Fairview Farm Events Reviews

175 | Powhatan, VA

175 Reviews for Fairview Farm Events

Allyson · Married on 07/15/2017

Getting married at Fairview Farm Events was an unforgettable experience. It's an unbelievably beautiful location, both outside and inside the barn. There are so many spots we could choose to have the ceremony, and to have pictures together. So many people complimented the venue and how beautiful the wedding was.

My family and wedding party loved getting to stay on site. It made getting ready so easy - the ladies loved the house and the men loved the game room.

Debbie and Blanton are so kind and helpful, which made choosing this location an even better decision! They responded to emails promptly. They had a great list of vendors to use, which was a great place to start looking (since my husband and I aren't from Powhatan, so weren't completely sure of vendors we wanted).

This is the perfect location for a wedding, if you're looking for a rustic, charming, and romantic location.

Sent on 08/02/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/01/2017

We had our wedding July 1! We loved it! It is a beautiful place to stay and our family loved and appreciated that they could stay on site from Friday to Sunday morning. The owners are easy to get a long with and respect your privacy for the wedding. If there are any problems during your stay, they are very quick to fix the issue. Would highly recommend this place!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Julie · Married on 05/28/2017

Fairview Farm is a wonderful place to get married! When my husband and I were searching for a venue, this one stood out in so many ways. Everything is absolutely beautiful, and Debora and Blanton make the whole wedding planning process so easy and stress-free. They have a great list of preferred vendors, and we loved that they include so much in terms of decorations, props, etc. It rained the morning of our wedding, so we were also thankful to have a built-in/covered back-up location for our ceremony, just in case. Our guests loved the barn, the scenery, and all of the fun spots to take photos, too. We truly couldn’t be happier with our experience. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Julie · Married on 05/27/2017

We are getting married in May 2017, but so far have had THE GREATEST experience with Debbie! She is SO welcoming and friendly that we couldn't say no to this beautiful venue. Debbie tries to really create the whole package when it comes to a wedding to ease the stress of planning a wedding. Debbie has been VERY quick to respond to e-mails or phone calls and has been more than helpful answering questions. We toured the venue the same week we called Debbie and fell in love. It is a beautiful, large venue with so much romance and charisma. Debbie has also been so helpful with decorations, offering to help in any way she can! We are so looking forward to getting married there in 2017!

Sent on 12/13/2015

Brittany · Married on 05/20/2017

If you're looking for a wedding venue that offers you a fairytale-style wedding, then look no further than Fairview Farm. I got married in May of 2017 at Fairview Farm, and it was more magical than I could have ever imagined. I had high expectations from the start, but Debbie and Blanton truly blew us away. Thier team of preferred vendors, the benefits of their package, the care and attentiveness to their brides, and the breath-taking landscapes are all reasons to host your special day at Fairview Farm. I truly can't say enough wonderful things about our experience. Having friends and family/bridal party stay on the property all weekend was a blessing I cannot rave enough about - the whole weekend and day went by so fast, but I have so many memories from first getting there on Friday, seeing our bridal party arrive and "oooh" and "ahhh" as they walked the property was absolutely priceless.

Sent on 06/05/2017
  • F

Felina · Married on 04/30/2017

I cannot express how absolutely flawless my wedding day was at Fairview farm. The owners were very accommodating, flexible, organized, prompt and easy to contact with any questions or concerns with swift responses and helpful solutions. The way they provide a wedding coordinator in the package makes ALL the difference. (Angela from XOXO is such a sweetheart, but a decisive boss lady who takes care of business). I literally had ZERO stress. The usual wedding concerns were none of mine. A Plan B for weather? They have options for indoor and outdoor ceremonies, so no need to worry about the weather. Decor? Forget spending an arm and a leg on crafts store wedding decor that you'll never be able to reuse, as the entire venue, in the barn and outside it, are Pinterest-chic; designed in a rustic, antique style from floor to ceiling. Food? Instead of hunting down every catering company, they have a list of preferred caterers to choose from, all of which are reasonable. (But IK Catering is honestly the best, ladies). We had brunch food and my goodness, it was perfect. Every tour and visit went swimmingly. They didn't rush us, and let us explore and ask questions. Deborah regularly checked in via email on my personal booking progress to make sure everything was going okay. (Keep in mind if you don't book from a vendor on their preferred list, you have to buy 1 day liability insurance for that DJ, photographer, etc. if they don't already have it. It's like $125 or so, which isn't a huge deal). Overall, everything was perfect. Everyone had a blast. This was honestly the first and the last venue we looked at; we were sold immediately by its charm. I'm not being bias when I say it was the best wedding ever thanks to Fairview Farms!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Erin · Married on 04/29/2017

Our wedding at Fairview Farm events was an absolutely amazing, unforgettable experience. The venue, inside and out, is absolutely beautiful. From the barn to the guest house to the cottage, everything was perfect. Debbie and Blanton have worked very hard to make sure this can be an all-inclusive venue, while still offering a lot of flexibility to personalize your wedding. Almost all of our guests have told me how perfect the venue was, and how nice the staff were.

