Femme Akoi Beauty Studio Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Haley
    Haley H. Getting married on 04/03/2023

Hire them if you want a great and stress-free experience

I hired Femme Akoi for my elopement and it was a great decision. Their prices are fair but you definitely pay for great quality work. We had some issues about where exactly I would be getting ready (check-in issues at the hotel) and they were really flexible! My makeup and hair were exactly what I wanted. Hire them!
  • Matalie
    Matalie W. Getting married on 11/10/2021

Best Wedding Hair & Makeup!

Best wedding day hair and makeup! Monica and Grissel were amazing! Monica did my hair and makeup for the wedding day and both her and Grissel did my bridesmaids and mom's hair and makeup. Both Monica and Grissel were on time, professional, fun and were the best hair/makeup team my bridesmaids and I have ever worked with! All of our hair and makeup stayed perfect throughout the ceremony, photos, and reception, which is saying something given the FL humidity! I can't say enough how great my experience with Femme Akoi has been.

Femme Akoi Beauty Studio's reply:

Hooorayyyyy we are SO happy to hear that! Best news ever 😍😍😍😍 hope your day was amazing!! Can’t wait to show them this ❤️
    Brooke F. Getting married on 10/04/2021

The Perfect Team!

My experience with FemmeAkoi on my wedding day was perfect. They were so easy to contact via e-mail. The trial was perfect and they did exactly what I asked and envisioned for my wedding day. Everything was smooth and stress free. They made me feel beautiful. I would 100% recommend them to anyone getting married!

Thank you all so much!

Femme Akoi Beauty Studio's reply:

Yayyy thank you so much!! We had tons of fun with you all!! You looked so gorgeous!! Hope you had a magical time!
  • Asone
    Asone P. Married on 09/05/2021

Monica is the Best!

Monica was such a dream to work with!!! The colors she chose complimented my face and my wedding dress so perfectly. My makeup looked great in the photos and I was just really pleased with the whole experience. Casey also did a beautiful job with the bridesmaids and moms. We all looked absolutely flawless! Makeup lasted ALL day without an issue. I highly recommend Femme Akoi. You won’t be disappointed!!!
  • Christina
    Christina J. Married on 06/26/2021

June wedding in Florida

Teresa did an amazing job! She had my family and me to do hair and makeup so she was a one woman army! She was fun and funny and sweet and so pro! Thank you, Teresa! And to Femme Akoi for the great process online for messaging and booking. Super easy and quick.

Femme Akoi Beauty Studio's reply:

Yay! That’s so great! Teresa is a powerhouse pro! We love her! Thank you for the kind review! I can’t wait to show her!
  • Kaylene
    Kaylene A. Married on 06/07/2021

Heiss Wedding

Thank you to the whole Femme Akoi team for making myself along with my bridesmaid feel and look so beautiful on my wedding day. It truly was such a special day and all the girls loved how their hair and makeup turned out. A special thank you to Christine, Sofia Ana, and Melanie for being so sweet and glamming us up and making up feel like supermodels ! Thank you, from the bottom of my heart

Femme Akoi Beauty Studio's reply:

Yayyyy this is the sweetest! Thank you so much for the kind words, it means so much! We loved being there on your wedding day!! You and your gals looked gorgeous!!
  • Sarah
    Sarah A. Married on 05/30/2021

The BEST Makeup team!

I cannot say enough kind things about Femme Akoi. My makeup artist Casey for my wedding was incredible- so cool and really professional. I was looking for a really glam vintage look with tons of glitter and she delivered! Grissy was also there helping work on my bridesmaids and moms and she also did an incredible job. Both were so professional and consistent and even my bridesmaids that are not big makeup people felt so comfortable and looked natural but glam. They also had about 13 people they were working through and they were quick and efficient. The staff all the way around were professional and great. Book them, you won’t regret it!
  • MELISSA
    Melissa A. Married on 05/22/2021

Amazing! Dont think twice!

