Fearrington Village Reviews

Fearrington Village 6
Fearrington Village 7
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 12/31/2018

Book your wedding here NOW!

Fearrington Village was the perfect place to get married on New Years Eve! Gilda was absolutely wonderful and made wedding planning easy! For the rehearsal dinner we booked one of the private dining room at The Belted Goat. It was the perfect location for a lovely rehearsal dinner. We booked The Garden Terrace for our wedding ceremony and The Barn for our reception and we couldn’t be happier with the way everything turned out! Fearrington exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 03/31/2019
    Fearrington Village 14
    Fearrington Village 15

Easton · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing venue!

Gilda at Fearrington was absolutely amazing. There was never a glitch or stress moment in the planning process at all. I described my perfect wedding to her, and it was exactly what I received. From the planning, to the tables at the reception, to the fireplace behind us at the ceremony, to the day of getting ready. Everything was so easy. Fearrington is such a cozy environment, and the barn is absolutely stunning! Our wedding was over a month ago and people are still raving about how perfect everything was and to do it again! I am SO happy with my choice and couldn't imagine my wedding anywhere else!!!

Sent on 12/20/2018
    Fearrington Village 16
    Fearrington Village 17

Samantha Atkinson · Married on 08/12/2018

Wish I could give it 6 stars!

We cannot say enough good things about Fearrington. This venue was STUNNING and it made the entire wedding planning process possible. With Fearrington, we had a full time wedding planner (Gilda - she is clearly the best at her job. We couldn't have done it without her!) as well as catering and flowers. Every interaction with Fearrington was simple, straightforward and extremely high quality. Our wedding was a dream, and it was because of the Fearrington. If it is at all possible, you NEED to have your wedding at Fearrignton!

Sent on 05/10/2019

Fearrington Village's reply:

Thank you Samantha! It was such a pleasure to host your most special day. We think Gilda is pretty fantastic, too. Congrats!

Divya Gopal · Married on 08/04/2018

Gorgeous Venue + Amazing On-Site Coordination = Unforgettable Day

Fearrington was by far our first choice for wedding venue, and we loved that they could accommodate both our ceremony and reception, making the day itself seamless for the wedding party and guests! We were planning our wedding from abroad, but working with Fearrington's on-site coordinator, Gilda McDaniel, was such a pleasure. She was responsive, straightforward, but also incredibly helpful in guiding us through all of our questions in planning the wedding, sharing her expertise and years of experience. Between the Garden Terrace for the ceremony and Barn for the reception, we were prepared for any type of weather. Even though we had our wedding in the heat of early August, guests loved having the chance to explore the gardens and check out the belties! We were also thrilled with the station setup we chose - the restaurant was able to prepare off-menu options for guests, and is generally well-known in the area for its top-notch food. We are still receiving compliments from our guests. Finally, the staff was incredibly helpful - Fearrington provided the cake and flowers, both of which helped make our wedding the amazing day it was! I would wholeheartedly recommend the venue and only wish the day hadn't flown by as quickly as it did.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Roy · Married on 04/28/2018

GILDA McDANIEL (Coordinator)
    My wife and I had the privilege of working with Gilda McDaniel to coordinate our wedding in April at the Fearrington. While we had heard nothing but rave reviews, Gilda far exceeded our expectations. Gilda had the knowledge, commitment, organization, innovative thinking, creativity and communication skills to take our vision and turn it into a reality. Gilda not only cared about what we wanted our dream wedding to look like, but she also truly cared about Lauren and I as a couple. She did an incredible job balancing between supportive advice and execution. Our wedding day would not have turned out to be the best day of our lives without Gilda. What we feel most fortunate for, however, is knowing that we have a new friend in our lives. Gilda sets the standard for wedding coordinators and we would refer her to anyone looking to have a seamless wedding at the Fearrington.

