Fancy Figs Reviews

12 | Brunswick, ME

12 Reviews for Fancy Figs

12 Fancy Figs Reviews

Liz · Married on 07/13/2018

We used Fancy Figs as a "month-of" coordinator before our 7/14/18 wedding. I had an absolutely amazing experience with Kathleen Pacella and Fancy Figs. My husband travels quite a bit for work and our wedding was semi-destination (in Kennebunkport, ME and we are located in Boston), so I was really relying on her in those last few weeks. I am not a very detail oriented person, and my biggest fear in wedding planning was that I was going to miss something really obvious; enter Kathleen, the most detail oriented person ever. Seriously, she was so wonderful. She outlined every item that needed clarification or that was outstanding. She also identified cost saving areas (we were able to save some money by switching vendors for some of the rentals), which was an added bonus. On our wedding day, everything went so smoothly because of her. And no one on our end had to worry about doing small tasks or errands, which was really nice. She handled communication with all rental vendors, the photographer, venue planner, etc.

When creating our budget, we went back and forth a lot as to whether it was "worth it" to use a wedding planner; my husband in particular was really on the fence. However, it was SO worth it. Since the wedding he has mentioned multiple times how happy he is that we worked with Fancy Figs.

Sent on 08/01/2018

Fancy Figs's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Liz! It was a pleasure working with you on your beautiful wedding. I’m thrilled to know that you were able to relax, enjoy, and be fully present for all of the special moments of your wedding day. Cheers to you and Adam!

Kathryn · Married on 09/30/2017

If you are looking for someone to not only help you on your wedding day, but to help you plan the actual process, you don’t need to look any further than Fancy Figs. Our event coordinator, Kathleen Pacella, was absolutely amazing! We were having communication issues with our venue and over time without guidance and answers, it became extremely stressful to plan the simplest of our wedding day to the major events. We knew we needed extra help. We reached out to Fancy Figs, and immediately got a response from Kathleen. She immediately answered all of our questions and we instantly knew we wanted her to help us plan our wedding day. She took all of stress off our shoulders and helped us plan everything. The wedding day came, and we never had to worry about a thing. She worked extremely well with all of our vendors and made the day and timeline run incredibly smooth. She even took the time to put up our decor and clean it up at the end. We are truly so grateful for her. She is extremely professional and is also very creative. She is always open to suggestions and always has ideas in return. Our wedding day was amazing because of her. When people ask us for advice about the wedding planning, we tell them to hire an event coordinator/planner. We will always recommend Fancy Figs and Kathleen Pacella to plan any event. She is truly the most amazing event planner! Thank you again Kathleen from the bottom of our hearts!

Katie & Kevin
    09/30/2017

hannah · Married on 09/03/2017

Kathleen was amazing from start to finish! She was exactly who I needed. The moment I met her I felt like she was the bear choice out there and put me to ease right away. She was organized, experienced, personable, and made me feel like what ever problem came up, it would be solved. I highly recommend her!

Eliza · Married on 08/05/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Kathleen. From the first meeting, we knew we made the right decision. Kathleen made the whole process seamless and FUN! She had amazing ideas and made a vision come to life with ease and style. I don't know what we would have done without her!

Andrew · Married on 06/16/2017

Fancy Figs was fantastic to work with for our weekend long wedding at a summer camp in Maine. We hired Fancy Figs to help with planning, identification of vendors and support with managing the vendors, on-site event management, and day of coordination. Based on what we described as important to us, Kathleen connected us with wonderful vendors, helped us to identify what we needed, and helped to execute the most memorable weekend. I had the most relaxing wedding day I could have imagined. Kathleen had it all handled from monitoring the weather radar and making the call on keeping the ceremony outside, to bustling my dress when my family could not figure it out, to keeping the evening moving seamlessly. It was so seamless that my husband and I didn't even have to think about anything other than enjoying ourselves.

Above executing a wonderful day, we felt that Kathleen listened very well. She helped us to create EXACTLY the day WE were hoping for.

Thank you Kathleen!

Maryann · Married on 10/29/2016

Because of Kathleen's professional "grace" my daughter and I shared the sweetest wedding experience ever. We both appreciated her calm, tender, assertive and completely knowledgable ... about everything we needed ... manner. I wish I could hire her as my personal assistant just to work with her everyday. Thank you Kathleen!!!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Fancy Figs's reply:

Thank you, Maryann! It was an honor to help with K & E's big day - I wish I could work with you and your family every day, too!

