Faith In Marriage Reviews

146 | Fishersville, VA

146 Reviews for Faith In Marriage

Jessica · Married on 10/12/2013

Jennifer was perfect for our wedding! She took time out of her busy schedule to not only email us, but speak with us on the phone and meet up for coffee to get to know us before our ceremony. She sent us several ideas and versions of a rough draft of our ceremony "script" and worked with us to find the perfect words. Her writing was beautiful, especially her "hands" ceremony. Not a dry eye in the house! She was flexible with her time and so easy to work with. I loved her demeanor during our ceremony (and pretty much every time we spoke!) - she exudes a contagious happiness and joy and you can't help but smile when you're with her. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/10/2013

Alaina · Married on 09/28/2013

Jennifer was very easy to work with. We lived about an hour and a half away, and she was willing to work with us solely through email and telephone. She made it easy for us to customize her ceremony in ways that made it special for us. She arrived on time, was professional, and we thought her price was reasonable.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Angela · Married on 09/14/2013

Jennifer officiated at our wedding a few weeks ago, and she was amazing! In the months leading up to the wedding she was always very prompt with the script and gave her full attention to our questions and comments. She makes the process of creating your wedding ceremony very easy and personable. She was very organized throughout the whole process and a huge help during rehearsal. My husband and I have received SEVERAL compliments about how wonderful the ceremony was---in fact, most people told me it was one of the best wedding ceremonies they had ever witnessed! I highly recommend Jennifer as a wedding officiant, and will continue to do so to everyone I know that is getting married!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2013

I was very pleased with the services I received! She was patient with me and helped me every step of the way! Many Thanks! Now I'm happily married!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Kathryn · Married on 08/31/2013

Jennifer was a wonderful Officiant!!! My husband and I could not have found anyone better than her to marry us! She came highly recommended from our venue and I can see why! Very professional and provides a ceremony that is personalized to you, your spouse, and personal beliefs! Arrived on time and remained calm and collected even through rain. Well prepared and great speaker!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Monica · Married on 07/13/2013

Probably the biggest problem my husband and I had with our wedding was finding an officiant who would do a ceremony that was completely secular and who also seemed like someone we'd be willing to work with (and who we could afford). After one phone call with Jennifer, we were pretty sure that she was the one for us, and so we booked her -- and, in retrospect, we are so glad that we did!

Jennifer was awesome. She was totally chill with making our ceremony about zombies, was absolutely respectful towards husband's Catholicism AND my atheism, and had better suggestions for our ring-warming ceremony than we found anywhere else. On top of that, she was friendly and fun to talk to and loud enough to be audible outdoors even without amplification. I can't say enough good things.

Sent on 10/01/2013

rebekah · Married on 06/15/2013

My husband and I were very pleased with Jennifer. She worked with us to find the wording and ceremony that fit us and our family. My husband didn't want to have to talk too much and she was able to re-word the ceremony so all he would have to say is "I do," haha. We wanted to include my children into the ceremony and she was more than happy and willing to assist us in finding the right words and sand ceremony for that part. When we met Jennifer she was very professional but she was also easy to talk to, helpful and very nice. I had many people come up to us after the ceremony and ask what church she preached at because they were so impressed with how she officiated over our wedding. We are so happy Jennifer performed our ceremony and would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for an officiant.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Meredith · Married on 06/02/2013

I cannot be more happy and thankful that Rev Jennifer officiated our wedding. We found her online by reading reviews of other couples who worked with her as well. We were looking for an officiant that was not affiliated with a specific church, and who could be flexible enough to provide just the right sense of spirituality, love and faith that exemplified our beliefs and our relationship. Rev Jennifer was an absolutely perfect fit! She gave us so many options of how to lay out the ceremony, which allowed us to assemble a ceremony that perfectly fit the message we wanted to communicate. We had spoken with her over the phone, and emailed back and forth many times before our wedding, but we didn't even meet until our rehearsal the day before the wedding! She was exactly what we hoped for, and couldn't have been happier. Thank you Rev. Jennifer!!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Cynthia · Married on 05/25/2013

Jennifer Ashcraft was great ...She listened to our thoughts and our values .....The ceremony was beautiful.
    I would recommend her to anyone that is looking for a wedding on a personal level

Sent on 09/17/2013

Crystal · Married on 05/04/2013

Jennifer was amazing! She made us feel comfortable when we told her we wanted a spiritual tone to our wedding and not a religious one. She was an incredible resource of poems, ceremony ideas and wedding vows. Her professionalism was above reproach. We loved having Jennifer apart of our wedding and would do it again a million times over.

