Fairview Farm Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Michelle
    Michelle Married on 03/19/2022

They've become family to us

I don't even know where to begin. I have never written a review before but Debbie, Blanton, Colon and Maria at Fairview Farm made such an incredible impact on our lives that there was no way I could not share my experience and hope to help future couples have their dream wedding like we did.

We were very tight on our budget and Debbie was so understanding and respectful of that. We went with the premiere weekend package but the date we had chosen was a weekday. They wanted us to have our dream wedding and created a "Weekday Wedding Weekend Package" for us so that we could still enjoy everything their standard weekend package had to offer but on a weekday. All of our family and friends were out of state, so they wanted us to be able to have them stay on site too. They worked so hard with us to find us the right vendors and give us the wedding we were hoping for. They were always so transparent with us from the start so you always felt you were getting an honest opinion or an honest recommendation.

One of the biggest things, however, was their responsiveness when things did NOT go as planned. We had a wedding date in January but my husband and I both got COVID just 6 days before the wedding and had to postpone it. Fairview responded so quick to this. I messaged the wedding planner for the venue (Chelsea Moring, also an absolute gem) and she immediately reached out to Fairview. By the time I called Fairview myself to give them the news, they had already gone through their calendar and had two potential dates within 2-3 months that they were prepared to move the wedding to. They helped me figure out what to do next in moving the date and they comforted me because it was heartbreaking to be that close to the wedding and to have family already getting into town only to have to put a pause on that excitement.

They treated us like family from the start and took care of us as they would their own family. They made our wedding everything we had hoped it would be. And our families and friends? They could not stop showering the venue with compliments. It really was a dream to have Fairview for our wedding. So yes, I HIGHLY recommend them!
    Virginia M. Married on 01/27/2022

A wonderful day

Debbie and Blanton couldn't have been nicer to work with! They went out of their way to make sure our daughter's wedding was perfect. The farm looked beautiful with a dusting of snow and everything went smoothly from start to finish. If you are looking for an authentic rustic-chic atmosphere, this is the place to go.
  • User1407154 Recently married

Stunning venue for a dream wedding day

An absolutely amazing venue!! Our wedding day was magical and everything was perfect. Fairview Farm Events went above and beyond for our special day. The beauty of the venue speaks for itself. The venue management team was phenomenal to work with during the wedding prep process. We had an exceptional experience working with the venue staff, caterer, wedding planner, and photographer. Highly recommend for any type of event, if you want the perfect wedding day, definitely book Fairview Farm Events!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea D. Married on 12/04/2021

Winter Wedding Weekend at Fairview Farm!

Where do I begin? I couldn’t imagine not having picked Fairview Farm as our wedding venue for our winter wedding. My now husband and I knew we wanted a December wedding and we wanted a venue that had separate enclosed areas for the ceremony and reception. I was set on a rustic barn style venue and when we found Fairview, it checked all of our boxes and more. Debbie and Blanton were so responsive and attentive to every need and question we had throughout the entire wedding process. We chose Fairview’s premier package which included the venue from Friday - Sunday, set up for the rehearsal dinner Friday night and for the reception on Saturday, three out of the four houses on property (The Farmhouse, The Cottage, and the Hay Barn) + a game room with sleeping arrangements, music/DJ, a wedding planner, a catering allowance and bakery credit, and so much more. It was well worth it!! We added on the 4th sleeping accommodation (The Dairy Barn) which then allowed us to have up to 50 people staying on property for our wedding weekend. Options for sleeping accommodations near the property are slim as it is in a rural area so the on property accommodations were a must for us and made everything so convenient. Fairview’s preferred vendor list was filled with amazing vendors and I am so thankful for who I chose! Having this vendor list to choose from made everything seamless. All the vendors had worked at Fairview many times and had worked together many times so this made coordinating everything a breeze - almost like I wasn’t even planning a wedding! I couldn’t have been more thankful for a better group of people to work with over the year. Fairview’s property manager, Colon Mcartan, is an absolute angel! He was available to show us around property leading up to the wedding, gave us access to the facilities several times throughout the year so we could look at decor and plan, and was all hands on deck for the wedding weekend. Whether it was helping us set up the live Christmas trees we had brought in, helping with set up of any decorations, directing traffic day of - no matter what we asked of him, he was happy to help. Then, he even dressed up as Santa Claus during our reception and surprised my husband and I! We absolutely loved working with him and everyone was so appreciative of his hard work. He is surely the backbone of FF! If you’re looking for an all-inclusive, rustic style venue for your upcoming wedding - look no further. Our experience with Fairview Farm was an absolute dream and we are so happy this is where we chose to start our forever!

