Fat Bob's Smokehouse Reviews

Fat Bob's Smokehouse 5
Fat Bob's Smokehouse 6

Karen Healy · Married on 05/25/2019

Great Barbecue!

My daughter’s wedding was catered by Fat Bob’s. Delicious, fun, easy to work with. Bridget was wonderful about everything, everyone loved the food (particularly the brisket). It couldn’t have gone more smoothly. Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Scott Wilson · Married on 09/08/2018

Went well above and beyond

The quality of the food was only exceeded by the service the staff provided. Starting from the planning phase they helped with every decision and were incredibly responsive for they question I had. I can not say enough about how helpful the staff were on site. They communicated extremely well which helped everything go off without a hitch. They took the initiative to help in every way I could have asked for, in short, they made it easy to concentrate on my mom's wedding knowing they had everything on their end under complete control. As far as the food, EVERYONE raved, including the vegetarian/vegan guests which I thought might be an issue ordering bbq. And lastly, the value, I went to several other bbq caterers and they were either equal to or less than the others that did not offer the services they did. The other pricing was based on drop off services. I could not recommend then more.

Kathy · Married on 09/01/2018

Bridget and the servers were great to work with. Food was excellent. Very pleased overall and definitely would use Fat Bob’s again.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Marissa · Married on 08/25/2018

Wonderful!!

Fat Bob's was wonderful from the beginning. I live out of town and was having an outdoor reception (for about 100 people). Bridget helped with everything! How to set up the food and tables, timing, suggestions, etc. She made me feel completely comfortable with all my decisions - and was always available for help. The on-site staff was great! They were very attentive.. oh and, THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS, of course! I would use Fat Bob's for any occasion!

Sandy · Married on 08/18/2018

Legitimately the best caterer I could have possibly picked. I don’t even think a five star review can do it justice. Everything was incredibly well organized communication was always timely and helpful. Bridget was amazing. The food was excellent and they also did the bar which was great!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Fat Bob's Smokehouse's reply:

Thank you! We enjoyed your event thoroughly and were happy to be part of the special day! The guests, family and of course the bride + groom couldn't have been better to work with during planning and that day! All the best!

Elise Sessanna · Married on 08/11/2018

Absolutely wonderful!

We had Fat Bob’s cater our wedding in August 2018. We had 230 guests. Booking and coordinating them as the caterer was the simplest, most relaxing part of the wedding planning!

Bridget is awesome! She was extremely helpful with deciding the menu, quantities, and over all set up at the wedding. Beside from Bridget, all the staff we dealt with were wonderful!! They were all very professional!

On top of the great service, the food is AMAZING!! To this day, our guests still compliment the meal. Everything tasted just like you ordered in the restaurant. The Buffet line was efficient and always well stocked.

Fat Bob’s definitely won’t disappoint you!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Leah · Married on 07/28/2018

Fat Bob's did an outstanding job catering my husband's and my wedding reception luncheon on July 28th, 2018.
    The servers were helpful and friendly, the food was delicious, and the execution was perfect. Fat Bob's went above and beyond our expectations to bring together a memorable experience for us. We had many unusual needs at our reception, including additional food provided by friends and another restaurant that needed to be looked after. Fat Bob's took care of everything and alleviated a ton of stress. I would highly recommend them for any event! :)

Sent on 08/01/2018

Tahirih · Married on 07/28/2018

Bridget was awesome to work with and helped us with every decision along the way!

Sent on 08/02/2018
    Fat Bob's Smokehouse 7
    Fat Bob's Smokehouse 8
    Fat Bob's Smokehouse 9
  • Nancy

Nancy · Married on 06/30/2018

Fat Bobs was amazing from start to finish! Bridget was so great to work with! After our first sit down with her at the restaurant we knew everything was going to be perfect! The food was great and the service was even better! Bridget even held my plate and went through the line with me so I wouldn’t spill on my dress! She consistently checked on us throughout dinner to make sure everything was going well! I have to admit I usually don’t eat much at weddings, but I ate a lot! So much in fact that I had to change out of my dress early bc I was so full and it was really tight! Haha oops! Multiple of our guests also told us that it was the best wedding food they have had! We highly recommend booking with Fat Bobs if you want delicious BBQ/ southern style food at your wedding!

Jessica · Married on 06/30/2018

Hanna worked with us at the venue. She was amazing! So helpful and willing to go over the top to make sure i was happy!! I have already recomended fat bobs to my friends for there events!

Sent on 08/08/2018

April · Married on 06/23/2018

Fat Bob's is great, the food was hot, came on time and there was plenty for everyone. They were very responsive to our emails and requests and worked with us on every detail along the way! We would highly recommend them - their food is delicious and the bar package fit our needs perfectly.

Spencer · Married on 06/02/2018

Fat Bob's catered our onsite wedding- appetizers, buffet, bar, and dessert- WOW! Our guests were so pleased with our selection- the food was delicious and the service was outstanding! It was such a pleasure to work with Bridget and her staff. Everything from the initial meetings to the end of the night was smooth, exciting, and beyond our wildest expectations. We were so happy with our experience with Fat Bob's, we cannot wait to use them again for another event- and we can't stop raving about their service, quality, and affordability to all of our friends and family- thank you Bridget and the staff at Fat Bob's for helping to make our wedding the best day of our lives!!! AND

Fat Bob's Smokehouse 10
    Fat Bob's Smokehouse 11

Alicia · Married on 06/02/2018

Such a great all around experience!

