Exquisite Fit Bridal Reviews

48 | Pittsburgh, PA

48 Reviews for Exquisite Fit Bridal

Caitlin O. · Getting married on 09/11/2021

Amazing Attention to Detail

I loved my experience with Debbie at Exquisite Fit. She altered my wedding dress, which was a simple fit and flare grepe gown. Debbie went beyond simply hemming at the bottom and taking in around the waist. The dress had cap sleeves, and Debbie expertly shifted the positioning ever so slightly to achieve a better overall fit. The dress fit me beautifully, and I was so confident on my wedding day. Debbie was always professional and kind during my fittings. She made me feel comfortable and confident, which was especially wonderful because of all of the stress of being a COVID bride. I highly recommend Debbie to anyone looking to get their wedding dress altered!

Sent on 12/08/2020
  • Nicole

Nicole I. · Married on 11/14/2020

My Exquisitely Fit Wedding Gown

When I picked up my bridal gown from the boutique, I clearly remember trying it on and saying to my mom, "Well, at least it doesn't need too much work". That day, we both liked how the gown looked on me but we seriously underestimated how much we would end up LOVING how the gown looked on me once Debbie worked her magic and perfectly altered it for my November 2020 wedding day. Debbie and Omi were a dream team to work with. Omi was so friendly and helpful in setting up the schedule of appointments to make sure that we would have plenty of time to complete the alterations. From the first appointment, Debbie's eye for detail was evident as she quickly started pinning to show us just how my gown was truly intended to fit me. That initial appointment was followed by frequent follow up visits to ensure that we would truly make the gown not just fit, but be an exquisite fit. Even after discovering one difficult area just the weekend before my wedding, Debbie worked tirelessly to come up with a solution and ensure that I felt my most beautiful and confident self on our big wedding day. My gown fit like a glove and I didn't want to take it off at the end of the night! Thank you to Exquisite Fit for making this 2020 bride feel her best!

Photography: Kristen Wynn Photography

Sent on 04/11/2021
  • Meredith

Meredith H. · Married on 10/04/2020

Sweet, kind, and Talented

exquisite bridal alterations did my alterations for my wedding. My Wedding was October 4, 2020.Debbie was so kind and so efficient at her job. She was always willing to make room in her schedule for my appointments. Debbie went above and beyond trying to make me feel comfortable. She truly made my dress even more beautiful than it already was. I am very grateful for all she did. I would highly recommend her for all bridal alterations!

Sent on 10/27/2020

Maura M. · Married on 09/26/2020

Perfection!

Debbie strives for absolute perfection for her brides! She worked tirelessly to make my dress perfect. Her extensive experience was evident through her quality work, and I could not have been happier with the outcome! She helped to make my wedding day the happiest day of my life! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/12/2020

Kenzie · Married on 08/21/2020

AMAZING - Super Attentive to All Details

I cannot recommend Debbie at Exquisite Fit enough. Instead of having only 1-2 fittings, I had at least 5 different fittings with Debbie to ensure that every part of the dress fit to perfection. Whereas one seamstress I got an estimate from told me that my dress rippling in the middle was due more-so to my weight, Debbie found that the dress was simply too long in the torso and just needed to be brought up to get rid of the ripples. She spent a lot of time altering the back of the dress to get rid of a buckle caused by the zipper and added a perfect bustle so that the details of the back of my dress were not hidden. She was SO attentive to the small details (even stuff I didn't notice) and the dress could not have fit me any better.

Sent on 08/31/2020
  • Chelsie

Chelsie H. · Married on 08/01/2020

Thank you Debbie for making me feel beautiful!

Debbie is an excellent seamstress. She was creative and skilled and make my already wonderful dress into a masterpiece. I loved working with her and am so grateful that I found her!

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren G. · Married on 07/25/2020

Debbie is amazing!!!!

Debbie made my dress fit like it was made just for me! She is so precise and takes care of every little detail. I loved how she explained what she was doing throughout the fittings and how easy it was to schedule time with her as an out-of-town bride. Can’t recommend enough!!!!

Sent on 08/08/2020
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 09/28/2019

Love, love, love!

It was a pleasure to work both with Debbie and her assistant, Omi. Debbie is truly talented and transformed my dress into something amazing. I recommend her to all brides needing alterations!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Gwyn J. · Married on 09/14/2019

Like a dream!!!

Debbie was like a dream! She made sure I felt like a queen on my wedding day, and my dress fit like a glove (with the most beautiful veil ever)!!!

-Gwyndolyn

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 03/30/2019

Amazing !!

Debbie is the best! Erin from Luna recommended her to me, and I am so glad she did. I thought my dress fit pretty well when it arrived, and then Debbie made it perfect. She recommended several small adjustments that totally elevated it and made it perfect. I had purchased additional fabric to add sleeves to my strapless dress, and she executed my vision perfectly. She also did my sisters' and my mom's dress, and was happy to have us all come at the same time. It was wonderful working with Debbie and Omi!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Melissa · Married on 10/06/2018

Absolute perfection making an old gown into new!

