Fairview Farm Events Reviews

175 | Powhatan, VA

175 Reviews for Fairview Farm Events

Linda · Married on 10/13/2015

My daughter and her now husband were extremely blessed by Fairview Farm in their generous act of kindness as they celebrated Fairview Farm’s One Year Anniversary by having a contest giving away a free wedding at Fairview Farm!!! From the time that we started planning the wedding to the wedding day everything went very smoothly. Debbie and Blanton are wonderful to work with and they truly wanted our wedding to be unique and special! The actual venue is very expansive; it has a bridal suite, man cave for the groom, various options to have a ceremony, a covered pavilion for the cocktail hour and a gorgeous, rustic barn for the reception. It was truly an amazing, beyond anything we can imagine wedding. Fairview Farm has precisely chosen everything about the property from the lighting and furniture pieces to the woodworking of the barn to create the most incredible atmosphere for the perfect rustic chic wedding experience. We are continually getting wonderful comments back from our family and friends of how the wedding was the best they have ever been to and how the venue was so unique and magical. Thank you so much to Debbie and Blanton for their generosity and giving us a flawless and wonderful wedding for our daughter. Fairview Farms is without a doubt the perfect place for a destination wedding for brides looking for a Farm with charm!!! The owners have truly thought of everything making the planning process stress-free for any Bride & Groom! The Barn itself needs no decorating; their unique antique pieces, chandler, bistro lighting, fire pits all make for a breath taking atmosphere! I could not speak more highly of such an incredible venue! I highly recommend choosing Fairview Farm to make all your dreams come true! You and your guests will not be disappointed!

Bob · Married on 10/13/2015

Fairview Farm is a hidden gem. It is an absolutely beautiful venue and my daughter was so fortunate to be the recipient to the generous wedding giveaway. My daughter was just married at this gorgeous barn and the event was flawless and perfect! The owners Debbie and Blanton made the wedding planning process so easy and enjoyable. The day of the wedding was flawless and perfect. They handled all the details so my family and I could sit back and enjoy this special day. The venue was decorated very tastefully; whereas the bride and groom could have a perfect wedding day. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who is interested in a stress-free amazing wedding. The owners Debbie and Blanton were so accommodating and they truly want your day to be the most memorable day of your life. Our guests were so impressed and said this was the best wedding they've ever been to. They raved about how they thought the venue was so beautiful and they loved being able to enjoy the outdoors and the beautiful sunsets during the reception. Debbie and Blanton thank you for making all my little girls dreams come true!!!

Alex · Married on 10/13/2015

Fairview Farm is the most gorgeous Farm venue that I have seen and been to! The setting is absolutely gorgeous with a beautiful country atmosphere! The venue was more than generous in accommodating the wedding- the space is ample and perfect for larger weddings. It is personal, beautiful, chic and rustic and would make the best outdoor wedding venue for anyone looking for this type of setting! Thank you Fairview Farm!

Linda · Married on 10/13/2015

Thank you Fairview Farm for the beautiful and amazing wedding for Ben and Christianne Evans. It was joyous and memorable day and your facilities made it. The farm is beautiful and the detail is breath-taking! I will always recommend your services.

Benjamin · Married on 10/13/2015

My wife, Christianne and I were blessed with the opportunity to be provided with an incredible wedding from Fairview Farm. The night was absolutely magical, and we attribute its success to the wonderful people and facilities at Fairview Farm. We could not have had a more beautiful wedding or reception if it had not been for Fairview Farm. We absolutely recommend them to anyone who is planning their wedding. You will not be disappointed!!!!!

Taylor · Married on 10/13/2015

I was part of a wedding here and everything went very smoothly, it all happened on time and there were no problems that we knew of. The Bride was extremely happy and everything was absolutely gorgeous!!!!! If I wasn't already married I'd try and plan a wedding here!

Ellie · Married on 10/13/2015

Fairview Farms is one beautiful venue. My granddaughter just got married there in October and it was magnificent. I have been to a lot of weddings and her wedding was magical. The venue was rustic but it also was chic. In the covered pavilion and the barn hung beautiful chandeliers and outside was a bon fire to just relax and enjoy time with the extended family. Every bit of all the details made the wedding seem like a fairytale. I truly feel this venue will give my granddaughter and her new husband many happy and wonderful memories that will last a lifetime.

