultation to menu planning, setting up & decorations and keeping everything running smoothly. Their prices are quite reasonable, and the lake and banquet rooms are beautiful.

Overall, I would recommend Lakeview, but we did have a few hiccups. Our wedding party arrived a bit later than planned, and we originally arranged to get some pictures outside by the lake before dinner. The coordinator rushed us and made it known that we were late and that we needed to hurry in getting the pictures done. In the end, we only got bride and groom pictures rather than the entire wedding party as planned, and I am disappointed about that. Surely, they have dealt with people running late before, as they have been doing weddings for years and years!

It was also kind of unfortunate that they do not let your reception go past 10 PM. I think most people would be willing to pay extra to have it run another hour or two. It seemed the groom and I had finished the traditional stuff (first dance, garter, bouquet, etc.) and were finally able to enjoy our guests, and it was 10:00 already.

As far as food, we got some mixed reviews from guests- some loved it and some thought it wasn't very good. I guess you can't keep EVERYONE happy though. The groom and I thought it was good.

All and all, I would recommend Lakeview.

3.5

They did a great job, but there were a few things they wouldnt let me do .

• Chaz

Chaz · Married on 05/26/2018

2.4
      0.5
      3.0

Cindy and Suzy were never rude to me or unprofessional in my presence, but, after I hired my own wedding planner against their suggestion (because I had tried meeting with them to go over my wedding details and they always said "we'll get to it when the time comes", well it was 2 months before my wedding and I didn't know when "that time" was coming, I need to know what I'm doing) they seemed to kind of take revenge. They fought my planner EVERY STEP of the way. They were really hard to work with. They will not let you bring basically anything of your own into their venue, it all has to be bought through them. They will try and "up-charge" you for anything they can think of. They also tried changing my bill a few days before my wedding after they had sent me my FINAL bill and then lied to my face about it. Fortunately, my planner had the email they sent her saying that they were going to change the bill. They were trying to charge me for more people than I had told them and I literally had to hand write my guest list out and number it real big so they got the idea that the final amount of people that i told them I had, was correct and there was no reason to change my bill days before my wedding. But, again, they denied trying to change it anyhow, when in reality and the email proof, they did. They seem like each other doesn't know what the other is doing or what they've talked to you about prior. It was pretty stressful. I'm glad I had my wedding planner to talk to them and take on most of the stress for me. The food was alright, but not anything amazing. The bartender did a great job and we over-tipped him because he earned it. They did give us a beautiful wedding at the end of the day, but I would not recommend them simply because of the stress they caused me. Maybe new management that's a little more flexible and not so set in their cookie-cutter-wedding ways?

Sent on 06/18/2018

Ferrante's Lakeview's reply:

We are happy that you had a beautiful wedding and enjoyed your day. We pride ourselves in being professional wedding consultants. The misunderstanding on the bill was that the number of guests did not match the number of seats on your floor plan which was forwarded to us from your wedding planner. We did email the wedding planner to try to get this straightened out since every seat must have a meal. We were not trying to add anything onto your final bill. As for bringing items into Lakeview, we permit you to bring in many items, as you did.