Expose Photography by Heather Barkis Reviews

Expose Photography by Heather Barkis 6
Expose Photography by Heather Barkis 7

Sara B · Married on 11/10/2018

Heather is amazing!

I chose her initially because I liked the light & bright photos she takes, especially for a Florida wedding. She was personable from the time we met her and she really delivers. Heather was able to capture every single shot I imagined wanting from the wedding and more. Her eye for light and candid moments and her attention to detail make her unbeatable. I so appreciated her perfectly adjusting the train of my dress early in the day and how she was able to keep things moving along. She makes portraits feel natural and she is fun to work with while being very unintrusive, I didn't notice her at all during the ceremony, and she captured it perfectly. From our first meeting, our engagement pictures (the weather couldn't have been worse and she still found light!), and throughout the planning she was communicative and honest, and had great recommendations for other vendors. She worked well with her assistant, our DJ and our venue & catering manager. I'm in love with the photos and really happy that I chose Heather to make it possible to re-live the day. I'd highly recommend her and will definitely trust her with future family photos.

Sent on 02/09/2019
  • QueenB4Life

Stevi · Married on 05/04/2018

If I could give Heather 1 million stars I would...words cannot express how grateful my husband and I were for Heather's stunning work, professionalism, gracious heart, and calming spirit.
    To say our wedding day was memorable, is an understatement....nothing went as planned, but because of Heather, in the end everything was perfect, and we have the most stunning images as proof.
    Just so you can understand how above and beyond Heather went for us....here is a little bit of what our big day entailed.
    Bride (me) ends up in urgent care the morning of her wedding day with sever food poisoning and dehydration. Unable to get out of bed, wedding is postponed to the following day, and Heather was more than understanding and worked with my family to reschedule for the following day.
    On the day of our wedding "take two" we battled fierce winds, and gulf shore storms, which left Heather navigating the unknowns of where we are going to have the ceremony (the plan was for the beach) and at the last minute deciding to do a first look and push the start of the ceremony back slightly for fear the sky would open and we wouldn't capture any beach shots.
    I'll be honest I was nervous to get the images, I knew my husband would look amazing....but it took hours for me to prepare myself for that day and with the weather tossing my hair around, and our struggles with the conditions that day I really had no idea how our images would turn out.
    I quickly learned Heather had it all under control, and yes there are some hilarious images of our hair looking like troll dolls, but those are memories I will never forget. 95% of our pictures paint the picture of a story book wedding, filled with love, laughter, and cherished memories.
    We could never thank Heather enough for capturing what to this day is the best day of our life...regardless of the food poisoning, postponed wedding day, and stormy weather.

Sent on 08/16/2018
    Expose Photography by Heather Barkis 13
    Expose Photography by Heather Barkis 14
    Expose Photography by Heather Barkis 15

Megan · Married on 04/02/2017

I would highly recommend Expose Photography for any type of event or pictures your family needs. Heather shot my bridal shower last February and then my wedding last April and I couldn't be more impressed with how she captured the memories perfectly. We loved the pictures so much that we also had her take our son's newborn pictures in December. Coming from a first time mom, she made me feel so comfortable with how she handled my little guy. She was very professional and I will definitely be using her again for future family photos or events. :)

Sent on 05/11/2016
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 11/05/2016

Dealing with Heather was such a pleasure! From the moment that I contacted her to after the wedding she has been so responsive. She makes you feel very comfortable during the process. I haven't gotten any pictures back yet but I am very confident that they are going to be beautiful. My wedding was a destination so communication was very important for me. She helped me with the timeline of my events which was EXTREMELY helpful. I would highly recommend her for any of your photography needs.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Kaitlin · Married on 10/29/2016

Heather is awesome! So easy to work with! We did a first look and took all of our photos before the ceremony which was perfect! Heather is so professional and efficient that everything ran so smoothely. She went to our venue a few weeks before to walk the grounds so we didn't need to waste any time that day! If you pick Expose Photography you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Aprille · Married on 10/01/2016

I actually found Heather on Instagram! Planning a Florida wedding from Chicago, isn’t easy. Never meeting Heather, I put all of my trust into her for our special day. Heather was the best! She was completely professional and organized. She was great at giving directions, organizing the guests and creating the most stunning sunset pictures! The pictures came out so beautiful!! We received so many compliments on how every single picture was amazing. Heather truly has a gift of capturing life's best moments. We received the amazing jump drive of all our pictures in a timely matter. I wish I lived in Florida so I could tell everyone to use Expose Photography. If you are considering Expose Photography, do it - you will not regret it!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Doreen · Married on 07/25/2016

Heather was so personable and professional. She was very organized and got all the guests together for those signature group photos. I don't think she missed anyone. I would definitely use her services again.

