Father Jerry Bellamy Reviews

Father Jerry Bellamy 3
Father Jerry Bellamy 4
Father Jerry Bellamy 5

lory · Married on 03/26/2016

Hey future brides and grooms ! Thank you father Bellamy for officiating our wedding at Trump National Palos Verdes California .
    If you prefer to have a wedding officiated by the most professional and flexibile priest then you shall really look for Father Bellamy !
    We only arranged everything by phone since we are from Florida and everything was perfect as expected !
    A religious men , yet romantic and funny, Father Bellamy may content and inspire in life every bride and groom and also your guests!
    Good luck to you !
    Again thank you much Father Bellamy for being part of our wedding ! May you blessed thousands of couple more :-))) in the future !
    Lory S .Cutri

Sent on 04/19/2016

Kent and Dia · Married on 03/24/2016

Father Jerry is awesome!! He made the process really easy and had great insight when putting together our ceremony, which was one of a blended family coming together as one. He made the ceremony fun and all of our guests loved him. I would highly recommend him if you are looking for someone to marry you !!! Two thumbs up.

Sent on 04/19/2016

Father Bellamy performed an excellent ceremony. We contacted him the day before the wedding through a referral from a friend. My dream was to have a beach wedding but because I was not familiar with the area did not know how to make this possible. Father Bellamy helped me find a place to make my dreams come true the day before the ceremony, performed an amazing ceremony and overall was a pleasure to work with. I have to thank Father Bellamy for his amazing service and helping my special day very memorable.

Sent on 09/30/2013
  • O

Olivia · Married on 03/12/2016

Father Jerry is great to work with, enthusiastic, easy to contact. He gave us ideas for our ceremony that turned out better than we would have hoped. We had a beautiful ceremony performed by Father Jerry. I highly recommend him as an officiant!

Sent on 04/26/2016
  • User6620145 · 2+ years ago

We had such a great wedding experience and Father Jerry really took control of the day and helped us through it. I was having panic attacks during the ceremony and he was very sweet to me and helped me get through the ceremony. I would recommend him to anyone getting married in Santa Barbara or in California. You don’t meet men with hearts like his very often, good intentions and fun for the whole family.

Sent on 04/20/2016

Lucy · Married on 01/09/2016

We recently got married in the clock tower at the Santa Barbara courthouse. Father Jerry gave both a delightful and very meaningful ceremony. After the ceremony, we received lots of compliments on the Godly philosophies that Father Jerry imparted. He was very thoughtful, encouraging, and humorous. He put us at ease and made the entire process seamless. We definitely recommend him!

Sent on 01/24/2016

Kate · Married on 12/12/2015

Where do I begin? I’ve known Father Jerry for quite a long time, first meeting him during the 5 years I worked at a resort in Santa Barbara. During that time I saw Father Jerry meet with numerous couples (preplanning for the wedding at the hotel I believe). I loved the way he conversed with each couple he spoke to. Over the years I heard many reviews of Father Jerry from many of these couples. This is why I would always joke with him that “someday I hope you can officiate my wedding”. So after “Mr. Right” popped the question, I immediately called Father Jerry and asked him if he would do the honor of officiating our special day. He immediately said yes of course. I am so thankful that he was able to do it for us, I do not think anyone could have done a better ceremony than Father Jerry. His professional demeanor and kind personality along with his many years of experience officiating ceremonies make him the perfect man for the job.

Sent on 03/04/2016

Aroldo · Married on 11/27/2015

We had our wedding in Santa Barbara, with most of our family traveling from Los Angeles, CA. We wanted to make sure that our ceremony was conducted in both English and Spanish and were pleased to converse with Father Jerry in both languages. We knew that our traditional minded grand parents present would feel comfortable with his inclusion of some Catholic traditions. Father Jerry is very knowledgable as far as the proceedings go, and walked us through the entire process, which made this part of the wedding planning process very much stress free. He laid out different options for the ceremony and allowed us to pick and choose which ones we liked best. Our wedding party and lots of our guests commented on what a great job he did, and how the wedding didn't feel like it dragged. He was entertaining, making the ceremony very enjoyable.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Brenda · Married on 11/14/2015

Our wedding was on November 2015 in Los Angeles and our ceremony was nothing less than PERFECT!

Father Jerry was amazing from the start, he was very detailed and that eased our nerves. Before the ceremony, he sent us a detailed time line so we knew exactly what was going to happen.

