Fancy Girl Table Reviews

8 Reviews for Fancy Girl Table

1 User photo

Fancy Girl Table 1

Anto B · Married on 03/23/2019

The best choice you can make!

Fancy Girl were so far beyond professional and exceeded any and all expectations my wife and I could've hoped for. Jeanette was so personable, so fun, helpful, accommodating, and incredibly responsive throughout the entire process.

The food we had at our tasting with Fancy Girl was so incredibly delicious, and I'm not sure how, but the entire menu we chose tasted even better the day of our wedding. We've been getting non-stop compliments from our guests about how delicious the entire menu was, from the hors d'oeuvres, to the salad to dinner & desert.

Jeanette also went out of her way and helped us with finding all the vendors we used, and the wait and bar staff she provided were so attentive and took care of absolutely everyone, especially going out of their way for my wife and myself, consistently checking in on us.

I really cannot say enough great things about how amazing Jeanette and Fancy Girl Table were. Would recommend using them as they made the entire process so easy and helped us so effortlessly to make our wedding the biggest and best party Brooklyn has ever known.

Sent on 04/06/2019

BRIAN · Married on 11/18/2017

Jeanette and her team were amazing, every step of the way. And the food was incredible... months later friends are still commenting to us about it!

Sent on 02/28/2018
  • Margarita

Margarita · Married on 09/03/2016

My husband and I wanted to have a vegan wedding - which we knew would be a challenge! One of our top priorities whilst planning our wedding was to have good food - we had been to too many weddings where the food was mediocre or sometimes inedible. We were introduced to Fancy Girl Table via my wedding planner, and boy were we glad she recommended them. Jeanette and Margaret gave us a tasting that was beyond our wildest imaginations. We knew immediately that they would be the ones to cater our special day. Jeanette and Margaret were both so unbelievably accommodating - there were several times that they went out of their way to meet me at my office - they even hand-delivered cake samples to me because I couldn't get away from work. They made the entire catering process smooth and easy. When the big day came, our guests were floored - even the skeptical ones. Every single guest commented on how good the food was - we even heard some people say they could go vegan! When my husband and I walked around to greet guests, we couldn't help but notice how everyone had cleaned their plates. Jeanette worked with us to customize the perfect menu that left everyone satisfied and impressed with how delicious vegan food can be! Fancy Girl Table made our wedding day even more spectacular than either of us could have imagined. THANK YOU!!!!

Sent on 10/17/2016

justice · Married on 09/12/2014

WOW!
    I must mention that I am a food and beverage professional and have worked catering/wedding events for 10 years and I am VERY VERY particular. I worked thru 5 different caterers that could not fulfill our needs and Fancy Girl exceeded our expectations.
    The food is truly locally sourced from NY state farms and Jeanette utilized some herbs from her own personal garden. The presentations were only outdone by the quality of the food. Her preplanning and organization saved us so much stress and she was event able to save us some serious $$ on our rentals.
    My only complaint is that the food stole the show! It was almost exhausting listening to non stop compliments. If you are lucky enough to find Fancy Girl available for your date... you must utilize if you are seeking a true professional and delicious food!

Sent on 10/03/2014

Truly truly amazing, delicious, impressive, BEAUTIFUL, creative food --and charge half of what the other folks will charge you. I work in PR and events in NYC and I know every caterer in the tri-state area, and Fancy Girl is truly a step above. By the way, look at her profile on The Knot --you'll see how every dish she looks like it stepped out of the pages of a magazine...gorgeous.

If you want people to TALK about the incredible, delicious food at your wedding, Fancy Girl is your caterer! People never talk about how amazing food is at wedding because it's usually...not amazing.

Here are just a few of the reasons why they are the BEST caterer:
    -I had some ideas for what we wanted that we gave to Jeanette, Deanna, and her team at Fancy Girl, and they took it up about 5 notches...SO creative. We ended up doing family style with the most delicious Mac & Cheese, steak and other tasty dishes...(surprise late night snack: artisinal grilled cheese sandwiches that I still dream about)

-Fancy Girl is one of the few caterers that is organic/farm to table and uses local farms for the best ingredients; this means you're not getting mass produced chicken that's been frozen for 4 years (my worst fear!)
    ---they also specialize in vegetarian, organic, vegan food options... so tasty and amazing, your meat and potato-eating uncle won't even notice!

-I told her my budget and she was so lovely about staying within this; it's incredibly hard to find a caterer that isn't going to try to get you to spend even more

-Jeanette who runs Fancy Girl ONLY hires lovely, super professional staff...so everyone at my wedding SO friendly, and sweet...and went out of their way to make me feel so special for the wedding

-Want super unique touches like edible flowers on all of your dishes? check.

Can't recommend Fancy Girl enough...

Sent on 02/14/2014

David · Married on 09/01/2013

We went with Fancy Girl after Jeanette, Margaret, and D'Anne walked us through an outstanding tasting, with a complete menu of truly delicious (and quite large) dishes. We were simply wowed by how good the food was. And their help picking out table decor in the rental showroom was indispensable.

We needed all-vegetarian (and some vegan) catering for our wedding, and wanted to surprise our meat-eating relatives with just how good eating veggie can be. Fancy Girl absolutely delivered, with a wonderful, eclectic menu that had our guests complimenting the food at every turn. Highlights included sweet potato and black bean enchiladas, tofu vera cruz with heirloom potato and chipotle tomato sauce, quinoa sliders, a great Mexican cobb salad with veggie chorizo, and simply fantastic desserts (carrot cake whoopie pies, a dark chocolate pudding with caramel sea salt popcorn, and chocolate caramel cookie bars).

The team was extremely responsive to our emails and calls throughout the planning process. On the day of the wedding, D'Anne served as our captain/coordinator, and was truly helpful and responsive, keeping us updated regularly as the day went on. It was truly a relief to know we were working with someone who was keeping track of everything for us on the big day.

Sent on 10/06/2013

Susan · Married on 08/16/2008

The food was amazing - everyone raved about it. The people we worked with (Kelly and Jeanette) were friendly and responsive to our ideas. They took care of ordering the rentals and making sure everything was set up, and did a really wonderful job with all of it. Everything looked and tasted so good, I could hardly believe it was actually my wedding.

Sent on 09/09/2008