Brittany · Married on 09/26/2015

My husband and I booked Fairview Farm in July 2014 and were married on September 26, 2015. The owners of Fairview made the entire process easy and stress free. We loved having access to the farm the night before and morning after our wedding. I can't even begin to explain how beautiful this venue is and perfect for our rainy wedding day. It was very important for us to have a venue that we could use rain or shine without losing the beauty of it. Our guests were completely comfortable during our ceremony which took place under the pavilion and then enjoyed hours of dancing and fun in the barn. It rained all day but had very little effect on our outdoor wedding. If you are someone who is concerned about rain on your day but still want your ceremony outside, this is definitely your venue. We are still receiving messages from our guests commenting on how beautiful the farm is and how much fun they had. The owners are very flexible and easy to work with. I gave this venue five stars in every category which is a true reflection of my satisfaction with them. I cannot thank them enough for making our day so special.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Pam · Married on 09/19/2015

Wonderful experience. Debbie & Blanton Gordon have done an outstanding job with providing the family with an unforgettable venue. The guest house was like being at home. Very spacious & comfortable. "Man Cave" was over the top. Everyone commented on how beautiful the barn & entire venue was. Thanks so much for making our experience something we will always remember.

Sent on 10/10/2015

Amanda · Married on 09/13/2015

Well its official,we just booked our September 2015 wedding here, I have to say as a woman who never thought she'd even get married, is so excited to get married at this beautiful venue, some months back as my daughter and I were surfing the web on venues we ran across this one that her friend got married at, and as soon as I saw the pictures I told her this is the one! We made an appointment for a viewing and fell in love the second we got there, pictures really do it no justice you have to see it in person, I was amazed with all the detail and at home feel, we didn't want to leave.
    Debbie is such a delight and she really cares for her brides,but with that said she also thinks about her grooms as well, she even has a man cave for them, in which we thought was wonderful after all they have to be happy to right!
    September 2015 can not get here soon enough, Thank you Debbie for sharing your beautiful place.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Denise · Married on 09/12/2015

What a terrific venue! We were lucky enough to plan far enough in advance that we had no trouble securing a date for my daughter's wedding. Because the venue has so much charm, the preparations were much easier than if we had to supply all of the décor ourselves. Debora and Blanton are so easy to work with, and even when we hit some small speed bumps, they were flexible and accommodating. The wedding party stayed on the property for the whole weekend, which enabled them to have all the fun they could cram in to 2 days without ever having to leave! We used vendors for catering and music that Debora recommended, and were totally pleased with the services. Thanks for helping us make such a wonderful memory!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Bailey · Married on 08/22/2015

My first visit to Fairview Farm was in the middle of an ice storm, but it didn't stop me, my fiancé and our families from falling in love! I recently got to visit again and it is even more beautiful in the warm sunlight! Everything is so beautifully decorated that you don't have to do anything to make it the perfect wedding venue! The inside of the barn is picture perfect with so many fun antiques from around Powhatan county. We are most excited to be able to stay the whole weekend in the farmhouse, which will definitely lessen the stress of the weekend! We are so excited to get married in August of 2015!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Jasna · Married on 08/15/2015

I have just booked my August 2015 wedding yesterday, and I couldn't be more ecstatic about it!! When I first came upon the pictures of the place, I could see myself having my ceremony and reception there. Although, when we first came to check the place out, I was absolutely breath-taken! Debbie was there to meet us, and she was truly amazing! She showed us around the whole property and explained everything to us in complete details. I have gone twice to check the place out, because I just can't get enough of it. We have chosen the weekend package, so we will be staying in the house next to the barn, and the house is spectacular! It puts a smile on my face every time I see it. The barn couldn't be more beautiful! Debbie and Blanton have done an amazing job setting it all up and making it perfect for weddings. My fiance is especially excited about the "man land" game room where he will be spending quality time with his groomsmen. I don't know of another wedding venue that offers a house especially for the ladies and a separate place for the men the night before the wedding, and to me this quality time to ourselves is very needed. I am so thankful for Debbie and Blanton for providing me with a place and a weekend get-away for my dream wedding.