Sent on 08/02/2016
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 06/11/2016

What can I say, Heather was awesome! Not only was she great from the beginning talks about what we were looking for in a photographer, but everything after that too. She made taking photos the day of the wedding a breeze. She was friendly and personable, but still very professional. I loved how she was familiar with our venue, so was able to be super efficient - where we did not have to take hours out of the day for pictures. With that said, the photos she did take are stunning. I can't even describe how many compliments I've gotten from friends and family (some even saying they'd like to fly her up North for any of their events). Great job!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Heather · Married on 05/06/2016

Just got my photos back and love each one more than the next! Heather was great from contract to editing, very prompt with any questions along the way, and really helped our day be as easy as possible. We had a group of 90 for our beach wedding, both with large families, and she got some beautiful shots while keeping us on time. Her and her assistant were a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Melanie · Married on 04/16/2016

Heather was awesome throughout the whole process. She was able to work with my husband and I financially until the day of the wedding. She was always understanding and flexible when it came to meeting together and speaking through phone. Both Heather and Michelle Price (her partner) photographed our wedding! It was 100% worth paying for 2 photographers. They got every single detail, nothing was missed!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Heather took our pictures in April on the beach and they were gorgeous. We live out of town and she was so helpful and easy to work with. We would definitely recommend her!!!!

Sent on 05/04/2016

Tracy · Married on 02/08/2016

Heather did an amazing job photographing our beach wedding in February! She verified our needs prior to the day, and she accomplished what we had wanted. It was stress and worry free! :-) Thank you Heather!

Sent on 04/04/2016

If you are looking for an AMAZING photographer to capture your special day look no further! Heather with Expose Photography was such a pleasure to work with. From the moment we spoke we knew that we wouldn't want anyone else capture our engagement photos and our big day. She did not disappoint! As a bride who planned her wedding from a distance I had no reservations about our decision to work with Heather. She really put me at ease that everything would be wonderful. Heather was excellent in her communication, timeliness, professionalism, flexibility, and ultimately I felt like I was working with a friend throughout the wedding planning experience. Not only was she our photographer but she gave a spectacular recommendation for our catering (Popz bbq by Steve Johnson). She really went above and beyond! Also, many of the girls in my bridal party recently got married themselves and were so impressed with Heather and her work on the day of my wedding and I received so many compliments on her and her work. Many thanks to Heather and Expose Photography for providing my husband and I memories that will last a lifetime. We look forward to using Heather's services in the future.
    Amanda & James
    (Married December 31, 2015 on Siesta Key, FL)

Sent on 04/27/2016

Katie · Married on 10/24/2015

THE BEST! My husband and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Heather Barkis! Even though we were miles away in NYC the communication was seamless. She provided recommendations for other vendors in the area, which made our lives a lot easier! She went above and beyond all of our expectations. She was nothing short of amazing throughout the entire wedding process! I've already recommended her to friends and will continue to do so! Not to mention, the pictures are amazing!!! Our friends and family were just as impressed with her work!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/17/2015

We booked Expose Photography for our Captiva wedding last October. We were recommended to her by another wedding vendor... Couldn't of been happier!!! Heather was great from start to finish! And we LOVE our pictures!! We get so many compliments still!! I would recommend (and do) to everyone!

