Fancy Cakes by Lauren Reviews

90 Reviews for Fancy Cakes by Lauren

• Megan

Megan Higgins · Married on 11/10/2019

Highly Recommend!!!

Highly recommend Fancy Cakes by Lauren. Fancy Cakes stepped in when our initial bakery closed last minute. I am so happy that we were referred to Fancy Cakes by Lauren because they delivered a perfectly delicious and beautiful cake! The office was so easy to work with as well!

Sent on 12/11/2019

Jaimie · Married on 06/01/2019

Lauren is Amazing

Lauren was so easy to work with and she really nailed my cake. We were a very traditional decor couple and she made us an all cake, square tiered, lemon and chocolate cakes, with real flowers wrapped around the cake. She easily worked with my venue, planner, and florist seamlessly. Her mocha filling is wonderful and I could eat a whole bowl! You really can't go wrong choosing Lauren and her wonderful cake designs.

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing amazing amazing

The best of the best! Lauren was so easy to work with from the first email I sent her. She goes above and beyond with her cakes. She knows exactly how to bring your vision to life. Literally! Her cake is so delicious it was hard to decide which flavor of cake to go with at the cake tasting. No matter which one you go with, you cannot go wrong. I got the most compliments at my wedding over my cake. People are still talking about it to this day! If you want to wow your guests with your cake, Fancy Cakes by Lauren is your person! So beyond happy we went with her!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Mindy · Married on 03/30/2019

Elegant White Wedding Cake

I used Fancy Cakes by Lauren for my wedding cake and couldn't be happier! Lauren made the wedding cake process a breath of fresh air during all the chaos of planning a wedding. I had a dream of a very traditional elegant white wedding cake that had attributes from my grandparents wedding cake. I knew that this wasn't an easy task and Lauren would be the only one to make this vision a reality. Lauren exceeded all expectations as the cake was even more beautiful than I could have imagined. Not only did it look amazing, but it tasted just as good as it looked. During the cake testing, we loved all of the choices and had a very hard time choosing because all the flavors tasted so wonderful. Our wedding guest still talk about our wedding cake and how it was one to remember. Lauren created a cake that my family and I will cherish forever. I would highly recommend Fancy Cakes by Lauren for all your cake needs.

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 09/01/2018

Best Cakes ever

Lauren and her team are immaculate bakers and cake designers. They are all so nice- I missed my first tasting and they allowed me to come by and pick up the tasting pieces and enjoy them at home and take notes then we came back for the design meeting. She has a great way of collaborating with you and figuring out your dream cake with it being your idea- not something imposed on you :)

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Lauri

Lauri Smith · Married on 09/01/2018

Best wedding cakes ever!

We wanted a very specific grooms cake and Lauren made it perfectly. Not only was it incredible, it tasted amazing. The guests were all blown away. The brides cake was gorgeous and I still dream about how it tasted. We did the Champagne cake with raspberry filling

Sent on 02/05/2019

Brittney · Married on 08/11/2018

Lauren and Melinda were so amazing to work with and our cake exceeded our expectations. They were extremely responsive and helped us figure out exactly what we wanted while still keeping our budget in mind. The guests raved about the quality and how great it tasted and I was so happy when my mom sent a piece to our hotel room after the wedding that evening - it was the best thing to finish off an amazing wedding day with! We would recommend Fancy Cakes to everyone!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Terry · Married on 04/07/2018

Lauren created a beautiful and tasty wedding cake. She was very thorough in understanding our wants and desires. She worked with us in a timely manner. The cake arrived at the venue in excellent shape. Our champagne cake with raspberry puree filling and butter cream icing was out of this world delicious. It was just as we expected and our guests raved over the beauty and taste of the cake. I will definitely use Lauren again in the future and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/24/2018

Kristen · Married on 03/31/2018

Lauren with Fancy Cakes did our cake for our daughter's wedding. She was awesome to work with and made it exactly as Kristen hoped for. She wanted one side of the cake to be a brides traditional looking cake and the back side to be the grooms cake. The Groom's side was to be a rock climbing side of a mountain with two people climbing to the top. Lauren was able to make it without any fondant which was our request and it turned out perfect - actually beyond perfect!!!! The flavors also matched the perfection on the outside. We cannot say enough about this experience.

Thank you!!!!!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Kendall · Married on 02/03/2018

Wow! I cannot get over how AMAZING Lauren and her entire team is. We had an amazing experience with them. From the initial meeting to the wedding day, everything was LITERALLY seamless. I gave her the tough task of wanting a cake that was beautiful, architectural, simple yet complex, and represented me. Of course, we had only spent 5 minutes together! She immediately sketched out an idea and it was THE ONE. It was perfect, and it translated on wedding day to absolute brilliance. If I could give 10 stars, I certainly would!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Megan · Married on 11/25/2017

I would highly recommend Fancy Cakes by Lauren! Both our wedding and groom's cake were delicious and looked amazing! We only made it home with half of our topper because we kept going back for seconds. Lauren is upbeat and personable and made the whole wedding cake experience fun!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Kim · Married on 07/29/2017

Lauren is exceptionally talented, and was so fun to work with! At the consultation, she was able to take my ideas as a bride, and sketch them into a masterpiece. (Not to mention her cakes were the most delicious of all the tastings! Toffee caramel filling - YES please!) When we finally saw the cake at our wedding reception - we were amazed at its stunning beauty!!!!! It was everything I'd dreamed of, and MORE! Guests gasped when they saw it, and commented how tasty all the different layers were. After the wedding, we froze the leftovers, and ate on it for weeks. YUM!!! Fancy Cakes by Lauren is a top-notch bakery, and I highly recommend it to any bride. Thanks to Lauren and her wonderful team, we had the PERFECT, dreamy wedding cake!! :)

Sent on 12/07/2017

Nikki · Married on 05/05/2017

If you are looking for a great vendor to perform top notch work for your wedding, look no further. Fancy Cakes by Lauren is the best place to go. I received the recommendation from a friend and decided to give this establishment a try. Let me say that I am very glad that we did!