Debbie & Omi were both absolutely incredible to work with. Wedding planning is stressful as it is but I never felt stressed at all when it came to my dress. My dream was to use my mother's dress but after a few visits to different tailors I was becoming frustrated. Debbie was the first to ask me what MY vision was and when I told her, she said it would be no problem. We started in January and she worked diligently throughout it all. She made both mine and my mom's dream come true and made my day absolutely perfect. Debbie was amazing not only due to her incredible tailoring work but how comfortable she makes you feel. I loved how honest she was with me and how honest I could be with her. I would recommend Exquisite Fit to any new bride based on how wonderful my experience was. Debbie was able to make me a completely new dress but still keep the parts of my mother's 30+ old wedding dress that I loved. I can't rave enough about my experience with Exquisite Fit!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/29/2018

Dress saves by Debbie on a deadline

Debbie took a dress, which arguably wasn’t the most flattering choice for my figure, and made it work for me on an incredibly tight deadline. If you are flexible Debbie will do more than you even know is possible to make a dress look amazing and work for your body. I felt like I looked good, for possibly the first time in my life, on my wedding day. I learned the value and importance of hiring an experienced seamstress and craftswoman. Thank you to Debbie and Omi for your incredible service.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Allison · Married on 07/14/2018

Debbie is amazing!!! I was initially worried because I purchased my dress from BHLDN and you have to find someone to do the alterations on your own. I did some searching online and found Debbie. I really didn't think that much needed to be done on my dress -- but Debbie had other ideas! she came up with fixes here and there that I never would have considered that made the dress better fitting and more comfortable. She clearly has tons of experience and knew just what to do to make me look and feel my best on my wedding day. I have seen other pictures of my dress altered on other brides, and I think Debbie did the best job out of anyone I've seen. She took the time to make sure everything was perfect -- and the bustle she did was absolutely amazing for my dress and stayed perfectly in place all night. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Debbie to any bride!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Katherine · Married on 06/23/2018

Debbie helped make my wedding dress dreams come true. My mother had passed a few months before the wedding and I wanted to incorporate her dress on the big day. I was nervous to trust someone with my mothers dress, but once I met Debbie, I knew we were in the best hands.

She used the lace from my mothers dress to do a lace bodice, as well as a full skirt that was the bottom half of my moms dress. Not only was I happy with the clothing, working with her was special. She took the best care of my moms dress and I could not have been happier.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Jamie · Married on 06/02/2018

Debbie's work is the picture of perfection, and Debbie herself is incredible. All my fittings with Debbie were quick, easy and professional, but at the same time, Debbie is so sweet and fun I could've hung out with her all day! Because my dress was pretty true to size when it arrived, I didn't need a ton of work done aside from a hemming and a couple small tweaks (centering back buttons, tightening seams in the back, pressing seams, and steaming), but these small adjustments Debbie suggested and her attention to detail took my dress and my confidence to a new level on my wedding day. I couldn't have felt more comfortable and beautiful!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Kaylie · Married on 05/11/2018

Debbie was absolutely amazing! She worked with my absolutely crazy work schedule (3 jobs and planning a wedding!). She made my dress perfect!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Ellen · Married on 10/14/2017

I COULD HAVE MARRIED DEBBIE!!! I know I'm just saying what the other reviews have said, but I can't say it enough. Debbie was a god-send! Right away she was amazing. I got married in October and didn't get my dress from Kleinfeld's until late August (it was promised for early July...). I emailed Debbie freaking out and she talked me off the ledge, "I haven't lost a bride yet," she said and I cooled my jets. I was nervous/unsure about my dress and she put all of my worries to ease. Right away, Debbie and her amazing assistant Omi treated me like a princess and said the magic words, "you picked the absolute perfect dress for you!" From then on it was smooth sailing. Debbie is an incredibly skilled seamstress/engineer and made it all work right. I even brought my jewelry choices and veil choices to the fittings and she made the right choices for me! My mom doesn't live in Pittsburgh, so Debbie helped me so much. She even made sure I videoed the "bustle process" for my out of town bridesmaids so they could figure it out! I have a bunch of her business cards that I will forever pass out to ANYONE looking for an alteration. Thank you Debbie and Omi for making my entire wedding dress experience dreamy!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2017

Debbie was recommended to me by Erin from Glitter & Grit, where I purchased my wedding dress. Debbie is a bridal alterations fairy! She is extremely detail oriented and dedicated to her craft. She made sure that every single detail on my dress was perfect and made it look like it was custom made just for me. The fit was absolutely perfect! I know my dress wasn't easy to work on, but she made magic happen for me. Debbie is very accommodating and pretty flexible with scheduling appointments, although I will recommend booking with her early because her schedule fills up fast!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Jenny · Married on 09/24/2017

I got married this past weekend and I would never have felt as good as I did if it weren't for Debbie. I got my dress and when I received it, it was pretty but not everything I had hoped for originally. I ordered it with sleeves but they came unlined and it was also much more low cut than I had imagined. It needed some serious help to fit me like it should. After being recommended to Debbie, I called her immediately. She asked me to send over some pictures and I texted them to her and she responded right away saying she could definitely help make this dress what I dreamed it would be. She does all of her work from her home, which is set up perfectly with tall, giant mirrors and large lights and comfortable couches to make the experience of getting fitted for your dress enjoyable. After meeting her and talking with her for just a few minutes, I knew right then that she was serious and super experienced. She was so confident that she could do all the things I wanted for my dress and I trusted her from the start.

