Father Jerry Bellamy Reviews

Father Jerry Bellamy 5
Father Jerry Bellamy 6
Father Jerry Bellamy 7

Christine · Married on 11/11/2017

Christine and I live in Texas and having a destination wedding in Santa Barbara was difficult to plan at times. However, the easiest part was finding who to do the ceremony. Father Bellamy was a natural fit who provided exceptional service and enthusiasm that made our wedding ceremony better than we could have imagined. He is a true professional and knows how to take each couple’s personality, and use it to personalize a service that you will never forget. We strongly recommend Father Bellamy to anyone because we will always remember the great work he did.

Sent on 01/03/2018
    Father Jerry Bellamy 8
    Father Jerry Bellamy 9
    Father Jerry Bellamy 10

Lauren · Married on 10/28/2017

I hired Father Jerry to officiate our wedding in LA. I am Catholic and my husband in Hindu, so we were doing back-to-back wedding ceremonies and wanted to make sure both of our families felt like we were giving each religion equal attention. Father Jerry spent a significant amount of time helping me to plan the ceremony and had some wonderful ideas. I wanted a light hearted ceremony that was joyful and full of love and he definitely delivered that. He was the perfect choice for our dual-religious ceremonies and I would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Lauren and Namit - how wonderful for you to share your relationship and backgrounds with all of your guests. You really did hit all of the right buttons. What a great mixture of Catholic/Christian and Hindu faiths. There really is only one God. What makes people holy is determined by how loving they are. You did it. Father Jerry

Christine · Married on 10/23/2017

Farher Jerry was a wonderful choice for our wedding vow renewal ceremony. He adapted his sermon to our tiny event so well, it was very personal. It is an important decision who you choose to be the celebrant for such an important event, and I'm confident that you would never have any reason to regret choosing Father Bellamy :)

Sent on 11/09/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Christine and Clark - how refreshing it was to meet the both of you. I hope we can remain friends into the future. Even though you live in Australia, I look forward to seeing both of you again. Father Jerry

Lauren · Married on 10/21/2017

From the moment we talked with Father Jerry we knew we had picked the correct person to officiate our wedding in Topanga Canyon. During the wedding planning process he helped lessen the stress of perfecting our wedding ceremony by guiding us to pick readings and incorporating messages that reflected our personal upbringings and relationship. It is so easy to work with Father Jerry; he is knowledgeable, professional, and offers suggestions and advice to create the perfect ceremony. He truly has a way of putting you at ease during the planning process and the day of the wedding. With his guidance our ceremony was easily constructed and he helped us create memories that we will cherish for a lifetime! Father Jerry helped us create a ceremony that was warm, full of laughter, and unique. We were so pleased by how personal the ceremony was and how Father Jerry incorporated Catholic and non-denominational traditions that reflected our marriage and relationship perfectly. Our family and friends have continually commented on our wedding ceremony and how special it was. We give all of the credit to Father Jerry and his magical work. We are beyond grateful he officiated our wedding and could not image our wedding day without him!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Lauren and Alan, how nice of you to take the time to share your thoughts and impressions. Both of you made everything perfect for your day at the 1909 N Topanga location. I am so pleased that our paths crossed. The ceremony was a reflection of the two of you. I was just a very lucky person to be involved. I hope that you will take a side trip to Santa Barbara in the future just to say hello. Merry Christmas

Samantha · Married on 10/13/2017

Father Jerry made my wedding ceremony OH SO NOT BORING! The guests were cracking up laughing at his jokes, and I got so many comments about how great my officiant was. He was seriously the life of the ceremony. He also helped ease the nerves...which was much needed on my end. DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Samantha and Trey - you brought your family and guests to your wedding in Santa Barbara, from Tampa and . . . . . all over the country. I must admit that there were some humorous things that did happen even though it was still holy. After my 12 years of formal training and then 45 years of being a priest, the God I know loves many things, including people and good parties. Good, simple laughter is one of the signs of the presence of God. Come back for a visit. Father Jerry

