Fantail Photography Reviews

Fantail Photography 2
Fantail Photography 3
Fantail Photography 4
Fantail Photography 5

Ashley and Joe are amazing at their job!!!! Ashley has a personality that just makes you feel comfortable and at ease. Not only that she is beyond affordable and seems to love her job. I got many complments through the night at how attentive she is to detail and making sure she gets every moment caputured. We were lucky enough to get our pictures back quickly and they are just amazing.I would recommend her for any life event that you want to capture.

Sent on 05/22/2016

Erin · Married on 05/07/2016

When my husband and I met Ashley for the first time, we knew instantly that she was going to be our photographer! Ashley's personality makes you feel that you have known her for years. She is so easygoing and makes you feel super comfortable. From the beginning she was willing to work with my budget and make sure we got exactly what we wanted despite not having a huge budget. On our wedding day, Ashley was fantastic!! Our bridal party and I couldn't stop saying how motivating she was and how she made us feel like supermodels. She made sure to stick with our timeline without making us feel rushed, and was able to corral my huge group of family members with ease. During our ceremony and reception, she stayed out of the way while still managing to capture every moment! Her artistry is amazing and the pictures she took were beyond my expectations. Some of the Pictures she took look like they are straight out of a bridal magazine! I am more than happy with our choice in using Fantail and I can't wait until the next big event in my life so I can use her again!!

Sent on 05/11/2016

Cynthia · Married on 03/12/2016

We used Fantail for our March wedding at Hotel du Pont and I am so happy that we did! Ashley was awesome from start to finish and her second Joe was great too. And most importantly all the pictures are amazing! She did a great job of capturing all the important moments and emotions of the day/night. Ashley was even super accomodating on making some edits to pictures where my mom was unhappy with how she looked. Everyone that's seen the pictures so far love them! I highly recommend Fantail.

Sent on 04/08/2016

Maryfaith · Married on 11/28/2015

My husband and I had a blast working with Ashley. She was energetic and listened to what we wanted. Out guests raved about her personality. We got our pictures back in record time! The shots are unique and captured every moment of our special day. If you're looking for an fun, creative, and outstanding photographer for your special day, Fantail Photography is the way to go.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Kara · Married on 10/25/2015

We had our wedding at the end of October. We used Fantail Photography I'm so happy we did. Ashley and her second, Joe were amazing! They were very organized! Ashley gave us a fantastic deal! We did our engagement pictures with her early in the year. It was a great way to get to know her not to mention the gorgeous pictures we ended up with. After working with us 7 hours Ashley went home after our wedding and put up a couple of sneak peaks! Couldnt have picked a better photographer, she easy to work with not to mention fun! But Most of all her pictures are stunning, I'm so happy that we will have these photos for a lifetime!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Robin · Married on 09/25/2015

Ashley was such a wonderful photographer for my wedding. Most importantly, the pictures are beautiful! She captured the candid moments and arranged the staged photos perfectly. She was great at organizing everyone efficiently, so we could be on our way and enjoy the wedding. Her correspondence is attentive and professional. I also like that the pictures belong to me after the wedding. I've heard so many brides say they felt ripped off when they had to buy their own wedding photos through the photographer. Not with Ashley. She does a great job taking pictures and sends them out for you to keep. Thank you Ashley. I couldn't be happier! P.S. She also takes beautiful pictures of my friends daughter.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Rosemary · Married on 09/12/2015

We met Ashley at a bridal show and loved her enthusiasm and spunk! Meeting up with her and checking out some of her work just sealed the deal for us, but we loved her personality from the beginning and knew we wanted her to shoot our wedding! Ashley was so fun to work with. It seemed like she was just as excited about our wedding as we were, and it never felt like work to her. She was a delight to work with from our engagement shoot, to a secret boudoir shoot for my hubs, and through our wedding ceremony and reception. Honestly, the JAW DROPPING pics of our wedding day were just the icing on the cake. The 700+ pictures she gave us were perfection. I seriously laughed and cried looking at them, and although I have had them for several months, I find myself looking at them at least once a week. Her prices were extremely reasonable, and the quality was superb. My husband & I plan on using her for family portraits forever!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Brittany · Married on 08/28/2015

