Farmington Gardens Reviews

35 Reviews for Farmington Gardens

35 Farmington Gardens Reviews

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2018

Floral Elegance

Our wedding was on October 13, 2018, and what a spectacular day it was! From our first tour of the venue to the day of the wedding all of the staff were amazing! We had Kalee as our planner and along with it being her wedding year she gave us so much support and advise for each and every question, and we had a lot! She was always easy to get in touch with and responded promptly. We didn’t have our ceremony at the Venue but she even gave us some advise as to how to plan our Church ceremony and what we would need. They have 1 wedding a day so from start to finish you feel special on YOUR day there, that was a big deciding factor for us in finding our venue. Also they have a multitude of decorating options to customize the space to what you want. Then the day of Kalee was by my side making sure we were taken care of which I was so grateful for, the day goes by so fast but she slowed it down by checking in. We also got nothing but rave reviews about the food! The food is DELICIOUS make sure you eat everything! The tasting was also so much fun, definitely bring parents or best man and maid of honor it’s a lot of food so you’ll need people to help! They also have a cake option at the venue so the planning was honestly so so easy! One stop shop which was great when you have a billion other things on your mind. Also they have an on-site Gardner who makes the venue look amazing outside as well so you don’t have to think about flowers outside! I really can not say enough good things about The Farmington Gardens, I wish I could relive our wedding day over and over again! I was just simply so perfect!

Alex · Married on 08/25/2018

My husband and I got married at Farmington Gardens on August 25, 2018 and we cannot say enough about how amazing this venue is. We fell in love with the beautiful grounds, the unique greenhouse and ballroom right away. After our first visit to the venue, we knew this was the perfect place. We were beyond impressed with our wedding coordinator, Courtney, she was very responsive and attentive from the minute we contacted her about scheduling our visit to the venue. We met with her multiple times leading up to our wedding day, she always had great suggestions and was so organized. After our church ceremony Courtney and the Farmington Garden’s staff were waiting outside for our wedding party’s arrival. Courtney was a huge help especially the day of the wedding. Courtney was always there making sure everything was going according to plan and assisting anyone with anything they needed.
    All of our guests raved about the food from the Passed Hors D’oeuvres all the way through the dessert; the cannolis were a huge hit! The chef was also extremely accommodating with any of our guests dietary restrictions! We highly recommend Courtney and the entire Farmington Gardens team for any occasion! We loved every moment of our big day! Thank you to the whole staff for making it so special

Kaileigh · Married on 08/17/2018

The staff and experience at Farmington Gardens was the most incredible experience of our lives! We were able to meet with Kalee, our wedding coordinator included with the venue, multiple times to stay on track as we got ready for our big day. Kalee is so kind, professional and genuine in everything she does! Everything is included when you book with Farmington Gardens so there are no surprises when trying to stick with your budget.
    The grounds and buildings are stunning. We wanted our ceremony to be outside, but on our wedding day a pop-up thunderstorm required us to make a last minute change to being in the greenhouse. Everyone just moved inside and no one missed a beat with allowing our day to continue!
    The quality of the food and the amount of choice you get us unreal. The tasting process allows you to make all the decisions that will best fit your day. Everything's made to order and they can accommodate all the different dietary restrictions in today's world. The in-house pastry chef made our sweet heart cake along with the “Venetian Table” of desserts that our guests thoroughly enjoyed!
    Having our wedding at Farmington Gardens was one of the best decisions we’ve ever made and we cannot recommend them more highly!!

Lindsay · Married on 06/23/2018

Courtney was unbelievably great. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone interested. They were very accommodating and made everything run very smoothly. The food was also great!

Serina · Married on 10/15/2017

We cannot rave about Farmington Gardens more! Our photographer sold us on this venue very early in the planning process, and it was the best decision we could've made! Working with Kalee was an absolute dream, she made a stressful process completely carefree. She was always available to help answer questions, and we felt so at ease with letting her take charge of many aspects of our wedding. She was able to provide great suggestions, and was sure to keep detailed notes at each of our meetings to keep us on track. Kalee and her team tailored the whole experience to our wants and did an incredible job with the set-up and execution of everything! This venue has something for everyone, between the outdoor ceremony, greenhouse cocktail hour, and ballroom reception. It was the perfect day and Farmington Gardens was a huge part of its success!!

Jessica · Married on 08/18/2017

My husband and I could not be happier that we chose to get married at Farmington Gardens! Working with Courtney was an absolute pleasure from start to finish! She made sure every detail was set well in advance so that there was zero stress on our wedding day. Although we had planned to have the ceremony outside, we had to move it into the greenhouse because of rain…and everything was still flawless! The entire staff was wonderful and the food was FANTASTIC! So many of our guests commented that it was the nicest wedding they had ever been to. Farmington Gardens is simply the best!

Ashley · Married on 08/12/2017

Courtney the wedding coordinator was amazing, the food was awesome, everything looked beautiful, we couldn't have been more happy!