Sent on 06/23/2018

Fearrington Village's reply:

Roy, thank you for the kind review. Gilda is just plain amazing, and she's a wonderful person to boot. We're so glad you got to work with her, and we loved loved loved your wedding! Thank you for choosing us for your most special day.
  • LSKwankam

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2018

MARY STEVENS (Florist)
    My wife and I also had the privilege of working with Mary Stevens, who designed and produced all the flowers for our wedding in April at the Fearrington. After meeting Mary, it was obvious that she had all the ingredients you could ever want in a Florist: passion, care, creativity, organization and the ability to execute. Beyond that, it was obvious how important bringing our vision to life was to her. So much so that the day after our wedding Mary was in tears when hearing my wife say the flowers were everything she could have imagined. It’s not often you find people that are willing to invest their absolute all into a product, and it’s even more rare to find someone that cares about the final outcome as much as the customer. Our vision was by no means easy to put together, but Mary made it look easy. She listened designed and executed everything flawlessly at every stage. Our wedding was the best day of our lives in large part because of Mary Stevens, and for that we will forever be grateful. Mary is an incredible florist, creative artist and an even better person.

Sent on 06/23/2018
    Fearrington Village 18
    Fearrington Village 19
    Fearrington Village 20
    Fearrington Village 21

CLASINA · Married on 03/17/2018

The Fearrington is a breath-taking venue and should be considered as a first choice for wedding rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception venue. Our daughter's wedding was a grand success and all our guests raved about the beauty of the The Fearrington and its surroundings; the lovely accommodations; the high-quality food; the deluxe spa; the wedding planner extraordinaire (Gilda McDaniel), who had everyone and everything completely under control at all times and thought of absolutely everything; the beautiful flowers by Mary Stevens of The Fearrington; the gorgeous AND delicious cake by The Fearrington's own pastry chef; and the courteousness of the staff. This is a TOP NOTCH venue and we are grateful to The Fearrington and its staff for making this an unforgettable experience.

Sent on 03/19/2018

Fearrington Village's reply:

Clasina, thank you so much for the lovely review! We are so happy that you and your family had such a great experience.

Kip · Married on 12/16/2017

It is not often that I am at a loss for words, but to try and write what an amazing and magical wedding that our daughter had recently at Fearrington is almost too much to describe. From the moment we booked the venue, until the last candle was extinguished at the send off, we couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience. Gilda McDonald is not only the most amazing event planner ever, but also became a friend to call for any questions or concerns. Her level of professionalism as well her fun and caring personality made our experience one we could enjoy without worrying about any detail. She is simply wonderful!! The ceremony on the terrace followed by the reception in the barn were truly what dreams are made of. Mary Stevens and her floral team transformed both spaces into a winter wonderland. She listened to what my daughter wanted and created designs far beyond our expectations. Again, we felt we made friends for life. All of our guest also commented that the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding. We agree!!! Every mother dreams that their daughter's wedding will be the most special day ever. Fearrington, and the staff helped make this dream come true.

Sent on 01/04/2018

Ava · Married on 10/07/2017

Fearrington is a picture perfect venue for a wedding: numerous lovely lawns to choose from for a romantic garden ceremony, an equally lovely covered terrace in the event of rain, a spacious and attractive venue for receptions, replete with a lovely courtyard for outdoor cocktails, fantastic food, and a talented in-house florist, baker, and sommelier to expertly handle so many of the details. But the one greatest asset of Fearrington, bar none, goes by the name of Gilda McDaniel. Wedding coordinator extraordinaire, Gilda has a depth of experience rarely seen in this business. Her wisdom is outdone only by her patience, Zen calm, warmth, and professionalism. She makes a Fearrington wedding worth every penny. From our experience, Gilda can handle with aplomb just about any situation, and can provide free and reasonable advice on all aspects of the affair.