Bianca · Married on 10/08/2017

Father Jerry is a wonderful officiant. He was always available for any questions I had and he planned our ceremony so perfectly. He helped to make our ceremony unique and personal and suggested a cord and coin ceremony as a nod to my Filipino heritage. Our guests enjoyed the ceremony and we could not stop hearing about how much people loved it. I can't express the gratitude my husband and I have for Father Jerry for making our ceremony so fun and unforgettable.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Bianca and Joey - Thank you for your very kind review. I was so impressed with your family and friends. Everyone was so outgoing and inclusive of others. I think that yours was possibly the best ceremony ever at the Hartley Botanica in Camarillo. Blessings in the years to come. Father Jerry

Kelly · Married on 10/07/2017

Father Bellamy was amazing! Exactly what we were looking for. Our ceremony was touching and funny with just the right amount of religion we requested. We received numerous compliments from our guests. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Kelly and Eric - thank you for your comments. You are an amazing couple and your ceremony just reflected how great you are. I was really surprised to see Kendra walk down the aisle as a member of your bridal party. I performed her wedding 17 years ago. Come to visit some time. Father Jerry 805-687-4248

Stephanie · Married on 09/24/2017

I am so glad we picked Father Jerry to be our officiant. We planned our wedding in San Luis Obispo while living in Portland, OR, but it was easy to communicate with Father Jerry over phone and email. After we had our phone call with him to plan the ceremony out, we definitely knew we had made the right choice. Everything that we thought would be so hard (choosing our vows, readings, etc.) ended up being painless and easy. He was encouraging and had great suggestions, and simplified the whole planning process for us. I could recommend Father Jerry to anyone just for that alone!

But of course, he was also an amazing officiant. We had our wedding at the Madonna Inn and I don’t think I could have dreamed up a more beautiful ceremony. It was traditional and personal, silly and emotional, and just perfect. So many people commented at our reception on how great Father Jerry was.

One of the things I love the most was that he made us pause during the ceremony and turn to face our guests, just so we could take a moment to look at all of our friends and family who were there under one roof. I am so glad he did, because although much of that day was a blur, we will have that one beautiful memory forever.

If you need an officiant, reach out to Father Jerry! He is simply the best.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Stephanie and Joey - both of you really deserve all of the credit for your amazing ceremony. I did certainly play a part but both of you really knew what a wedding is all about. Joy and celebration were everywhere. Remember to come to Santa Barbara again to visit. Father Jerry 805-687-4248

Bobby · Married on 09/23/2017

Father Jerry was flexible and professional during the entire process. He performed a great ceremony that was a perfect blend of traditional and fun.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Annette and Bobby - Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I look forward to seeing you again. Father Jerry

C. · Married on 09/16/2017

We had our ceremony at the Lion's Park in Carpinteria, CA and Father Jerry helped to make our day amazing. He was able to provide us a general ceremony outline/timeline, which we really loved. He also kept the crowd and us entertained, but always made sure people understood the importance of such an occassion. I would recommend Father Jerry to any couple as he was so friendly and welcoming. He is a true professional and really enjoys being a part of union of two people in love.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

At times during your wedding I would look out to the guests and see your sister and remember that I performed her wedding so many, many years ago off the San Marcos Pass on the way from Santa Barbara to Solvang. It was wonderful to see everyone again. Please stay in touch. Father Jerry

Christopher · Married on 09/16/2017

Father Jerry made our wedding ceremony so unique, but also with a traditional flare. There was such an incredible vibe and amount of love that resonated from his presence and message, He also added just the right amount of humor. We've received so many compliments from people who attended the wedding.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Christopher and Johanna - the beautiful Presidio Chapel in Santa Barbara came alive thanks to you and your guests and family members. After your ceremony everyone was talking about how exquisite it was. It was the highlight of your entire wedding day. Good Job !!!! Father Jerry

Steven · Married on 09/10/2017

Father Bellamy was an absolute delight to have officiate our wedding. He was accommodating and friendly, met with us on two separate occasions to ensure our wants and needs for the big day. Jerry brings experience and is able to truly capture the nature of the bride and groom, sharing the union with all those who attend.

