Faces By Robin Reviews

Faces By Robin 4
  • Bridget

Bridget · Married on 10/27/2018

October Boston Wedding with Faces by Robin

Robin was absolutely amazing to work with. She was flexible and responsive when trying to schedule my trial, and I was immediately at ease upon meeting her. She is warm, friendly, and a pleasure to spend time with.

Robin is also significantly less expensive than other makeup artists in my area that I researched, but with no sacrifice to quality. I would recommend her wholeheartedly without reservation. She did excellent work and everyone looked and felt absolutely beautiful.

Two things stand out about my experience with Robin:
    1) My wedding coincided with an October nor'easter and also happened to be on an island. Robin and her team had no qualms about crossing the stormy seas to get us ready, never once complaining about the boat ride or the weather.

2) My mom originally planned to not have her makeup done, but changed her mind when she saw how great everyone else looked. Robin, despite having just completed 8 faces without a break, cheerfully agreed and fit her into the schedule. Of course, my Mom looked great!

If I could rate her six stars, I would!

Diana K · Married on 09/22/2018

I will recommend Robin to everyone!

Robin was amazing to work with. She listened to what I wanted and made it happen. I don’t wear a lot of make up to begin with and Robin really made me feel comfortable and beautiful by creating a natural look. She is there for YOU, the bride, and will be a supportive voice in your corner. I would recommend Robin to anyone.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Faces By Robin's reply:

Thank you Diana!! So loved working with you and your beautiful Mom!! You were a gorgeous bride!! And your pic is now on my website gallery!!

Tiffany · Married on 09/07/2018

Robin was one of my favorite vendors!

Robin was absolutely amazing! One of my favorite vendor choices. She effortlessly did the makeup of 7 different girls and all of them were so happy with the final result. Her presence is calming and she really does make you feel so beautiful. I'd recommend her to everyone!

Faces By Robin 5

Katie Doherty · Married on 07/29/2018

Wedding makeup

Robin was so great to work with- she made everything easy and stress free for my wedding day. I loved my makeup and my entire bridal party looked beautiful! I could not have been happier.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Faces By Robin's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! I really appreciate it :) Hoping married life is treating you well! Hope you have a great holiday season and Happy New Year!

Skylar · Married on 07/28/2018

Highly recommend Robin and her team! Robin is a gem of a person and makeup artist. She made me feel beautiful on my special day. Robin is patient, kind and VERY good at her job. She arrived to my venue on cape cod right on time and ready to work. She was flexible and open to any requests. I felt like my makeup was so natural, and it kept the entire night (even with some rain)! She makes the bride feel special and beautiful on her big day, could not have done it without her!

Leigh · Married on 06/16/2018

Wedding makeup by robin

Robin is excellent both as a professional and a relaxing presence in the bridal suite when getting ready. She fit right in with my bridesmaids and family members throughout the getting ready process. I had never gotten my makeup done before, but she was very reassuring and was flexible with whatever I was comfortable with. She’s a great addition to any bridal party!

Katie Hartigan · Married on 01/19/2018

Simple the best

Robin is simply the best. She is a professional and so talented while at the same time being so sweet and comforting on a hectic and emotional day. I truly don't think I've ever looked more beautiful and have her to thank

Sarah · Married on 09/22/2017

Robin was fantastic to work with! She did makeup for 3 bridesmaids, my mother and myself for my September 2017 wedding. She made everyone look beautiful and flawless. She was able to cover up my severe, week before the wedding stress, breakouts and it didn't phase her the least that I was more than a few shades tanner than I had been during my trial. My MOH's fiance hates when she wears makeup and he thought she looked great. My mother looked in the mirror and said, OMG I look like you! (in the best way possible) I would definitely recommend hiring her!