Sent on 04/14/2018

Kimi · Married on 05/20/2017

I recently had my ceremony and reception at Fearrington and there are not words to express what a wonderful experience it was, from planning to the wedding day. Being in my first semester of a doctoral program, I had very little free time. Working with Gilda made everything easy -- she walked me through everything I needed to know, kept everything organized and on schedule, and made it so I had absolutely nothing to worry about on the wedding day. I had a vision but very little time to plan. When I walked through the venue on my wedding day it was beyond my dreams. Everything was perfect. The wedding went of without a single hitch and I cannot stress enough how effortlessly the whole evening seemed to flow because there was not one detail that had not been seen to. Gilda kept everything on schedule before the ceremony (even the groom and all his groomsmen), had everyone in place for the ceremony knowing exactly what to do. There were hors d'oeuvres and champagne waiting for the bridal party and family immediately after the ceremony so we could celebrate with the small group prior to cocktail hour. I could list many examples of how the staff went out of their way to make everyone comfortable, but here is one of my favorites: my sister, the matron of honor, had a five month old baby at the time and had gone into a small room to nurse the baby during cocktail hour. A female staff member noticed her and came over with a plate of hors d'oeuvres and a glass of lemonade so she would not miss out. I am so truly grateful to Fearrington for absolutely everything they did to the day I dreamed of and will remember always.

Thank you!
    Kimi

Sent on 06/29/2017
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 05/05/2017

We were thrilled with our decision to hold our wedding reception in the Barn at Fearrington. The food was delicious and we had several options for stations, plated, buffet, etc. We loved how the cake tasting was done and all the flavors were delicious. The floral designs by Mary were simply exquisite. I don't believe I've ever seen flowers so beautiful and numerous guests have written or called me to say the same thing. Mary and our planner, Kast Events, and other vendors Get Lit Lighting, Party Tables, CE Rentals, Greenhouse Pickers, and Cottage Luxe turned the barn into a show place that made us all teary when we saw it. I spent the night at the Inn the night before the wedding and the Fearrington team made sure the bridal party had sandwiches, water, and what we needed as we prepared for the wedding. Fearrington was the right decision for us.

Sent on 05/13/2017

Arielle · Married on 04/07/2017

I knew from the first moment I toured Fearrington that it was where I wanted to get married. After 9 months of considering every other option, from local to abroad, I knew it had to the Fearrington. I not only had the best day of my life, but I had an incredible planning experience. The wedding planning staff (planner, floral designer, pastry chef) make the experience so filled with joy and excitement - they will create your dream day. I knew I wanted the venue to have a mix of outdoor and indoor options, and still be beautiful if the weather wasn't great. Luckily, the weather didn't affect my date, but I knew that the backup options at Fearrington would have been just as beautiful - which is very unique to a venue! I also wanted to focus on flowers, food, and low stress. Fearrington handles your flowers GORGEOUSLY - anything you can imagine, they will execute. They also provide all the vases/containers for your florals, so you don't have to handle that yourself. Fearrington also handles your food - and o my goodness people are still talking about the food. It was unlike any other wedding food I have ever eaten - it was INCREDIBLE. The venue provides all your linens, china, chairs, tables, and will handle any and every rental you might want. Handling the flowers, the food, the rentals, and all the planning (down to the tiniest details) ensured it was low stress! Even though my planner had many other brides, I always felt like I was her priority when we spoke. We were able to book a room at the Inn to get ready in, which was PERFECT. Every staff member makes you feel so special on your wedding day. It was the perfect venue.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Erin · Married on 03/11/2017

Fearrington Village is one of the more charming places in the southeast so it's hard to have a bad looking wedding here but it's the Fearrington staff that make this place truly exceptional. Starting with Gilda McDaniel, the wedding planner - she's smart, artistic and supremely capable. We felt like we were in total pro hands the whole time - she got our somewhat non-traditional vision and executed seamlessly while providing guidance when we needed it. She coordinated our vendors, came up with a super creative bustle for my somewhat unwieldy dress and came up to Matt and I and said " there's an unbelievable full moon out there - want to sneak out for a quick photo op?" She was there when you needed her and executing behind the scenes when you didn't inspiring full confidence and taking any stress we may have had out of the evening. Mary Stevens is a true artist when it comes to flowers, greenery and design. We wanted minimalist glam with lots of fresh greens, ivory flowers and candlelight. The Fearrington Barn looked magical - we had towering column birch branch and hydrangea arrangements draped in tea light candles. She cut down fresh stumps and topped with candles to adorn the fireplace in the ceremony room and put together the most beautiful magnolia leaf draping across the mantle. It was stunning. Finally, the food served in the venue by Chef Colin Bedford is the same level of quality as the Fearrington House restaurant which is unbelievable for wedding food. We heard from a significant portion of our guests that it was the best wedding food they've ever tasted. Literally the one regret I have from my wedding was not eating more of the food! Too much dancing and talking to do! This place is magical - I would highly recommend the Fearrington as a wedding venue.