Debbie and Blanton couldn't have been more kind hosts, and the list of vendors they recommend are absolutely wonderful. There is so much included in the package at Fairview that was not offered at other locations. We really couldn't have asked for a better experience, and will continue to recommend this venue to all of our friends and family.

Sent on 10/30/2017
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 04/22/2017

Fairview Farm was my number 1 pick when we were looking at venues. From the moment we stepped on the property Debbie and Blanton made us feel like we were at home. They were extremely patient, encouraging and helpful throughout the process of planning and on our wedding day. When we first toured an booked they were doing several construction projects and we got to see the beginnings of what would become the barn loft apartment, the Blanton cottage and the renovated "mancave". We used all three properties on our wedding day and all of our friends and family went crazy over them. Everything was gorgeous and convenient for our party. Debbie also provided me with a great list of preferred vendors which made planning from NH a breeze! We booked the Route 64 band, IK Catering, XOXO Weddings & Events, and LOL photobooth. All great vendors! Debbie and Blanton did a great job of helping us with all the logistics and also last minute ceremony changes due to rain on our wedding day. We also love their "prop/pinterest" closet that allowed us to borrow chalkboards, table numbers, frames and more. This saved us a ton on things we would likely never use again! Overall, I can't say enough positive things about this venue and the people who run it. We had an awesome experience and are so grateful for everything they did to make this process easy and fun. I would highly recommend them for any bride looking for a "package" that makes planning less of a headache and loves a rustic/chic setting! Go to Fairview!!

Sent on 08/11/2017

Hien · Married on 04/19/2017

I was maid of honor for my friend who had her wedding ceremony and reception at Fairview Farm just a couple of weeks ago. The ceremony was held outdoors where the backdrop was gorgeous fields of greenery. Words can not describe how breathtaking the scenery is at Fairview Farm - but I will say that all the photos taken at the venue were beautiful! The reception was held at the vintage barn and the decoration was very cute and rustic. The entire staff the the venue were very kind and professional. They did an amazing job with the music, carriage ride, catering/food, cake and set up of the venue.

We had an amazing photographer that Fairview Farm offered - her name is Shannon and she had so much positive energy! She made everyone feel comfortable when it came to taking photos and she was very patient with the group.

Faurvuew farm also offered my friend: Kim Moody Designs. They had a day planner (Mary) for the wedding day and having Mary was such a blessing. Mary was very organized, professional and courteous towards the guests. She did a great job keeping the wedding party organized as well as keeping the flow of events run smoothly. She was always one step ahead! The bouquet arrangement by Kim Moody Designs was so beautiful! The arrangement stayed the same and did not wilt throughout the wedding (despite the hot weather).

I want to thank Deborah for the generous opportunity she provided my two good friends - especially with such a gorgeous venue for their wedding. I highly recommend Fairview Farm!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Diane · Married on 04/08/2017

Fairview is a wonderful place to have a wedding. Because we had family and friends coming in from all over the country, being able to have lodging for so many guests at the venue was a big priority for us. Debora and Blanton have done a wonderful job of creating a very professional wedding venue with all the decor, accessories, and details you would want for a rustic barn wedding while still maintaining the feeling of a bed and breakfast atmosphere where you feel like you get to know the couple whose home you are staying at. Our guests loved the venue, we loved the venue, and we would make the same decision again to get married at Fairview!

Sent on 04/23/2017

Lauren · Married on 03/18/2017

Fairview Farm Events is not only a stunningly beautiful venue, but Debora & Blanton are absolutely a joy to work with. They are so welcoming, and you really feel at home on the property. They make sure that everything for your big day is as stress free as possible. The venue is gorgeous, and has many different attributes that make it so unique. It gives off the rustic yet elegant feel to your wedding. Debora & Blanton were very flexible and accommodating to the needs of my wedding, considering my fiancé is in the military. I am over the moon about this venue and cannot wait for our day to arrive!