Sent on 09/21/2017

ASHLEY · Married on 09/09/2017

As the Mother of the Bride, my decision making in the wedding planning process was minimal, at best. However, the one thing I put my foot down for was the need for a professional officiant. I googled around and found Father Jerry, who appealed to me immediately. He spoke with the Bride and Groom and won them over too.

He was amazing!! He was funny with just the right amount of religious injections, and interjected Spanish phases through out the ceremony for our many Spanish speaking guests. Given that he had very little to go from, he improvised beautifully and really made the ceremony memorable. I highly recommend Father Jerry to any of you parents who find this part of the wedding to be as important as I did. Thank you Father Jerry.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Ashley - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Your interest and support to your children is exactly what many couples appreciate. I spent 12 full years of seminary training, actually located in the seminary, before ordination in 1972. Our education was extensive, as you can imagine. I have been able to bring the fruit of that training into the over 8,000 weddings I have performed. I do not tell the couples, of all religions, what to do. I am trained to help them find their ceremony that is hiding within their relationship. It is so fun and holy. Father Jerry

Ashley · Married on 09/09/2017

Love Jerry! He did exactly what we want for our ceremony! He added humor when needed and also was bilingual when needed. Did a great job and highly recommend. Please see photo attached!

Sent on 10/14/2017
    Father Jerry Bellamy 11
    Father Jerry Bellamy 12

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Ashley and Jorge, thank you for your review and comments. Everyone there was so vibrant, alive and ready to celebrate with you. The whole thing was so fun and holy at the same time. It was an ambush.......Father Jerry

KC · Married on 09/08/2017

Father Jerry was able to fit us into his schedule on very short notice, one week to be precise. He was very easy to communicate with through phone and email. He walked us through the entire process and explained points very clearly. His ceremony was lovely and colorful, he was able to bring joyful laughter and tears. He helped us make an unforgettable memory and we will be forever grateful for performing such a wonderful ceremony!!!

Sent on 10/14/2017
    Father Jerry Bellamy 13

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Mylene and KC, I know that there was not a lot of time for us to pull all of that together but you made it so easy. The La Purisima Mission State Park in Lompoc was a beautiful setting. Come visit in SB sometime. Father Jerry 805-687-4248

Sabine · Married on 09/08/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy, the most caring and loving person. We are so grateful having had him holding our wedding ceremony. He tailor made it to our personalities, needs and taste. It was wonderful & unique...He is unique! We couldn't imagine anybody else in his place. "Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give" Thank you for being who you are!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Sabine, thank you for your comments. It was so great to celebrate with the both of you. Do you remember when one of the balloons popped on the rose bush? It was meant to be that there would only be one balloon representing the both of you rather than two. Father Jerry

Kim · Married on 09/03/2017

Father Jerry is a delight! We found him online and he instantly won us over with his candor and charm. He listened to everything we wanted for our wedding and made the planning simple and seamless. He is so easy to work with and made our day very special for us. We couldn't have had a better experience and can't recommend him enough!!!
    Kim & Chris

Sent on 10/02/2017

Vivian · Married on 08/27/2017

Father Jerry was Amazing!!!!! All of my family members and guest had great things to say about him. Our ceremony was filled with laughter and joy!! All my guest are still talking about how great the ceremony was. The best was being able to have a bilingual ceremony..!!!
    Father Jerry had many great ideas to help plan the ceremony and make it very personal to us! He is very flexible and respects your ideas and wishes. He will make your wedding day a dream come true..!!! He was also like a personal wedding planner... we enjoyed working with him.