I am so happy I choose Femme Akoi for my wedding day. Christine, Sofia and Ana were AMAZING! They are all so talented and so sweet!!!

Christine killed my bridal look - she is extremely talented and I highly recommend for any brides! Sofia and Ana were also amazing - all my bridesmaid were obsessed with their hair and make up! Thank you so much Femme Akoi for making all our visions come true!
    Kelli Y. Married on 05/22/2021

1000x Yes!

Run don't walk and book Lana for your wedding day hair and makeup. She is just the sweetest. I did two separate trials with Lana before my wedding day to try two different looks and she was so willing to make sure she got it right. She made sure that I was happy and calm the day of and gave me exactly what I was looking for! I just cannot say enough good things. My hair and makeup were flawless! Book her now! :)
    Jamie M. Married on 05/20/2021

Amazing and hassle free

Talk about great service that make you look and feel your best on your wedding day! The MUA "Lana" came to my hotel and performed her magic! She was so nice and kind and did an amazing job without taking a long time. I can not say enough great things about her or the team from Femmeakoi
  • Natalie
    Natalie M. Married on 05/08/2021

Amazing company

If you are looking for a company to do your wedding make-up look no further than Femme Akoi! I had an emergency and had to book them literally five days before my big day. They quickly responded, confirmed availability, got me the contract, and were very helpful along the way. The artists, Lucy and Aaliyah, were amazing. Wonderfully kind and they did amazing. Every one of my girls was raving about their make-up afterwards. They did a great job and especially on such short notice. Thank you, Femme Akoi! Your stylists killed it
  • Kaylee
    Kaylee G. Married on 05/01/2021

Ayla at Femme Aoki is the BEST

My wedding planner gave me several makeup artist companies to try out, which I decided to try Femme Aoki first and I could not be happier that I did! My makeup artist was Ayla and she was just the best! Besides being the sweetest person, she is so talented and made sure my makeup and hair was exactly what I was looking for! After my trial, we hired Ayla to do my hair and makeup for both my bridal shower and wedding, and both times she was wonderful! Ayla was so easy to work with and very responsive to any questions I had. She even gave me a bunch of recommendations for makeup products, which really shows she goes above and beyond for her clients!
    I HIGHLY recommend hiring Femme Aoki and asking for Ayla as your stylist!
    Lauren C. Married on 04/16/2021

Amazing Hair/Makeup Team!

I couldn't say enough good things about the femme akoi team! Monica does such an AMAZING job and Casey and Cassidy did as well. They were so nice to work with and were so quick and efficient. They made my wedding morning a breeze and so stress-free. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a hair and makeup team!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra L. Married on 04/16/2021

Incredible Hair & Makeup Team

Look no further for your wedding hair and makeup needs! The Femme Akoi team was truly fantastic to work with, in every way. We had three artists, Lana, Kiany and Jamie who took the most incredible care of myself and our bridal party (9 bridesmaids plus MOG, MOB) the morning of our wedding. Not only were they professional, they were fun, friendly, sweet and knew exactly what they were doing, enhancing natural beauty and individual traits versus caking on makeup and hairspray. We had plenty of time for touch ups, never any rushing, and the girls made sure we all loved our hair and makeup, going back for tweaks and providing tips and tricks for future wear. Even Kiany was so cute, while doing my makeup, guiding me through deep breathing as the excitement and day of jitters kicked in. Femme Akoi was incredible in their professionalism, personality and overall quality and value. They made all of us feel absolutely flawless and I could not be more thankful or recommend them more highly!!

Femme Akoi Beauty Studio's reply:

Yayyyyyy this is such a great review!! Thank you for sending this!! Made us smile!! Best day ever!!
    Kristina Married on 04/03/2021

Femme Akoi brought out the beauty in everyone!