Ashley and Joe were amazing! From the beginning with all of my questions, to the wedding day, Ashley was there quickly responding to all of my questions! They made me feel so comfortable. At the wedding I never had to check the see where they were, they were already there capturing the memories! I received the wedding pictures relatively quickly after the wedding, and they are beautiful! I am so happy with FANTAIL PHOTOGRAPHY! We will be using Fantail Photography in the future for all of our photography needs!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Sara · Married on 08/22/2015

Ashley is amazing! She's so much fun and makes you feel comfortable even if you feel awkward in front of the camera. Our engagement photos are absolutely and the preview of our wedding look fantastic. I can't wait to see the rest :) I can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 09/06/2015

Billy · Married on 05/02/2015

We couldn't have picked a better photographer for our Wedding. The only thing we asked for Ashley to do, was to capture all of our special moments. That way we could look back through our pictures and feel every emotion captured. She has by far exceeded every expectation we had. We had the pleasure to relive our entire wedding today, one picture at a time. Every moment, every feeling, and every celebration is now frozen in a snap shot that will take us back to the best day of our lives. Thank you Ashley, and thank you Fantail Photography for a job well done!!

Bill and Billy ❤️

Sent on 06/11/2015

Regina · Married on 03/28/2015

We absolutely loved working with Ashley. Her service was top notch. Our engagement photos turned out wonderfully. We loved the suggestion that she made to have Waterloo gardens as our location. She made great suggestions during the shoot, but also made us comfortable and let us be ourselves. Our wedding day was perfect. She was early, made sure that we got all of the shots we wanted. She worked well with the bridal party. We would 100% recommend her to all of our friends and family.

Sent on 04/05/2015

We couldn’t possibly suggest strongly enough that you choose Fantail Photography for your upcoming wedding or event. My wife and I chose to go with Fantail for our wedding and reception, and were overjoyed with the results. In fact, no matter what we write in this review, it couldn’t match the raving of our friends and family over the quality of the work. We’ve had several requests for the contact information of our photographer from people we know looking to get married soon. Ashley from Fantail shot our wedding and reception, with the help of Laura, a second photographer. She also included a complimentary engagement shoot before the wedding, and a walk through of the wedding and reception site, at no extra charge. She was open to the suggestions and input of my bride and I, even allowing my bride to send her a Pinterest link to images she found compelling. Ashley had several conversations with us about our wants, needs, and feelings about our day. Her high-spirited, but low-pressure approach, made us feel at ease with the process. We felt fully engaged, but never nervous or anxious. Not only were the shots beautiful, truly capturing the light and spirit of our day, but we believe they were inventive, well thought out, and offered a unique perspective not only into the occasion, but also into us as a newly married couple. If you’re considering Fantail for your own event, or even if you’re just beginning your search, I urge you not to pass up the opportunity. If nothing else, check out Fantail’s website or Facebook for your own edification. It will be worth it.
    -The Nickles

Sent on 01/18/2015

Morgan · Married on 10/04/2014

Ashley was great! Very prepared and quick to get all the right shots. She is one photographer that isn't afraid to get dirty or wiggle around if that is going to be the perfect photo! She was efficient and made sure that all of our photos that we wanted could be done in the time frame (package we chose.) She is honest and very flexible. Any idea I had she made it happen. She really did just a great job and is so friendly. I couldn't have chosen a better photographer. Everyone just knew she did a great job even that night and didn't even need to see the photos. We were so happy with her. A+++ Did I mention, the photos were FANTASTIC!

Sent on 10/12/2014
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 09/19/2014

Ashley is not only a great photographer, she has become a friend to my husband and I. From the start she was dedicated to making us happy throughout the whole process. She was one of the easiest vendors to deal with. As you will find out, most vendors only care about getting paid, but Ashley's love for what she does and her compassion for her clients shine through in her work. I highly recommend contacting fantail photography asap. You will not regret it!

Sent on 02/24/2016

Lisa · Married on 04/05/2014

Ashley Schroeder was our Photographer with Fantail and she was incredible. She met with us multiple times and scouted out the venue before the wedding to make sure we got the best pictures in the prettiest locations. She was also flexible with the package to help fit what WE needed. On the wedding day itself her and her assistant were invisible when they needed to be and got great candid photos. They were also very accommodating to our large wedding party and SOMEHOW managed to keep the groomsmen in line. She took me and my husband out during the reception for some private photos. Because of that, we were able to have more intimate/sexy/romantic photos without our family looking on. The BEST PART was that she was able to correct the psoriasis on my husband's face (this was something I was extremely worried about)
    The pictures we got after were gorgeous and she captured so many details of the wedding that I didn't even know i wanted to have until I saw them after (such as decor, rings, etc)
    My family all loved the pictures and we plan on booking Fantail again for a family photo shoot!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Justine · Married on 09/14/2013