Fairview Farm Events's reply:

You were a wonderful couple and we are so excited to have hosted your beautiful wedding weekend at Fairview Farm Events. Thank you so much for this amazing review. May you have many years of love and laughter and you are always welcome to come back to Fairview Farm to visit! All the best, Debbie and Blanton
  • Kacie
    Kacie C. Married on 11/11/2021

So great! Absolutely beautiful venue.

Such a beautiful venue. They really went above and beyond to make our day magical!

Fairview Farm Events's reply:

Thank you so much Kacie! Your wedding by the woods was beautiful and we were honored to host it! Debbie
  • Tracie
    Tracie Married on 11/11/2021

Mother of the bride

Everything and everyone at this venue was absolutely amazing! I couldn’t asked for any place better for my daughter to get married. There are no words to describe it any better than best day ever at the best place ever.

Fairview Farm Events's reply:

Thank you so much Tracie! We were so happy to have Kacie and Brandon's wedding on the farm and seeing a wedding by the woods at peak foliage in November was a memory for everyone! Congratulations!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 10/31/2021
    The all inclusive weekend package was a great value with the use of the farm house for the weekend for family and bridal party. I loved working with them, and they really put in a labor of love in this business. Everything was beautiful! !!!!
  • Kim
    Kim K. Married on 10/03/2021

AMAZING wedding venue!!!!

Our daughter just had the most AMAZING wedding at Fairview Farm Events!! This is a truly special place that feels like home to its guests. We had the entire farm just for our family and friends - whereas some other venues may have multiple weddings going on at the same time on different sites on the property. Not the case here - as the entire farm was ours to use and enjoy and my daughter could pick anywhere she wanted for the ceremony - so nice to have that option. She had a beautiful weather day so rain wasn't a worry - but it was nice to know they had us covered if that was a possibility. From the first interaction with Debbie and Blanton, to planning our event using their fanastic tried-and-true list of vendors, to being able to visit the farm on muliple visits to look at the free props we wanted to use, and to the execution of the most amazing day for my sweet daughter and son-in-law , I can't recommend this venue enough!! Lovely views all around, the get-ready areas are beautiful and comfortable, and the overnight accomodations are fantastic if you decide to use those. Everyone with worked with was so polite and professional. If you are thinking of touring, make sure you do! It is so beautiful inside and out and they have thought of everything to make it an enjoyable and stress free time of celebration for your family and friends. Fairview Farm is truly special!!
    Erin B. Married on 10/02/2021

Stop here if you want stress-free!

My husband and I knew Fairview was the place to get married before we finished the tour! The venue is owned by a couple who strive to help others have a wonderful wedding. I planned almost the entire thing by myself, and it was so easy because of Fairview! They provide a list of recommended vendors who are ALL awesome and they all have worked with each other and know the venue well, so all I had to worry about during my wedding weekend was to enjoy it! Everyone knew what they needed to do and everyone was so pleasant to work with. We looked at many venues throughout Virginia, but none of them came close to comparing to what we got for our money at Fairview. We have no regrets! If you want to take an already amazing venue, with so many things included in the price, that allows you to still make it your own and enjoy it without worry, this is your place! We loved it and our guests are still raving about how amazing the venue was!
  • Kaitlin
    Kaitlin M. Married on 09/10/2021

