45 Reviews for Expressionary Events

Ceremony (1)
Reception (1)
Non-Religious (1)
45 Expressionary Events Reviews

Carmen with Expressionary Events was absolutely wonderful to work with in planning and day of coordination for our Long Beach wedding. We planned our wedding from out of town and she made an effort to meet with us and our venue coordinator in advance to ensure planning went smoothly from the beginning. She had wonderful ideas and suggestions and was also extremely open to our own agenda, she really LISTENED to us, which was much appreciated.
The moment when I realized just how grateful I was for Carmen was the morning of our wedding when it POURED! We had scheduled a morning wedding with both ceremony and reception OUTSIDE, we had to push the ceremony by 45 minutes, changes the venue location last minute, coordinate with catering and all other vendors, communicate with our 90 guests…it was chaos. But Carmen’s expertise and professionalism through the whole thing was the glue that kept everything together. During the last minute venue change she FaceTimed me with multiple options on the property (as I was busy getting hair/makeup done and couldn’t really leave the room, not to mention it was still POURING), she even moved the ceremony site a SECOND time just because the clouds broke and the rain cleared approximately 20 minutes prior to our wedding! Throughout the whole thing she consulted with me and my husband with understanding, a strong sense of direction and good sense of humor (which was priceless in that moment). Our day turned out very different then we had envisioned and planned for, however as I walked down the aisle, seeing our “new” venue for the first time in person, I was at peace and in awe of the beauty of everything.
Carmen literally saved our day and I don’t know what we would have done without her. She is fun and friendly to work with and also knows the industry well, which is nice when you have a million questions and a vision without the words to describe it, she gets it all☺
THANK YOU Expressionary Events, cheers!

Profile Picture Emily, 4/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Invitations, Videography, Wedding Planning

Anyone debating Expressionary Events, hope this helps. Carmen made my day 100% stress free, everything we planned together went better than I had expected! She was responsive, timely, friendly, professional yet personal and extremely experienced she thought through everything and made sure no detail as missed. We didn't feel rushed or like we had to stick to a timeline but still didn't miss any activities. She made sure all deco was how we discussed and all our personal items we brought or recieved were boxed up and in our room we didn't even have to remember anything just enjoy the day! #morethanworthit

Profile Picture Aja, 10/11/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious

I have just emailed Carmen Fuentes the below : I wanted to send a quick email to THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all your hard work on my wedding day.

I can say with confidence it would NOT have been as smooth and successful without you.

You always put my mind at ease and your calm and confident nature always gave me a quite confidence that I was in good hands.

You are VERY good at what you do and should be proud.

I am happy to leave a review with your manger or online if it helps you in any way.

Thank you again for helping make all my dreams come true.

Profile Picture Gina, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Invitations, Videography, Wedding Planning

Thank you Carmen!! Our wedding went very smoothly because of you! We always felt in the loop and you helped us plan for things we wouldn't have thought of. Well worth it! Thanks Carmen!

Profile Picture Raj, 6/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Carmen was our Day-Of Wedding Coordinator and she was AMAZING! She came recommended by our venue and it's easy to see why. Ours was an Indian wedding and we wanted to a coordinator who was familiar with all the cultural traditions. Carmen knew *everything*! She understood all the nuances of the ceremonies and kept everything running smoothly and on time all day and night, which is not an easy feat for an Indian wedding! She also did little things for my husband and me throughout the day that really made us feel taken care of. The next day, we received tons of compliments from various family members who had interacted with her throughout the day. I highly highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Anjali, 6/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My wedding was on 10.15.16. Carmen was simply amazing!!! She did such an amazing job with organizing my wedding. I forgot to get sharpies last minute for my guestbook and Carmen was there and able to provide my guest with some sharpie pens. She made sure that everything ran smoothly for my husband and I. I would highly recommend Carmen to help plan your wedding. She's so sweet. My husband and I loved everything she did for us. Thank you Carmen!!! Xoxo

Profile Picture Kathleen, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I am so thankful for Carmen at Expressionary Events! Carmen really helped my husband and me come up with a vision for what we wanted for the wedding (we had no clue about themes, colors, etc.). She brought to our attention things we would never think of that were wedding related. She also introduced us to several of our vendors who we absolutely loved (and she also attended meetings with us to offer much appreciated input). On the day of the wedding, Carmen was on top of everything! I didn’t have to worry about anything. She made sure all of the vendors were organized and set up properly. She kept track of the entire bridal party to ensure we were where we needed to be. Carmen made sure everything came together and she helped make things run smoothly. Looking back, I can’t imagine planning and executing a wedding without Carmen and her team.

Profile Picture Shannon, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Invitations, Videography, Wedding Planning

Carmen was amazing! If anything went wrong the day of my wedding I definitely did not know about it. It was perfect!

Profile Picture Damaris, 9/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Invitations, Videography, Wedding Planning

Carmen was amazing! She went above and beyond with what she offered and made our special day flawless.