Sent on 12/21/2017

Elaine · Married on 03/04/2017

Our daughter was married at Fearrington on 3/4/17 and words cannot describe what a wonderful experience it was from start to finish!! Gilda is a true gem that managed to handle anything and everything with calm, humor and grace! She was hands on making sure everything was perfect from the Friday night rehearsal to the ceremony prep Saturday morning to the last guest out of the reception Saturday night to the monitoring and collecting of left over wedding "stuff" Sunday morning!! She was in constant contact with us through out the whole planning process and that was so very very comforting! Fearrington also provides a preferred vendor list which was so very helpful! We chose our photographer(Krystal Kast), hair and makeup(onLoKtionMakeupArtistry/Pam Hung) and transportation(EcoStyle Transportation) off their list and had stellar service from all three!! Fearrington handled everything else!!...reception food/bar, flowers, cake, lighting, table/chairs, bridal suite, bridesmaids/groomsmen changing areas with room service...and of course, THE most perfectly beautiful settings around their grounds for any size and vibe of wedding be it inside or out...with our early March date..they were ready with an indoor/outdoor plan depending on the weather and we were able to make that decision on the Friday morning before the wedding!! The entire staff experience at Fearrington was on point! The cake, food, bar and set up were all stunning and top notch and the entire service staff were so very warm and professional at all times. I would highly recommend this venue as there is nothing to chance, it's all right there and you have wonderfully calming planning help and you just know it will be perfect!
    Elaine
    Mother of the Bride
    Greenville, NC

Sent on 03/13/2017

Virginia · Married on 12/10/2016

Planning our wedding at Fearrington was one of the best decisions of my life. Not only is it the most beautiful venue you could ask for at any time of the year, with their gorgeous gardens and amazing food, but from start to finish Gilda and her team make the process of wedding planning so easy, fun, and low stress - not an easy task! A few months before the wedding we were able to plan out the majority of the on-site details, from timelines, food, flowers, and beyond, in just about a few hours with Gilda, Mary, and Paola. Any questions or changes that came up along the way, Gilda was one step ahead and had us covered. I don't know how she does it, but Gilda made it seem like we were the only couple she was working with. She is responsive, organized, and fun, and goes above and beyond to make sure that your day is exactly what you envisioned it to be. Every step of the way, we knew that we were in the best of hands and this took so much stress and pressure off of us so we could actually enjoy it - especially in the sometimes hectic weeks and days leading up to the wedding. This meant that from the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, all the way through the wedding day and to the end of the night, we didn't have to worry about a thing because Gilda and her team were there to make sure everything went smoothly. We had the best weekend of our lives thanks to Fearrington and Gilda, and now we can look forward to returning for anniversaries.

We also found our DJ, photographer, hair/makeup team, and shuttle service from the recommended vendors list that Fearrington provides, and each one of them exceeded our expectations. It gave us that much more peace of mind knowing that these were people who Gilda and her team know, trust, and have worked with many times before. I cannot say enough good things about Gilda, Mary, Paola, and the many wonderful people at Fearrington that made our day absolutely beyond our wildest dreams.