Beautiful Venue and Stress-Free Planning

My fiance and I are getting married next October at Fairview Farm. As soon as we toured the venue we fell in love with it. It is the perfect spot for a rustic farm wedding where friends and family can stay on property and don't have to worry about a ride back to a hotel. Fairview made booking vendors for our big day super easy by providing a list of preferred vendors for anything and everything you can think of. Debora has been so accommodating with all of my requests and is very quick to respond. So far, our experience with Fairview has been amazing and stress-free. We can't wait to tie the knot there!!
    Lee P. Married on 09/10/2021

Beautifully unforgettable

This is simply an amazing place for a unforgettable wedding. The Venue Manager was great and quick to respond to all our needs and concerns with planning. This is a very beautiful place with fantastic views and bounding opportunities for photographs.
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn Married on 06/26/2021

Nothing short of PERFECT

I had my eye on this venue for a long time. When we toured the venue it was everything I ever dreamed of. Mrs. Debbie and her husband answered all of my questions and helped meet all of my needs. The venue is very well kept up and the houses on property are such a bonus feature that allows for my fiancé and I families to bond before the wedding.
  • Karri
    Karri Married on 05/01/2021

Beautiful and amzing

This place is breath taking and a dream wedding! There is places to stay on site for your party and there’s even a game room for the guys.
    The sunset is amazing and the best time for pictures.
    Staff is the best and very friendly and over all this place is the BEST!
  • Kristen
    Kristen M. Married on 04/25/2021

Wedding Venue

They are outstanding! Gorgeous
  • The
    The K. Married on 04/12/2021

Amazing Wedding Venue

Our daughter got married the Saturday after Christmas. We absolutely love this farm! The weather turned out great for us, but we could have handled anything. Every building is beautiful and the owners have thought of everything to meet your needs and more! Debra and Blanton are great to work with, as well as Elizabeth, and without Colin we would have all been lost! Thanks for everything! The Kings

Fairview Farm Events's reply:

You all were wonderful and we are so excited to get to see photos from the wedding! It was our last wedding of 2019 and it was beautiful!!! Debora and Blanton
  • Natasha
    Natasha J. Married on 03/20/2021

Fairview Farm Fairytale

Fairview Farm Events is a dream venue! The accommodations to stay on site were perfect for our out-of-town family and bridal party. Debbie and Blanton Gordon have done a phenomenal job in maintaining the property, providing a preferred vendors list (eliminating extensive research for us), and truly made sure our day was perfect despite COVID restrictions! Colon, their property manager, is nothing short of amazing! He ensured everyone had what we needed and was always willing to help! We are so thankful for a family-owned venue, who treats their clients as family! All of our guests were raving about it!
    Erin B. Married on 02/10/2021

Easy to work with, friendly, and fair!

Debbie and Blanton have been so kind throughout our entire wedding planning process! We are planning on getting married in October 2021, and we knew before we finished our initial tour that Fairview Farm was were we wanted to get married. So many other venues we toured made us feel like we were just another wedding in the line and didn't give us the freedom we wanted, but Fairview has been so flexible and open to our ideas! They have also made the planning process so easy. Debbie sent us a list of their usual vendors who know the venue so well and have all been excellent to work with!
    Lee O. Married on 01/04/2021

Fairview Farms is a must see if you are looking for wedding venue!

The team at Fairview Farm is second to none! They are kind, considerate and accommodating. The country back drop is perfect for the most beautiful wedding photos. The accommodations are so beautifully decorated and very clean. It was so convenient to stay on site, and left a lot of time for the family to spend time. The men loved fishing in the pond and the fish were biting! We couldn't have asked for a better place to have my daughter's wedding!
    Mckenzie F. Married on 01/01/2021