Ashley is amazing! She listened and stayed true to the ideas we had while also incorporating her own side and style to them! The photos from our wedding are amazing!! Thank you, thank you! Communicating with her was convenient and photos were completed in a short amount of time after the wedding! She is wonderful! I would highly recommend :)

Sent on 10/06/2013

Amanda · Married on 08/27/2016

Ashley and Joe are both natural photographers with a great eye for catching very human, natural moments instead of lots of posed, unnatural shots. They both captured the essence of our wedding day, which was mostly about our friends and family and less about us! We are so pleased with how our photos turned out and are so excited to share them with our families and friends. Ashley is very professional and responsive, and was flexible enough to drive quite a distance to our venue to get a lay of the land before our big day. I love all of the candid shots we have with our friends and families, and Ashley and Joe made sure to capture photos of important moments we definitely didn't want to miss (grandparents dancing, our dog/ring bearer running up to us during the ceremony, and many more). We provided Ashley a thorough list of shots and she made sure to get a shot for every bulletpoint on the list. We received our photos about 6 weeks after our wedding in a dropbox folder and on her website and are super pleased with the quality. We can't say enough good things about Ashley and Joe and the quality of their work. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Kiersten · Married on 09/01/2013

Ashley at Fantail Photography is willing to work with the client. I told her I was on a budget and didn't want and entire day of photography. She created 3 different packages personally for me that would fit with in my budget. Our wedding took place in our backyard, she came out twice to check it out and get a feel for the evening. Ashley also sends out a form to find out what percentage of your photos you want for Formal, Candid, & Details, etc. She really listens to what the client (the Bride :)) wants!
    She provided a Sneak Peak with in a couple days of the event and had all the photos done less than a month later.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Cait · Married on 08/05/2017

I am so thankful that I found Ashley and Fantail Photography for my wedding! From the first meeting at Brew Haha, my husband and I knew that Ashley was the right photographer for us. She is a true professional, while also being friendly, casual and easy to work with. Ashley and Joe worked perfectly together to create and capture beautiful moments at our wedding. All of our family and friends commented on how seamlessly (and unnoticeable) Ashley and Joe worked through our wedding. Now that we have our pictures back, I only wish that we had splurged and gotten more pictures from Ashley because they are all so beautiful!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Javier · Married on 10/03/2015

Contact Fantail as early as possible. They will do your engagement photos as well and have access to location in the Chester and Delaware county that are great for engagement photos. Ashely was great to work with. You can mix and match the different package for a great price. Ashely and Joe did a great job at our wedding. They blended in the crowd great and took awesome pictures. Our wedding had some rain and we were worried that the photos would come out bad, Ashely did a great job with the editing and made every photo look great.

Sent on 11/27/2015

Ashley was great from day one, understanding that we are a laid back couple, wanting our photos to be natural and "us" like. She was flexible with her schedule to talk or meet up with me. Weddings and all there formalities make me nervous but Ashley is very understanding and her personality is great and really made it easy to relax. Not even 3 weeks later she had all of our photos completed and sent to us with full rights. And they are beautiful! They are so creative. I love the back drops, the emotions they captured, and all the nice little details. I would definitely refer fantail to others!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Angela · Married on 09/04/2013

4.2

Ashley with Fantail was very professional and had some great ideas. Since we had already had a commitment ceremony in the past, we opted to do more of a family session prior to going to the courthouse to do the "legal" aspect. Even though the courthouse venue wasn't really romantic, she got some shots that captured the spirit of the day. I like the fact that she put all the final shots on dropbox, and that we can have them all, without having to print a bunch that we will just file away.....which helps with cost savings.

Sent on 11/01/2013

3.4
      3.0
      2.0
      3.0

We chose Fantail based on the reviews on Wedding Wire. Unfortunately, we did not have the same experiences as noted on the other reviews. They are nice people and talented, and we did get some great photos. However, there were some issues including communication and follow through that make it difficult for us to recommend Fantail to others. Fantail was affordable, they were prompt and professional at the wedding, but overall it wasn't the best experience for us using Fantail Photography.

Sent on 02/23/2016