Father Jerry Bellamy Reviews

Father Jerry Bellamy 5
Father Jerry Bellamy 6
Father Jerry Bellamy 7
  • User4719096 · 2+ years ago

Ceremony was inclusive and enjoyable.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Kelley · Married on 09/12/2015

We planned a surprise 50th wedding anniversary with a renewing of the vows (Catholic) for my in-laws in Santa Barbara but we live in Orange County. We had to conduct interviews and discuss ceremony details and plans over the phone and through email. Father Bellamy was by far the most professional, responsive and helpful officiant we contacted. He went above and beyond our expectations by providing us with suggested readings, ways to get the grandchildren involved and other personal touches that made the day very special.

It was a small, intimate ceremony, but it was beautiful. Father was both reverent and light, extremely personable and personal. For all we know he's done hundreds of these kinds of things, but we felt as if he took the time to think about this one particular long-married couple and their family. Nothing felt general or cookie cutter. It was a momentous, moving occasion and Father Bellamy made it more so. My in-laws were so touched and couldn't stop thanking us for including him in their special day. On behalf of the entire family I say a heartfelt "thank you!" to Father Bellamy and highly recommend him to everyone.

Sent on 10/15/2015

I can't be more happy with the great ceremony Father Jerry did at my wedding that took place in Goleta at the Hidden oaks club house. Everyone was so happy it was all perfect. Father Jerry always had great communication with my fiancé and me. He did the ceremony with a little bit of spanish for my family.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Chanel · Married on 09/11/2015

Father Bellamy was the perfect choice to officiate our wedding. We communicated via email several times before meeting in person when we visited our venue to complete our tastings and ceremony details. He was very warm and welcoming as he guided us through the conversation. He was more familiar with weddings than we were and knew what questions to ask and the general flow of what was to be expected. He allowed us to tailor our ceremony and speeches as we wished, but mostly, we took his guidance and suggestions.

The day of the wedding went seamless and there was just the right amount of talking. I am not a big fan of the loooonnnngggg ceremonies where officiants talk and talk. I like ceremonies that are more to the point, with some religion, emotion, and some jokes sprinkled in. He nailed it. Our 75 guests thought he was great and he made us feel so comfortable standing up there with everyone. My husband’s seven year old son, who was nervous to stand up there in front of everyone, felt very comfortable as well. I would highly recommend Father Bellamy's expertise and personality for any couples wedding regardless of religion.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Lupe · Married on 08/22/2015

Father Jerry was very wonderful to work with. Extremely detailed and helpful in every way. He made our ceremony very special and all out guests commented on how wonderful he was - in the words of our guests he was "the perfect amount of funny, romantic, and spiritual". I am delighted to have found him and that I trusted in all the wonderful reviews. Thank you Father Jerry!

Sent on 09/01/2015

mindi · Married on 08/18/2015

Father Jerry was amazing, personable, funny and a wonderful part of our ceremony! We emailed Father Jerry with a one week notice and he was quick to respond and was available. We had our ceremony at the Santa Barbara Courthouse in the clock-tower. He calmed our nerves and made our wedding day unforgettable. He added humor before the vows and was also nice enough to add some knowledge of the Santa Barbara skyline to our tour of the Santa Barbara Courthouse. I highly recommend Father Jerry if you want a calm atmosphere and a personalized ceremony.

Sent on 08/27/2015

Micha · Married on 08/08/2015

You probably can’t throw a stone in Santa Barbara without hitting someone who was either married by Fr. Jerry or knows someone who was married by him. Working with Fr. Jerry you really get to witness someone who knows their stuff when it comes to weddings. Fr. Jerry knew all the vendors and inside tips and tricks to make our wedding just the way we wanted it. He hooked us up with the musician for our ceremony and our ceremony location, both of which we loved. Leading up to the ceremony Fr. Jerry has lots of suggestions to personalize your ceremony based on his past experience in the field. While it may seem like you’re adding a lot, the ceremony actually flies by, typically lasting just under 30 minutes. On the day of our ceremony we were pleased by how personal the celebration was and how Fr. Jerry was able to incorporate Catholic and non-denominational traditions that reflected our marriage perfectly. All of our guests had a great time and Fr. Jerry was a huge part of making that happen.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Micha and David: I know you know that I know that all of those wonderful things you said in your review are merely a reflection of yourselves because the ceremony and its great success was based upon your relationship. Hugs - Father Jerry

Jose · Married on 07/30/2015

Father Bellamy is a wonderful person. He reminded us of a grandfather who any child looks forward to see and hang out with. Our ceremony was so beautiful and he played a huge role to make it happen that way. Fully cooperative and always there to respond to any question during the preparation period. Also made us feel really comfortable during the ceremony.
    If you are getting married, you must contact Father Bellamy!!! It's a must!