Sent on 09/18/2013

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2012

I found Jennifer online based on a few positive reviews from other brides and when I spoke to her on the phone for the first time, it was like talking to an old friend. She has a great spirit that really connected with me and even though we did not meet with her before the wedding, she was able to create a meaningful and personal ceremony for us. She was open to our suggestions in the drafting process and did a fantastic job with our rehearsal and the wedding itself. Her pricing is very reasonable for Charlottesville and she was worth every penny. I can’t recommend her enough!

Sent on 01/25/2013

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2012

Rev. Jen Ashcraft was our officiant at our wedding ceremony at King Family Vineyards. I recommend her 100% without hesitation. We do not live close to the area we got married and she always communicated with us promptly. When we wanted to meet with her, she was flexible to meet our needs. You can be as involved in creating and customizing your ceremony as you want to be, and she was always available to assist with the process as well. She is also very reasonable with her pricing in my opinion when I compared her with other officiants in the area. I would have chosen to work with her regardless of the cost, as she was very nice and easy to work with.

Sent on 11/08/2012

Ryan · Married on 09/07/2012

Jennifer loves what she does and this shines through in her work with Faith in Marriage. I've given her full stars on the rating portion because she nailed it-- My wife and I LOVED the ceremony as did our families.

Our's was a small gathering, more of an intimate family moment, and to that end we worked with Jennifer to craft a ceremony that detailed the occasion. It was unique, fitting the tone that we desired, creating a real sense of community- the presentation was excellent.

On the technical points, well prepared, courteous and punctual- check.

And in the larger context, she was excited to work with us and create something special-- That's important!--If you're reading this review, I'd say go ahead and contact her as that's probably the best way to get a read on the person you're inviting to officiate your wedding.

Sent on 02/04/2013

Kimberly · Married on 09/01/2012

Words cannot express how wonderful Jennifer was, and how special she made our wedding day! We were looking for someone who could create a simple, unique ceremony for us and Jennifer far exceeded our expectations! We worked with her over the phone and email, and met her only a few minutes before our actual ceremony - yet none of our guests were any wiser. Jennifer created and delivered a beautiful ceremony that matched us perfectly, and one which so many of our guests commented on. We will always be grateful for the wonderful experience, and cannot imagine anything better!

Sent on 09/05/2012
  • Angie B

angie · Married on 08/03/2012

Jennifer did a wonderful job on our ceremony and we were so pleased. We had done all of our communications via phone or email, however on the day of the wedding and during the ceremony you would of thought Jennifer had known us for years. She has a way of making you feel so comfortable as well as providing a ceremony that was perfect for us. She allowed us to tailor the ceremony to what we needed while providing the guidance that we needed. We had so many great comments at the reception about the ceremony and just the overall way the ceremony highlighted the love we had for each other. We would recommend her without any reservations.

Maria · Married on 07/21/2012

My husband and I are absolutely thrilled that we found Jennifer to be our officiant. We will have fond memories of our wedding ceremony forever because of how wonderful she was. She was always very quick in her responses and always answered each of my questions thoroughly. She talked to us about what type of ceremony we wanted early on and respected all of our wishes when she sent the first draft. She sent lots of options that we could pick from and we were able to have a ceremony that completely fit our personalities and what we wanted. The day of the ceremony she arrived early, we didn't have to worry about anything, we knew it was all under control. She delivered the ceremony beautifully, covering up all of our mishaps and our guests absolutely LOVED her, we received many compliments afterwards. I would HIGHLY reccomend her to anyone, she made all the special changes we requested that were non traditional.