My fiancé (now husband) and I had three main factors in selecting a cake vendor 1. Professionalism 2. Quality of Service/
    Easy to work with, and 3. Price. Lauren hit all three of these areas out of the park. The ambience of her studio was welcoming and inviting. The sample cake selection was incredible (we ate all of them and could not decide which flavors to pick), the pricing was very reasonable for the area, and the portfolio of cake designs were impressive to say the least. Lauren gets to know each couple and helps them to select the best design for their wedding. The contract and design process is very simple and straight forward. There are no hidden fees! Her manager, Marissa was the best. She followed up with me during the process and made certain that we were still on schedule and/or checking in to see if we wanted any changes. On the wedding day, the delivery was timely, quick and efficient. A wonderful and professional set up! 5 stars out of 5

Sent on 05/29/2017

Bailey · Married on 08/13/2016

We had so much fun during our consult with Lauren! She was so friendly, and understood our vision almost instantly for the bridal cake. We were unsure of what we should do for the grooms cake, and she immediately starting sketching the most perfect idea! The cakes were all so delicious, it was hard to decide the flavors we wanted. I initially thought that we were getting a ton of cake in comparison to the guest count, however, ALL the cake was gone by the end of the night! It was a huge hit, we are so glad we chose Lauren!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Shannon · Married on 07/23/2016

Lauren and her team do some fantastic artistry if you want a really wild grooms cake, from buildings to animals to food items, she can recreate anything in cake form. We didn't do a grooms cake, but picked her because of her fun personality and the fact the taste of her cake and filling were phenomenal! Everyone at our wedding commented on how great the cake tasted. My husband cannot wait until our year anniversary so we can cut into our saved cake and I hope to use her again for other events in the future.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Lauren · Married on 04/16/2016

Lauren and Marissa were so nice to work with. Our tasting with Lauren went smooth and it was hard to decide which flavors we wanted. She helped us find exactly what we wanted that fit within our budget. We received many compliments on our cake and we're looking forward to our one year anniversary!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Jerica · Married on 03/26/2016

Lauren did a fabulous job on my wedding cake! Not only did it look beautiful, it was delicious! Lauren is such a joy to work with! I will be using her again!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Melissa · Married on 03/20/2016

Lauren was amazing! I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted - just had a few things I liked in mind and a picture of my wedding gown. She worked her magic.... she looked at the picture and designed a PERFECT cake for our special day. It was 5 tiers of yummy goodness..... her Irish Creme with English Toffee couldn't have been more luscious! No hassle, spot on design, and just a FUN person to work with. LOVE LOVE LOVE her!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Jobbin · Married on 11/28/2015

Lauren was fun to work with and she designed a naked cake for us. The cake tasted amazing and she took the extra step of spray painting our cake topper for us. We highly recommend Lauren and appreciate all her help!

Sent on 01/07/2016

Nicole · Married on 10/10/2015

Fancy Cakes by Lauren is the cake vendor to choose! I showed Lauren a couple wedding cake pictures from Pinterest and she immediately starting drawing a cake that incorporated all of my ideas! It was exactly what I wanted. It was fun, creative, and tasted amazing! I'm going back to Lauren for our one anniversary!!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Chelsea · Married on 09/13/2015

Lauren is the BEST!!! We had so much fun working with her & she did such a INCREDIBLE job on our wedding cakes! So delicious & more beautiful than I could have imagined! Her detailing is absolutely immaculate! I highly recommend her & would work with her again in a heartbeat!!!

Sent on 10/11/2015
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 09/12/2015

As you can see by the flood of reviews, Lauren and her team are truly special! From our very first meeting, she was so fun and easy to talk to- she made me even more excited about my wedding than I already was! I wore a pale pink wedding dress with ruffles on the bottom, and I wanted a cake to match. Not only did Lauren PERFECTLY capture my vision, the cake was sooo delicious- definitely not your standard wedding cake! I can't wait to eat our frozen pieces in a few more weeks : )

Lauren was amazing and we were lucky to be able to have our cake made by someone so incredibly talented!

Sent on 08/21/2016

For my grooms cake I decided on a giant stack of pancakes. We put our order through to the Four Seasons, they use Fancy Cakes by Lauren. We set a picture of what we wanted. The greatest thing was the at the cake went above and beyond what I was expecting. It was the most authentic looking giant stack of pancakes with a dollop of butter I have ever seen. My mind was blown, and so were the guests. We go so many compliments about it. If you want a fun or fancy cake I would go through Fancy Cakes by Lauren.

Sent on 09/24/2015

ryan · Married on 03/14/2015

Lauren is everything I could ask for in a cake vendor. She is nice, prompt, has delicious cake, and is very flexible. Due to a missed flight, I has to reschedule last minute and she came in on her day off to accomidate me. I would and have recommended her to everyone I know, and am so excited to see and taste our finished product.

Sent on 12/19/2014

candy · Married on 11/08/2014

It's hard to improve on excellence! Lauren is off the charts! Not only are her cakes extremely creative, they taste incredible. The cake was so delicious that the guests ate every bite! I wouldn't even think of going anywhere else after such a wonderful experience!

Sent on 06/05/2015