Sent on 09/26/2015

Jennifer · Married on 07/24/2015

Father Jerry Bellamy was not only knowledgable and professional, but he as fun and very easy to work with.
    We would recommend him to any couple we know!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/17/2015

Father Jerry is E V E R Y T H I N G. I knew by speaking to him on the phone the first time, he would deliver the most amazing ceremony. It was amazing in every aspect. Father Jerry is so loving, caring, detailed, and had really really good ideas and thoughts that he shared with us. He is very experience at what he does and I can guarantee that he will absolutely manage to make your day perfect and exactly the way you want it. All being stress free. Not only did we think he was amazing, but it's been two months and we continue to hear about how the ceremony was so beautiful, how so much love was felt, and how great Father Jerry was.

Thank you Father Jerry, we really wouldn't have had such a beautiful ceremony without your service.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Deborah · Married on 07/05/2015

Jerry provided exceptional service on our daughter's wedding day. He spent time listening to what our daughter and her fiancé envisioned for their wedding ceremony. When we met with Jerry, we felt an immediate sense of comfort and trust. Our daughter's wedding day turned out to be beautiful and was everything we expected and more. We are honored to have had Jerry officiate the wedding for us.

Sent on 07/18/2015

Tricia · Married on 07/03/2015

Father Jerry Bellamy is the best! Our wedding would not have been the same without him. My husband and I were not really sure how we envisioned our ceremony to be. All we knew was that we wanted it to not be long and drawn out, but we wanted it to express our love for each other and family and friends. Father Bellamy did such a great job with guiding us through planning the ceremony to every little detail. He reassured us that we would not have to worry about anything on the day of the wedding, and he was right! Neither my husband nor I like to be the center of attention. Father Jerry did the perfect job of having us express our love for each other without it being stressful for us on the day of the wedding. It was hard for me to plan the wedding due to the fact that my father had passed away months before the wedding. Father Jerry was very helpful and understanding with my unique situation, and he made the ceremony absolutely perfect for my husband and I and our friends and family. I cannot thank Father Jerry enough for the great job that he did at our wedding. We are constantly receiving compliments about our ceremony and about how great our officiant was. He really is the best!

Sent on 08/28/2015

John · Married on 06/27/2015

Highly recommend Father Jerry.

We were married outdoors at the Santa Barbara Historical Museum and required to bring in all our vendors. I went to UCSB, but we live in Southern California and aren't considered locals.

Our situation is likely more and more common. We wanted a special ceremony but our families come from different religious backgrounds (Catholic, Christian, Mormon). When we met with Father Jerry his experience was obvious. He made us feel comfortable, he had plenty of recommendations, and he still let us carry out our own personal vision and details. The end result was magical. We got so many compliments and people kept asking where we found Father Jerry. He has a great memory, a great sense of humor, and really knows how to connect with the crowd. Some of the best moments of the ceremony were Father Jerry's personal touches. Two of my favorite aspects of his delivery is the ability to make the audience feel valued/special AND his humility to keep the focus on the bride and groom. I've been to a # of weddings where the officiant came off like they were the focal point and Father Jerry never went this route.

Although we only met in person once before the actual ceremony (we also each spoke on the phone and exchanged emails) the ceremony went off as if we had known Father Jerry for much longer. He is extremely detailed, very professional, very responsive, and very flexible. He could provide all the ideas himself and he is equally open to hear all of yours. He can be very reverent or very secular, but he always makes it special.

I'd recommend him for locals and for "out of towners." Don't just take our word for it, ask around - every vendor we used and the hotel staff knew him well. He's a bit of a celebrity, but trust me...he'll make you the star of your show.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

John and Taylor - from the first time we spoke on the phone it was clear that the two of you are amazing people. Finding and then celebrating your ceremony and love for each other was such a joy. Your wonderful afternoon and evening is a reflection of who both of you are and you deserve all of the credit. It just had a small part to play. Thank you so much. Father Jerry

Look no further for an officiant - you've found him. Father Jerry is caring, funny, and the best at designing a wedding ceremony.
    The most important part for us was to be emotionally present and go through our wedding day without the feeling of being overwhelmed with all the details. We didn't want a full traditional Catholic wedding and Father Jerry right away helped us create a ceremony that was both modern and traditional - one of a kind. Our ceremony took place at the Arboretum in Arcadia - in one of their beautiful private gardens. When we were standing before our guests, he made us feel comfortable and relaxed. The ceremony was memorable and beautiful. Both my husband and I, and our family highly recommend him.
    Will never forget Father Jerry.