JoAnn · Married on 07/22/2017

My fiance and I got married at Farmington Gardens over the weekend. We were beyond impressed with the attention to detail and the friendliness of the staff. The grounds were breath taking too! We were most impressed with our wedding coordinator, Courtney. Courtney was helpful, attentive and very responsive. She and her staff decorated Farmington Gardens beautifully! The food was amazing! We had a pie bar and an ice cream bar for dessert which our guests loved! We had a choice of 6 pies, 5 flavors of ice cream and 35 different toppings. The bartenders made our signature drinks perfectly. The chef cooked amazing passed appetizers (the goat cheese and artichoke fritter was my favorite!) and a delicious meal (get the bone in pork chop!). We highly, highly recommend Farmington Gardens for your wedding or any other occasion. The staff truly makes your day extra special!

Haley · Married on 06/03/2017

We had our wedding here on June 3rd, and it couldn't have been more perfect!! The venue looked breathtaking all decorated, our guests couldn't stop gushing over how much they loved the greenhouse area and the outdoor patio with the firepit. Our guests also can not stop raving about the food. So many people have told us it is the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Courtney and Kalee were the sweetest and most professional wedding coordinators EVER! Everything went off without a hitch from the time we booked the venue to the day of. I hope I get invited to a wedding here myself so I can enjoy it all over again!

• Emily

Emily · Married on 04/28/2017

Kalee is absolutely lovely to work with. She is very helpful with tough decisions and I have so much confidence that she will help make my special day a dream come true. And the venue is just amazing. The food is great, they have a gorgeous venue and they have so many options to make your wedding perfectly tailored to you!

Farmington Gardens is so beautiful and the staff is amazing and knowledgeable!! I highly recommend to any future bride!!!

Julianna · Married on 09/16/2016

I would HIGHLY suggest this venue. Throughout the process, I felt confidently about our choice of venue, however after the actual wedding, I knew that our experience was unparalleled. Kalee, the wedding coordinator, was PHENOMENAL and on point with every single detail. She responded calmly and confidently with any last minute change or decision we made and truly made us feel that we were the most important couple, family, or guests in the world. Every single guest raved about the food and service, including the extremely accommodating way of catering to (last minute) dietary restrictions. After the ceremony, my fiance and I had our own wait staff dedicated to the two of us, serving us with passed d'oeuvres and drinks while finishing up pictures. Throughout the reception, Kalee or other staff members continued to be so attentive- with drinks, food, or components of the reception. We are truly grateful that we decided on Farmington Gardens, as the service was second to none.

Sarah · Married on 04/09/2016

Kalee and all the staff at Farmington Gardens were amazing!! I cannot say enough about our entire experience for our wedding. Kalee helped us plan and put together the perfect day. The venue is stunning, food is exceptional, and everyone could not say enough about how great of a day they had at our wedding. I always felt comfortable speaking with Kalee and that she was listening and helping. Cannot say enough good things about Farmington Gardens!!

Trisha · Married on 11/20/2015

My now husband and I wanted a rustic but elegant venue and in the Litchfield area our options were limited. Everything was either too country or too much of a classic ballroom. Farmington Gardens blew us away with its beauty and unique atmosphere. The greenhouse is such a unique and romantic space for cocktail hour and the main room is so spacious and beautiful, with exposed wooden beams and crystal chandeliers. The food is super delicious and the menu is so extensive that it was a bit overwhelming limiting down our options for each course (in the yummiest overwhelming way possible). Everyone raved about the meal as the best they've had at a wedding. One of the best things about Farmington Gardens is that you get a coordinator to help you with the planning process. Kalee was amazing! She's always willing to get on the phone with you or meet in person, and has a whole checklist of questions to make your planning process so much easier. We're the type who thought a coordinator would be a waste of money, but after working with Kalee, I definitely see its value and it's included in your deal when you book at Farmington Gardens. It's a bit on the expensive side overall, but between the gorgeous space, yummy food, and super helpful coordinator, you really can't beat what you get for your money. Booking Farmington Gardens was the best decision we made for our wedding!

Alicia · Married on 10/09/2015

This venue provided us with more than what we expected for our wedding reception. The fact that this is a family owned facility definitely showed as the night went smoothly and everyone did a fantastic job! The staff were attentive, fun and even joined in the dancing. Kalee, wedding coordinator, was fantastic at remaining organized and allowed flexibility with food, decorations and other planning factors. We couldn't have been happier with our choice!

Amanda · Married on 07/12/2015

This place is beyond beautiful. We fell in love with this venue once we walked into the greenhouse. Kalee is a fabulous wedding coordinator and helped us through every step of the process. The day of the wedding she was EVERYWHERE, taking care of everything. She is such a hard worker!! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous in the summer, the food is the best you’ll ever have at a wedding, and the atmosphere is breathtaking. You will not regret booking your wedding at Farmington Gardens. I’m hoping one of my friends books there so we can go back!