She ordered the exact same fabric that the rest of my dress was lined with so she could also line my sleeves to match. She also altered my dress to have the shoulders fit my petite height and to make the neckline a bit higher like I had imagined. Every time I went for another fitting, I would bring either jewelry, purses, or shoes to try on with my dress to see if they would match and Debbie always gave me the time to do so and offered her opinions when I needed and asked for them. When I came in for my last fitting/pick up the week before my wedding, I walked in the front door and my dress was hanging displayed on the giant mirrors and it looked prettier than ever. For all the many things she did to alter the dress, no one would have ever been able to tell because the quality of her work was so flawless. I would highly recommend Debbie. She is an excellent seamstress, very knowledgeable, and easy to work with even when wedding stress is so high!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/22/2017

Debbie was phenomenal and took the time to get to know me and my dress. After buying a sample size dress that was WAY too big for me at a local bridal boutique, I was nervous that I didn't pick the right dress - It just turned out I needed the perfect seamstress to make my dress into the dress of my dreams. Debbie worked her magic (I think I called her a magician about 20 times) and made my dress fit like a glove. It was absolute perfection and I received so many compliments on how beautiful my dress was. I am so happy I found her and would recommend her services to any bride-to-be. Thank you Debbie for everything you did to make me feel like a princess on my wedding day, you were truly amazing! <3

Sent on 08/03/2017

Caitlin · Married on 07/22/2017

Debbie was absolutely AMAZING! My dress fit like a glove and I received compliments all evening and even weeks after my wedding! I originally bought the dress from a sample sale, so it needed a lot of work-- after Debbie was done, you would have never even known! She is extremely flexible and went out of her way to accommodate fittings around my busy work schedule. She is extremely dedicated to each of her clients and it definitely shows in her work-- she pays attention to every single detail and makes sure you are fully satisfied with all of the changes before moving on to the next step. Her pricing is EXTREMELY reasonable and I was honestly expecting to pay a lot more than what she ended up charging me. I highly recommend Debbie to everyone I know!

Sent on 08/07/2017
  • Desti Bride

Omi · Married on 05/27/2017

I truly could not have made a better decision!

It’s amazing what a perfectly fitted wedding dress can do! Debbie is the absolute best at what she does. She altered my dress in 2017 for my destination wedding and people are STILL going on and on about my wedding dress and I owe it all to Debbie!

I purchased my gown in Atlanta and already knew that I would require extensive work. I’m curvy and the dress I ordered was just plain big. Debbie eased my anxiety before my dress even arrived and from that phone call, I knew she was my right choice! She worked with me through multiple fabric reorders (store sent wrong colors), my weightloss/toning goals, counseled me through family drama, brought my ideas and customizations to life (including me adding 2 last-minute pink veils I HAD to have), explaining every step along the way…ultimately ensuring I got the EXACT FIT I wanted for my big day. She even helped me pack the dress up for my flight to Mexico (We vacuum-sealed it!). My fit was so EXQUISITE that I danced the night away without a doubt in my mind! She even removed the sand from it when I got back home and touched up a few seams on my train.

Debbie’s attention to detail and creativity are mind-blowing, but her warm personality is what really makes her services shine. She really cares and makes magic happen!

I can’t believe it took me this long to review this woman! It’s actually quite shameful when I think about it...but better late than never, right? But seriously, if you want top-notch quality sprinkled with patience and passion - look no further!

From the bottom of my heart: THANK YOU DEBBIE! Now you have to alter all my dresses for life! ;)

Sent on 12/03/2018

Evstolia · Married on 05/06/2017

When I found Exquisite Fit Alterations I was and out of town bride, and already in kind of a time crunch. Debbie was so great to work with, and immediately made me feel confident that she could do the job both time and skill wise. Her attention to detail, knowledge and fun personality made her such a pleasure to work with. Fittings were not stressful, she works quickly and with confidence. I am beyond pleased with the finished product, and price. I thought I loved my dress when I bought it, but after Debbie was done with it it looked like it was made for me from the beginning. I would recommend her services to anyone, and will use her anytime I am back in Pittsburgh.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Natasha · Married on 04/01/2017

Debbie did an awesome job of making my dress fit every curve perfectly for my wedding day! She put me at ease during all my fittings and did a phenomal job with the final result! I couldn't have been happier with her expertise level and customer service! I highly recommend her. Thanks, Debbie!

Sent on 04/19/2017

Gabrielle · Married on 10/15/2016

Debbie was so wonderful. I struggled finding someone to do my alterations, as I had bought the dress in another location but had brought it back to Pittsburgh (where I live). I was so lucky I came across Debbie. She was so nice and so up front with the work that needed to be done. The price was fair. The work was excellent. My dress needed a LOT of work, and it just turned out so lovely. I received so many compliments thanks to the work that Debbie did.

Sent on 01/01/2017