During the ceremony, all of his words resonated with us. It truly felt like a friend was talking about us and to us. There was a moment where he asked us to take a moment and look around at the beauty of it all. It was a wonderful moment because we both really were able to enjoy the view.

It was perfect and the plus is that he's bilingual! It also doesn't hurt that he's very photogenic.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Shucks - Remember that your wedding was so beautiful because of the two of you. Your ceremony simply reflected your relationship. As for the photographs of me, any credit belongs to the photographer. I totally asked her to use photo shop to give me a nice halo and remove wrinkles . . . Hugs, Father Jerry

Susan · Married on 10/24/2015

What a Blessing finding father Jerry Not only did we love him. Our family and friends just loved him. Father Jerry was sincere he was our answer to prayer when we were looking to find the perfect person to marry us. Me the bride being non denomination and groom being Catholic. I would say God found the perfect one. Thank you father Jerry for making things so smooth and perfect for us!!!

Sent on 11/05/2015

We couldn't have asked for a better person to officiate our wedding! (We quite possibly could have received more compliments from our guests about Father Jerry than anything else at the wedding.) He really took the time to get to know us, our style and spiritual beliefs, and he officiated the ceremony with the perfect blend of humor, spirituality, love and Spanish (per our request since many of our guests speak the language)! If you want to feel at ease during your ceremony and you want your guests to feel included (and entertained), I highly recommend Father Jerry. :)

Sent on 11/24/2015

Joseph · Married on 10/17/2015

We had Father Jerry for our October wedding in Solvang this past year. I'll make this simple: Father Jerry was wonderful and exceeded our expectations! He officiated a mutual friend's wedding years prior and we booked him immediately the following year. A little about Father Jerry. He's super funny, charismatic, a crafty veteran who has his own style. Every wedding's different because he takes the time to evaluate each couple and custom fit their preferences. Since he's a seasoned officiant, he's been through it all, and can effortlessly make transitions smoothly. He's always on his toes and makes sure every detailed is covered. Also, I loved how his humor can break the ice and make ceremonies a fun atmosphere. In conclusion, I highly would recommend Father Jerry!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Kimberly · Married on 10/11/2015

Father Bellamy's extensive experience as a wedding officiant is extremely evident in his work! He is organized and detail-oriented throughout the planning process, which we really appreciate. When we met Father Jerry in person, he walked us through the entire ceremony step by step. He provided helpful suggestions based on his experience but at the same time was open and flexible to our input and preferences. On the day of the event, he was both prepared and professional. His style of incorporating both humor and spirituality into an overarching emphasis on love was perfect for us and our guests.

Thanks, Father Jerry!!

Sent on 10/20/2015

We hired Father Jerry to be the officiant at our wedding at the Santa Barbara courthouse. My wife and I came in prepared to be married but not much more than that. He helped us orchestrate a fantastic ceremony in a very low key manner. We met with Ft. Jerry once for about an hour several days before to essentially plan the entire ceremony. Would definitely recommend him. He was very popular with our guests, as well.

Sent on 10/04/2015
  • User4719096 · 2+ years ago

Ceremony was inclusive and enjoyable.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Kelley · Married on 09/12/2015

We planned a surprise 50th wedding anniversary with a renewing of the vows (Catholic) for my in-laws in Santa Barbara but we live in Orange County. We had to conduct interviews and discuss ceremony details and plans over the phone and through email. Father Bellamy was by far the most professional, responsive and helpful officiant we contacted. He went above and beyond our expectations by providing us with suggested readings, ways to get the grandchildren involved and other personal touches that made the day very special.

It was a small, intimate ceremony, but it was beautiful. Father was both reverent and light, extremely personable and personal. For all we know he's done hundreds of these kinds of things, but we felt as if he took the time to think about this one particular long-married couple and their family. Nothing felt general or cookie cutter. It was a momentous, moving occasion and Father Bellamy made it more so. My in-laws were so touched and couldn't stop thanking us for including him in their special day. On behalf of the entire family I say a heartfelt "thank you!" to Father Bellamy and highly recommend him to everyone.

Sent on 10/15/2015

I can't be more happy with the great ceremony Father Jerry did at my wedding that took place in Goleta at the Hidden oaks club house. Everyone was so happy it was all perfect. Father Jerry always had great communication with my fiancé and me. He did the ceremony with a little bit of spanish for my family.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Chanel · Married on 09/11/2015

Father Bellamy was the perfect choice to officiate our wedding. We communicated via email several times before meeting in person when we visited our venue to complete our tastings and ceremony details. He was very warm and welcoming as he guided us through the conversation. He was more familiar with weddings than we were and knew what questions to ask and the general flow of what was to be expected. He allowed us to tailor our ceremony and speeches as we wished, but mostly, we took his guidance and suggestions.