Sent on 08/09/2015

We absolutely loved having Father Jerry as our officiant for our Santa Barbara wedding! From the time you sit down for your initial meeting, up until the wedding day, you will feel so happy and comfortable with your choice to use Father Jerry. He will cater to any and all of your wishes and offer his own suggestions if you are unsure about something. He knows how to work an audience and kept everything loose and light hearted. We loved how he turned off his mic and spoke just to us during the ceremony, it definitely calms your nerves! You can tell he is a professional and has done this thousands of times. You will not regret choosing Father Jerry!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Maggie · Married on 05/23/2015

Fallbrook, CA / May 23, 2015
    Father Bellamy was amazing! From the first initial meeting with him, he makes you feel so comfortable. He takes time to get to know you and puts a real interest in what you want for your ceremony. He was so helpful during this process. My family is Catholic and my now husband is Christian. My husband wanted to incorporate some of the Catholic traditions because he knew it would be special for my parents. Father Bellamy was extremely helpful with this. Also of importance is the fact that Father Bellamy is bilingual, Spanish and English was a must for me. He really kept it real for us and he had us and our guest laughing to the point of tears. A year later and I can still remember the words towards the end of the ceremony "vamos a hechar chancla" (basically, let's party). Never expected him to say that, just shows how down to earth and hip he is. He is so responsive, has great humor, and just a lovable man. After our ceremony, our guest couldn't get over how great he was. They said it was the BEST ceremony they had ever been to and by far the BEST officiant they had ever witnessed. We felt the exactly same way.

Sent on 09/13/2016

Michelle · Married on 05/22/2015

Father Jerry was amazing at our wedding. Working with him was a great pleasure. My fiance wanted a catholic priest to conduct our wedding, but I am not Catholic and we did not want a very religious service. We found Father Jerry and met with him in Santa Barbara to discuss the wedding. As it says here on Wedding Wire he does provide a custom ceremony, designed to fit your needs. But he also provides great suggestions based off of his experience. Our wedding was one of a kind, and everyone enjoyed it. It was quick, entertaining and funny. All of our guests commented on our priest and loved the ceremony. He was also a joy to work with, very quick to respond to emails, and worked very closely with our wedding planner. His fee is very reasonable for the service you get from him. I would book him again, and recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 06/02/2015

Sara · Married on 05/15/2015

I have had the pleasure of knowing the lovely Bellamy Family for most of my life. And for as long as I can remember, I knew that if and when I got married, I wanted Father Jerry to officiate my wedding. Shortly after I got engaged in December 2014 he was the first person I called and we set up a time to meet and plan our ceremony. From the beginning, Fr. Jerry made us feel so comfortable and I knew we were in good hands. We were able to incorporate certain aspects into our ceremony that reflected our Catholic faith, and we left our meeting (over a year in advance) feeling confident that all our needs would be met.

We were married on March 4th at the historic Presidio Chapel in downtown Santa Barbara. From start to finish, our ceremony was everything I dreamed it would be and more. Fr. Jerry took control of the ceremony and helped calm all of our nerves. Our ceremony was personal and intimate like I had always imagined it, complete with laughter, tears, and love. We received so many compliments regarding our ceremony and Father Jerry, including several that our ceremony was one of, if not the best wedding they had ever gone to.

He is able to personalize your ceremony to reflect your relationship and beliefs. He suggested a few elements of his own that added a sweetness to our day and were a surprise to our family and friends. I don’t want to ruin any surprises, so be open to any suggestions he might make. I know our wedding day would not have been the same or as memorable without his wit and humor. If you are getting married in Santa Barbara (or anywhere in California for that matter) I wholeheartedly recommend Father Jerry for your officiant.

Sent on 04/20/2016

Alexis · Married on 04/25/2015

Father Jerry was a wonderful officiant for our wedding. We got married at Calamigo ranch in Malibu and he did a perfect job. He was easy for everyone to hear, he helped with the processional when our flower girls got nervous, and he helped my husband and I relax up there in front of everyone. He spoke beautifully and helped may the ceremony perfect. I felt very confident working with him and he delivered everything I could ever want. I highly recommend this officiant to anyone, especially people looking to do mixed faith ceremonies like we did.