The Femme Akoi Team was absolutely phenomenal. From the moment I contacted them, they were responsive and organized. When I went to my hair and makeup trial, I felt like Monica perfectly captured my vision based on the photos I had sent. On my wedding day, I felt stunning and still felt like myself. The team does a phenomenal job of enhancing natural beauty as opposed to caking on a ton of makeup. My 9 bridesmaids, mom, mother in law, officiant, and flower girl looked gorgeous. The Femme Akoi team was easy to talk to and helped us all feel comfortable. I could not recommend them enough!

Femme Akoi Beauty Studio's reply:

yayyy! So happy! thank you so much for writing this! we love our clients =) You looked amazing, we loved being a part of your special day xoxoxo
  • Devon
    Devon L. Married on 03/20/2021

Perfect hair & makeup team for the big day!

My bridal party & I really enjoyed our experience with Femme Akoi. I had gotten my hair & makeup done by various artists at Femme Akoi for different occasions leading up to my wedding day and I was very happy with how everything turned out each time. I went through a couple of different pre-wedding day hair trials as I couldn't make up my mind and the girls were amazing with using my inspiration pics to create beautiful style options for me. On the day of the wedding we had Grissel, Victoria, and Stephanie do hair and makeup for me, my bridesmaids, my mother, groom's mother, and my grandmother. Everyone looked so beautiful! The girls at Femme Akoi are also super sweet and fun to be around. I would highly recommend them for wedding day and any other important event hair & makeup services!
    Sara P. Married on 03/19/2021

Absolute perfection

Wow! Where do I even begin! The team at Femme Akoi is absolutely amazing!! Grissel did my makeup for my wedding and it turned out better than I could have ever imagined! Every guest of mine commented on how amazing my makeup looked even after dancing my butt off. Alex did my hair and WOW! She is a master in disguise when it comes to braids. I was so in love with my hair & makeup and so were my bridesmaids. They also sent Hollie (so sweet) to help out for the day (I had 10 girls to get through). Every single one of them were extremely talented and just so genuine. They made the entire process so enjoyable. I can’t thank the team at Femme Akoi enough! You will not regret choosing them for your wedding hair/makeup!

Wow!! What a review!! Truly blessed to do what we do!! Thank you for
    Taking the time to write this for the girls!!
  • Diana
    Diana S. Married on 03/14/2021

A shining star when every other vendor let us down

I cannot say enough good things about Femme Akoi and our experience with them. My daughter unfortunately experienced one of those weddings where every vendor made a mistake or let us down in some way. But Femme Akoi was head and shoulders above everyone else we used for the wedding.

The resort where we were staying screwed up the arrangements we had made for hair/makeup on the day of the wedding. It wasn't until late the day before the wedding that we were able to come up with a solution that worked, and Femme Akoi rolled with the punches and had no issues with the changes that we had to make.

On the day of the wedding, the three artists showed up promptly, set up quickly, and got us all finished ahead of schedule. Every single bridesmaid, the two mothers, and most importantly, the bride, were very pleased with the hair and makeup done by Hollie, Ayla, and Katlyn. They were friendly, fun, and true professionals. They exceeded our expectations, and I cannot recommend them enough.

What a great review!! This warms my heart!! I’m
    So glad we could be there for you and your family!! Sad other things didn’t work out as well
    Though :( thank you so much for this!!
  • Shawna
    Shawna P. Married on 02/27/2021

So Grateful for this team!

I had to switch hair and makeup professionals 1 week before my wedding. After speaking with this team for the first time I felt more relaxed and confident than I did with my other stylist for many months.

Teresa- did my hair and it stayed the entire night of sweating and dancing.
    Gressel- my makeup was flawless. All I had to do was show a picture and I was so happy with my makeup. She stayed while I read my grooms note to ensure that I did not mess up my makeup.

Kasey and Vanessa did hair and makeup for bridesmaids and they loved them!!

Femme Akoi Beauty Studio's reply:

Hooray!! We are so glad it worked out and we could
    Help you have an amazing wedding!! So beautiful!!
  • Julia
    Julia G. Married on 02/20/2021

The best hair and make up in town!