Sent on 02/08/2016

Lauren · Married on 03/18/2017

This venue has it all. It is a rustic yet elegant venue, that provides the most magical wedding experience you could ever imagine. The cottages on the property allow your wedding party to stay on the property, and really sets the mood for the whole weekend. Debora & Blanton were professional, accommodating, and so very kind. My husband and I could not have dreamed of a more perfect wedding!

Sent on 03/21/2017

Patty · Married on 11/05/2016

It's difficult to put into words how much this venue exceeded our expectations. The BEAUTIFUL property is breathtaking. The second we stepped onto this farm we knew that this was the place where my daughter would have the wedding of her dreams! The owner, Debora and her husband have created a unique, charming, vintage, and all inclusive wedding experience. Not only did Debora give us an amazing tour of the facility, she took the time to sit down afterwards and explained the whole process. Since the venue was several hours away from our hometown, she was able to give us lists of vendors in the area to use. The entire experience was priceless to us. My daughter Christina had the wedding of her dreams at Fairview Farm. She said the only problem was that it went by too fast. It was a once in a lifetime experience that will forever be in our hearts.

Sent on 11/09/2016

Susan A. · Married on 10/22/2016

Well as the mom of the bride we were hesitant being that we had to travel 7 hours from Pa. So we wanted to see this Farm that my daughter fell in in love with. Well, as soon as we pulled into Fairview Farm and met with the owners and toured the venue we new exactly what she meant. Can't begin to express the quality of accommodations for us, entire bridal party and vendors as well. It ran like a well oiled machine. Everything you need is their for you. It truly felt like we were on a vacation!!!

Sent on 10/31/2016
  • Kelsi

Kelsi · Married on 10/16/2016

We have yet to have our wedding here at Fairview Farms, but I had to write a review because of how pleased we are with this amazing venue! Debbie and Blanton (the owners) are so helpful in so many ways, from answering emails quickly, to answering questions, to showing you everything Fairview has to offer during a tour, they are genuinely nice people who are pleasant to work with. After my fiance and I had toured the venue with Debbie, we almost immediately booked. We had our eyes on another venue, but liked this one so much we had no doubts about booking! My family came to visit me a few months later, I asked Debbie if it would be possible for them to see the venue and she had no problem setting up an additional tour for my family. Blanton showed us the venue the day they came and he took almost an hour and a half to show my family around, while chit chatting about other things as well. The barn itself is BEAUTIFUL-there is nothing like it. Along with beautiful wood and lights, it has amazing wooden furniture and a bunch of decorations you can use- from frames, to centerpieces, to a dessert table with rustic decorations. It's beautiful but also very warm and welcoming. There is also an amazing wooden pavilion that is light up with lights and gorgeous chandeliers, this is located next to the barn where many couples choose to hold their cocktail hour-much better than hosting it in a white tent. There is a game room/man cave that the groomsmen and groom can prepare in, it includes a few different games such as poker and ice hokey. It is the PERFECT spot for the guys to get ready, and I believe it is open until 1200 AM, Then there is a quaint house where the bridesmaids/bride can get ready. It really is perfect. The groom and bride may stay here overnight, but if you would like you can rent it out for the night so other guests can stay onsite too. Truly I have nothing negative to say about our visit. We cannot WAIT to get married in October! :)

Sent on 12/23/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/12/2016

My husband and I were blessed to win a vow renewal at Fairview Farm. To say this day turned out to be a fairytale is an understatement. We fell in love with the venue just seeing it in pictures, but actually visiting the farm and then having our ceremony there was a dream come true. It is gorgeous!!! And the owners work very closely with you to make sure your day is everything you want it to be. They have selected preferred vendors so your workload and preparation is so much easier. The venue is decorated by season so that's another facet that's already taken care of. There are several locations on the property to get ready for your ceremony. My husband and friends loved the man cave (pool table, game machines, darts) and the girls loved the bridal suite, which was perfect for getting all dolled up! In addition, there are many locations and props on the property to take breathtaking pictures. I truly can't say enough about Fairview Farm, the owners, and vendors. Everyone works together seamlessly to make sure your wedding day is the day of your dreams. You won't regret booking this location and your family and friends will be raving about it far after your ceremony is over!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Jamie · Married on 10/08/2016

Absolutely beautiful venue! It rained for our wedding but with Fairview we did not have to worry about a thing. They had us covered and it was still an amazing wedding. The accommodations on site we perfect and VERY clean! All of our guests are still commenting to us on how perfect the venue was.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/01/2016

We are so happy we picked Fairview Farm for our wedding. From the gorgeous property and the easy-to-work-with owners, to the awesome vendors and beautiful accommodations, it was perfect. No matter your style, make sure this venue is on the top of your list!

