Fat Bob's Smokehouse Reviews

44 | Buffalo, NY

44 Reviews for Fat Bob's Smokehouse

Allyson K. · Married on 09/06/2020

Wonderful experience - truly a delight!

I got to work with the team at Fat Bob's for a recent outdoor wedding and the experience could not have been better. The professionalism that Bridget and her team showed through the entire process was phenomenal. Her communication from the initial request all the way to the end of the event was incredible. She made the bride and groom feel like the most important people on earth at their wedding (as they should feel) and I really enjoyed their attention to detail. From a coordination and execution standpoint, they could not have done better. I absolutely recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Anna W. · Married on 08/01/2020

Delicious!

Our guests absolutely raved about both the food and their experience with Fat Bob's. So so so happy we hired them to serve their delicious bbq on our special day! Would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 08/06/2020

Jeanette G. · Married on 07/18/2020

Awesome BBQ!

We love to eat at Fat Bob's restaurant, and they made our wedding delicious!!! They were accommodating and easy to work with, and they had a great menu.

Sent on 08/22/2020
  • Laura

Laura M. · Married on 05/08/2020

very impressed!

Bridget and the catering team at Fat Bob's are amazing! They catered our wedding of well over 200 guests, and we were very impressed with how efficient they were. And of course, all of the food was absolutely delicious!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer N. · Married on 11/15/2019

Exceeded expectations

Great food, outstanding customer service, and a great business to communicate with for a very special day. Thank you!

Sent on 12/03/2019

Dotty · Married on 10/08/2019

Outstanding

We had Fat Bob's cater my daughters reception and they did a fabulous job. The food was delicious and the servers were super. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/03/2020
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 09/20/2019

Fat Bobs delivers the BEST wedding food around!

Fat Bobs was such a pleasure to communicate with! Bridget was amazing, She was so accommodating and caring through the entire process. Our guests were raving about how delicious the food was and we were so happy with how everything looked and tasted. I’m only sad I didn’t get any left over collard greens because they were amazing!! Everything ran so smooth from start to finish and topped off the most perfect day! Thank you Fat Bobs, you guys rock!

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Alec

Alec M. · Married on 07/27/2019

Fat Bob's = EXCELLENT FOOD, Great Value, and Professional Staff

One of the smartest decisions my wife and I made for our big day was entrusting Fat Bob's to be our caterer. Our entrees included homemade mac and cheese, pulled pork & pulled chicken, creole salad, cornbread, and grilled veggies. Everything was delicious and we got a ton of compliments from our guests. Bridget and her catering team at Fat Bob's were very responsive and professional - they even made a couple last minute changes for two of my guests who were gluten free & vegan. I would highly recommend Fat Bob's to any couple wanting excellent food at a very fair price for their wedding day!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Colleen · Married on 07/20/2019

Best Catering Ever

We never have a bad meal at fat Bob's restaurant. Catering we always think tastes different but that is NOT the case here. The food was just as impressive as it is when you sit down in the restaurant. Their service was incredible. We hired them for bar as well and had equally impressed experience. The team that worked the wedding got multiple compliments from our guests!!

Sent on 07/24/2019
  • April

April L. · Married on 07/20/2019

Bride 7/20/19 wedding

I don’t know where to start! Fat Bob’s was amazing! They catered our wedding at hayloft in the grove. The food was delicious, everything was just as good as when you go into the restaurant to eat or even better! We had one vegetarian guest and the manager at fat bobs Bridget went out of her way to plate up her food and be sure she had a full delicious dinner as well. The crab cake appetizers were to die for! We heard nothing but wonderful things from our guests about the food and service! We also had fat bobs cater our alcohol and I can’t say enough about how quick the bartenders where. If they noticed a line at the bar other staff would jump in and help until the line died down.
    Bridget (the manager) was so understanding, just days before my grandmother unexpectedly passed away and a two other couples that were unexpectedly sick couldn’t come, she was so understanding and reimbursed us for there plates and sent us a sympathy card. Everyone was so kind and wonderful I truly can’t thank them enough for making our dinner/ drinks perfect on our big day!

Sent on 07/31/2019

Charlene · Married on 07/13/2019

Loved the food

All of my guests raves about our food at our reception, it was worth upgrading for the brisket! Everything went smoothly at our wedding and communication was easy. I would recommend fat bobs for wedding catering or any catering needs

Sent on 08/21/2019

Audreanna P. · Married on 07/05/2019

Wedding Reception

Fat Bob's provided a delicious menu for our wedding and at a reasonable price. We loved having a private sampling before our menu was chosen although we must admit it wasn't the first or last time we have made a trip there to eat! The staff was friendly, accommodating and on top of the meal/beverage portions of the night! As a bride I did not have to worry about a single thing! Everyone was amazing! Thanks again for making our special occasion that much more special! We still get asked where we got our catering from!

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • O

Olivia · Married on 06/21/2019

Look no further- by far the Best food catering choice!