Sent on 05/19/2015

Lauren · Married on 01/31/2015

My now husband and I got married this past Saturday, January 31, 2015 in Santa Barbara, CA at the beautiful El Presidio Chapel. We are not a very religious couple, but appreciate the sanctity of marriage and what that means. Having no idea who we should have preside over our ceremony, a recommendation from the Presidio itself led us to Father Jerry Bellamy. From my first conversation with Jerry, to the in-person meeting to discuss the details of our ceremony...we knew that he was the officiant for us. Father Jerry's experience helped him to guide us, and our family, through every possible scenario and detail of the ceremony. We were left having to really do nothing..but follow his lead, which is wonderful on the actual day when so many things are going on. Our guests also felt that he made all of them feel as though they too were apart of the ceremony and celebration, which made us so very happy. He is uplifting, jovial, kind and solid in his words. We would recommend him to anyone, and feel so happy he was such an important part of our day.

Sent on 02/03/2015

Father Jerry presided over our wedding at the Santa Barbara Courthouse. We spoke over the phone before the ceremony and Father Jerry put us at ease in regards to the wedding ceremony details. He was friendly, personable, and funny! He made us crack up as we discussed the different options for our big day. When the day finally came we were nervous (at least I was!) and anxious. We originally were supposed to have the ceremony on the courthouse grounds but the rain forced us to change our plans. Father Jerry suggested we go up to the clock tower, as we had discussed previously as a possible alternative. Father Jerry was patient as our wedding party made its way up to the top. He helped organize everyone as we waited for the bride to make her way up.

Once she arrived Father Jerry began the ceremony and did what he does best! After the ceremony we completed all the necessary paperwork and we were off to celebrate the big day. Our guests commented on Father Jerry's work. They enjoyed the ceremony and appreciated his personal approach and lighthearted humor. He also presented some of the sayings in Spanish as we had hoped for our families. Overall it was a great day and Father Jerry was a big part of that. Thanks Father Jerry for your help and for making our special day a memorable and stress-free event!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Ron · Married on 10/29/2014

Father Bellamy performed our wedding last week. He is awesome. He invested a lot of time going over the details when we had our planning meeting. He takes charge with a velvet glove, using humor, body language, and small queues to make sure that everything went smoothly, progressed nicely, and was fun.

Our families and guest loved him. He is very approachable. He made it so easy. We didn't have to remember a script, dialog, or anything. He adjusted on the fly when things don't go exactly as planned. It was so smooth that no one notices.

His message is one of love, not strict religious protocol. My wife is Catholic, and I am not. Plus I've been married and divorced, so we couldn't get officially married in the Roman Catholic Church without going through a long, expensive, and frankly painful process involving my ex-wife. He made this so easy for us. Combining him, plus the chapel at the SB Presidio State Park, made this technically civil wedding ceremony a nice traditional church wedding.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Greg · Married on 10/24/2014

I've known Fr. Jerry for years and while he has married friends and even one of my three sisters, his work is always memorable and entertaining. If anything, he did too much preparation to insure our wedding was exactly what we wanted. I can't speak highly enough of him either as a professional or as a person. Easy to work with, well prepared, professional, thoughtful - all of those things you want in an officiant.

Sent on 11/06/2014

susan · Married on 10/20/2014

Father Bellamy "Jerry" was so awesome in helping us make our renewal of vows a special event.
    He was so helpful in the planning. We live in Dallas but wanted to do it in Montecito. He really took the time to talk to us beforehand so that he could get to know our group. 2 couples renewing with 4 friends attending. Everyone in our group thinks they are a comedian, and Jerry had no problem keeping up, especially with the Christian and Jewish combination. His final blessing at the end of the ceremony was so beautifully spoken and eloquent. We highly recommend him. Jerry, we can't thank you enough.
    Susan and Peter

Sent on 11/04/2014

My husband and I along with another couple who were married on the same day, same year 30 years ago, renewed our vows at San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito by Father Bellamy.
    It could not have been more wonderful. I knew from our first phone call with Father Bellamy that he would be perfect for this event. He asked so many insightful questions about the four of us and was excellent with his follow through. Plus he had some great ideas for our short service.
    The evening was perfect, funny, poignant and most of all, special on all counts. It was just what we wanted. There were laughs and tears and lots of joy.
    We would highly recommend Father Jerry Bellamy for any wedding event.

Sent on 11/04/2014