Sent on 12/05/2016
  • User5194238 · 2+ years ago

My fiance and I have our wedding planned at Fairview for September 2016. Fairview was not originally on our radar for a wedding venue, about after seeing numerous positive reviews on Wedding Wire and elsewhere we decided to take a look. Debora and Blanton absolutely won us over with their attention to detail, comprehensive tour, and extensive options/ flexibility. They treated us as individuals, spending over an hour going over all of the recommended vendors and options for our wedding day. No other venue treated us with such care and respect. I thought I had my heart set elsewhere, but they won me and my fiance over with their professionalism and the overall beauty of the venue. Even if a rustic chic venue isn't something you thought you would want, I would highly recommend taking the time to tour the facility and see what they have to offer. ​

Sent on 10/07/2015

Kelsey · Married on 09/24/2016

This venue was everything my husband and I could have ever dreamed of. From the moment we stepped onto the property for our initial tour, we were in love. Debora and Blanton were so helpful every step of the way and really went above and beyond to ensure that our day was stress-free; it was rainy on our wedding day and Blanton was so awesome in ensuring our pavilion ceremony was perfect, down to the smallest details. The property itself is breathtaking and the barn is absolutely jaw dropping. All of our guests gave rave reviews for the decorations inside the barn and out, the rustic elegance is exactly what we were looking for. Fairview Farm Events is the perfect location for a wedding and the owners and their preferred vendors allow for a stress-free event. It was PERFECT!

Sent on 05/06/2017

Renae · Married on 09/17/2016

If you are looking for a rustic chic/barn theme venue for your wedding, look no further. Fairview Farm has it all!!! The owners, Debra and Blanton, have thought of absolutely everything to make Fairview Farm the ideal wedding destination. Beautiful scenery, incredible attention to every detail of the décor, and amenities to accommodate the entire wedding party (our hairdresser was thrilled that there was a stylist's chair in the bridal suite!). The "man cave" was a huge hit!Debra and Blanton are so professional and helped us to create the perfect day!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Marybeth · Married on 09/10/2016

Fairview Farm Events is a beautiful farm venue that gave my daughter the wedding of her dreams! We had the rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception at the farm, which offers so many options for each event. Debbie and Blanton (owners) were wonderful, so warm, welcoming and helpful. The venue is beautifully decorated for each season which adds to its rustic charm. They have a storage room full of wonderful props (chalkboard signs, ball jars, easels, wire cages and boxes for cards and gifts, etc.) as well as a vintage tractor, truck and barn that offer great photo opts. I loved that the wedding party could all stay at the farm creating such fun, lasting memories!

I would highly recommend Fairview Farm Events for anyone looking for a farm venue that offers it all!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Marybeth · Married on 09/10/2016

My daughter had the wedding of her dreams at Fairview Farm Events located in Powhatan, VA. Fairview Farm is a beautiful rustic farm that offers so many options for weddings. Debbie and Blanton (the owners) were very welcoming and helpful throughout the process of planning, as well as the weekend of the wedding. The barn is beautifully decorated for each season and has a storage room full of props available for use (chalk boards, easels, lanterns, ball jars, etc.). They also have many vintage farm props such as a tractor, old truck, silo's and barns that make for beautiful photo opts.
    We loved that the wedding party (and my husband and I) could all stay together at the farm, creating a fun and relaxing weekend that we all will forever remember. It makes it so special that the rehearsal dinner, as well as the wedding, can all be held at the same place!

I can't say enough about how happy we were with Fairview Farm!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Nicole · Married on 09/04/2016

This place really makes wedding planning so easy! After planning a wedding for over a year at a barn venue in Amelia Virginia, I was soon learning what kind of disaster I was in. My mother called Fairview Farm, and fate stepped in! My date was open! After speaking to Debra I had no more tears and sleepless nights. She has been working so hard to help me plan my wedding in in one short month. With my wedding date being only 5 weeks away she coordinated more with venders in a few days then my former venue did in a entire year!!!!!!! When I met with her in person I was greeted with warm welcomes and hugs. I am actually excited about my wedding day now! Thank you Debra and her amazing team for making my dream day actually come true! I highly HIGHLY suggest Fairview for any bride looking for a beautiful stress free wedding!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Pamela · Married on 09/04/2016

WOW! WOW! WOW! Called Debora on a Friday with a short fused wedding request and in less than 24 hours she had already contacted the required vendors and sent us email updates along the way. So professional and personable! I can't wait to attend the wedding as I know it's going to be beautiful! Thank you Debora for everything you have done to put this together so quickly.

Sent on 08/20/2016