A great experience

The owners of this venue, Deborah and Blanton, are incredible individuals! We planned our wedding during COVID, specifically when the 250 limit order was in place for Virginia; however, two weeks before the wedding, Gov. Northam changed the mandate to only 10 people. It was stressful to say the least, but Fairview Farms worked with us and were extremely accommodating throughout everything. In the end, two became one and it was a beautiful ceremony, only made possible with this amazing venue. I would definitely recommend this venue to everyone who imagines a rustic wedding. My guests were so impressed with the venue's accommodations and beautiful decorations- they even asked to come back for the next holiday! I couldn't be happier with my small, COVID, and very rustic wedding. Thanks to Fairview for providing such support during this time of chaos for this bride.
  • User2404032 1+ year ago
    My husband and I had our wedding here October 24th 2015 and oh my goodness it was more than PERFECT! It was everything I had ever dreamed of, and all of the guests couldn't believe how gorgeous the venue was! And I must say EVERYONE had the time of there lives it was soooooo much fun! Debbie and Blanton are so wonderful to work with. They really do try to make every brides wedding a dream come true! I highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a relaxing, laid back, rustic, country barn wedding! When you book with Fairview Farm you get more than just a place to get married..you get so many things included that you would have to rent else where, and you also get the amazing farmhouse for the weekend for yourself and bridal party so everyone can sit back and relax and you don't have to leave the whole weekend! So if anyone is wondering or unsure whether to visit Fairview Farm go ahead and do it you will NOT be disappointed I promise!
  • Michelle
    Michelle P. Married on 11/14/2020

Amazing!!!

My fiance and I have just recently booked this venue for our November 2020 wedding. I cannot begin to explain how excited we are to be getting married here. This venue is truly unlike any farm venue we have toured or even could imagined of. Every single detail from the season decorations to the renovated lodging barns to the reception barn completely blew us away during our tour. This venue is not just for a wedding, but for a total experience. The owners Debbie and Blanton are so sweet and personable and have made everything so easy and hassle free for booking our date. I could go on and on about how wonderful this venue is! If you are looking for the rustic farm/barn venue look no further this is the best of the best! We are so excited and cannot wait for wedding weekend!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer K. Married on 09/05/2020

Would recommend to anyone!

I knew the moment I stepped on this property that Fairview Farm was it. If you’re looking for a venue where you and your family can relax for the weekend and spend quality time together on property, seriously look no further! Debbie and her team have thought of everything with their packages and make wedding planning easy. They have also been incredibly accommodating and reassuring as we deal with the current pandemic. So excited for our upcoming wedding here!!
    Karen Married on 07/18/2020

Amazing wedding

We loved our daughter’s wedding weekend at Fairview Farm. Due to Covid we had to change the date from March to July and the owners worked with us on this. The venders, planner and coordinator were all top-notch. We recommend Cater2events for catering. The groom’s parents even had the rehearsal dinner at Fairview. The accommodations and scenery are beautiful!

Fairview Farm Events's reply:

We were so happy to be able to be able to work with this wonderful family during these difficult times. Our vendors were amazing and we wish all the best to the bride and groom!
  • Krysta
    Krysta P. Married on 06/13/2020

Thankful and Blessed

My Fiancé and I are getting married here June 13, 2020 and we are beyond excited for our big day here at Fairview Farm Events. My Fiancé and I have always dreamed of a rustic/ farm and barn wedding and this venue absolutely blew our biggest dreams away. It was the one and only venue we looked at, as it brought me to tears how perfect and well thought out the property was. Debbie and Blanton have truly thought of everything and are so easy to work with. Not only do they take such amazing care of the property but the attention to even the smallest detail is picture-perfect! From the details in every room to the beautiful linins, chandeliers, wood finishing’s and tables and everything in between are beyond perfect!
    The venue provides endless spots to get married from the gazebo to the waters its stunning! They also provide a list of preferred vendors which made everything so easy. The vendors are talented and amazing to work with! Another plus, they also have a ton of beautiful props to use, and with the barn and property decorated by holiday/ season it truly adds that special touch!
    What defiantly sold us is the passion they have for their property. To both of us it felt they had a genuine love for what they did and enjoyed bringing the personal touches to everyone’s big day! This venue is the total package as we booked a weekend getaway. We are so thankful to have more time with our friends and family within a beautiful and comfortable environment and cannot wait to share our big day with Fairview Farm Evnets!