The day of the wedding went seamless and there was just the right amount of talking. I am not a big fan of the loooonnnngggg ceremonies where officiants talk and talk. I like ceremonies that are more to the point, with some religion, emotion, and some jokes sprinkled in. He nailed it. Our 75 guests thought he was great and he made us feel so comfortable standing up there with everyone. My husband’s seven year old son, who was nervous to stand up there in front of everyone, felt very comfortable as well. I would highly recommend Father Bellamy's expertise and personality for any couples wedding regardless of religion.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Lupe · Married on 08/22/2015

Father Jerry was very wonderful to work with. Extremely detailed and helpful in every way. He made our ceremony very special and all out guests commented on how wonderful he was - in the words of our guests he was "the perfect amount of funny, romantic, and spiritual". I am delighted to have found him and that I trusted in all the wonderful reviews. Thank you Father Jerry!

Sent on 09/01/2015

mindi · Married on 08/18/2015

Father Jerry was amazing, personable, funny and a wonderful part of our ceremony! We emailed Father Jerry with a one week notice and he was quick to respond and was available. We had our ceremony at the Santa Barbara Courthouse in the clock-tower. He calmed our nerves and made our wedding day unforgettable. He added humor before the vows and was also nice enough to add some knowledge of the Santa Barbara skyline to our tour of the Santa Barbara Courthouse. I highly recommend Father Jerry if you want a calm atmosphere and a personalized ceremony.

Sent on 08/27/2015

Micha · Married on 08/08/2015

You probably can’t throw a stone in Santa Barbara without hitting someone who was either married by Fr. Jerry or knows someone who was married by him. Working with Fr. Jerry you really get to witness someone who knows their stuff when it comes to weddings. Fr. Jerry knew all the vendors and inside tips and tricks to make our wedding just the way we wanted it. He hooked us up with the musician for our ceremony and our ceremony location, both of which we loved. Leading up to the ceremony Fr. Jerry has lots of suggestions to personalize your ceremony based on his past experience in the field. While it may seem like you’re adding a lot, the ceremony actually flies by, typically lasting just under 30 minutes. On the day of our ceremony we were pleased by how personal the celebration was and how Fr. Jerry was able to incorporate Catholic and non-denominational traditions that reflected our marriage perfectly. All of our guests had a great time and Fr. Jerry was a huge part of making that happen.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Micha and David: I know you know that I know that all of those wonderful things you said in your review are merely a reflection of yourselves because the ceremony and its great success was based upon your relationship. Hugs - Father Jerry

Jose · Married on 07/30/2015

Father Bellamy is a wonderful person. He reminded us of a grandfather who any child looks forward to see and hang out with. Our ceremony was so beautiful and he played a huge role to make it happen that way. Fully cooperative and always there to respond to any question during the preparation period. Also made us feel really comfortable during the ceremony.
    If you are getting married, you must contact Father Bellamy!!! It's a must!

Sent on 09/26/2015

Jennifer · Married on 07/24/2015

Father Jerry Bellamy was not only knowledgable and professional, but he as fun and very easy to work with.
    We would recommend him to any couple we know!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/17/2015

Father Jerry is E V E R Y T H I N G. I knew by speaking to him on the phone the first time, he would deliver the most amazing ceremony. It was amazing in every aspect. Father Jerry is so loving, caring, detailed, and had really really good ideas and thoughts that he shared with us. He is very experience at what he does and I can guarantee that he will absolutely manage to make your day perfect and exactly the way you want it. All being stress free. Not only did we think he was amazing, but it's been two months and we continue to hear about how the ceremony was so beautiful, how so much love was felt, and how great Father Jerry was.

Thank you Father Jerry, we really wouldn't have had such a beautiful ceremony without your service.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Deborah · Married on 07/05/2015

Jerry provided exceptional service on our daughter's wedding day. He spent time listening to what our daughter and her fiancé envisioned for their wedding ceremony. When we met with Jerry, we felt an immediate sense of comfort and trust. Our daughter's wedding day turned out to be beautiful and was everything we expected and more. We are honored to have had Jerry officiate the wedding for us.

Sent on 07/18/2015