Sent on 07/12/2014
  • Jasna

Jasna · Married on 08/15/2015

Debbie and Blanton were so very good to us through this whole process. Because of them and this venue, our wedding was a dream come true. Debbie and Blanton were always there to answer any questions and made it possible for us to design our wedding our way with all of their beautiful props that they have available at the venue. Having the venue to ourselves the whole weekend also helped out a lot to clear our minds and get ready for the wedding. The house is absolutely beautiful and the bridal suite is breathtaking. I have always wanted a country style wedding, and our wedding day was more than we could have ever imagined thanks to Fairview Farms. Thank you Debbie and Blanton! God bless you!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Leslie · Married on 08/09/2015

Venue is beautiful! We loved all of the extras provided such as table numbers, easels, chalkboards, table arrangements and much more. It was ideal for the bride and groom to be able to spend the night onsite after the reception.

Sent on 09/19/2015

Kelly · Married on 07/25/2015

Todd and I just booked our wedding for July 2015 at Fairview Farm. We had seen a few venues before going to Fairview Farms and we were blown away by how amazing it is! The barn and house were so beautiful and had such a magical feeling. Debbie was so great and welcoming. We cannot wait to get married at Fairview Farms!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Kelly · Married on 07/25/2015

Todd and I got married at Fairview Farm two weeks ago on July 25th. It was an absolutely perfect venue. We had our rehearsal dinner in the barn, the bridesmaids, mothers of the groom and bride, grandmothers and I all got ready at the farm house on the day of the wedding which was so great and stressfree. We enjoyed the beautiful house and already being at the location for the ceremony and wedding. Our ceremony was so perfect infront of the barn. The pavillion and barn were great for our cocktail hour and reception. We had so many guest telling us how awesome our wedding was, which we totally agreed with! We could not have asked for a better location and set up for our wedding. Debbie and Blanton were so great to us and made the wedding planning process much easier. It was such an amazing weekend and we were so lucky to get married at Fairview Farm! I would highly recommend Fairview Farm as a wedding venue!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Chelsea · Married on 06/03/2015

Fairview farm events has proven to be the perfect venue for your ideal barn/rustic wedding. My fiancé and I won a wedding package through a contest that fairview farm events had generously hosted. Deborah and her team will make you feel right at home. Fairview farm events takes away all the stress that comes with planning a wedding. The barn is decorated according to season so there's minimal decorating to do yourself. Deborah has an extensive list of caterers, djs, photographers that come highly recommended, on their preferred list. Fairview farm events will do whatever they can to make you feel special on your special day. We were even given a homemade bird house on our initial visit and it's little things like that that ensure great hospitality and good hearts.

Sent on 12/13/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/16/2015

We booked fairview over a year before we actually got married, and the owners kept constant contact with us. We took our engament pictures at this beautiful venue and everyone loved them. The wedding day went smoothly thanks to Blanton helping in set up and their cleanup Crew was great! I love that we did not have to leave fairview the entire wedding weekend, it was stress free having the house right there to stay in and to get ready before walking down the aisle.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Bethany · Married on 05/02/2015

Our wedding is booked for May 2, 2015 and I couldn't picture our wedding anywhere else. We were sold minutes after getting on the property itself- it is gorgeous and breathtaking. You really cant ask for more. The ceremony takes place outside but even if it rains, the inside of the barn is just as pretty! The owners are absolute sweethearts & always is working on ways to keep on improving their venue. They have put so much love and effort into this place and it truly shows. Everytime we have been there, they have added something new. The venue has everything you would ask for and even has deals with certain vendors that you really cant compete with! Just all around fantastic venue- May cannot come fast enough!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Pamela · Married on 12/13/2014

The owners and staff provided a beautiful venue with exceptional service.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Rebecca · Married on 12/06/2014