Profile Picture Maggie, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Invitations, Videography

Carmen from Expressionary Events is amazing! I've had the pleasure of working with her and her team on a few occasions and they simply go above and beyond. They respond to emails quickly and are always a pleasure to talk to! I can't wait to work with Carmen and her team again soon. :)

Profile Picture User7051371, 1+ year ago, 13 Reviews
4.3

Carmen was instrumental in making our wedding day a success. Carmen and her assistant helped make our day go smoothy and the flowers were amazing! As a lesbian couple it can be hard to find a wedding coordinator but with Carmen there was no stress and zero weirdness, I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture User4796383, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

Carmen was a life saver! I was starting to lose my mind by the time we were a month away from our wedding. I asked Carmen when she would take over because I didn't want to anymore, and she said, "you can let go." Right then, I felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders. She helped me out with so much stress! I was so over answering my vendors, and she was on top of it! I don't know how she doesn't lose her mind herself! Ha! She also made sure that the day of the wedding, everything went extremely smooth. She was on top of all of our vendors when it came to staying on track with what my husband and I wanted and what the venue required. She also somehow kept track of my husband and I all night to make sure we were there for all of the events of the night. Thanks for everything Carmen!

Profile Picture brittany, 3/27/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Carmen is such a pleasant woman to work with. Her wedding planning and assistants is great. She makes things easy and convenient for you. Carmen loves what she does and you can tell by the effort she puts into her work. She's right by your side when you need her most, especially the day of you wedding, she's right there to make everything go as planned. Thank you Carmen :)

Profile Picture Mikela, 3/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Carmen made our event not only spectacular but very personal and romantic. She and my groom were doing their own planning of a special detail surprise for me while she and I had our own plans for decor and invitations. I never knew about the surprise and it meant the world to my husband to give me doves on our wedding date! It gave me tears of joy as the dove represents my mother who could not be at my wedding. He promised me "She will be there, trust me" and they pulled it off! It was a such an amazing day and Carmen held our hands the whole way through. I never felt any wedding stress! I truly did not feel overwhelmed or frustrated, she did her thing and thats why we enjoyed our engagement so much! I gave her my ideas my vision and she nailed it every time, she took the time to get to know us and what we wanted not just played guessing games. I also had the chance to meet her husband and he of course helps her, he was kind and helpful as well. Thank you Carmen for everything!!! I will refer you anytime! I just feel selfish and want to keep you as my own little secret precious diamond :)
Love you lots,
Maria Mendoza

Profile Picture Maria Magdalena, 11/15/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Invitations, Wedding Planning

What can I say about Carmen... She is one of the sweetest people that you may ever meet in your life time. She truly has a talent for wedding coordinating. She has a special touch with amazing attention to details. She made my wedding come to life. She held my hand through the whole process of the stressful times that I had and set my mind back to clarity. I cannot say enough good things about Carmen because she went over and beyond to make my day truly become the fairy tale that I had always dreamed of. It didn't matter what time of day I would call or text her she would without fail always respond. Because I decided to give Carmen all of my trust my wedding turned out exactly how I had always envisioned it if not better. Everything was like a breeze on the day of my wedding because I had an angel literally flying around and taking care of everything. I didn't have to worry about anything. She literally took care of everything from holding my dress for my first look to bringing me a drink to calm my nerves just before walking down to become a Mrs. There was no task that was not complete. She took her time to make sure that my wedding was everything I wanted. I couldn't be happier that I chose her to be my fairy godsister the day of my wedding. I am lucky to have been so blessed to have had her my wedding coordinator. If I were talking to any of my friends who are deciding to get married I would recommend Carmen and Expressionary Events in a heart beat. She was the best investment that I ever made for my happily ever after.

Profile Picture shena, 11/8/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband encouraged me to hire a day of coordinator so that I can relax and enjoy our special day.
After meeting Carmen for the first time, I knew I wanted her to be my day of coordinator. She is warm hearted, easy to be around, creative, and detail oriented. It was such a relief to have her and her team making sure things moved along mostly perfect on our special day. On the day of our wedding, I really appreciate how she kept checking in with us in regards to the flow of our event, and keeping us to the timeline. My favorite thing is how her team put together the decorations I wanted set up at the reception venue. It was absolutely beautiful and even more romantic than I imagined.
I will certainly recommend Carmen to others who need a great coordinator.

Profile Picture Paula, 9/28/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Invitations, Wedding Planning

I did not worry about a single thing the day of my wedding. Carmen and her team were professional, efficient and they took care of EVERYTHING. Even things I didnt think of myself! My husband and I were able to enjoy our day from start to finish. Everything was taken care of thanks to Expressionary Events. Aside from her professionalism, Carmen is a sweetheart. She cares about her clients, and it is obvious the minute you sit down with her that your best interest is all she's out for. She brings a lot of heart (and some glamour!) into wedding planning. A great addition to your team, I highly recommend Expressionary Events! Thank you Carmen!!