• U

Usha · Married on 05/30/2015

I worked with Kalee from Farmington Gardens for our daughter's wedding. Kalee was a pleasure to work with. She coordinated the whole event with professionalism and ease from the catering to the decor to organizing outside vendors and making sure they had everything they needed to make my daughter's wedding day an enjoyable day for all.
    I would highly recommend Kalee, she is a sweet young lady, wise beyond her years and has a bright future ahead.

Christopher · Married on 10/03/2014

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Farmington Gardens in October 2014. Our wedding consultant was named Emily and she was absolutely wonderful to work with! She honored all of our wishes and kept us all at ease throughout the entire wedding planning process. She would meet with us whenever we desired. She was absolutely wonderful!

Farmington Gardens is like a blank canvas and you can create any theme or feel you desire at this beautiful place.

The food is delicious, the chef walked around and asked our guests if they enjoyed their meals. Our guest all raved about the food and the service. It was incredible!

We highly recommend having your wedding reception here!

Gilbert · Married on 09/21/2014

They were fantastic to work with! Very friendly and professional. They were willing to work with us on things that we didn't like/couldn't afford. They are very flexible on food preferences and were willing to adapt a recipe that we gave them as an appetizer. I would highly recommend Farmington Gardens!

Charlotte · Married on 06/13/2014

The Photos online are what first caught my eye and then visiting the venue and having all my questions answered was great!
    The look of the Green House and Ballroom were exactly what I was looking for!!! and the grounds are well taken care of.
    Elizabeth, the event planner, was sooooo helpful. I am not from the area and she made it easy to plan from another state... she would recommend venders (florist, baker, etc.) and she handle everything leading up to the day and the day of.... It was a very smooth process!!!
    Coming from an Italian family FOOD is EVERYTHING!!! I heard nothing but great things about our food and service that night... this made me a happy girl!!! (they have the largest menu I have ever seen... something for everyone)
    We got married on sight (there are many different options to get married on the property) It was raining on our wedding day but that didn't bother me one bit... knowing our back up plan (The Green House) was just as beautiful!!!
    AMAZING JOB FARMINGTON GARDENS TEAM!!! SUCH A GREAT NIGHT!!!!!
    - Charlotte Ross, NY

Morgan · Married on 04/19/2014

Our wedding was amazing thanks to everyone at farmington gardens!! All the guests could not stop complimenting the food and the overall wedding and how great it was!

Beth · Married on 08/03/2013

Farmington Gardens was the perfect choice for our wedding. Not only is the venue GORGEOUS, the staff is excellent to work with and the food is honestly out of this world. Our guests told us we had the best wedding food ever, and a lot of guests commented that they felt like they were eating in a gourmet restaurant, not a wedding venue. Phil and Liz were very accommodating for our guests with food allergies and dietary restrictions. This is a fabulous venue and if I could have our wedding day all over again, I would choose Farmington Gardens every time!

Caitlin · Married on 07/26/2013

My husband and I made the fabulous choice of having our ceremony and reception at Farmington Gardens. The food was incredible, which included a huge antipasto platter, a to-die-for cupcake tower and the largest sundae bar I have ever seen. Friendly bartenders, staff and management. The Farmington Gardens staff was very flexible and helpful. For instance, they allowed me to wait until the last minute to have my wedding outside after a rainy morning. Beautiful grounds, amazing food and wonderful staff- what else can you ask for? Highly recommended!!!!

Stefanie · Married on 07/19/2013

We had both our ceremony and reception at Farmington Gardens and it was absolutely amazing. The grounds are beautiful and also unique. It used to be a flower nursery so not only were there already great flowers around the property but we had cocktail hour in the Greenhouse - first time I've even seen that as as an option! The chiavari chairs everyone is always upcharging for were part of our package and are their standard chairs which was a great add. The space was very well kept and they were flexible with how we set everything up and all that we were looking to do. We had a ton of options for timing, food, bar, extras, etc. and with what we selected they did not disappoint. Our guests raved about the food, which was delicious - to this I can attest, I made sure to have time to sit down and eat! In particular, everyone was impressed their steak came to order and really came as they ordered it be it rare or well and their was more than enough for everyone to eat both at dinner and as apps were passed around. We used our dessert option of cupcakes as our dessert with a top tier cake to cut and people loved it. We again had so many options to choose from and picked 3 different flavors of minis so each guest could try one of each - it was fantastic! The wedding coordinator Elizabeth was easy to work with as well, she is not what we expected for a coordinator which was refreshing. She isn't the gushing girly bride type, but down to business, professional, yet detail oriented and involved which I thought was perfect - no drama with her! She was prompt in all responses to my many many questions and pulled everything together as we had planned.

Overall - wonderful experience and I'd highly recommended Farmington Gardens!

Brittany · Married on 06/21/2013

Farmington Gardens was awesome! We couldn't have asked for any better. The wedding planner (Elizabeth) helped with every detail of the night and everything went just as planned! Food was great, and as always, the venue is gorgeous! Thanks for making our wedding wonderful!! - Justin & Brittany