I absolutely loved my experience with Femme Akoi. I had Christine do my make-up for my wedding and she totally got my vision. I don’t like wearing a lot of make up and Christine did my make up perfectly. Not to much around the eyes but enough to look fabulous in photos. I wouldn’t have changed a thing. Although I cried a lot throughout the day, my make up stayed in place and looked flawless. Christine is so sweet and I am super grateful I was able to have her! She also did my bridesmaids and their make up looked amazing too.

Sofia did my hair and she is a dream. I have very curly hair that I blow-dry to make manageable, and my hair stayed perfectly curled and frizz-free the whole day. I gave her some ideas of photos I had seen and she did her own take on it (unique to my personality and hair) and it was beautiful. She also did my bridesmaids and my mom/mother-in-law and their hair looked incredible.

I highly recommend using Femme Akoi for your special day. They make you feel like a movie star and both take care of you and make sure you’re happy before they send you off. Thank you so much again Christine and Sofia!
  • Allison
    Allison B. Married on 02/19/2021

Best Day of My Life Thanks to Femme Akoi!

Teresa and Ana were absolutely amazing! They arrived on time. They stuck to the schedule and they were so professional! All of my bridesmaids, mother of the bride, flower girl, and myself (bride) absolutely loved our hair and make up! It was flawless, stayed through the entire day and night (in rain!) and they were able to make my wedding day the best day ever! I would absolutely recommend them to anyone who is needing their hair and/or make up done. I want to give an extra kudos to Teresa for her patience, her professionalism, and her ability to make me feel so at ease that day! Thank you Teresa and Ana!
    Danielle C. Married on 01/31/2021

Lifesavers!

I hired Femme Akoi after my previous HMUA cancelled on me about a month out from my wedding. They were so quick to respond and got me in for a trial within a week of our first contact.

Griselle was my assigned HMUA and she was a DOLL! She's so nice and made me, my mother-in-law, and mom feel so comfortable the entire time. I texted her a couple times leading up to my big day and she responded with no issue and if she was busy due to a trial or wedding, she would let me know but always get back to me within a few hours.

My wedding day was pretty windy but you wouldn't even know by looking at our hair because Griselle had it on lockdown lol! She is seriously awesome. She had all 3 of us done with time to spare, even after touchups! Both my mom and MIL had no idea what look they were going for the day of so Griselle basically did her thing with a little direction from what they're comfortable with and they were beyond happy with the outcome.

100% go with Femme Akoi and ask if Griselle is available too!!
    Ashley K. Married on 01/30/2021

Wedding Hair & Make-up

Christine and her team were amazing to work with. During the entire process they were responsive and helpful! On the day of my wedding everything went completely smooth and all of my girls absolutely loved their hair and makeup! I didn't have a lip color with me and Christine was nice enough to gift me a color from her supplies so I could use it all day and night. Thank you so much to the entire team!
  • Midori
    Midori M. Married on 01/16/2021

Dream hair and makeup team!

Femme Akoi made us all feel so beautiful on my wedding day! We had a 1:00 pm ceremony, and Monica and Casey were so professional and efficient that we were ready with plenty of time thanks to them. Monica and Casey are incredibly talented and realized each individual HMU vision with minimal direction. My bridesmaids, mom, and I all were so pleased with our hair and makeup turned out, and how it lasted all day. Leading up to the event, they answered all of our questions and coordinated everything so that every detail was covered. Thank you, Femme Akoi!
  • Olivia
    Olivia R. Married on 01/16/2021

Lana was perfect!

I did my trial with Lana and I was so grateful to have picked Femme Akoi! All of my girls looked amazing and raved about their hair all night! I truly felt like a princess all night and I’m so grateful for them! Lana was so great and made me look amazing!

Femme Akoi Beauty Studio's reply:

This is amazing!! How gorgeous!! We are so happy to be a part of your wedding day! Lana is the best!! Xoxox