13 Reviews for Feast for a King Catering

Southern (1)
Bartender(s) (1)
Outside Alcohol (1)
Tables (1)

I can't say enough good things about Feast For A King! I was lucky to attend a tasting at the venue I had booked a week after booking it, because that made it easy to choose them! THE FOOD IS AMAZING!!! We looked at other caterers, of course, as we had a specific budget. Also, we wanted to have an awesome burger bar. Kim, the owner, worked with us to fit our budget, and helped come up with an incredibly fun and delicious menu! Michelle was incredibly helpful when we had issues with finding the table settings we wanted, and made it happen for us! Everything was perfect. Our guests raved about the amazing burger bar and delicious sides! The apps and drinks were gorgeous and so fun! Also, the staff that served and set up all the seating/tables for the ceremony and reception worked so hard! They were very nice too! We loved it so very much, and thank Feast For A King for their efforts and skills that helped make our wedding the BEST DAY EVER!!

Profile Picture Hillary, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, American, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres

Kim and Michelle have been an absolute pleasure to work with - they're both so responsive and extremely helpful. Leading up to the wedding day and even on the day itself they were so attentive and made sure that every detail was taken care of. I also had them help with my rentals for china, flatware, tables, etc. Everything went so smoothly and they were so open to customization.

We went with the BBQ menu, and added a bit of the thing we liked - grilled veggies and mac n cheese. We heard great things about the food, especially the bbq chicken which was so tender. We also went with to go chocolate cookies for when guests were leaving - we heard so many good things about the cookies and everyone was asking us where they came from.

Thanks again for making this day so wonderful!

Profile Picture Jennie, 7/15/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: American, Southern, Tables, Buffet

"Kim and her team truly exceeded our expectations. Between she, our venue, and our coordinator we honestly had the Wedding Dream Team! The value and quality of the food offered was phenomenal. We enjoyed choosing from the wide menu selection and choosing from many dinnerware options. The presentation of the food was outstanding and we had so many compliments from our wedding guests about how delicious, fresh, and well prepared all of our food was! We highly recommend Feast for a King and will most definitely be choosing them for other future events!

Profile Picture Kim, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

They were professional, helpful and the food was delicious. All of my wedding guests commented on how great the food was and how helpful the staff was.

Profile Picture User4943460, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

FFAK was an amazing caterer that we are so happy we used for our wedding! Our guest raved about our food! WE went to several tastings to be sure we knew exactly what we wanted. Kim and her staff we so great about helping us with our menu. You can't go wrong with them! They are so knowledgeable!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/30/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had Feast for a King cater our wedding earlier this summer, and what a great decision that was. The food was absolutely amazing, I am still hearing from my guests how delicious the food was, and that it was the "best wedding food they've ever had" (and I would have to agree, especially as we ate the leftovers the next day). Everything tasted so fresh too! The service was top notch as well, everyone was so friendly to my guests. Exceptional food, and exceptional service - you can't go wrong!

Prior to the wedding, I worked with Kim to finalize all the little details. She is truly a professional, and SO easy to work with! She was very responsive via email, and always remembered all the little details/changes we had discussed. At the catering walkthrough, she put me at ease and really demonstrated that she knew the venue inside and out, providing me a very detailed layout of where all our rentals would be. She was also very patient with me as I changed my mind a few times throughout the planning process - and was always so excited with my new ideas (which I definitely appreciated). Such an enjoyable experience working with Kim, she definitely knows what she is doing!

Thanks again Kim & team for catering my wedding! Such a memorable day, and you played a big role in that.

Profile Picture Amy, 8/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I had Feast for a King cater my wedding two weeks ago and everything was outstanding. We had an initial tasting and Kim worked with us to customize a menu that we loved. The food was delicious at our wedding and the dinner rehearsal, which we had them cater as well. We had their support as full-service, so were able to work through all of the many details of what was needed. Kim was amazing to work with, and made suggestions to make sure every detail was covered. With her assistance, we chose all dinnerware, glassware, special serving pieces, linens, chairs, umbrellas, and the dance floor. They even arranged to have an ice cream bar for us, working with a local shop to have specially made flavors. It was one of the many highlights. She came to our location and worked out the site plan so it was realistic and had a great flow for guests. The set up went smoothly on the day of, from what I could tell, and ultimately everything was arranged beautifully. All of the service was outstanding, and again, everything went smoothly from beginning to end. I can't express enough, my gratitude to the whole team for their hard work that created this wonderful, memorable and laid back event for us. I would absolutely work with them again.