Sent on 12/22/2016

Morgan · Married on 11/12/2016

We got married on November 12th and our wedding was an absolute dream come true. The whole Fearrington team worked so hard to make sure everything was perfect (and it was!) and the whole night went off without a hitch. Gilda McDaniel is the absolute best to work with- she made every detail of our wedding vision come true and we cannot thank her enough. We are so happy we chose Fearrington and we would highly recommend them for your special day!
    -Tyler and Morgan

Sent on 12/02/2016

Alexandria · Married on 10/08/2016

Our wedding at Fearrington was a dream. We got married this weekend, in the middle of Hurricane Matthew. It poured the entire day, but the Fearrington staff did not let several inches of rain ruin our experience. I have never met a harder working, happier group of people. They made our day truly magical - perfect in fact. There is no length that they did not go to make it a perfect day for us. We completely redesigned the ceremony to deal with the rain, and even though it was indoors, it was STUNNING. The reception in the barn was also to die for. Everything from the food, the cake, the acoustics, and oh my - the flowers! - was perfection. Gilda McDaniel helped us with our wedding, and we owe so much to her. She worked harder than I ever dreamed and truly went above and beyond. Any time I thought of something I needed, she was ten steps ahead of me. It all went so smoothly, I could not have asked for anything more. Dozens of guests told us it was the best wedding they've been to - a direct product of Fearrington. If you are thinking of having a wedding there, do it! We love Fearrington.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2016

Literally every single part of our wedding was perfect, and that was thanks to Fearrington and their incredible planning staff. Everyone tells you that something's going to go wrong, but for us, it didn't. It was a dream. I can't even really explain how happy the wedding made me and my husband.

Sent on 10/17/2016

My daughter got married at Fearrington on March 18, 2016. I really cannot find enough superlatives to express how well the wedding went and how pleased we were with everything. The gardens were all beautifully groomed, the wedding flowers were lovely and just what my daughter wanted, the cake and the food were wonderful, and the garden terrace where we had the cocktail hour and dinner was just perfect. There is actually not one thing I would do differently. The best part about the whole affair was the wedding director Gilda McDaniel. She is the consummate professional and she had every detail under control. We did not worry about anything going wrong – and nothing did. We knew that Gilda had thought of everything and that she would keep us on schedule. As a result, the bride was relaxed and happy, and the whole day went smoothly. All our guests also seemed to be relaxed and happy, and they were well cared for by the staff at Fearrington. I simply cannot believe there is a better venue with a better staff anywhere for a wedding. Under Gilda’s watchful eye, Fearrington made it all easy, relaxed, and elegant. Gilda knows how to take care of the bride and groom, attending to details that I’d never even thought of. I am really happy that we chose Fearrington for my daughter’s wedding. It could not have turned out better!

Sent on 03/23/2016

Pamela · Married on 11/14/2015

Recently had my daughter's wedding at the Fearrington. Could not have been more perfect! Although a bit disappointed we could not have the ceremony outside in the gardens due to weather, the Garden Terrace was a great backup. The reception in the Barn was amazing. The decor, food, flowers, cake & professionalism of staff could not have been better. Guests commented how the whole wedding was flawless, the food was outstanding & The Barn was beautiful. Gilda (wedding planner) did a great job helping us with planning & keeping things moving during the actual ceremony/reception. The whole day could not have been better. Thanks to everyone at the Fearrington for making this day so special for our family!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Scott · Married on 10/31/2015

From end-to-end, Fearrington was the perfect venue and each of our guests remarked on the beauty of the grounds and how it was a spectacular setting for a wedding. Erin was stellar from a planning perspective and provided excellent color and help with respect to designing our ceremony and reception and also worked seamlessly with our external planner (who was a former Fearrington Weddings employee.) Mary's flowers were gorgeous and right on-budget, while Emma's cakes were masterpieces. I can't comment enough as to how wonderful the food was - never before have I been to a large wedding where the food was so good! From the cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres to the salad/main course, dessert bar, cakes and late night food, everything was brilliant. Every last detail went off without a hitch and Erin was always nearby to ensure that the entire celebration went well...including both of us having full glasses throughout! The entire planning and execution process was as simple as can be and I can't say enough good things about the venue - everything and everyone was beyond amazing! We will certainly be back for a long weekend to visit and to see the staff again.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Lori · Married on 08/15/2015

We had our dream wedding at The Fearrington! The food is incredible, the flowers are gorgeous and Gilda and her team are on-point! They work with your budget and help make your vision a reality!