You guys were so awesome for my wedding! Bridget was great and made good suggestions on how to ensure we saved money where possible and how to enhance our guests overall experience. The service was great and the food wasn’t outstanding, our guests are still raving about it! You guys made it so easy for us and it really helped make the process more enjoyable and stress free.

Joanna · Married on 05/05/2018

Fat Bob's has some of our favorite food in the city at their brick and mortar, so we were thrilled to have them for our wedding! The food was an incredible value, and the a la carte service options helped us plan the day we wanted without having to sacrifice good service. Bridget and all the servers were professional, kind, attentive, and wonderful. Many out of towners demanded to know where we got the food so that they could get more before their trip was over! We would HIGHLY recommend Fat Bob's for all types of weddings!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Margaret · Married on 02/10/2018

Fat Bob's catered our very small wedding. Bridget was awesome! She helped with the vision of how the buffet line would work and took control of all the food. Can't say enough about the food! There was tons of food! No one went away hungry, in fact many took some food home with them. And did I mention, all of this in the midst of a late winter snow storm in north Buffalo! I HIGHLY recommend Fat Bob's catering service!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Jes · Married on 09/30/2017

Do yourself a favor and get food that everyone will want and remember! People are still talking about the amazing BBQ a month later. Fat Bob's, specifically with the help of catering manager, Bridget, was incredibly accommodating to our different guests dietary needs (gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan). At first we weren't sure if we wanted buffet style, but this allows your guests to pick and choose what they want and how much they want. It's the least wasteful approach - which truly mattered to us. The wedding turned out amazing and that was largely in part to the food and service we received from Fat Bob's.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Lindsay · Married on 09/23/2017

When the original catering manager left Fat Bobs, owners Pat & his wife Bridget stepped up &took complete control of everything. We met to go over specific details on what may/may not work for our type of venue (Bridget even came out to my venue to check out the staging). My husband and I were lucky enough to be able to do a full pig roast at our wedding, where Fat bobs provided a Pig Roast Master, along with servers who were very attentive to serving and bussing tables in a very timely manner. My DJ commented that in all the years he's been doing weddings, he's never seen people get through buffets so fast--everyone was served and finished eating in an hour tops. Bridget even helped with going well beyond what caterers do-bringing in extra tables for us to do two buffet lines (large size of our wedding) & provided top notch service by carrying my plate (the bride) over to the serving area to make sure I didn't get any of those BBQ sauces or food on my dress. Bridget even agreed to set the tables with all the plates/glasses, etc. that my husband and I provided when she certainly didn't need to. They provided apps for my wedding party during pictures so we wouldn't miss out too! This is a place we frequent, but everyone I have every brought to this restaurant rave about the food/service & bar staff. I highly highly recommend Fat Bobs to anyone interested in catering a wedding. Bridget/ Pat & Fat Bobs staff, a genuine thank you for making this day so amazing for us!!!

Shannon · Married on 09/23/2017

So amazing and great to work with! All our guests couldn't stop talking about how great the food was! I was so impressed by how smoothly everything went, and how unobtrusive the caterers were while still being so attentive! 10/10 would book again!

Fat Bob's Smokehouse 12

Brian · Married on 09/09/2017

Food was awesome, service was spectacular, and Bridget and Patrick helped immensely with planning our event with zero stress. They provided all the amenities needed, from large bottles of water for the tables, to wet naps, and they even provided the tables to set up for the buffet line! Fat Bobs catering service is a fantastic value, and their food never disappoints.

Joy · Married on 05/20/2017

Fat Bobs was fantastic for my wedding! They were flexible and tuned into each of our wishes, truly figuring out what was important to us to have on our wedding day! Great value, awesome food...people still tell us how much they loved the food at our wedding!

Alicia · Married on 02/11/2017

The food was delicious and the service was great. Fat Bob's easily accommodated our large group of 200 people. I would definitely use them again for future events!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Laura · Married on 01/30/2016

Patrick and his team made our wedding so special! They were super responsive, listened to all of the ideas we had to make our wedding unique, and were super flexible as we got closer to the big day. The food was SO GOOD, plentiful, and we're still getting compliments several months later. Can't wait to have Fat Bob's every year for our anniversary!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Lindsay · Married on 08/06/2011

Fat Bob's was a pleasure to work with (I dealt mainly with Patrick, but the other folks seemed nice too) PLUS their food was excellent! I started by leaving a message one day and they responded promptly. We talked over the phone a few times to set up an initial estimate and set up a time when we would be in town to come in and try the food. The management was ready for us and were very friendly and accommodating. They let us order dinner then came to talk about our wedding menu. We discussed some options and then dinner came and it was awesome. After dinner we talked about other options like how it would be served, how many people would assist, what kind of plates, etc, etc. They were SO accommodating, and listened to everything we said and by the end of the meeting I was sure they would be a great choice. They seemed to really care about doing a great job. And they did! On the day of the wedding, the food was all set when it was supposed to be and there was plenty! And it was good! I would highly recommend working with them!

Sent on 08/17/2011

Gateway · Married on 06/15/2018

We love Fat Bobs! Thank you so much for being a committed supporter of Gateway Longview's signature community event, BBQ & Blues Bash! Patrick, Bridget, and their team are responsive, accommodating, and presentation is always first priority… not to mention their menu is always top notch! We are so grateful to have such a strong community partner. Thanks Fat Bobs!

Sent on 08/08/2018