Faces By Robin 6
    Faces By Robin 7

Emily · Married on 07/29/2017

I hired Robin to do my makeup as well as makeup for my 4 bridesmaids and my mom at my wedding in July 2017. She did a FANTASTIC JOB on everyone! I felt glamorous but still natural! The makeup looked flawless both in person and in my pictures. I received so many compliments from guests! Right after seeing me for the first time, my husband remarked on how much he loved my makeup, and he never notices my makeup. She was also right on time, fast, and easy to work with from the time I first contacted her through the wedding day.

Hire Robin if you want to look stunning but still like yourself on your wedding day!

Tess · Married on 07/22/2017

Robin is the absolute best!! She did my makeup for my wedding this July, as well as my bridesmaids, mom and mother-in-law. I was slightly nervous about booking a makeup artist because I planned our wedding remotely and was not familiar with any artists in the area. I got a glowing recommendation to reach out to Robin and am SO glad that I did. From the first time I met Robin at my makeup trial, I was immediately put at ease. She is so friendly, enthusiastic and fun to work with. She really listened to me and completely understood the look that I wanted. She did an amazing job at the trial and on my wedding day. She knows how to make a bride look her most beautiful, but also feel like herself. My bridal party also absolutely loved her, which was such a nice feeling knowing that they all also felt so beautiful. She was so much fun to have around on the wedding day and made me feel so relaxed. I am very picky about how my makeup is done, and Robin was hands down the best makeup artist I have ever worked with. I can’t recommend her enough!!

Lauren · Married on 07/16/2017

Robin's talent for making a bride feel her most beautiful is truly magical!! Her natural approach made this bride feel so at ease knowing the results would be stunning. I cannot recommend her enough.

Venesa · Married on 07/15/2017

I heard about Robin through a friend at work who had a wonderful experience with her. I am so glad I took her recommendation because I absolutely loved working with Robin for my wedding. She was always so quick to respond to the questions that I had. Robin really listened to what I envisioned and made sure I looked perfect on my wedding day. I would recommend her to anyone!

Dene · Married on 07/08/2017

Robin was so very accommodating and professional, and did a fantastic job on the bride, the four brides maids, the mother of the groom, and me, the mother of the bride. She was calm and reassuring, making sure everyone was done on time, with time to spare for last minute touch-ups. What a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend her for YOUR wedding.

Sarah · Married on 07/08/2017

Robin was amazing! I thought every member of the wedding party looked fantastic, and as the bride, I felt like a million bucks! Couldn't have had a better experience - thanks Robin!

Emma · Married on 06/24/2017

Robin was an absolutely incredible makeup artist! She managed to create a natural yet enhanced look for every single one of my nine bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law, and myself. Everyone was THRILLED with their look (I was in love with mine)! As someone who wears makeup daily, I was surprised to feel so special and so happy with Robin’s work. Our whole group also continues to comment on how kind and thoughtful they were that morning. Love her!!!

Faces By Robin 8

Rachel · Married on 07/10/2016

Robin provided a relaxing and helpful (made sure I ate a breakfast) environment for me the morning of my wedding. My make-up was flawless yet not too heavy for my relaxed beach wedding. We had fun, I loved seeing all her products and learning her techniques, she was professional without being rude or cold. I felt like she was a friend and look forward to having a reason to use her again!

Jennifer · Married on 03/19/2016

I would highly recommend Robin! She did an amazing job with my makeup and the makeup of all my bridesmaids. I felt so calm and comfortable with her. She is friendly, professional, talented, and is a lot of fun! I enjoyed working with her and would definitely recommend her to future brides!

• Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 03/12/2016

I loved working with Robin. We had so much fun at the trial and she did an incredible job on my wedding day. She did makeup for 8 of us by herself and we all looked great. All of our makeup stayed on all night and we looked and felt beautiful. I strongly recommend Robin for any makeup needs!