Profile Picture User3625469, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Kim and her staff were excellent. From the first moment of contact we felt assured about the quality of service and food we would received. We enjoyed the taste testing and assistance in table setting, along with the visit to the venue for layout. The wedding day was simply beautiful with the staff timely, attentive, all while meeting our needs and those of all of our guests. Everything was as we had planned or requested. Their clean-up was thorough. We would highly recommend them and are so very glad we chose Feast for a King. Kim is a jewel.

Profile Picture Judy, 5/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I'd like to start this review by saying that I STILL get compliments on the wedding food... and it's been several months since my wedding.

I originally found Feast for a King online and only contacted them and another vendor. Upon meeting with Kim Santia I was sold. The presentation, the taste, the color, the professionalism... everything was amazing!! I booked my date right then and there. One of the best decisions I made!!! Kim was insanely professional, courteous, knowledgeable and just a pleasure to work with. Kim was not afraid to give me advice and I could tell she wasn't trying to sell me the world, she was definitely concerned about budget and told me when I started going crazy with my food choices. Not only this, but Kim coordinated all my tables, chairs, linens, tableware... and was so patient with me when I took FOREVER to choose my final linens. Come the day of the wedding, everything was exactly as promised!!! The food and service was perfection!! I'm pretty sure there were no leftovers either! hahaha! And the linens (which were mostly her choice) were everything I could have wanted and fit my vision perfectly!!! Thank you so much Feast for a King... and to anyone reading this.. please choose Feast for a King... you will NOT be disappointed!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/27/13, 4 Reviews
4.3

We worked mostly with Kim in planning the catering and rentals for our wedding. When we first met with her, she was informative and professional and had great options for food, linens, and tableware. The food tasting was exceptional, we were right away impressed by the food compared to other tastings we had been to. Once we booked with her she provided us with a write up of all our food, linen, and tableware choices with a list of prices/quotes next to each item.

Over the course of 8 months, the price per place setting went up from $6 to $7 to our final quote of $8 per place setting. When asked about this, Kim said that the original $6 quote was an error and that it should have said $8 all along.

She was difficult to get a hold of until at least 1-2 weeks before the wedding date. Once, she was focused on our upcoming wedding then we were able to meet with her to make last minute detail changes with linens and rentals.

Kim was not there the day of the wedding, but the staff who were there were very professional. The food was good, but one of the main entrees was different than the tasting. At the tasting, the lasagna was full of butternut squash and kale, at our wedding the lasagna consisted mostly of limp noodles and cream sauce with very little squash or kale. This was disappointing, but otherwise the food was a hit.

We believe that our guests were appropriately offered water and drinks throughout the reception, however, the groom and I were only offered once. After our initial glass of wine, no one offered us a drink again and this was also disappointing.

Otherwise, we had a lovely wedding day with professional staff and good food. Our only disappointments were the lasagna, the lack of drinks, communication, and increased catering costs.

Profile Picture User2911191, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Kim did a great job with our wedding. I wanted it to have a vintage feeling and she chose the best plates, silverware, glasses and table linens to create that feeling. I was planning the wedding from Boston (it was in California) and she always had the time to meet with me when I was in town at the venue.

The food was great, there was a small mix up with something I had requested but everything went smoothly. The food was amazing, people were raving about the lamb chops weeks later!

The staff were great and super helpful! Overall they did a great job!

Profile Picture Erin, 9/4/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

We chose "Feast for A King" for our Wedding Catering. Kim and her catering crew did an amazing job!! The food was sooo delicious!!, and they're service was top notch! I got many compliments from our wedding guests about how great the food and services were. And, Kim was so professional and nice to work with! She was very personable, and made us feel right at home. She also offered rental services (through Alexis party rental) for all of our needs (ie chairs, tables, linens, dishes...); and worked with our wedding coordinator to organize all of that stuff so all we had to do was chose the color and style--which made life much easier during the fast approaching months before our wedding! I highly recommend "Feast for a King" catering, they are fantastic!!

Profile Picture Amber, 4/25/09, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We absolutely loved the food that Feast for a King provided us with for our wedding. Kimberly was such a pleasure to work with and made the whole process enjoyable (and delicious!)

Profile Picture Chrissy, 8/30/08, 5 Reviews