Feather Sound Country Club Reviews

19 Reviews for Feather Sound Country Club

1 User photo

Feather Sound Country Club 1

Nuny · Married on 07/04/2018

We are very pleased with the great service provided. The food was very good and the staff was very friendly. This venue was a destination wedding and our guests near and loved Feather Sound. Francine with Feather Sound did a fabulous job! She made sure that I, the bride, was very comfortable with everything. She made sure I had enough to eat and wanted to make sure I was stress free. She was extremely caring and I really appreciated that. I highly recommend Feather Sound for any venue!

Sent on 08/02/2018
    Feather Sound Country Club 2

Kimberly · Married on 12/02/2017

I'd give them 10 stars If I could! Francine is the most amazing director ever!!!! Her kindness, attention to detail, professionalism, and friendship did not go un-noticed! She and her team made my wedding go beyond my vision and was the best day ever!!! The venue was so beautiful with all the windows and veranda around the grand ball room and the beauty of the courtyard for the ceremony was unreal. Have your wedding here!!! Thank you Franny <333

Sent on 12/19/2017

Ginger · Married on 10/08/2016

Francine was amazing!!! She made everything possible. Our wedding couldn't of turned out more perfect!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Kourtney · Married on 01/24/2014

Feather Sound is a beautiful golf club that provides tranquility, class, and breath taking views. Robin, the event coordinator, was the most honest, sincere, and amazing person to work with. Not only was Robin accomodating, but the entire staff, including the cook, would drop everything to help meet the needs of the bride and groom and thier family. Robin also showed compassion towards me and my family when we were put in a tough situation with the passing of my mother. She went out of her way to on multiple occassions to help me and my family get through this tough time. Meeting her was truly a gift. A wedding at Feather Sound would be an honor and I could not have asked for a greater group of people to have run my wedding.

Sent on 04/12/2014

Barbara · Married on 02/19/2012

The FSCC did such a great job for our ceremony and reception. The setting was beautiful, the staff was so friendly, and the food was excellent. We were blown away at the tasting by the quality of the selections and were so happy when the mass production of food at the wedding was actually just as good! We had so many people compliment the food! The grand ballroom is absolutely stunning with views of the golf course from three of the four sides, a spacious balcony with outdoor seating, and enough room for our 150 guests and a 5 person band! We couldn't have been more pleased with our venue and would highly recommend the club to anyone!

Sent on 05/10/2012

Alexandra · Married on 07/16/2011

We had the most wonderful experience at Feather Sound! The food was great, the service was great, and Jill the Director of Catering and Events was a pleasure to work with. The reception was everything that I wanted and more. Feather Sound did an amazing job. I couldn't be happier with how our reception turned out!!!

Sent on 07/26/2011

Loren · Married on 05/27/2011

Feather Sound Country Club was a great place to get married. We worked with Jill and Kal and they were fantastic. They were more then accommodating, anything we needed they made it happen. Feather Sound Country Club was very flexible venue to work with. They let us hang decorations from the ceiling, have a studio booth with props, worked with us in doing an ice cream bar with all the fixings and helped us create a late night snack of french fries with gourmet sauces. We could not of asked for anything better. They are HIGHLY recommend by us. You should book Feather Sound Country Club.

Sent on 06/05/2011

Jennifer · Married on 04/24/2010

First and foremost I have to say that John Schrader is an amazing coordinator for Feather Sound. John makes sure that every detail and every guest is taken care of. Nothing rattles John; he lives in the moment and answers every need timely. Nothing seemed too much to handle or too little to request.
    Second, my husband and I (bless his heart) took one weekend and hit as many places as one can without finishing the tour at a psyche ward. By far Feather Sound had the best terms, fees, food, pricing and their facility is beautiful and includes many things others charge extra for like chair covers, etc. The facility is large enough for 180 guests and has a porch overlooking the 18th hole and the sunset.
    Third our night was perfect. From the drive up and covered entry, to the few stairs it takes to reach the location, to the separate cocktail space complete with piano if you want, to the adequate bar tenders (no one wants to wait for their drink), to the space that Nini transformed for me, t the view. It truly was perfect. Not a single thing went wrong (outside of the cake - we had two choices and only one got served - which left us a whole sheet cake to take home for brunch the next day which actually turned out to be perfect)!
    I have to hand it to John for being able to keep his cool when others around him may be panicking. Seems emotions run high at weddings but John takes it in turn and ensures you get your day your way.