Sent on 10/27/2017
    Father Jerry Bellamy 19
    Father Jerry Bellamy 20
    Father Jerry Bellamy 21

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Vivian and Mynor - Thank you for sharing your thoughts and photos. Remember how hot it was that afternoon in Malibu? The both of you were so in love with each other. I don't think that you even knew the temperature. Please come to visit some day. Father Jerry

Den · Married on 08/21/2017

We highly recommend Father Jerry. He did an excellent service with much love and honor.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Debbie · Married on 08/20/2017

Father Jerry performed a beautiful ceremony for us. He incorporated Greek traditions with my religion and it made such a wonderful ceremony.
    Thank you so much Father Jerry.
    Keep spreading the love ❤️
    Dennis and Debbie Politakis

Sent on 10/01/2017

Lisa · Married on 08/14/2017

Fr. Jerry did an outstanding job of officiating at our wedding. We decided to go to Santa Barbara to elope because we had been there a couple of times, and loved how beautiful it was. However, after having gone to a wedding at our local courthouse in the San Francisco Bay Area, I noticed that the ceremony felt very rushed, and the bride and groom didn't seem to have the opportunity to personalize it. So I decided to hire an officiant.

Fr. Jerry was everything we were looking for since we wanted someone who did elopements, spoke Spanish, and was familiar with Mexican/Catholic wedding customs. He also had a very pleasant personality and a great sense of humor.

He gave us some very helpful suggestions that really made our ceremony special, such as getting married in the Rose Garden across from the Mission, bringing roses to dedicate to our families, and reading love letters we had written to each other. But he also listened to what we wanted and respected the choices we made.

I really liked how open minded he was, and how he explained each part of the ceremony with such wisdom, from his words about the blessing to the wedding lasso and the exchange of silver coins (las arras).

He made us laugh, but there were also times where we felt so much emotion and love, it was hard to hold back the tears. Fr. Jerry really made the ceremony everything I hoped it would be. I'd highly recommend him to other engaged couples.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Christine · Married on 08/10/2017

We got married a couple of weeks ago and father Jerry was our officiant. What can we say? Simply AMAZING. He was exactly what we wanted and more. He came all the way to San Diego and we had our dream ceremony because of him. Our guests loved him and can't stop talking about him. He is super fun! Also, speaks Spanish which is a plus. Thanks father Jerry!

Sent on 08/23/2017
    Father Jerry Bellamy 22
    Father Jerry Bellamy 23
    Father Jerry Bellamy 24

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Christine, thank you for taking the time to submit your feelings. Both of you and your family and guests were really wonderful. They all came from such great distances and you rewarded them all. Great job and blessings in the future. Father Jerry LA JOLLA was really beautiful that day. You and your family and guests made it PERFECT. Father Jerry

blanca · Married on 08/05/2017

I have no words to express how grateful my husband and I are with his service, everything was like a fairy tale.
    Father Jerry took the appropriate time to make that day very special, he gave us ideas to make our ceremony unforgettable.he's a very nice person with a very open mind. Thank you for that unforgettable day .

Sent on 09/21/2017

Haley · Married on 07/23/2017

Father Jerry made our ceremony amazing. We initially were drawn to him because he was willing to give a bilingual ceremony. He is so charming and kind and all our family and friends really enjoyed him! Would not have been the same without him and his recommendations and guidance throughout the process!!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Haley and Octavio, you are a wonderful couple and so much fun to work with. Your ceremony was on the sand and yet it was holy and fun at the same time. Come back to Santa Barbara one day for a visit. Father Jerry

Kimberly · Married on 07/22/2017

Father Jerry was the absolute best! After reading several other amazing reviews, we reached out and heard back right away. From our first phone call, we knew that we wanted Father Jerry as our officiant. He is funny, professional and so knowledgeable! Father Jerry takes the time to make sure every moment of the ceremony is exactly how you picture it and wow he delivers! Our guests were immediately complimenting how much they enjoyed the ceremony and how great our officiant was. Thank you so much Father Jerry for being so wonderful to work with and giving us our perfect ceremony!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Kimberly and Nicholas - how nice of you to take the time to write a review. Both you and your families and guests were so gracious. Now I know why you are so proud of them. Please come back and visit Santa Barbara some time. Father Jerry