Sent on 09/14/2012

Amy · Married on 05/26/2012

Reverend Jennifer was great, we are so glad we found her and she was available to marry us! We planned the wedding long distance since it was more or less a destination wedding, and she worked with us over the phone and through e -mail to plan the ceremony, and helped us to make it personal and meaningful. Her spiritual and joyful personality made it so easy and the most important part of the wedding day was so special. We would recommend her to anyone!

Carmen · Married on 04/27/2012

Rev. Ashcraft was the best choice we could have ever made. From the first conversation we had on the phone to the end of the ceremony everything felt comfortable and welcoming from her. My husband and I were extremely pleased with her services and couldn't have asked for a better officiant. She did a wonderful job even while she was getting over being sick and losing her voice. I love how flexible and helpful she was when it came to getting the vows written. Thank you so much Rev. Ashcraft!

Stanley · Married on 12/03/2011

We were looking for someone to help us blend our faiths -- Christian and Buddhist -- in marriage. Jennifer met with us, listened carefully, suggested various ideas and readings herself, and incorporated passages we ourselves had found. Our ceremony became a totally meaningful, unique expression of our individual commitments and our shared faith. We appreciated her sensitivity and her joy at joining us in marriage.

Karen and Stanley
    Staunton, VA

Sent on 03/08/2012

Samantha · Married on 10/15/2011

Jennifer was absolutely wonderful! The ceremony she wrote for us was beautiful, and tailored to exactly what we wanted. She was very friendly and professional, and even flexible with my extreme tardiness to both the rehearsal and our ceremony! Her words were so perfect for our big day, we are having them printed and framed. Thank you Jennifer!

Sent on 02/09/2012

Becky · Married on 06/18/2011

If we could give Jennifer higher than a 5-star rating, we would - she was wonderful! She crafted a nearly perfect ceremony after talking with us, and she was very accepting of our tweaks and ideas for adjustments to the ceremony. We ended up with a ceremony that felt meaningful and perfect for us. Her presence is very peaceful, loving and calming. Many of our guests asked us "where in the world did you find her?" because they were so impressed with the ceremony. We are so glad that we found Jennifer.

Sent on 08/18/2011

Marian · Married on 05/21/2011

Jennifer was wonderful to work with. Despite a 2+ hour drive, she came for both the rehearsal and the wedding. She was so flexible in providing the type of ceremony we wanted, which was great after having interviewed another officiant, a retired minister, who was "my way or the highway" and basically handed us a script and asked us to sign off on it. Jennifer was knowledgeable about a variety of ways to do the different parts of the ceremony and on advising us on the flow and sequencing. On the day of our wedding, she was very reassuring and put us right at ease. Throughout, Jennifer was very communicative and straightforward. We said that after the wedding, we definitely felt like it was exactly what we wanted and it was customized to our needs and beliefs. We would recommend Faith in Marriage without hesitation.

Sent on 09/23/2011

Sarah · Married on 05/16/2011

Jennifer is A-MAZ-ING! First, she is very communicative. She ALWAY answered her e-mails and voicemails. She wrote the most gorgeous, personalized ceremony for us, and then she was completely and totally open to me tweakinga and re-writing. She has a calm, quiet, and happy spirit - just what you WANT at the happiest day of your life.

I found her on Wedding Wire! What a blessing the internet is because truly, I really can't imagine anyone else doing our wedding.

Her voice is soothing and joyful (not overly bubbly, just relaxed and peacefully happy). She didn't stumble on a word - sounded like she knew each word by heart, and the whole ceremony was just that much better and happier being presided over by her.

She was RIGHT ON TIME, unobtrusive, went with the flow, and did a beautiful job. I can only get married once, but at vow renewal time, I'm calling Jennifer!!!!

Sent on 06/17/2011

Emily · Married on 05/14/2011

Would definitely recommend to anyone. She was easy going and patient with me. Just in talking with Jennifer over the phone she put together vows that were just about perfect for us without ever meeting in person. Very trustworthy & professional.

Sent on 08/06/2011

Sarah · Married on 07/17/2010

Jennifer was wonderful! She worked with us to help us make our ceremony personal and meaningful. She was very helpful throughout the planning process and did a wonderful job the day of the wedding. Our ceremony was everything we hoped it would be! We definitely recommend her!

Sent on 07/31/2010