Everyone remembers what you had for food whether it’s a party, wedding, etc. We hired Fat Bobs for our wedding of approx 120 guests. This was the best food choice and everyone still remembers it! Anything from the pulled pork, ribs and the Mac! After eating here before and after our meeting, it was a no brainer. We made the right choice and do not regret it! Everyone enjoyed the food and there was something for everyone.

Sent on 10/17/2019

Karen H. · Married on 05/25/2019

Great Barbecue!

My daughter’s wedding was catered by Fat Bob’s. Delicious, fun, easy to work with. Bridget was wonderful about everything, everyone loved the food (particularly the brisket). It couldn’t have gone more smoothly. Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Lauren C. · Married on 10/05/2018

Lauren Gassaway Bride

Fat Bob's supplied the food for my wedding and it was all perfect! We used their food truck for cocktail hr and it was a huge huge hit!!! The food was amazing and all my guests raved about it!!! Bridget was amazing and super easy to work with and the staff was great!!!! I highly recommend them for any occasion!

Scott W. · Married on 09/08/2018

Went well above and beyond

The quality of the food was only exceeded by the service the staff provided. Starting from the planning phase they helped with every decision and were incredibly responsive for they question I had. I can not say enough about how helpful the staff were on site. They communicated extremely well which helped everything go off without a hitch. They took the initiative to help in every way I could have asked for, in short, they made it easy to concentrate on my mom's wedding knowing they had everything on their end under complete control. As far as the food, EVERYONE raved, including the vegetarian/vegan guests which I thought might be an issue ordering bbq. And lastly, the value, I went to several other bbq caterers and they were either equal to or less than the others that did not offer the services they did. The other pricing was based on drop off services. I could not recommend then more.

Kathy · Married on 09/01/2018

Bridget and the servers were great to work with. Food was excellent. Very pleased overall and definitely would use Fat Bob’s again.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Marissa · Married on 08/25/2018

Wonderful!!

Fat Bob's was wonderful from the beginning. I live out of town and was having an outdoor reception (for about 100 people). Bridget helped with everything! How to set up the food and tables, timing, suggestions, etc. She made me feel completely comfortable with all my decisions - and was always available for help. The on-site staff was great! They were very attentive.. oh and, THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS, of course! I would use Fat Bob's for any occasion!

Sandy · Married on 08/18/2018

Legitimately the best caterer I could have possibly picked. I don’t even think a five star review can do it justice. Everything was incredibly well organized communication was always timely and helpful. Bridget was amazing. The food was excellent and they also did the bar which was great!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Fat Bob's Smokehouse's reply:

Thank you! We enjoyed your event thoroughly and were happy to be part of the special day! The guests, family and of course the bride + groom couldn't have been better to work with during planning and that day! All the best!

Elise S. · Married on 08/11/2018

Absolutely wonderful!

We had Fat Bob’s cater our wedding in August 2018. We had 230 guests. Booking and coordinating them as the caterer was the simplest, most relaxing part of the wedding planning!

Bridget is awesome! She was extremely helpful with deciding the menu, quantities, and over all set up at the wedding. Beside from Bridget, all the staff we dealt with were wonderful!! They were all very professional!

On top of the great service, the food is AMAZING!! To this day, our guests still compliment the meal. Everything tasted just like you ordered in the restaurant. The Buffet line was efficient and always well stocked.

Fat Bob’s definitely won’t disappoint you!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Leah · Married on 07/28/2018

Fat Bob's did an outstanding job catering my husband's and my wedding reception luncheon on July 28th, 2018.
    The servers were helpful and friendly, the food was delicious, and the execution was perfect. Fat Bob's went above and beyond our expectations to bring together a memorable experience for us. We had many unusual needs at our reception, including additional food provided by friends and another restaurant that needed to be looked after. Fat Bob's took care of everything and alleviated a ton of stress. I would highly recommend them for any event! :)

Sent on 08/01/2018

Tahirih · Married on 07/28/2018

Bridget was awesome to work with and helped us with every decision along the way!

Sent on 08/02/2018
  • Nancy

Nancy · Married on 06/30/2018

Fat Bobs was amazing from start to finish! Bridget was so great to work with! After our first sit down with her at the restaurant we knew everything was going to be perfect! The food was great and the service was even better! Bridget even held my plate and went through the line with me so I wouldn’t spill on my dress! She consistently checked on us throughout dinner to make sure everything was going well! I have to admit I usually don’t eat much at weddings, but I ate a lot! So much in fact that I had to change out of my dress early bc I was so full and it was really tight! Haha oops! Multiple of our guests also told us that it was the best wedding food they have had! We highly recommend booking with Fat Bobs if you want delicious BBQ/ southern style food at your wedding!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/30/2018

Hanna worked with us at the venue. She was amazing! So helpful and willing to go over the top to make sure i was happy!! I have already recomended fat bobs to my friends for there events!

Sent on 08/08/2018

April · Married on 06/23/2018

Fat Bob's is great, the food was hot, came on time and there was plenty for everyone. They were very responsive to our emails and requests and worked with us on every detail along the way! We would highly recommend them - their food is delicious and the bar package fit our needs perfectly.

Sent on 08/06/2018