Abby · Married on 09/17/2016

I cannot recommend Fancy Figs enough for your wedding or event planning. Kathleen and her team are kind, organized, and professional.

During our wedding Kathleen was our rock. Her energy is exactly what you want while planning a wedding, calm and informative. She’s extremely knowledgable, knows the industry, and is a master planner. When communicating with vendors and your guests, they are the best reflection and representation you could ask for.

On the day of the event with the assistance of Fancy Figs you can relax, enjoy the day, and not sweat the details.

I am THRILLED with my decision to hire Fancy Figs and could not be more grateful for an A+ experience. All around, 5 STARS.

Sent on 11/20/2016

Fancy Figs's reply:

Abby! Thank you so much for your glowing review. It was such a pleasure to work with you and your family, and I'm so glad to know that our assistance allowed you to relax and enjoy your wedding day. All the best to you and B!

Patrick · Married on 08/27/2016

Kathleen came to us highly recommended, and she did not disappoint. We hired her for a day of coordinator for both the wedding and rehearsal dinner.

When things went wrong with our venue, she fixed them. When things were missing, she found them. And she had the contacts we needed to make the day perfect -- from lighting, to catering to everything else. And her price was more than reasonable for the services she provided.

We couldn't have done it without her. She went above and beyond, and hiring her was easily the best decision we made in the wedding planning process.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Fancy Figs's reply:

Many thanks, Patrick - it was a joy to work with you both!

Melissa · Married on 07/25/2015

Kathleen as our wedding coordinator when she was at Black Tie Co., was an absolutely wonderful person to work with. From the first meeting Kathleen was unbelievably helpful, clearly organized, knowledgeable, and responsive to all of our questions. She clearly knows every possible detail that goes into smoothly planning a wedding, and makes sure everything get things done! On the day of the wedding everything went so perfectly, and it was because of Kathleen. We cannot recommend Kathleen highly enough!

I worked with Kathleen while she was at the Black Tie Company but I was so thrilled to hear she had branched out on her own that I had to write a review! While the Black Tie Company deserves a lot of credit for helping us pull off a hugely successful event, Kathleen was really the driving force behind that and deserves to be recognized for the fabulous work that she did. From the very first e-mail to the weeks immediately following our wedding, Kathleen was just spectacular to work with.

She was prompt and efficient with her communication and incredibly detail oriented. I appreciated that she let us follow our guts on most decisions but when our ideas had been proven to be unsuccessful in the past she steered us appropriately. We have been getting raves about our wedding and how well coordinated it was and I owe that entirely to Kathleen. I appreciated that she was always calm (even when forecast was for cold temperatures and rain on the weekend of our outdoor tent wedding) and seemed ready to handle any issue (like when the band blew the fuse we were using and she had to climb through a window to fix it). She coordinated the day seamlessly but unobtrusively, and I felt as though everything was running perfectly and smoothly, yet I felt like I barely saw her. As an organizer/planner type I didn't think I'd need a coordinator and I hadn't realized that a coordinator would come with our contract with Black Tie, but working with Kathleen was the best surprise of the wedding planning experience.

I would wholeheartedly recommend Kathleen to anyone and everyone looking to plan a wedding or a big event (she has worked with my dad on a few smaller-scale parties as well). She is the utmost professional and I was incredibly impressed with her coordinating and creative abilities. If you've been looking for an excellent coordinator/wedding planner, look no further.

Elizabeth · Married on 05/31/2014

I was fortunate enough to have Kathleen as my wedding coordinator at Black Tie Company in the Spring of 2014. Kathleen was so exceptional I recommended her highly to all my friends who were engaged or planning a wedding at the time. Her style is unique-- she is attentive, responsive and thorough without being overbearing or aggressive. She has a talent for reading people and understanding what kind of wedding they want. That doesn't just mean the style of wedding, it means the tone. For example, I wanted my whole process to be low-key and I didn't want to get bogged down making a million inane decisions. Kathleen made decisions for me, and she realized my vision to perfection. My wedding was amazing and I really attribute it to Kathleen. I should also add that I'm an attorney and I was pretty picky about the contract, the execution and the overall events of the day with regard to finances and making sure everything went smoothly and Kathleen didn't even blink at my annoying questions. I cannot recommend her enough for your special day!