Marla · Married on 11/15/2015

Robin is AMAZING! She did my makeup this fall when I was the maid of honor at my friend's wedding, and I loved her so much I had her do makeup for me at my wedding a month later. She is a lovely person to have around on your wedding day, and she does a fantastic job of really making your best features pop in a soft, natural way. She also did my mother-in-law's makeup and she was simply glowing. I would wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist in the Boston area!

Kerri · Married on 10/17/2015

Robin is so amazing! She did my makeup so beautifully and it lasted all night! And she has such a great personality that it made the big day even more special. I would highly recommend Robin to all of my friends!

Michele · Married on 10/10/2015

I don’t usually wear much makeup, so I wasn’t sure how I would feel about someone else doing it for me. After I met Robin for our makeup trial, though, I was completely at ease! I’m SO happy with Robin’s work on my wedding day! We all had so much fun getting ready (me, my maid of honor, my mom, and my husband’s mom). Robin came to our hotel room and was ready to go on schedule. We never felt rushed and everyone looked stunning – we got so many compliments! My makeup looked very natural and I looked like the most beautiful and glamorous version of myself! I actually had a stye on my eyelid from the previous days’ stress and I felt so exhausted from lack of sleep, but no one had the slightest clue! Robin worked some serious magic! My makeup stayed in place all night – even after all the crying I did during the ceremony! I wish I could get her to do my makeup all the time!

Judith · Married on 09/12/2015

We wanted simple, elegant, fresh, natural and pleasant. Robin gave us everything we wanted. And took care of everyone in the wedding party. It was an evening, outdoor wedding but the photography went on from early afternoon until after 10 p.m. Robin took all the anxiety out of the equation and made everyone feel beautiful. A professional all the way, this is the person you need when
    you want to guarantee the best possible outcome.

Robin was fantastic. Her makeup was perfect. I was very nervous and worried because it was very hot and I couldn't stop my face from sweating. But she had just the right makeup for me that was waterproof and she did a fantastic job. Very natural. She also did my mother and sister's makeup and they were both realllly happy. We all looked great for the pictures and for the whole day. I wish I could do it all over again!

Alicia · Married on 08/09/2014

Robin is fantastic! I contacted Robin after reading her great reviews to set up a trial. The first thing than impressed me was her responsiveness and friendly emails. I immediately knew that Robin would be someone I could depend on! This is important when you have so many people to coordinate. I found that Robin really took the time to talk to me about the look that I wanted and matched the colors to my skin tone and eye color rather than a standard "bridal mask" that I had seen before. I wear makeup on a regular basis, so I wanted something that made me stand out, but not too heavy. It was perfect! Day of, Robin made up my bridesmaids, mothers, aunts and cousins- ages ranging from 20's to 70's. Everyone was thrilled with how they looked and commented how easy it was to work with Robin. Robin is personable, professional, flexible and talented. Don't look any further, call Faces by Robin!

Kim · Married on 06/08/2014

Robin did the makeup for my wedding a few weeks ago for myself and bridesmaids/family members, and it was fantastic! If you want a slightly "enhanced" but still very natural look, Robin is the way to go. Before discovering her, I'd had a terrible (and really expensive) trial with another makeup artist who had been reviewed well. She was WAY too heavy-handed (and I do wear eye makeup regularly)... so I was really apprehensive about how my second trial (with Robin) would go. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I looked awesome! When I arrived home later that day, my fiance was very expressive about how great he thought I looked. She did an even better job on the wedding day. The makeup looked flawless and didn't budge for the 8+ hours I had it on.

On a personal level, I also found Robin to be extremely warm and easy to talk to. On a professional level, she was very responsive and organized -- and somehow managed to please everyone whose makeup she did (which I can only imagine was not an easy task). She's also extremely reasonable in her pricing. (The trial was less than half of what I paid for the first go-round and, if you decide to go with her, then she credits the cost of the trial toward the wedding day fee.)

Overall, if you have the chance to work with Robin, you should definitely take it. She does truly fantastic work (especially for brides who prefer a more natural look). I can't recommend her more highly.