Famous Dave's Reviews

12 | Woodbridge, VA

12 Reviews for Famous Dave's

• Angela

Angela · Married on 10/15/2016

Famous Daves far surpassed my expectations. The food was amazing! The delivery went smoothly and the staff was amazing. Everyone loved the food. From my first inquiry to the days leading up to the wedding, responses were always quick.

Sent on 10/24/2016

I can't say enough about how much I would recommend Crystal Kimbro and Famous Daves Catering. Crystal is amazing - a complete pleasure to work with and she has gone above and beyond the entire process. She was always available to answer my endless questions, made sure all requests were noted and taken care of, and even came out to meet us at our venue to ensure the day-of would run smoothly.

I've been to countless weddings where I know family and friends have spent a ton of money on their wedding food and honestly it's been mediocre 9 times out of 10. People were shocked and pleasantly surprised to see Famous Daves as our wedding caterer...because they knew they would be eating good! We got a ton of compliments on our catering selection of Famous Daves.. and for a wedding of almost 200, even our last guest was served a delicious plate of HOT food.

You get top-notch customer service throughout the ENTIRE process and the end result is great tasting food at an amazing price. You really can't ask for any more. There is truly no better option for your dollar. I am so happy we opted for them to be apart of our wedding day.

Sent on 10/04/2015

Melissa · Married on 10/25/2014

Famous Daves, Germantown MD hands down were the best.

Sent on 11/03/2014

I already love Famous Dave's food, so it was an easy choice to have them cater our wedding. They were so great to work with! I made a ton of changes and they were super patient with me. We had two servers work the buffet line for our wedding and they were friendly and helpful. The food was phenomenal! And they bring all their sauces! I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/30/2014

We loved having Famous Dave's cater our wedding reception! The manager for VA was so helpful and very responsive to emails/calls. We were able to make last minute changes to our reservation too without a problem (48 h in advance). Food was great, and our guests loved it!!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Kristi · Married on 10/12/2013

Crystal and her team provided excellent service as well as great food for my wedding. They went the extra mile and made everything perfect!

Sent on 10/24/2013
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/29/2013

Food was delicious and on time. The staff were very friendly. I had an issue with my credit card the morning of the wedding but it was quickly fixed with in 10-15 mins! They worked around the issue with me. Love me some cornbread ;)

Sent on 07/30/2013
  • F

Felicia · Married on 04/21/2012

We used the Famous Daves from Spotsylvania Va. the Barbecue was the best everyone loved the food. The server was on time and had the food ready to serve on time.

Sent on 05/19/2012

Jenna · Married on 07/15/2011

Famous Dave's provided incredibly delicious, incredibly affordable food for our guests! They provided a wonderfully generous tasting to us, made every dietary adjustment for my father and matron of honor necessary, and gave special additions for our head table to enjoy. They were flexible and helpful, and our guests are still talking about how great the food was at our wedding!

Sent on 03/29/2012

Christine · Married on 06/04/2011

The food was perfect! Definitely get the warming platters, they are great!

Sent on 06/21/2011
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn · Married on 05/29/2011

Working with Jackie was absolutely wonderful. Her and her team were so responsive during our planning process. We made a ton of changes due to hitting a financial snag during our planning, and she worked with us every step of the way.

At the wedding, I actually didn't even see them arrive! We were so busy getting pictures done and talking to people that I didn't even know they were there until I smelled the food cooking. The staff was unbelievable, too. They got everything cooked, set up, and served absolutely seamlessly. They even asked me if we wanted to keep the food (rather than just tossing it). The only complaint that I have is that they didn't bring any kind of take-out containers for leftovers (luckily we had brought aluminum foil and Ziploc bags).

And this goes without saying, but the food was PHENOMENAL. They even cooked burgers and hotdogs that we brought ourselves (we arranged that ahead of time). I got so many compliments about the food, it made me feel like I had really made a good choice for our guests. I would refer Jackie and her team to anyone looking for an amazing caterer.

We served:
    100 burgers (provided by us, cooked by FD)
    60 hot dogs (provided by us, cooked by FD)
    60 pulled-BBQ sandwiches (FD)
    FD Macaroni & Cheese (with jalapeno and corn)
    FD Drunkin' Apples
    FD Wilbur Beans

Sent on 06/05/2011

Jessica · Married on 06/23/2013

3.0

We had a rustic, personalized wedding, so we wanted barbecue, and Famous Dave's had great food at a great price! We paid a little extra for 2 servers to stay and serve the buffet line. The manager was professional and organized in keeping track of the details of our order. The food turned out great- we had st. louis style ribs, and the chicken breast (as a non bbq sauce option), as well as the mac & cheese, broccoli, and potato salad. My only complaint is that they sent these 18 or so year old kids to be our servers, who did not follow my directions at first. We had our guests rsvp with their meal option, so I had ordered a specific amount of ribs and chicken to reflect that. I personally went out to the buffet to tell the servers that, and instructed them to please ask guests which one they had requested, and serve them only that entree. A few minutes after the buffet line began, however, my mom noticed that the servers were giving out one of each to every person! Thankfully she noticed, or else the end of the line would not have had anything to eat! My mom told them again to serve only one meat to each guest, and they did finally listen.

Sent on 10/03/2013