Sent on 08/21/2015

Justine · Married on 06/28/2015

Fearrington Village was the perfect place for my June wedding! I cannot sing their praises enough, from each and every detail of planning, the flowers, cake, food, and the inn, each element was executed beautifully. Two aspects of Fearrington Village that truly set it apart from other wedding venues that my husband and I looked at were the true rain back-up option, (since we wanted an outdoor ceremony), and the piece of mind we got from it being a true one-top shop for every wedding detail. No one wants it to rain on their wedding day, however, it is important to plan for it just in case. Every venue we looked at said in the case of rain they would move the ceremony into the reception space which we felt took away from the vibe, and ambiance of the day. Fearrington Village not only had a legitimate back-up ceremony option that was not the reception space, but a beautiful one at that! Each person that we worked with from Cheryl-Ann, to Emma (baker), and Mary (florist), each component was organized, delicious, and beautiful. They were able to help us choose our DJ, and photographer as well. From the first time we visited Fearrington to the last moments of our wedding, we felt special, taken care of, and better than we had the time before. My husband and I live in North Carolina, but are from NJ, so it was a destination wedding for pretty much everyone but ourselves. Fearrington Village made our guests feel like they were somewhere special, and gave a true southern rustic elegance that we were looking to show our guests. We are so glad that we chose Fearrington Village for our wedding, and would do it all the same if we had the chance to do it over.

Sent on 07/27/2015

Sara · Married on 04/25/2015

Everyone that has gotten married and played any significant part in the planning process knows just how stressful and challenging it all can be. When choosing the venue where your special day will take place, it can be very overwhelming to figure out how all the various pieces will come together in a smooth, elegant way. This is where the Fearrington Weddings team came in and made the entire process not only a dream, but a dream come true. Gilda was our wedding planner, who was essentially our fairy godmother throughout the process. She knows her product like the best of them, and knows exactly how to tailor each individual element, both in the scheme of the overarching plan, as well as in the finite details that pull everything together. Her patience, grace, and confidently positive attitude instill an incredible sense of ease and contentment in the bride and groom-to-be. First, our floral designer and planner was Mary, who truly is a pro in her craft. One of the unique aspects of the Fearrington is that the flowers are grown on the grounds. Mary, like Gilda, truly knows and understands her product, and knows exactly how to tailor the various aesthetics to your personal vision and dream for the wedding. With her bright, pleasant, and confident personality, she walked through the many options, considerations, and tips with us step by step. Mary was incredibly flexible and understanding as she sat down with us and came up with some wonderfully comparable substitutions to the floral choices we made, and we came within our budget. We were fortunate to work with Emma as our designer. With wedding cakes these days, the possibilities are endless, which can be overwhelming very quickly. Fortunately, we had a fairly good idea of what we were looking for, and Emma helped us hone in on the right textures, layers, and design elements we wanted to go with. The Fearrington’s cake services are first class, very fairly priced, and Emma was a truly inspired pleasure to work with.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Devon · Married on 04/11/2015

I honestly don't think I can say enough good things about Fearrington. The venue is absolutely stunning, and all of the staff members are some of the sweetest, most accommodating people we've ever met. Our wedding was everything we ever dreamed it would be and more, and we have the wonderful people at Fearrington to thank for that. Cheryl-Anne was incredible - so organized and so responsive to everything we threw her way. Knowing that Cheryl-Anne was running the show, I was so relaxed and confident that everything would go smoothly - and it did! She is not only extremely good at her job, but she is such a sweet person and a joy to be around. Mary Stevens was also amazing. Our flowers were absolutely beautiful, and I didn't even have to give her much direction. I told her the colors of the wedding and that I liked peonies, and she took it from there. Everything from the bouquets, to the bouttonieres, to the small corsages I requested for my sorority sisters...it was all so perfect. Again, I can't say enough wonderful things. Fearrington was by far the best decision we ever made. My husband and I can't wait to go back and visit!

Sent on 04/27/2015