Sent on 06/02/2010
  • nterlop

Noelle · Married on 03/20/2010

I did my fair share of searching for the perfect reception venue and as soon as I met with John Schrader, I knew Feather Sound C.C. was the place!
    He had pictures of couples on the wall outside his office and he could tell you the names of the couples that he has had in the past, along with the theme of their wedding and all the details. When I talked to him about hat I envisioned for my wedding he had all these ideas. John truely has a passion for weddings!
    The facility is clean, elegant and not overdone like some of the facilities I have seen. The view is wonderful, attached to the ballroom there is a veranda overlooking the golf course and lots of picture windows so you can see outside.
    everyone enjoyed themselves and said that I had a beautiful reception. And best of all I didn't break the bank! Feather Sound is quite reasonably priced for a reception venue. I definately reccomend Feather Sound Country Club!!

Sent on 05/27/2010

CLAIRE · Married on 05/16/2009

FEATHER SOUND COUNTRY CLUB IS SO VERY LUCKY TO HAVE RECENTLY EMPLOYED DARIN BAHL AS THEIR DIRECTOR OF SALES AND EVENTS!!!!!!!!!!!! DARIN HANDLED OUR DAUGHTER, TARA'S WEDDING A LITTLE OVER A YEAR AGO IN CT AND IT WAS BEYOND OUR WILDEST DREAMS!!!!!!!!
    EVERY DETAIL WAS PERFECTION!!!!!!!!! WE HAD NUMEROUS MEETINGS GOING OVER EVERYTHING FROM THE FOOD, SETTING, MUSIC, LIGHTING, TABLECLOTHES, FLOWERS, ETC ETC... DARIN HANDLED IT ALL!!!!!!!! HE KNOWS HIS BUSINESS!!!!!!!!! AND, WE SO VALUED HIS OPINION!!!!!!!!!! HE IS SMART, PROFESSIONAL, CARING AND CLASSY TO BOOT!!!!!!!!!!!
    MY BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT IS THAT DARIN IS NO LONGER IN CT TO DO OUR NEXT PARTY!!
    WE MAY HAVE TO DO OUR NEXT PARTY IN FLORDIA AT FEATHER SOUND COUNTRY CLUB!!!!!

Sent on 07/12/2010

Chelsea · Married on 10/25/2008

The Feather Sound Country Club was great value for the money. People thought we spent way more on our venue than we actually did because it looked so nice and the service was great!

Sent on 11/19/2008

Frances · Married on 05/10/2008

Feather Sound CC is beautiful and you can have complete confidence in John Shrader - he thinks of everything. I had worked with John before for business functions and Feather Sound was at the top of my list when I started my venue searching. Great food, good price, beautiful ballroom overlooking the golf course.

Sent on 06/30/2009

Gina · Married on 02/23/2008

John Schrader went over and above to accommodate everything we wanted to have for our wedding. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful and we were able to fully enjoy our party and left all the concerns to John and his staff.

Sent on 10/04/2008

ashley · Married on 05/25/2014

We used Feather Sound Country Club as our ceremony and reception venue. We had the ceremony on the lawn outside, cocktail hour on the veranda, and reception in the ballroom. Perfect transitions - and stunning views of the trees and golf course behind us.

I grew up in Feather Sound, so this was a no-brainer for us to choose because of the fabulous location and value! Robin, the private events director, was very professional, kind, flexible, respectful and responsive throughout the planning stages. Jeff, the executive chef and banquet manager, was also very professional and ran a successful event! He also worked very well with our coordinator to set up the venue to our liking. They accommodated everything we wanted and included a POW/MIA soldier table at our request literally two days before. (With no complaint!)