Sent on 05/06/2016

Brittiny · Married on 05/02/2015

PERFECTION! That is the best word to describe my experience with Expose Photography. Working with Heather was so much fun and she is very knowledgable about the industry and trends. She did our engagement photos and wedding photos and they were absolute perfection. She made our special day so much better and we could not have done it without her. Thanks to Expose Photography by Heather Barkis we have beautiful memories of our perfect day! Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/25/2016
  • User5019035 · 2+ years ago

I was actually referred to Heather from Kari at Sanibel Moorings, she was awesome to work with! Heather and her assistant Kristen photographed our wedding just two weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier with the pictures! She did a great job and even worked with me on rush editing the photos so we could show them off at our wedding reception when we got home, since we were in Florida from out of state. She listened to what we were expecting from our pictures, and thought of a lot that we didn't. She was very affordable and was competitively priced against other photographers in the area. If we ever need another photographer while in the area, I will definitely be calling her!

Sent on 04/27/2015

Jennifer · Married on 11/29/2014

Heather and her team shot our wedding two months ago. She was amazing to work with! Heather has amazing attention to detail and was very creative in her work. Heather has an artistic eye for beauty, and captured everything perfectly! Everything was happening so fast during the wedding that it was all a blur for us but thankfully Heather and her team were there to capture so many great moments. I cannot wait to see all the pictures, if the few that she release right away are any indication, they will be absolutely perfect!! I highly recommend Heather to photograph any important event in your life!

Sent on 12/22/2014

Cheryl · Married on 11/22/2014

If you need a reason to book Heather with Expose Photography - simply look at her work. She has a gift to embrace the beauty in your surroundings, capture the most intimate moments you overlook and bring to light your emotions on film. Her team worked efficiently together. They adapted to changes in the weather and lighting limitations. Being an evening wedding and dark setting, Heather made sure to have enough flash exposure without overexposing the images. I had ideas gathered from Pinterest for different poses and locations, but in the end we let her do what she does best. The process was relaxed and enjoyable. The photographs came back phenomenal and earlier then expected. I could not be happier with what all the girls captured. Talk to her, ask her questions. She will do everything she can to capture everything you want and more. Thank you Heather and the EP team for your breathtaking work. I know we will be collaborating more in the future.

Sent on 01/15/2015

Lisa · Married on 11/02/2014

Absolutely AMAZING!! Heather and Roxanne were so great the entire day. Just a few days later and we already have some beautiful shots :-) We would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Wonderful from the beginning to the end! Professional, responsible and highly talented!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Staci · Married on 08/30/2014

Heather and her assistant Lisa did an amazing job photographing our wedding!! They were extremely organized and had everything under control! Heather was super quick to respond to any of my needs. She also had my galley up to view and a very reasonable amount of time! The photos came out beautiful! They captured so many people during the reception which helped us remember the night even better! My husband and I were extremely pleased with their service!!

Sent on 09/14/2014

Kristina · Married on 07/05/2014

Heather from Expose Photography photographed our wedding at the Westin - Cape Coral on July, 5th 2014. I found her after the wedding planner at the hotel gave her rave reviews! Heather got back to me almost immediately after I emailed her for the first time. After looking at her online photos and after speaking with her I knew I wanted her to photograph our wedding. It was hard enough planning a Florida wedding from Massachusetts but I knew just from speaking with her that it was going to be amazing! I was right. She checked in numerous times prior to the wedding to see if I needed anything and offered to be of any assistance knowing I was so far away. She blew me away. The day of the wedding she showed up and just started clicking away. Everyone that has viewed my pictures has complimented them! I just can't say enough about how amazing the whole experience was! Now I just wish she was in Massachusetts to take photos of my kids!

Sent on 09/04/2014

Anastagia · Married on 05/25/2014

Heather and I have been friends since we were teenagers, so it was so special to have her photograph my husband and I on our special day. She is insanely talented, extremely down to earth, very professional, and absolutely gorgeous! On the day of my wedding, she was not only my wedding photographer, she was also my therapist and my team leader! She made sure I had every single shot that I wanted, and she was there to reassure me that all of my anxious feelings were normal. I am so thankful for her!!! I recommend Expose Photography whole heartedly! My wedding memories would not have been the same without her.

Sent on 09/21/2014

Demica · Married on 05/03/2014

Heather and her team are absolutely amazing. I need up sick during happy hour and a little before that and they worked around me feeling well. Offered to redo pictures if I couldn't do it that night for another night in the future. I felt terrible holding everything back, but the pictures we did get are amazing. So happy Expose Photography was my wedding photographer! They ate simply the best and made me feel beautiful even when I felt sick. Thank you!

Sent on 05/05/2014