Profile Picture Alexis, 7/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Weddings are not perfect. There are hiccups. Things are forgotten! Things are misplaced! People get out of hand sometimes! There has never been a perfect wedding in existence. However, the job of a great coordinator is done when the bride and groom FEEL their day was perfect. Every blemish a wedding could have is promptly covered and taken care of and the bride and groom are none the wiser. This is why we hired Carmen and this is why our day was PERFECT. \r\nWe were looking for a day of coordinator (Carmen offers many different tiers suited to your budget and/or level of planning needed). Most of the wedding had already been planned, but we needed someone the day of to make sure all the wedding day events went smoothly. Expressionary Events do have a day of Coordination package but it really covers several weeks leading up to the big day. Carmen kept track of all of our vendors and contacts, wrote up a scheduled timeline for day of events, and happily helps with any recommendations or questions you might have. In case you are looking for a full event planner, Carmen has several amazing vendors at her disposal. \r\nI did not worry about a single thing the day of my wedding. Carmen and her team were professional, efficient and they took care of EVERYTHING. Even things I didnt think of myself! My husband and I were able to enjoy our day from start to finish. Everything was taken care of thanks to Expressionary Events. Aside from her professionalism, Carmen is a sweetheart. She cares about her clients, and it is obvious the minute you sit down with her that your best interest is all she\'s out for. She brings a lot of heart (and some glamour!) into wedding planning. A great addition to your team, I highly recommend Expressionary Events! Thank you Carmen!!

Profile Picture Alexis, 7/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I couldn't of asked for a better planner. I love google; which is where I found her. She was on time for every meeting we had , unlike us , and was very patient with us when we were late. Our wedding was beautiful, gorgeous and perfect and all the vendors she recommended from RLP Graphics (pictures) Oh La La flowers, Cakes to Celebrate , Luxury DJ, just to name a few were great. The entire wedding flowed so smoothly and everything we had planned out happend exactly when it was suppose to especially because she is very organized and had a timeline we had to follow . Our invitations , save the dates , and special touches Carmen added were more than we could of asked for . Totally worth the money. Thank you and Kevin so much for everything.

Profile Picture Leo or, 5/24/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Dress & Attire, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I cannot begin to express what Carmen and her team contributed to our destination wedding. From our welcome gift bags to my barefoot jeweled sandals to our photography to ceremony site to flowers... and everything in between, I could go on and on... Her attention to detail is second to none and not just for the big things, like ceremony site and photography, but for all of the "little" things that add up to be incredibly important in the end, like being a translator with our vendors (Cabo wedding).

Kevin did our photography, and we absolutely love what what he did for us. He was with us all day and worked tirelessly to make sure he got the perfect shots he was looking for. He's great with children so all of our 6 (!!) little ring bearers and flower girls allowed themselves to be photographed, and resulted in some beautiful pictures. I could not be happier with ALL of my pictures, my hardest decision will be which to blow up!

I have a very tough time making decisions and Carmen was able to guide me, step-by-step through the entire process and made it pain-free. It was raining on and off on our wedding day (we had an outdoor beach wedding), and Carmen was able to keep me calm and collected, I would have lost my mind without her. Through the entire process their team was upbeat, energetic, supportive and accommodating. Overall, their help was invaluable, and you can really tell the entire team genuinely and thoroughly loves what they do. I love them both and have such beautiful memories of my wedding day. I highly, highly recommend Expressionary Events. Best decision besides deciding to get married :)

Profile Picture Nancy, 10/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Jewelry, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I signed up for wedding wire specifically to review all of our wedding vendors. First of all, I didn't know what to expect from a "Day Of" coordinator. There are so many people in Southern California that want you to pick them for your big day. Carmen is the sweetest soul. She loves what she does, and therefore, she is incredibly talented. To choose a career in such an emotional field must be taxing. Finding her was a blessing. She never once made me feel like I didn't know what was going on during my big day. She calmed by nerves, she handled everything so professionally, and she put me and my husband's needs first. I never had to look for her during the day, she was amazing. I would want her at my side for any important day. Let's face it, I love her, and we can't thank her enough. If you don't select her for your wedding/event, then you're at a loss. Thank you Carmen, you are a game changer.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/6/13, 10 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Invitations, Wedding Planning

We cannot express enough how big of a role Carmen played in taking the stress off of us before and on our Wedding day. Carmen and her team went above and beyond to make sure all the details of our Wedding were exactly how we envisioned them and so much more. From our first meeting forward, she took our ideas, and added valuable input of her own based on her experience to made our Ceremony + Reception truly memorable. We even received numerous comments from our family and guests about how on-the-ball Carmen and her team were. Our whole wedding day flowed so smoothly. Even if there were bumps, we would've never known. Carmen never failed to make us feel important and special on this Big day.

Seeing now how detail-oriented and professional Carmen and her team were, we wish we could go back in time and hire her day one of our Engagement!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

Carmen was an amazing wedding planner for the day of and the days leading up to my wedding! Very professional and always on time. I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Want to know how Expressionary Events is good? I was referred to them from another Event Planner! Carmen and her team are so amazing, it's beyond any words I could use in a review. Carmen was my right hand gal for the month before my wedding and made the transition flawless! She set up my decor just the way I imagined, wrangled both crazy families at the rehearsal, handled a DJ situation, and kept our day on time and running smoothly! Carmen is worth ever penny and even more. Her professionalism, organization, and just over all personality and laugh was such a breath of fresh air. Thank you, Expressionary Events!!

Profile Picture Casey, 8/2/13, 3 Reviews