The only bump we had, and why I didn't give them a full five stars for Quality of Service, was that the Chicken dish was different than what we originally tasted. (No one really noticed, so it wasn't THAT big of a deal, but my groom was upset because he really wanted to eat what we had paid for.)

All in all, you cannot beat this beautiful location and value - we are SO HAPPY with how our wedding day turned out! Thanks, Robin and Jeff!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Joy · Married on 07/17/2010

I was recently married at The Feather Sound Country Club and it was a wonderful and fairy tale wedding. Darin Bahl came in as my wedding coordinator and did a fantastic job with the transition from John and making sure that everything my husband and I wanted and dreamed of became reality for our wedding! Darin took care of the little details (my mom worrying about the arch way needing to be decorated) to the big details (making sure there was no need to stress or worry throughout the entire ceremony and reception). I couldn't have dreamed of a better location, great food! (truly, it was hot and tasted SO yummy!) or better service throughout the entire planning process. I HIGHLY recommend Feather Sound and the new Coordinator Darin Bahl as your top choice for your weddings! I wish I could rewind time and do it all again because it was so wonderful! :)

Sent on 07/30/2010

Matthew · Married on 09/24/2016

This is a beautiful venue with a number of different options depending on what you are looking for for your wedding. There are so many great food options your guests will love and they were extremely accommodating for dietary needs/restrictions/requests. We would 100% recommend them to anyone looking for a classy, scenic wedding.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Kristen · Married on 04/11/2015

The food and service was exceptional! The chef prepared everything to perfection! We worked with Tamara with all the details and she was very professional and prompt with responses to questions and was very helpful with her suggestions. Everything went smoothly the day of the wedding and you really can't ask for anything more. It was the perfect day and the perfect place and everything was exquisite!

Sent on 04/24/2015
  • User4122092 · 2+ years ago

3.8
      3.0

My husband (weird!) and I got married and it turned out beautiful! There were definitely some trials and tribulations throughout the year leading up to the wedding as we were told that the venue was going to be renovated prior to our wedding day, however, the renovations never took place (they are set to do them this year). Then our original wedding coordinator left, and a new one was brought on, Tamara Galla. While things got off to a rocky start, they ended splendidly. Tamara worked with us to help us see our vision through. The food prepared by Chef Jeff was amazing and he was extraordinarily helpful the day of the wedding when I needed the set up altered. The setting is also beautiful for photos. We wish we could have been married there once all the renovations had taken place, but I would not trade my wedding day for anything. :)

Sent on 06/07/2015
  • User2046804 · 2+ years ago

3.8
      3.5
      3.5
      3.0

So in the beginning the planning here was a bit of a nightmare because the director was so difficult to get in contact with, that's why I docked quality of service & responsiveness. Well, they let her go & hired a new woman. She's a little loud & crazy but super easy going which is great.
    Here are my pros & cons:
    Pros:
    Value- There's lots of bang for your buck here. It's a beautiful venue and very flexible with time. Basically, there's only one wedding a day & if there isn't one the night before, they even let you go in early to decorate.
    Food- High quality entrees, good ingredients & chef Brian is talented.
    Venue- Basically, it's a one-stop shop. You can get ready there, eat lunch there, get married there & party there. Since they mostly do just weddings they're competitively priced.
    Cons:
    Hors d'oeuvres- being that we're "foodies" we didn't like that the hors d'oeuvres come frozen then microwaved, however, being reasonable people we understood that it can be difficult to keep up with the demand of guests.
    Entrees- Although our guests were very pleased with their entree we did notice the decline from the initial tasting. Either way, it was still a gourmet meal & for the price it was OK.
    Packages- We got a ceremony package which comes with services and one of the services offered was rose petals for the aisle. On the day of the wedding, they had forgotten the rose petals & refused to run across the street to Publix to buy some. In order to make it happen, the rose petals were taken from my florist. They made it work but I was still disappointed because I did pay for that service.
    Professionalism- While directing guests through the lobby and out the back door to the ceremony instead of holding the door open for my guests the new venue director propped it open while sitting in a chair smoking a cigarette.
    These may be small details & in the end don't matter all that much but I'm particular. Either way I'd get married here again.

Sent on 12/10/2012