My husband and I were married at Fairview Farm on December 6, 2014. I only looked at one other venue before choosing the farm – a place that was close to DC and within our budget – but it just wasn’t me. I wanted a barn wedding and always had. Having some family in southern Virginia, I started researching farms a little closer to them. Fairview was the first one to pop up. I called Debbie immediately and her passion and excitement for the farm and its story (not to mention the insane photos on her website) had me booking it and paying the deposit pretty much before I even hung up the phone. I booked it SIGHT UNSEEN. How crazy is that? My fiancé was on temporary duty at the time, so we couldn’t visit together until the following month, but I knew I wanted it. The first time we visited the farm, Debbie gave us the tour; the barn was decorated for Christmas, and I saw them bringing in a rustic head table that I absolutely loved. It was then that I knew. The barn had an eclectic simplicity to it that was perfect for us. Debbie had left the Christmas decorations up just so Aaron and I could see exactly what the barn would be like when we would be married there. We absolutely adored everything about Fairview Farm, from the barn to the owners to the old red truck outside. Our wedding day was perfect in large part thanks to Fairview and the vendors, photographers, and coordinators that they recommended. I couldn’t have asked for a better team!

I have thought about my wedding day and how I would do things differently if money and time were infinite. Honestly? I wouldn’t change a thing. I would even keep the rainstorm that soaked the ground all day and pounded on the tin roof as we got married. Fairview is an excellent venue that knows how to make families and couples feel loved.

The Ackerman's

Sent on 01/22/2015

Katie · Married on 11/29/2014

When my husband and I first visited Fairview Farm in February 2014 we fell in love, it was everything I had ever dreamed of for my wedding. I knew immediately that this was where I wanted to get married, it was beautiful and the owners were so sweet! Our original date ended up having a conflict and the owners were so kind to open up the weekend after Thanksgiving for us, which ended up being the perfect date for us. We got married November 29, 2014 and Debbie Gordan went above and beyond to have the farm looking spectacular for our Christmas themed wedding. The house (which we had for the weekend with the all-inclusive package), the grounds, and the barn were all decorated for Christmas and looked so beautiful. We have had so many compliments on our wedding and the venue. One cousin said it was the best wedding he had been to this year, he's been to 15!! We couldn't have been more blessed to have found Fairview Farm it surpassed every childhood fantasy. Our wedding was a perfect vintage chic fairytale and we owe a huge thank you to Fairview Farm and the Gordans for opening such a wonderful venue. We would recommend Fairview Farm to anyone wanting a unique and beautiful wedding venue and we are so happy that we were able to be a part of their first wedding season! If you book this venue you won't be disappointed, it was the best decision we made!!

Sent on 01/11/2015

Fairview Farm is really a wonderful venue! My husband and I were long distance during our engagement so I booked it alone and within three months of the wedding date! The owner spent a lot of time walking us around and showing us the property and all the different locations and decorations they have. I was even able to bring my mother back to see it and she gave us another tour just as thorough. We wanted to use some of our own vendors and they signed off on that fairly easily. I was able to create the wedding I had always dreamed of in this space.

The men have a GREAT spot to hang out in while they get ready/wait and the house has a beautiful bridal suite for the Bride/Bridesmaids. The antique decorations around the property made for some FANTASTIC pictures and while I did remove a lot of the interior decorations for my own style, it really can be a ready made venue. There aren't many "extra details" you have to be concerned about (i.e. toilets for everyone, no other barn I toured had bathrooms in the barn, and at many you had to rent some). It is easy access for people of all ages, my grandparents didn't have to worry about steps or ramps or walking far from the ceremony site to the reception. There are a lot of diverse options for a ceremony sites and while it rained during our reception, the porch and the lawn would be great for socializing and games. As it was for our wedding, it worked perfectly to have everyone in the barn the whole time.

I would definitely recommend Fairview Farm. Since it is mostly inclusive it really is a great deal for the money spent! The owners are kind and helpful and willing to work with you and your budget. Our guests repeatedly mentioned that our wedding at Fairview Farm was like something out of a fairytale and we felt the same! The venue lends itself to your vision and the owners are truly invested in creating a venue that is perfect for almost any style.

Sent on 03/06/2015

Tara · Married on 11/22/2014

So glad we chose Fairview for our wedding weekend! Extra bonus was being able to use the property for our engagement pictures. It was the perfect place to mesh our 'country' and 'city' families. We got married the weekend before Thanksgiving and were worried about the weather. Blanton was great in helping us coordinate with a tent company in the event of a chilly day. We were able to place a heated tent out back and it worked out great. We loved not having to leave the house all weekend, well worth the price for the all inclusive package! We've only heard awesome feedback from our guests about Fairview and we would certainly recommend this venue!

Sent on 01/06/2015